All Comments on 'Shit Happens!'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just one problem

There are stories down the page that I want to read. ReedRichards has never written anything I wanted to read. Tough choice.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
What?

Are you trying to say that we shouldn't try to get revenge on cheating wives, or are you saying we should be better shots? Good story about a man who went to prison twice for taking revenge on a cheating wife. Once because he missed with his shot, and the second time when he didn't miss with his shit. I guess the moral is, don't be a shit shot because you're going to prison either way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Reminds me...

This reminds me of a cement batch truck driver in Denver, CO in the 1950s who realized as he got to work one day that he had forgotten his wallet. He loaded his truck and stopped by his house on the way to his delivery and found a nice new convertible with the top down, parked in front of his house. He walked into the bedroom, grabbed his wallet off the dresser, didn't say a thing to the couple in the bed, swung the boom out from the back of his truck and filled the convertible with wet cement. That car sat on a street corner in Denver for many years as a reminder to guys who fuck other men's wives.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago
Re: 26thNC

I think Reed is saying "act in haste, repent at leisure".

There's nothing wrong with revenge, but he should have planned it carefully.

ctdansctdansabout 4 years ago
Bummer

I thought he was going to leave wife and her lover in a septic tank. But still what he did was fun but i dont think worth prison.

RolanRunnRolanRunnabout 4 years ago
Linda's side?

Would you be willing to do another chapter from Linda's perspective and why she did it?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years agoAuthor
What was the moral of the story, 26thNC asked

The clue was in Mr McCollum’s complaint about too many “hunters” who operate on “Ready, fire, aim!” He took his shot without thinking, too quickly, and half way missed. He took his shot in broad daylight, in the middle of a neighborhood. He couldn’t keep his mouth shut in front of the judge. And then, when he had already realized that doing something to his ex would get him sent back to Graterford, he did it anyway.

It was just a quick flash story, and the idea just came to me one morning. This was written in one sitting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
meh

qhml's shitty story (A Shitty Way To End A Marriage) was way better than your shitty story, sorry bro.

tizwickytizwickyabout 4 years ago

This story should be re-titled to "You Gotta be Tough to be Dumb". Seriously though I really enjoy Reed Richards writing even the less than epic ones. Reed's previous stories on the subject of cheating wives and revenge are masterpieces so I can only assume that the moral of this story is that revenge isn't for everyone and it requires a certain high level of planning and intelligence to accomplish successfully.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 4 years ago
Not bad for a humour piece

Got a few chuckles out of me for this one, thanks for sharing.

3/5

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Well

That was depressing

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 4 years ago
I love a good revenge

But the cost- ten plus years in prison and no-longer a card carrying virgin, was to high.

As always, your story’s are well written. Thanks.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 4 years ago
Huh

I mean I *am* glad he’s in prison.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
there are men like this all around us

it's not a story I would like to read. a violent man with a dangerous and explosive attitude who deserved what he got and more.

looking4itlooking4itabout 4 years ago

Trying to write a comedy I hope otherwise I'm not sure the purpose of this story other than killing time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Stick with "romance" Richards.

You do much better in that category. 15 stories posted today and only two made the four star plus ratings. What does that tell you about the quality of stories posted in loving wives? Good thing, we had the Highway song series just recently, still many good stories left to read. Authors should take note of these type authors, that posted in the Series, maybe learn something?

RolanRunnRolanRunnabout 4 years ago
Linda's Perspective

Could we have a chapter about Linda's side of the story?

GrimmerGrimmerabout 4 years ago

Well that was a messy situation - chuckle!!!

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsabout 4 years ago

I guess the moral is, don't put guns into the hands of idiots. Kissing isn't cheating the way f**king is, and to shoot two people based on observing a kiss, and jumping to conclusions (even if they turned out to be right) the way our hero the moron did, is reckless and criminal. I'd cheat, too, if I had a husband like that bloke.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Self-destruction runs strong in that one.

Fun read, and perhaps a life lesson, but not a path I'd want to travel.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
lol not her's a cool dude

at least he knew he didn't worry about jail

njlaurennjlaurenabout 4 years ago
Eh

Too short and just didn't work for me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Lol

Sums up everything 😂

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 4 years ago
I can see it

Well written, quick and easy. Short and not so sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Childish idiots like this asshole wonder why their wives cheat on them, deserved jail and more.

robinhodrobinhodabout 4 years ago

Should feel some sympathy for this guy. Can't. Too much of an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
You did a good job

of writing about the dumbest, most moronic, stupid dumbass in the world. Butnot my cup of tea. BAD BAD BAD Got 1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great satire

I read this as satire, and as such, it was funny as all heck. Keep writing, Reed Richards!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@JBEdwards, technically, he only SHOT one person, HITTING two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Odd. What was the point?

This guy was too stupid to marry a decent woman, so who cares? Stupid people live fucked up lives, happens all the time. Was this supposed to be some rant against stories where the husband successfully enacts some great act of revenge and never gets caught? His second act of revenge is vandalism, trespass, and maybe littering. And you think they are going to waste prison time for that? Hell, he just gave them good evidence that he was rehabilitated, going from attempted murder to slinging shit at people he doesn't like. Sounds like he's all set to become a contributor to MSNBC.

But please keep up the contributions. Somebody has to occupy that end of the bell-shaped curve.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Missed twice

Poor guy back in prison and cheating wife still limping around town. There is no justice in the world today.

maninconnmaninconnabout 4 years ago
Ha!

I read. I laughed. 5stars! Thanks for writing!

terraknorterraknorabout 4 years ago

A good lesson on what happens to folks who are too stupid for their own good.

CreeperclawCreeperclawabout 4 years ago
Could be wrong

But that kid may be urs bud....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Oh my gosh

Laughing so hard. Oh my...now thats revenge.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

As someone else said qhml1's story "A Shitty Way To End a Marriage" used this same theme to MUCH better affect.

@JBEdwards, not defending the husband, but if you really believe that wasn't a post-coital kiss, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 4 years ago
Fuck! Brilliant.

5-stars & Favorite

penneydog55penneydog55about 4 years ago
Wowee!

We need a bit of a laugh in these terrible times! 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Okay story

Have seen just too many guys like that. Shit for brains and smoke weed to make it worse. Hell, he ends up punishing himself more than her or her fuck friend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I'm all for real justice and balancing the scales. But I've never been in favor of scatological content.

bobareenobobareenoabout 3 years ago

I suppose you feed the idiots the pablum their comments demand. This was certainly a misogynist's and a sadist's delight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not up to norm for this writer. By the time I got to the end all I could think was the it was about damn time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good fun light hearted story. Much better than all these bullshit stories of how the innocent wimp suffers and cries like a baby still living under the false illusion that he still loves his ex wife who is now nothing but a lying cheating backstabbing greedy evil slut. And how he still wants this nasty evil bitch to help raise his kids. Yuk. Pathetic. Pathetic characters. Pathetic plot.

This story does illustrate a valid point that many readers seem to have missed.

When you have lost everything then you have nothing more of any value to lose.

He knew even before he backed the truck up that he would get caught and go back to prison. But it didn't matter to him coz he had nothing left. He was empty. He didn't give a fuck if he lived in prison. He didn't give a fuck if he lived in a house. He had already lost everything. He had nothing left to give. He had nothing left to care with. He had nothing left to care about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

All it takes is one person like me in the jury, and he walks! Shitfire, he didn’t even kill anyone! I sure don’t want to live anywhere that there isn’t even one person in twelve that believes adultery should be punished, regardless of what the law, which is an ass, says!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well, that was different.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous