All Comments on 'Sister Finds My Literotica Feedback'

by BigMadStork

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
nightjacknightjackabout 5 years ago

Great short story. Would love to see how the situation develops.

Geisha1Geisha1about 5 years ago
Wow!

Very sexy 750 words. Great tease! Loved it.

BigMadStorkBigMadStorkabout 5 years agoAuthor
750 Word Contest

This is an entry in the 750 word contest.

linnearlinnearabout 5 years ago
Good Read

Short and sweet. Another standout story.

goducks1goducks1about 5 years ago
i probably should comment

but wow - a very sexy story in 750 words. fantastic!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
750 words, mostly passive-aggressive, self-important jabs -- why??

I don't vote stars if I can't give at least a 4. Personally, I'm against undercutting the efforts of any contributing writer.

So, I didn't vote on this story, but I'm leaving a, hopefully constructive, criticism. Obviously, it's merely my opinion, one of billions in this world, so take it with a grain of salt and spoon of humility.

This piece was, at best, ironic. You (passively, through a third character) bashed your readers as "abusive" for negative feedback on your other works, and yet subjected them to a 750 word dialogue around excuses for your poor authorial and editorial skills. Sometimes, insults are a turn on; trust me, this didn't get me hot.

But it did give me deja vu. Because I did something like this in high school; instead of revising a paper with a failing grade, I wrote a long piece for my school paper about the injustices of a weighted GPA scale. Like pretty much any human being's, my pride was hurt by the negative feedback. But in the long run, and despite my disappointment, the harsh criticisms proved accurate.

You are absolutely right that the veil of online anonymity can spur people to act with exaggerated, often repugnant, cruelty, and not all comments deserve attention. But based on your 750 word story: I'd imagine the feedback that you deemed worthy of inspiring this piece contains some truth about your weaknesses as a writer. If that's the case, perhaps consider that commenting, even for the 'anonymous', is a multi-step process on this site and without instant gratification. For example: by the time this comment even publishes on your page, I'll have moved on with my life. Maybe this perspective will give you a new appreciation for negative feedback; that many of your critics are, like me, without personal gain, and the criticism, even if harsh, has kernels of insight.

Based solely on the dialogue in your 750 word story: you might get less disappointing feedback if you round out your story arcs beyond the initial ideas. An idea, even a good one, is not a story. Getting ideas down is "fun" but writing is hard frustrating work. Good writers do the extra crafting to close plot holes of "confusing passages and missing parts" in their stories. It's hard to do and takes lots of time (and again, why I, personally, have lots of respect for the authors on this site, doing this for free). But the effort empowers you to write and read with a critical eye, without needing remedial editing assistance or obsequious feedback.

The best writing tip I ever got was "When your ego no longer need accolades for your work, they will come to you in droves." I hope the same tip now serves you well too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Ok I guess.

It' s ok, Is this going to be the starting point of a new series? I see potential here for one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Um?

The girls are right. Why bother at all? The positive comments on this HAVE to be fake.

BigMadStorkBigMadStorkabout 5 years agoAuthor

It's just a story. Nothing sinister or double meaning. My stories are very long, I took this as a the challenge it was meat to be. I found it terribly limiting, but hey, now I know not to write 750 word stories again. My goal was to attempt a clever ending, something I don't normally do.

joep01joep01about 5 years ago
Now I get it...

I thought it was very short and under developed for one of your stories until I saw your comment about it being one of the 750 word contest submissions and then it made sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Harder than it sounds.

I thought you did a great job at keeping it to 750 words. You have an intro, build-up, and then a sex scene. Not great literature, but then very little on Literotica is.

Sorry for the Anonymous post, but I just try to keep my online presence minimal...

ps. If I'm really into a story, I ususally don't criticize and ignore grammar issues.

A few thngs stick out, mostly usage of wrong words that sound the same.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeabout 5 years ago
It wasn't bad

I enjoyed the meta-humor about the mistakes in your writing while catching mistakes in your writing. One trick that helps me with "writer's blindness" is to write in one font (like Arial) and then proof read in a very different font (like Times New Roman). I'm not sure why it works, but I find I catch more mistakes that way. You could also check out the Editors Forum on the Literotica bulletin board and find an editor to give you a second set of eyes.

It was a good story, but fewer distracting errors would make it more enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Question

Have you considered coming back to this story and building on what you have so far.

Maybe add a couple more parts where the siblings develop their relationship further.

Maybe expanding on the relationship between Joe and Jane average.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How ironic!!

2nd line of story - "I read his all his stories. "!!

9th line of story - "He sucks as a writer. Misspellings, wrong words, confusing passages, ..."

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

Ha!!! Made me laugh

seeker76seeker76about 2 years ago

Way too short not even long enough for a chapter never mind a full story.

CcatoneCcatonealmost 2 years ago

Short and to the point let the reader fill in the gaps.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigMadStork@BigMadStork
Yes, it's been a while since I published. I had a bit of a writer's funk and have survived. I just published a short story (for me), and more will follow.