All Comments on 'Sisters, Friends, and Lovers Ch. 03'

by SteveWallace

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
hmmmm

Continues to be outstanding writing.

However, adding partners for casual sex to this mix will spell the end of any long term relationship. Which is a shame given the story and feel for the characters thats developing.

I would rather it be about the 4 of them and their relationship, rather then just a mass of semi attached people having sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Caution: Sharp Change in Direction Ahead

The initial chapters have been an interesting exploration of the beginnings of a polyamory family. I had hoped there would be a constitutional challenge to multiple marriage using a parallel to same sex marriage. Also there could have been issues of children in such families and their societal acceptance and development. Steve Wallace seems to have the intellectual capacity to take on such a challenge.

Alas, that didn't happen. Instead you will find an orgy that gradually appears to be encompassing all of Greater Boston. If that is your taste, it appears to be well done. Read on.

gravyruggravyrugover 9 years ago
anon 6/01

Why do you state that adding casual encounters will mean the end of the relationship? I mean, it's certainly a possibility, but there's no reason for it to be an automatic deal-breaker.

I do like the story so far, but it seems to be beginning to drift into the preachiness and justification that romantic1 tends to fall into. You don't have to sell me on the concept, just show me what happens.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
my POV

I have not had a polyamorous relationship. Only once when I was young and ignorant did I try and it ended with a well deserved getting run out of town by both women.

Over the years I have known of two multiple partner groups. One of those eventually fissioned into two separate families. As far as I observed, peacefully and with mutual amity on all sides.

A few years later a woman I was working with told me about being forced into joining a swap club by her husband. Eventually to be the rancorous ex.

This group ended in bitter feuding and violence. It turns out that the two or three men controlling the group just figured that all the women brought in were theirs for the taking.

And that the other husbands and boyfriends were just there for financial support and maybe allowed sloppy-seconds and clean-up duties.

So there are lots of variations possible in this theme.

It's just that most of the authors and readers on this site are older males who like to delude themselves as to their sexual prowess. Real life Clark Kents pretending to be Supermen.

As Robert Heinlein said: "The worst lies a man will tell, are the lies he tells to himself."

sanser6sanser6over 8 years ago
Wonderful chapter

Tantric sex is so good. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Name switch

On page two, Steve went off with Cindy and Cindy's husband with Sheila. But afterwards you stated Cindy's husband seemed to have had a good time with Fran.

Enjoying the story so far.

ghalbertmckghalbertmckover 3 years ago
Was that an oops?

"Cindy's husband ended with Sheila, " before Steve and Cindy get together, but after,

Steve "felt good that Cindy's husband seemed to have a good time with Fran, ..."

Just a minor bump in an interesting and arousing episode. Thanks

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 2 years ago

Huge letdown for me. I wanted Steve and the sisters to stay loyal to each other in their group. Steve is sounding more and more like Steve Dallas of Bloom County. 3/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSteveWallace@SteveWallace
A note on the story Loosening Up: Yes, it has many many characters. A PDF is available upon request listing the characters and placing them in some kind of perspective for the reader. Just email me (see below). Well over 18 ... even 30, hell 40 is way back there, oh hell, o...