All Comments on 'Soldier Doll Ch. 01'

by beachbum1958

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Awesome

Love your stories . Always checking for the next one . Cant wait for the next chapter .Hope Dylan and Lou make it and have many babys. Thanks again for a great story .

ChasBChasBover 11 years ago
Sad...

So sad! Because this is how it should be if people choose such a life together, whether related or not, but society says it's "wrong" and "forbidden", and makes "laws" that punish instead of celebrate such wonderful love. If this were a real story and a real couple, I could only wish then every happiness and every delight possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
beautiful story

Dylan and Louise are so good together. I can imagine Lou raking her hands through the hair growing across his upper chest, her licking through the hair around his man nipples, then down the treasure trail to his pubes. Dylan is a muscular, manly man, and eager to make love to Lou -- give him the hairy chest to drive her wild! They are in love and great at making love. This love can only grow in the years they will have together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Re 'Silly errors'

So what? This is a good story about two young people, not a treatise on military organisation; if that's what you want to read, I suggest you find a site that deals with the subject in depth, get out your military text books and notebook to make a list of possible errors, and read that instead, or else take the trouble to write a story people want to read, not your anal-obsessive observations. People take the time to write theses stories, actually reading them instead of picking them apart might be good for you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I like your style!

Except for some paragraphs being too long, and your non-use of 'articles,' This is a pretty good story!

SCHUPPINZIGH

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Perfect just perfect

How can I add anything to it but just let you know you are one of my favorite writers.Thanks for a beautiful and tender story!

unicorn64unicorn64over 10 years ago

I loved the story. Will go on to Ch 2

mcbtwsmcbtwsalmost 10 years ago
Good story except for the bullshit.

As a retired British soldier I can tell you that your scenario of a Captain's children being left in the predicament you describe is utter pish. Even back in the 70's when I retired I had a hell of an insurance policy both private & the military death benefit in force and my family (or children) would have been relatively comfortable financially in the event of my death.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
@mcbtws

Of course it's bullshit, these are fantasies, not real-life experiences, so why don't you get off your high-horse, read and enjoy the fantasy for what it is, and then either write something better, or just shut the fuck up. If you feel that badly about it, fuck off and quit reading.

PS I know of several families who were left in just this predicament, so your experience just looks like you got lucky, not the norm.

Lord_RhoopLord_Rhoopalmost 10 years ago
The "bullshit" comment

I read this comment with interest, and a grin despite the out-of-date smug jingoism. My father was seriously injured in Iraq, losing his leg in a mortar attack, and, after a long and hard fight, and despite all the help from the specialists at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital at Woolwich Arsenal, lost his life to septicaemia. My mother has so far received no compensation from the Ministry of Defence other than a refund of my father's military pension contributions (less those contributions he would have made if he'd been paying into the State Employment Retirement Pension Scheme) and so far any attempts by my mother to claim compensation for the loss of her husband, and any death in service benefits etc have been stonewalled "pending review". I agree entirely with the anonymous commenter, and would point out to mcbtws that his memories and perception of how the MoD deals with injured and killed soldiers' families are 40+ years out of date; he comes from a different time and reality; the present reality is that following the Government Spending Review of 2010, many, many cases like my father's (who was also a captain, by the way, just like in the story) have been left in limbo while this government persists in handing over billions to countries like Pakistan, where most of the government and army top brass are actively involved with supporting the Taliban. My mother is a nurse, and she had to work bloody hard to support all four of us, thanks to the paltry sum of £2,445, which was all she's received in nearly 10 years from our wonderful government. Luckily I now have a great job, thanks to my mum somehow finding the money to help me through university, and I can give her anything she wants or needs, but the service that took my dad has so far done nothing to help her, and, in light of the current economic climate, is unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future.

TigersmanTigersmanover 9 years ago
Can see a similarity

I enjoyed this story. It was well written with good character development. On a personal note, I am a Vietnam veteran. As such although I served in the Navy aboard a hospital ship, I was called a war-monger and baby killer. I watched veteran's benefits get cutback by those in our Congress, both civilians and WWII veterans. Here in the US our veterans are having trouble getting the treatment needed at our veteran's hospitals. Our Vietnam veterans were denied treatment for exposure to Agent Orange, a defoliant agent that ate our veterans down to their bones. Luckily our populus has risen up in support for the veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan. They are getting the help they need. Unfortunately they will most likely experience post traumatic stress disorder even if they don't recognize the symptoms.

I have no idea how the Queen's armed forces are treated but it would not surprise me if they were receiving the same treatment as US veterans.

Pesario816Pesario816over 9 years ago
Great story

I have read this series twice now. It's a wonderful, heartwarming story. The character development was superb. The recurring theme of home was handled brilliantly. This is great work. Keep it coming.

steven857steven857about 9 years ago
liked story but flaws in story line

The father being a captain if in the US Army the children would have received a lump sum of about 100k plus 2000 per month at a minimum. Not sure how much if in the British army but the idea of receiving nothing would not hold from most armed forces in developed nations.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
@steven857

However it stands with the US Army, (which actually has no bearing or relevance on this story, this isn't about American soldiers), when it comes to the British Armed Forces, current death in service benefits are (unofficially) restricted to ranks above Major; as Lord_Rhoop pointed out, benefits paid to the surviving dependents of armed forces personnel are in direct proportion to rank and the length of time served, and are still in abeyance pending the reorganisation of the British Armed Forces; the story he tells about the fight his mother went through, and is still going through, is a common one, heard a thousand times here.

Because of this unwillingness on behalf of the UK Government to spend money on recruiting, supporting, or maintaining our armed forces, the available armed forces have never been smaller, or so poorly equipped, or supported post-service, and dependents are having to sue the Ministry of Defence to force the government to support families of fallen servicemen. If they did, groups like 'Help For Heroes' wouldn't be standing on street corners with collection boxes every day of the week. Britain currently relies on it's part-time soldiers (The Territorial Army) to bulk out its defence capability, because the regiments are so far below strength).

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Great story 5/5 all the way

DevilbobyDevilbobyabout 3 years ago

I've been reading hour stuff for years and enjoyed it. So, how come, I can't believe that I haven't read this before.

I look forward to discovering the rest of it. As always 5 stars.

rcooleyrcooleyover 1 year ago

Wonderful story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbeachbum1958@beachbum1958
A small town mid-way between Cannes and St. Tropez, on what used to be called the French Riviera. I have the Mediterranean to look at from the front of our house, a lagoon filled with flamingos at the rear, and our own stretch of beach where we keep our peace and the tourists...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories