All Comments on 'Solace'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 109 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
SOLACE ONLY HIDES THE PAIN

the only known cure is family love. TK U MLJ LV NV

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
A Worthy Successor

Excellent story and a worthy companion piece to Grief.

Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Magnificent

As usual absolutely magnificent

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
What in the world is LW coming to?

Who'd have thunk it? A LW story about oh, a loving wife :)

Sad, shocking, dumb arse cowboy cop, but a very human story with one major exception,..

[Gap for spoiler]

It had a happy ending O.O

Thank you Rand

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One of your best!

Beautifully paced and lovingly expressed. Lots of raw emotion kept me on the edge of my seat. Truly, truly one of your best.

PearDrop3PearDrop3over 5 years ago
Excellent Story from an Excellent Writer

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I think you overestimate what people can call cps for

specifically in cases like this they couldn't force them to put him into treatment to prolong his life at that exact moment that he was diagnosed

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
American cops

Are triggerhappy. I am glad to live in a country with sensible gun laws.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent in every respect.

Simply superb. As a writer and an observer of the human heart, you're in a class set apart. Nothing more can be said.

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
I Must Have Dust In My Eyes " They're Weeping"

I Am Going Out On A Limb Here!......(Loving Wives Category)......This is By Far The Best Story I've Read!......No Faults--Just Praise. .....So Without Further Adieu I Give You 5 Stars★★★★★ WOOF!

WritewingerWritewingerover 5 years ago
solace.

One of the best stories that I have read. It certainly deserved a higher rating.

musicman1261musicman1261over 5 years ago
WOW

An excellent story!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Never Gets Old

If you put a gun to my head a forced me to pick a SINGLE story as my favorite, it wold probably be Oshaw's "Grief." This is certainly a beautiful companion piece.

Five solid stars.

Thank you, Randi!

jneric2691jneric2691over 5 years ago
Loved the Story!

I do have to admit that I almost had to stop reading but, in the end, I pushed through and finished. You are a marvelous writer.

Thank You

RTR10RTR10over 5 years ago

Damn, that was an amazing story! I started reading in the checkout line at Walmart & actually waved two people ahead of me so I could finish the story. Well done!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Excellent story (as usual from BR)

BG is correct - Oshaw's "Grief" is one of the most powerful stories I have ever read. Unfortunately BR's narrative in this story about the medical profession and CPS is all too true - it happened to an unfortunate teenager named Pelletier in New England a few years back - a quack with a mile high ego ruined the girl's health and bankrupted her family. Appreciate BR's talent - this is a well-written and compelling story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
DCA, Professor Michelakis

Look them up, then decide for yourself.

I personally, even though an atheist, do hope there is a heaven for those innocent children and a very special hell for big pharma executives, especially those of Bayer and Monsanto, Skrelli of epipen fame etc.

Dichloroacetic acid (DCA) has been used for over 50 years as a treatment for mitochondrial abnormalities, thus not patentable as a novel treatment for glioblastoma and therefore not profitable for big pharma to spend millions of dollars for clinical studies for a non-patentable drug.

Thank you Randi for a moving story.

With friendly greetings from Greece

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Envy Lucas

What an excellent example of a devoted wife and mother! Kept my interest from the beginning and I didn't want her story to stop. This is probably the first story I've read that turly belongs in Loving Wives.

oshawoshawover 5 years ago

What a wonderful compliment and a great treat to have a story by Randi on Halloween. Thank you so much, Randi!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Glioblastoma

I am familiar with this. Glioblastoma is 99.99% fatal. Thee is no secret or magic cure. There are some new treatments that are extending the life some but it is unknown how effective it will be since it is still in the testing phase. I had a family member in her early 50's and she made the decision to operate and have radiation and chemo. After the operation she was paralyzed. The doctor had said there was some chance of "weakness." Being paralyzed is not being weak. Of course, she also took the chemo and radiation. She lived almost a year paralyzed, not being able to feed herself, etc. I now have a childhood friend who is diagnosed with inoperable Glioblastoma.

This is not medical advice. All cases are different. Some people can live for significant amounts of time with Glioblastoma with a good quality of life, so I am not making any recommendation except to get the best advice you can from legitimate doctors and make your own decisions. You should also ask about experimental treatments as there are new and different treatments all the time and maybe one day there will be a cure.

anon.1

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Great work

Stupendous story full of emotion

InsigniaInsigniaover 5 years ago
For a moment

You had me humming El Paso.

Well done BR. Great characters flaws and all.

imanononeimanononeover 5 years ago
Glioblastoma

I thought I had posted on this and I assume it does not appear because I did not use my user name. I have experience with Glioblastoma and it is generally considered incurable although there are currently some experimental drugs that give hope for longer extended lives with treatment. It is a very aggressive form of brain cancer. A close family member was diagnosed with it. She was competent so decided on the full treatment: removal of what could be removed, chemo and radiation. She ended up paralyzed and lived for almost a year that way. With this diagnosis you need to get the best medical advice you can from recognized institutions specializing in it and competent and trained oncologists. Then, you need to make up your mind if the treatment and associated side effects are worth what there is to be gained.

FYI, the incidence of Glioblastoma per capita is growing significantly and there are studies trying to determine what the causes may be. There is no definitive answer yet.

anon.1

pkmapkmaover 5 years ago
Excellent, well done, *****

I really enjoyed this. Your study of the human condition and all the trials along the way was very well done. A nice contrast to those anonymous commentators who need to each character to declare nuclear war or a story isn’t worth reading.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 5 years ago
Running out of superlatives

This is really well written.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 5 years ago
An absolutely wonderful story

Full marks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Again... well written story but based on a false premise

Decisions surrounding cancer treatments are left ultimately to the patients or in this case the parents. CPS would not and could not take a child in that situation.

I was ok with it tho and was invested in the story until the last part where I just had to laugh at the absurdity of police barreling in, sirens blasting and guns ablazing ......months later. The local law enforcement knew where they were and would have quietly knocked on their door soon after they returned from Mexico the first time and informed them of the laws they had broken and would have arrested them discretely.....except for....oh ya, they didnt break any laws.

5* for the writing, 2* for the story....haven't decided yet if will be a 3 or 4.

kurmuginkurmuginover 5 years ago
Excellent.

You write beautifully with lots of emotion and insight into the reactions to events and circumstances. This was one of your best. You scared me a bit when Sin was shot, but you brought the positive aspect back. Thanks for this great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

another good story keep them coming

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
good story, but it makes perfect sense

this husband may have faltered, but he's in a different category. he's easily described as the top 20% of males. women COULD theoretically date a 7 is she was a 7, but on average almost all women want to date UP. Of course cute young naive nurses/doctors/any woman really... are going to instinctively gravitate towards this man.

women are still the gatekeepers of sex, so they SEEK men. Yes, men typically pursue and even initiate dating/sex....but women hold the VETO power. So it's actually women that choose mates. It made perfect sense that women were instinctively flirting with this man at his weakest. Why is the wife going to cheat? Women won't leave a top 20% guy for some cute young doctor, she'll feel very tempted if it's some older handsome doctor with status preying on her....but she's got her motherly instincts in over-drive....most men will literally run away from that until the child either recovers or dies. that 'momma-bear' stereotype is all too real. so OF COURSE he'd falter. If he had another man or group to kill/fight...he'd be in his element, and she'd seem lost. But tending to the sick only gave her inner strength....but Lucas can't beat his silver-back gorilla chest and beat up cancer cells....he was and felt utterly useless.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
Such a rarity, a story about a loving wife in this category

You'd think there would be a lot of these types of stories here, but they are difficult to find. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I guess the husband and the doctor fucked?

But they were both surprised, and the fucking was unexpected?

Hmmmm . . ., I can see where the cancer was a surprise and unexpected. But kissing, fondling, foreplay, removing your clothes, getting into position, licking a clitoris, sucking a cock, getting into position to insert said cock into the vagina just below the clitoris, making successive strokes, for some minutes, to achieve orgasm, and when the coitus was completed, then, finally, they realized they were fucking?

Nah, I don't buy it. The husband and the doc got hot for each other, let their lust overtake their virtue and their common sense, and then fucked like newly weds, or animals. Whichever.

The wife wants to forgive and forget, fine. Her choice. Maybe it will never happen again. Maybe the cancer will never return. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

If they don't sue the police and prosecute the shooter for attempted murder then they deserve whatever else their stupidity brings into their lives.

Thanks for the effort.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
Makes a Change

A strong, courageous woman and a weak, selfish, pretty man. This is a neat reversal of the usual roles so who can begrudge you your say. I can't help feeling she will need to take solace quite often for the duration of this marriage.

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
wow Well done BR 6 stars seriously

You knocked this outta the park and then some. Yes there was cheating and forgiveness but it was built on a good story with fleshed out characters and a Reason for screwing up and them staying together did make some sense. it wasnt forced or inexplicable. And there were no whores or wimps or willing cheats etc. This is one of the best on here BR nice job!

266xxyz266xxyzover 5 years ago
Great story

Don't know if it belongs in this category but who cares. I think you are a little judgemental regarding Lucas's strength of character, or Sinclair is. I have been very involved in three long term care of cancer victims ultimately losing the battle each time. I couldn't tell you which one was worse. Life or death stress does terrible things to a person. 5Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Your're a different writer, and I know that...

Very good story, and you stuck to plot, didn't get confused. Very well written, for what it was.

You went too fast writing this out, didn't flesh it out as well as Oshaw did, with 'Grief'.

That was what was missing, getting into the characters emotions and living the story out through both adult characters eyes, the way Oshaw did. That story Oshaw wrote, had me crying many times,for that couple and so precious little girl.

I felt no such emotions in your story here. That was what was missing.

I suppose though, unless you've lived through that god-awful kind of pain and misery, for a child of your own, that gravely ill...it would be hard to get that emotional, get in the parents heads and live and write that out through them both, and the little gravely ill girl, the way Oshaw, wrote his story.

But then, as I said at outset, you are a different writer and did well with what you wrote...

Just went way too fast writing this out...About as emotional as a newspaper obit, written by family member, that didn't really like the deceased, much...Written too short, simple and never got much below surface level, in writing brevity...

Where others might bitch you out, for sending another story down to Mexico, to dodge the bulls here...(bulls, as in cops), I thank you for heading this desperate couple south of the border, for medical help and cures, not legal here in US.

One of those clinics, helped my mother with cancer eating her alive, up here in US. Nothing Docs here did, or could give her life, could pull her back from the edge. She was damned near dead, when we first got her to the clinic, in Mexico.

But the medicines they gave her there, gave her at least 30 more years of good life lived! They cured her cancers down there! What finally took her out up here, 30+ years later, was COPLD, not related to any cancers, she was cured of, decades before!

As for the family in your story, having to first flee to Mexico to dodge CPS, or CSD; they are ruthless, crooked to the core, and worthless fucking family-trashing commie bastards and bitches!

I don't know, but I liked the way this couple and small family, won-out over almost insurmountable odds, several different ways! The kid beating killer cancer first, and the couple beating a divorce over Dad betraying Mom!

I wound-up not liking him much! Limp dick, De-balled, weak kneed, no worthy male morals or character, such a spineless PUSSY! Can't be there for his wife, yet can be for the interloper female Doc, he didn't really know? IMO, that guy was as useless and worthless, as stinking dog shit, so caked into your boot sole lugs, you can't get that stench all out!

But then, they were under such horrendous pressure for such a long time, their small young son hanging to life by a thin thread...I know what that kind of stress can do a couple! Been there and done that many times, with children of my own. Wouldn't trade places with them, for anything!

So, I still think, this is a very well written and good story, as is...It wasn't up to the par, Oshaw's story was...But, I still gave your writing efforts here, 4 stars!

Don't know if anything I wrote here, will help you much...just...my observations...

Regardless, thank you author, for the good story! It is well written, as is!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ah ......

I was looking forward to a threesome with the good doctor. Part 2?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
It's great to have these stories available again.

These stories are gifts from Randi to all of us readers. They are her creations and she shares them with us. I am grateful she does. Thanks so much.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@imanonone Re: "Glioblastoma"

In case you weren't aware, comments are now "moderated," so it can take HOURS for a comment to appear.

As for the disease, I don't think Randi was attempting to show a realistic treatment option for glioblastoma.

Richie4110Richie4110over 5 years ago
Wonderful, emotional, successful

Loved reading this tale of love, loss, and resolve.

Thanks for sharing your talent with me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pure genius

Smooth as silk handling of extremely delicate subject matter. This was a first class story by a writer at the peak. So glad to see you posting your stories again. This was a fitting tribute to one of the best Oshaw stories. You have always reminded me of the way he writes. It doesn't surprise me that you're friends. Five star story all the way. Flawless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
wow

just wow

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hard to believe, and dangerous

Such a treatment ?. South the border?

A-hole shooting unarmed persons.

I hope no one try this at home, it may be dangerous

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
Great story

Awesome story very well written and held my interest all the way to the end.

As far as a comment made earlier about some A-Hole shooting unarmed people, that is happening a lot more lately. We are living in a very troubled time with dangerous leadership acting very poorly.

Great story as usual! Thank You

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 5 years ago
That Evil Child Services

A different theme, refreshing. Child Services does make some people unhappy with their decisions, makes them an easy target. These people are over-worked, under-paid and grossly misunderstood. And they do far and away more good than bad. I am not an expert here, but I do not think a doctor of a dying patient would sick the law on a family that chose one form of dying over another. Oh, and another thing, we whose name is Jonathan do not much like our name being misspelled. It's a life-long battle for us.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 5 years ago
Fabulous

Oshaw's story was great. Yours is too. Please keep writing.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Anothet

Another great one from BR1958. Grief is one of my personal favorites, and I will add this one to the list. At the risk of making SJ angry, I proudly admit to being one of your adoring sycophants. Thanks.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 5 years ago
This was great.

Your writing has always been top notch but this was in a different class. 5*s all day long. Great story!

chidoc63chidoc63over 5 years ago
Repeat?

Read this back in 2016. Doesn't seem to be updated, but I might have missed changed text. Are you re-releasing old stories? (not that it's a bad thing...)

By the way, I love your writing!

IaOldTimerIaOldTimerover 5 years ago
Another 5 stars

Don't like giving 5 stars... but Randi ALWAYS seems to get a 5*

kimi1990kimi1990over 5 years ago
@SparksWillFly

Your experience is your own, so far as Family Services is concerned, and I'm sorry if you have some personal stake in this, but that is not my experience. My firm has a family law department, some of them serve as children's advocates, and my experience with FS is that they are a mendacious, malicious, in many cases, lazy and uncaring lot, more concerned with covering their asses than in children. They regularly refuse to act when they should and act when they shouldn't, and they always abuse their power. Anyone who thinks differently about them and their involvement with law enforcement need only watch the Elian Gonzalez footage.

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago
Great stuff, Randi.

Please keep posting stories like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I usually dont vote unless it is a 5.

And sometimes not even then.

But this story i found a little different.

All the action happened in the last page.?

It felt like 2pages of setup and one page of story.

I kept waiting for the affair to happen while waiting for the illness to happen. Who knew?

Anyway, as much as i enjoy randi's stories in general, this one a little less than the others.

But please dont stop writing on my account.

PS: which hurts more, no vote or a 4 vote?

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 5 years ago
Another tear-jerker

Damn Randi, you seem to always present your stories during a time that someone is cutting onions.

You are a fantastic writer and I love most of what you have written (only one tale so far fell short of the mark - but that was personal prejudices showing).

5/5

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 5 years ago
Outstanding

I don’t know how you keep inventing storylines that are unique, complex, and realistic. It’s an amazing talent. Once again, character development is incredibly strong. There are no standout idiots; all primary characters are intelligent, well adjusted people up against nightmarish situations; and the female lead is a strong, highly intelligent yet sensitive woman.

The storyline definitely isn’t predictable. He failed under extreme duress, but they managed to overcome it largely due to her strength, understanding, and self-awareness when most would get emotional and/or irrational. The DCS follow up was predictable, but not having someone shot!

More excellent work by a very talented writer. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wow

Reading the comments has been enlightening. I guarantee if you’re child is dying you will do anything humanly possible to save them. ‘‘This is a story about parents trying their damndest to save their son. Randi got the storyline just right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Feels like part 1 of 3

I liked it exactly for what it is but there are too many unresolved story lines.

I love your work.

polarbear0101polarbear0101almost 5 years ago
thank you;

first time in years I've cried like a baby. touched a nerve you did; but it was worth the cry. thank you with all my heart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well Done

Another gem from this author. The stories are enhanced by the good, articulate English, grammar and construction. It is amazing how the story line and character development is so unique to each story. A real pleasure to read this author's works. Coming to the story itself, it is heart breaking to see innocent children struck down by cancer. I have seen it first hand. I am surprised the Clinic in Mexico gave Jonathon shot after shot during treatment. The usual practice is to fit an intravenous needle(a "butterfly") which is subsequently used for introduction of all further drugs needed for treatment. I've experienced it. I have cancer. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for this story and a worthy companion to Grief. Both stories touched my heart and emotions. Your stories never disappoint. Another worthy, is short...A Blossom Fell.... By Dag123 on SOL. Not a LW type story, but, worth a read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
When I Saw The Type

Of cancer Jonathon had I almost didn't read the story, I suspect the only reason I did was the author. The tumor was too close to my daughter's, miracles do happen. Sometimes it takes the shape of a surgeon in New York, a company and an insurance company who cared. I would have expected the doctor's in Mexico to have inserted a port so as not to keep poking him, it would have taken too many, the veins wouldn't have held up even with IV's. This story didn't end up invoking near the pain as Oshaw's did for me as the outcome of Randi's was much more upbeat even with the Texas style law enforcement at the end. Very good job Randi, I just reread Oshaw's before reading your companion piece and my comments on his 9 months ago still hold up today. Thank you for not taking me back down that rabbit hole his story did. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good Story

Good One

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not over by a long shot. One can say forgive but the memories are still there. He shot her and all that happened was he was fired and black balled. Good story though.t

...

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
In these difficult times...

...this story resonates. It's a powerful and original story. Thank you for that. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It's a lovely story but I don't view what happened as an issue of character. On the doctor's part yes but not the husband. I would feel the exact same way if the genders were reversed. The doctor had a responsibility to the family. Lucas had a responsibility as well but trauma can cause aberrant behavior. Make no mistake, he was traumatized. Sinclair was as well. They retreated from each other emotionally and their intimacy was eroded. Melissa became his emotional support and instead of being responsible, she perpetuated a very inappropriate relationship with Lucas. In a lot of ways this is no different than taking advantage of someone who is impaired by drugs or alcohol. In this case Lucas was impaired by grief, fear. His main support system was broken. Sinclair retreated emotionally and physically and Lucas latched onto someone who was present. It was a terrible situation for everyone.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

I hate these stories that choke me.up and.make my eyes water. Just kidding, this is of of the best ever in LW. It's up there with Grief in my opinion too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Those onion always cause tears

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You've done it again! This story is a companion to Grief, and the outcome soothes the soul. Randi, you and your team are in a class by yourselves! Beautiful work...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Just said all the Words I wanted to say! Thank you once more Randi - 5 stars!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Yep

Childless strangers always know what is best for YOUR child. Of course they know, they read it in a book by another childless stranger. Man, the legal system is fucked up when it comes to this kind of thing. A doctor with a massive ego and a need to play God can simply have your precious baby taken away from you, just so he can feed his God-complex.

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

very nice story.

and very sad too. it is difficult to remain calm when it affects children.

Our weaknesses, our fears, our doubts literally explode.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Very good story! Such an enjoyable read. Thank-you

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Two days reading these storys a second time and they just get better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hi Randi. BJ again.

Thank you for this inspiring story. Reading it over and over is becoming a real passion for me.

BJ

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

💯💕💓💗💥💫

😊

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

I have not been in a relationship in a long time, my heart had been crushed beyond recognition...reallly. So I gave up on love(Clinton was president, NO bullshit), no dating and no sex either.... No I am not ugly.

I would fall down at this woman's feet and beg for her hand in marriage... you know someone with her character, loving heart and fearlessness...

WHERE ARE ALL THE SINGLE, LOVING AND KIND HEARTED WOMEN??? are there any left in this sin infested world?

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Great, great story. Love it. AAAAAA+++++

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Really well done, emotional story. Second time through for me and I still find it an amazing read.

My only issue is with the readers on LW, if the shoes had been the other way around the venom you would get for making the husband a cuck would make you claw your eyes out. Husbands cheating around here is ok but not a wife. Try it, you'll see Im right. Even if the story is as good as this, we have two sets of outrage rules.

kamdev99008kamdev99008about 2 years ago

Something.... I can consider his fling as mistake, because it was not a continuous affair or repeated betryal

But i am scare by the child care policy of us govt. The government of so called most developed country...

In India, every citizen has right to make decisions related to health, education and other important necessity for self and family.

But... Sometimes.. Here too......

some bastards from so called human right organisations, mostly American like Amnesty International and Ford Foundation creating havoc in the society with the support of Prostitute Media and MNCs funded Pimp Politicians.

But overall we are glad to find ourselves in world's largest democratic republic with an unmatched personal liberty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A traffic story for a chapter in a novel. This is a sex site. I need more smashing. You’re a wonderful writer just need more smashing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Compared to 'grief ', it is still an amazing parallel testament to unconditional love. Ms. Randi what a writer! Greater love hath one who would give their life for some on else...

( how many loved ones would switch places with one who was suffering? ...like a child)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent quality and the reason some of us come to her stories.

Someone commented "this is a sex site" and was disappointed that the story 'WAS LACKING'.

I don't come for titillation.

The answer : Perhaps the author could have placed the story in Romance or the reader stick to Erotic couplings etc.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice99almost 2 years ago

Thank you a great story worthy comparable to oshaw's writings

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

We are sooooo misty and renewing our love because of your words.

So touching and the depth of mom and dad protecting their child at any cost is beyond measure!

Never do we want to experience that painful and potential loss of a child.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

@kamdev99008

You need to check the garbage in your own country before you start bemoaning the US. How many women are raped, mutilated, and killed in India simply for being a woman? Women are beaten and maimed every day because some man decides he wants her, regardless of if she is married or doesn't want him. They are gang-raped in public with the assailants not even being prosecuted. Give me the US any day over that trash.

.

Keep the comments to the stories being written and your shitty, ignorant political ravings to yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You have been a great writer from the time you posted your first story. I don't always agree with what your characters do or what you write, but there is no denying that you are among the best to ever post here. I also appreciate everything you to, from editing to hosting your specials. I see why other writers hold you in such high regard. I read this story several years ago and thought it was a great story. I recently read your "Turn the Page" story, and I was thinking about this story. In spite of how good you were when you write this, you are light years better now. It seems to me that you must be fairly young, because I don't expect to see much change in older writers. You have changed, very much, and it surprised me. This is still a top ten story in the category, that only you have exceeded. Thanks for everything. The Reviewer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A 5, despite the ending was weak. Good, but left one wanting. I understand India and some places are hard on women in the extreme. This was US & MX. The US may well be better in many ways, but it's farrr from any perfection. Other countries sometime have a few good points.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Needs a better ending

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

A great story, but the ending was under done.

It lacked the enthusiasm and dynamism of the rest of the story.

One day rewrite the ending there was still a lot to tell

Scores 5/5, still a fantastic tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hi Randi

A few days ago, a 44 year old woman was saying on Yahoo that she was dying of brain cancer (3 months to live) and she had two little ones. I remembered reading two of your stories about this German Dr that has a cure for brain cancer. I left a comment about this on Yahoo and gave her your first name for her to contact you so she could get the name of the Dr so she could get the treatment. Did she contact you? Since I have found the name of the Dr again in this story, I have saved it for future reference. Thx for the info.

Strong 5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great writer, but the author really doesn’t like cops. It’s a common thread through most stories. Sadly, cops usually only see people at their worst and in stressful situations. However, if there were no cops, I have no doubts that most major cities would become unlivable- as we are seeing unfold today.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How does this story end with a mother lying in a hospital with a bullet hole in her chest for her and her whole family doing all they could for their dying son... Child services REALLY!!!

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4uabout 1 year ago

Great story. However, I agree that the ending was weak. I was a reserved deputy sheriff, for 10-years. Unfortunately, I have encountered some local police officers are immature and too eager to pull their weapon.

secretsalsecretsal10 months ago

It's sad how much shit is dumped on Sin, and she has to be a superwoman about it. Agreed that if the gender roles were reversed, the character would be receiving much less flattering comments. But great story, all that included.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 months ago

Great story! Thought provoking as to the over-reach of gov't "services". We have allowed this to happen as we take less and less responsibility for our own lives and those who depend on us. Could use an epilogue... 2nd kid, 3rd kid, happily ever after, etc.

IndyOnIndyOn9 months ago

That was probably one of the best stories I have read here in Lit....*5+*It does deserve a part 2 giving us the aftermath and her recovery.....

Thank you

6King6King8 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories