All Comments on 'Snowed In'

by Polyacrylate

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The story was good but ...

you need to Proof Read or to get an Editor to do it properly for you. Too many miss-spellings or use of wrong homophones - e.g. 'site' and 'sight'!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Captivated

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I usually take note of mistakes by the writer, however, I was so enthralled, any mistakes were overshadowed by the story itself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I thought the story was good but a bit too long.

I was getting bored with the first two pages. Too much detail, but then the story began to pick up. The last 3 pages were excellent.

As for the twp previous comments, you guys need to get your head out of your ass. This is not an english class and nor a term paper. This is a web site about erotic stories. The purpose of these stories is to get people aroused. This story definitely succeeded in doing that. Whether they use the correct spelling, punctuation, or context is irrelevant.. If your thing is too critique somebody's story for these things, then you are on the wrong website, and you need to get a life.

BobossweetnessfreakBobossweetnessfreakover 6 years ago
Great story!

It was a great story. I kinda figured it out that Maya was going back to her husband and kids when she just happened to have sheets and stuff in her car. I was hoping that she would get custody of her kids and bring them to live with her. That she and Aaron would get together. That she'd have another kid and it would be his. But then I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful

I loved the pace of it and the subtle side issues and happenings. Hopefully you're activity writing a follow up story on "Capturing Lizzie". Congratulations on a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I liked it!

I'm looking forward to reading more from you, I liked the pace of the story development and felt like it was very believable.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 6 years ago
@anonymous ("I thought the story was good but a bit too long.")

Maybe you should Pull YOUR head out of whoever's ass IT'S up! Your comment about the story being "a bit too long" is no different than the earlier anonymous commenters' comments. And yes, most Literotica readers read stories here to get aroused, but there are those among us who notice errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and so on, which pulls us "out of the story", thus making it less likely for us to be aroused by it. If such errors do not bother you, congratulations! Evidently, the length of this story DOES. It did NOT bother me, so should I tell you to "get a life"? NO, because yours was a valid opinion. SO WERE THE EARLIER COMMENTS WHICH YOU SCORNED.

Just sayin',

-Rei

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 6 years ago
Great story

And NO it wasn't too long at all . Loved it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Lonely_readerLonely_readerover 6 years ago
Very very good

The sex scenes were uniquely described, never read anything quite like this.

Thank you!

PolyacrylatePolyacrylateover 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you all for the feedback

I'm grateful for the feedback, positive and negative. Thank you all for reading.

I write largely for myself, and typically do so at work, on my phone, on my lunch break. I really enjoyed putting this story together, and thought I had made some main characters with at least 2.5 dimensions, who were dealing with some relatively complicated themes. I wanted to share this one, as opposed to most of my other writing, which, like I said, is largely for myself. And I got it in my head that it would be fun to submit as a contest entry. Unfortunately, I saw that I was not going to have time to finalize this story in time for the Winter Holiday contest, and ultimately decided that, as I had room to grow as a writer anyway, to submit this as something of a 'second-but-not-quite-final' draft, still in need of a little editing for grammar, and in a few patches, content.

Also, the writing app that I have stubbornly clung to has exhibited some odd behavior lately, where it would, on the occasion of saving, copy random bits of text and repeat them. There are at least two occasions where this happened with the submitted file.

I apologize for the mistakes, and hope they are not too off putting, and that you will give me another chance if I decide to submit more in the future.

As for complaints about story length... It was originally about 30% longer. Kayla was a speaking role, with phone conversations and sexting throughout the first act. Maya, Lizzie, and Aaron had more work related conversations to establish the two leads' chemistry (heh), and a lack thereof with Lizzie. There was also a little bit more in the framing story at the end, but ultimately, I decided that all distracted from the main event, as this IS an erotic story, after all. So, to simplify things and just focus on their night together, I chose to leave the above details out or implied.

I wrote this story largely because I find the Christmas season to have a duality of joyousness and wistful melancholia, and have found the holiday contest stories on Literotica to typically lean too hard on the former. I didn't grow up in poverty like Aaron is implied to, but there was a lot of shouting, anger, and resentment in my childhood home, which has irreversibly colored how I see Christmas. And getting stuck in the office overnight by outside factors can be pretty lousy, too.

And while I have the floor, if you share my view of the duality of the season, two wonderful Christmas songs to listen to are The Pogues "Fairytale of New York" and the mentioned-in-the-story "Yelling at the Xmas Tree" by Billy Idol.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all, and thank you so much for reading.

Just_John1Just_John1over 6 years ago
Entertaining read!

The only negative thing is the typos, understood now that you said you write on your phone. It wasn’t overly distracting though. I got invested in the characters and was anxious to find out what happens. Definitely a page turner. Really enjoyed this story and I will look for more work from you. Nothing better than good character development and if that takes you an extra page or two then good! More to read. Thanks for sharing your work! I’m a new fan.

rescatooorrescatooorover 6 years ago
How Bittersweet

I understand the argument that the story is too long. (Some say the ideal lengrh is around three pages.) However, with the simplicity of the premise, I valued the fact that these characters had so much time to learn about each other and build a relationship within the couple of days that they were stranded.

Had they been fucking the entire time, I would've tuned off a lot earlier. It's a good balance of sex and story you have here.

Really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

crittergirlcrittergirlover 6 years ago
Lovely

This story tugged at my heart in just the right way, with a well done mix of emotions, both happy and sad. I also like a bit of melancholy in my holiday stories. Like a hint of sour in a sweet dish, it brings out the other flavors and makes them shine. As for songs, you might also like "Same Old Auld Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg.

gordo12gordo12over 4 years ago
Always a sucker for "Snowed In" stories.

Always a sucker for "snowed in" stories and this one was great. 5*

NorCalLokiNorCalLokiover 3 years ago
Still wondering

What the image was that Maya sent?

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusalmost 3 years ago

Thanks for the well written and imaginative story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story! Wish Maya and he would have made a life together and got her kids...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous