All Comments on 'Shifting Priorities'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
Tall_kTall_kalmost 7 years ago
Top notch!

Burntredstone,

Once again, you have given us another excellent tale! As always, I love both the characters' development and the perfect (for me) balance of story vs sex scene.

Thank you again and keep up the good work!!

beau6beau6almost 7 years ago
Brilliant!!

Still a fan........great story!

Lonely_readerLonely_readeralmost 7 years ago
'S good, 's good

I can't help but realise how your female characters, at least those who end up sleeping with the main one, are all very similar in your stories. Maybe adding someone who doesn't jump at "him" at second sight would add to your writing.

Still awesome job btw.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another good one

I enjoy all your stories. I would love to see a sequel to this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
IMHO, Your absolute best. And I don't much care for your other popular series...

I find Shepard and "Ed's" series to be completely failing to suspend any disbelief whatsoever. Reliance on impossible situations and tired erotic crutches like massive cocks and unbelievable mastery of every possible subject makes them completely disappointing. I'm not implying ALL of your work is unenjoyable and you are clearly a skilled writer. But this, now this is something that really presents some interesting and believable characters. I'd SO LOVE to see more of this and less of the others. jahoo

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaalmost 7 years ago
Love your work!

Hey BR,

I've looked at all of the writers I like on the site (and there are quite a few) and I noticed that NONE of your stories is rated lower than 4.71! That's high praise from this community. I appreciate the detail and texture you weave into your stories; I especially enjoyed your skill in this story, and with this subject. Nicely done!

Please keep up your fine work. I'm looking forward to reading more of it already!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
great one. and it deserves many more chapters

Thanks for sharing. All of your stories are great

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 7 years ago
Totally unbelievable

But still a fun story. I gave you a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
bravo

As always an excellent read. Who cares whether it is believable or not. I read to escape and this author never fails to deliver.

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years ago
Great and fun story :-)

Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Although I skipped most of the sex scenes since I wanted to see what happened next. *grin*

I love the original idea and I think if you fleshed out the scenes between the sex it would just about be a perfect harem story. ;-)

And I hoped for a night with all ladies involved. :-P

Wang4Wang4almost 7 years ago
Absolutely Amazing

BR, Your stories are among the most entertaining I have discovered on this site! The category they appear in is irrelevant. Wonderful characters strongly developed.

I may sound selfish but I hope you share your talent for many years to come

Ed

Droid121Droid121almost 7 years ago
Great work!

Really loved this new one BR. Hope you keep up the excellent writing. Is there a chance of a sequel or spin-off?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Home Run!!!

You hit it out of the park with this thoroughly enjoyable story. Thank you.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallalmost 7 years ago
The ballpark isn't even in sight any more!

I can't tell you how much effort it takes to refrain from simply gushing and gushing, suffice to say that a new story from you, any story is always a major highlight for me and many others here.

With this story however you managed to surpass yourself by a country mile (bicycle or no bicycle ;-) )!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sign Me Up For The Next Tour!

As an avid cyclist, I'm thinking I need to find this tour group and sign up for the next tour! Nice story--thanks!

subrostud46subrostud46almost 7 years ago
Nice job

This was almost as good as your Shepherd series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Awesome Read

Once again a great story! Thanks and keep 'em coming! - AV

rayironrayironalmost 7 years ago
It was a pleasure to see your byline again

And my anticipation of another splendid story was completely justified.

Thanks!!!

CarolSoCalCarolSoCalalmost 7 years ago
Great story

I especially enjoyed you weaving such realistic bits of cycling into the storyline instead of just cutting to the next lodging escapade! So very well done.....

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 7 years ago
Always a pleasure to see a new story from you!

Entertaining...sexy...great yarn...creative cast...made me laugh! Thanks!

meme165meme165almost 7 years ago
Desperate for the story to continue

A well written story, characters developed very well, the story flows, doesn't stutter or stumble along like so many stories that desperately try to string together sex scenes, this can be read without the sex scenes just as enjoyably as with them.

Please let there be more

jokeneastjokeneastalmost 7 years ago
Loved it!

I loved this story, I could not get enough of it and wanted more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thank you

Your continued creation of such enjoyable stories makes us want for more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Twitting the grammar Nazis?

Your welcome

You're cock

Really?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Harem again

I like your characters but why do they usually have harems? Are you s Fundamental is Mormon?

KaereniSisterKaereniSisterover 6 years ago
Another nice story

I love your work BurntRedstone. So far you have delighted me with them. Thank you for sharing.

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 6 years ago

As expected another fine tale from your good self.Love your work.Thank you very much.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
Poor, poor Gwen...

Goes to all that trouble to build the perfect boyfriend only to have the last two acts she did making him that way making HER unsuitable for HIM... freaking bitch...

Loved the story... pretty sure this was my second read...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

You're an incredible author, could probably be published if you haven't. But please enough with the condoms! This is an erotica site and we come here for fantasy. Nothing enjoyable about using condoms. Totally ruins the fantasy.

Other than that keep up the good work!

netgrpguynetgrpguyover 6 years ago
Keep it Going

BurntRedstone,

Please make this a series, as there seems to be plenty of room to continue to keep us entertained. Have read all of your stories and look forward to the next ones. Greatly appreciate all of your works, keep them coming. Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story

Would love to read more of this. You write superbly!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Your cycling was realistic, your relationships were, well, beliievable for erotica, but your France— not so much. The fluency every French person had in English was not as realistic. I’ve lived in Geneva and travelled in France, and the number of people who don’t speak English far exceeds those who do.

That said, it was still a fun, well-written story. I was bored by some of the cycling stuff,but that’s because I’m not a cyclist. If you had the same amount of writing only about football (soccer), I’d have loved it. 5*****

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 5 years ago
@ Anon 07/17/18

Forgive me if I miss-remember, but isn't he protagonist Canadian?

While not every Canadian is a fluent French speaker, it's not like that's unusual.

It might not explain it in every case, but maybe the author just didn't bother to tell us what language was being spoken from conversation to conversation. Or maybe writing in 'subtitled' French didn't add enough to the story to make up for the effort it would have required.

orestes08orestes08over 5 years ago

@GoesGrunt While the protagonist is Canadian, he made a point of mentioning where in Canada he is from. While French is the primary language of Quebec, Kyle is from British Columbia. Geographically, it would be like if people in Michigan spoke French, wondering why someone from California didn't. While he certainly may have been taught French as a second language in school, as someone who was conversant in French as a teenager but couldn't speak a lick by my early 20s, it does not at all surprise me that his French would be bad now.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 5 years ago
Just read this again!

Still a really good read!

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 5 years ago
Fun story...

Excellent writing and a fun story to boot. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Chateaux

The plural of ‘chateau’ is ‘chateaux’. But it was a nice storyline. Thank you.

linnearlinnearalmost 5 years ago
Great One

Another Winner just like all of your other stories that I've read. I was hoping he got together with Vivian and For a after the riding was finished. I can't wait to start the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Close to home

Thank you for this story, it was very theraputic. As someone who was in a nasty relationship with someone very much like Gwen a few years ago, it was helpful for me to see that there are other people like that (as I can only assume you've met at least one of them yourself). The fast slide from seemingly loving girlfriend to psycho stalker was particularly jarring. While I didn't come out of it nearly as well as Kyle did, at least now I know I'm not the only one who attracts stalkers.

Thanks again for the eye opening read!

oldtwitoldtwitalmost 5 years ago
OH so good

What a story, long it was but so well thought out and well paced, descriptions were very good and made it so readable. Have you been on a cycling holiday in France?? bet it did'nt have as much sex with as many women as in here....

One of the best I'v read in here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Long story, but undoubtedly by far the best I have read here.

Exceptionally well thought and written. The makings of a really good writer.

The erotic elements were delicious, and could have been made longer and more detailed. But overall extraordinarily well done.

The closure of how Kyle handled Gwen was superbly handled.

The last scene with the stewardess Matty could have been longer and more erotically intense.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago
Why aren't there 6*?

I've loved you're other stories and just discovered when I read your recent update I missed the adventures of Kyle. Can't wait to read his ongoing saga!

DoctimeDoctimeover 3 years ago

5*’s.

Just to show how good this story was, I thoroughly enjoyed all the rides, even the bike rides!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yawn

Bike. Screw. Bike. Screw. Bike. Screw.....Yawn

SlangTang69SlangTang69over 3 years ago
Great story!

Some really nice character development here. I definitely connected with Kyle as I've had the crazy ex thing. Nice job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this and totally connected with Kyle. The road to rediscovery after an emotionally abusive relationship looks different for everyone but the gist is the same : do you ( no pun intended lol)

AngusMAngusMalmost 3 years ago

Whow what a corker. Yuo sure tell a good NO AN EXCELLENT yarn 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍😊😊

6niner6nineralmost 3 years ago
good job

i liked it, a lot

the reason i gave it 4 stars, and not 5:

it does seems too much of a juvenile male fantasy to have every woman who comes across kyle to want to fuck him.

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

I should be so lucky!!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Another great story! Looking forward to next chapter. Thanks ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

RamazaRamazaover 2 years ago

An other great story, with Kyle having a lot similarities with Ben Shepherd when it comes to women and their love life, that’s not a bad thing, it’s a very very good thing, I love how you write and are looking forward to be reading more of your work.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow! What a pleasure to read with your first installment of Shifting...The cycling knowledge and the tour knowledge was well crafted and presented. Interestingly, my best friend lives in France and like those on the cycling tour, is an avid cyclist throughout Europe. Your story development hit all the right notes of love lost and the regaining of confidence in life and in romance. I'm looking forward to reading the second part to this story. K

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wish fulfillment to the max.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a great story I am really looking forward to the next chapters

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Well, omg and wow! I have loved other of your works / series, i.e.: Ben Shepard, Jack Danner, and Edward Walters most especially,.. I put off this series for several years due to mistakenly thinking it was centered around auto racing,.. if I'd known it involved a bicycle tour through the French countryside I would read it much sooner,.. well, better late than never,.. and as of last week I have another instalment to the series, thank you! ;-) TTFN

Rocky210Rocky210over 2 years ago

What a great story, I laughed so hard. The sex scenes were great to. Heading now to Shifting Gears. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Alfred is the typical blow hard Republican! All air, no substance! Being a Canadian I seen seen this type routinely when I owned a place in the USA!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why isn’t this story rate 5.00 stars?

liqiyeliqiyeover 2 years ago

Loved it .. loved how the story flowed .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I read this story in one go - I couldn't put it down. Wow, I did appreciate the travel tale atmosphere with its interlinked erotic moments. Perfectly balanced and it kept me yearning for more. I'd love to give it 10 stars!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

Great story. Think Kyle, Vivian and maybe Dika should start a new bike touring company open to Females only. Helen can do all the bookings. LOL

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519about 2 years ago

Great story! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Excellent story!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hectic, but interesting! Whatever he has, could I get a small vial of it?( Probably more than I could handle, but what a way to go!

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICalmost 2 years ago

What a superb story. I had to read it in one sitting. I can’t wait to read the other two stories. ;-p

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story.....

johnnyj888johnnyj888over 1 year ago

I took a break from this website for a year or two. Starting back with this story reminded me how much I enjoy your writing. This story was funny sexy and light reading. It was well written as usual. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Kyle the spineless whore that he is, totally deserved Gwen.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Oh for sure vacation can be a deal breaker or marriage breaker ....... And someone may can enjoy the other side of life the bright side

🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🍀

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So, I'm from the 'burbs of Vancouver, and was a cyclist as a teen. Summer training (I was a skier) I used to go to Kitsilano Beach every day, cycling there by way of Burnaby Mountain/SFU ... mainly because it was such a fun ride down. Had a customised racing bike, and in my highest gear i couldnt pedal fast enough ... as i passed cars heading down. Two guys on my ski team were stopped by the police for "excessive speed" ... it was AWESOME!

- for reference, Terry Fox, the one-legged cancer vuctim who ran half-way across Canada, also went to SFU, but he used to do the hill on his weheelchair, inspiring Rick Hansen to go around the world on his.

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

This story is amazing! It's a little over-the-top, what with Kyle's 'magic dick' and the excessive drama, but it's always interesting and even exciting at times. Kyle is very self-aware and well-spoken. He's a bit of a push-over at times, but at least he isn't constantly looking down on others, preaching and trying to control others' lives and tell them what's best for them all the time like Ben Shepherd.

Gwen seems to be a bit like a mini Amanda Turd.... it's good he kicked her ass to the curb!

Easy 5 stars for this story!

jkthekatjkthekatabout 1 year ago

Striker, I totally agree!

cutedaddy69cutedaddy6911 months ago

The story is well written and entertaining, really enjoyed it. I have to agree with the anonymous commenter of 9 months ago: “Kyle, the spineless whore that he is, totally deserved Gwen." Although i might have put it less harshly..

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar11 months ago

Wonderfully entertaining! 5*

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

I agree that the story line is a bit over the top, but it does stop at the right time. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

For future reference, nobody from England would say they are from "London, England" (or "Birmingham, England" etc.), just as no French person would say that they are from "Paris, France".

It would always be "I'm from London"; "I'm from Paris" etc.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit8 months ago

Despite a peppering of spelling and grammar mistakes, and rather dreadful misuse of English throughout, I did rather LIKE this pert and perky, amusing cheesy little tongue-in-cheek tale! The author DID happily strike just the right balance for me, of poking a little ridicule, going sufficiently over the top for it to be comic, without going so far as to farcically absurd, unfunny , degrading or insulting! So, -well done! Thanks! 5-star!

R.S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Ironic. From a shy submissive, to a sexual chick magnet. Is this from the author's personal experience? A recurring them, love of outdoors, good food, alcohol liberal, beautiful women, and dancing/physical workouts.

(And promises to keep before he finally sleeps?)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
9874 Followers
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

SIMILAR Stories