All Comments on 'Some Time to Kill'

by Bebop3

Sort by:
  • 67 Comments
texquilltexquillover 3 years ago

This is an outstanding tale, well-told and enthralling. The line, "I was like a creature stuck in amber, ever unchanged." amazes me. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Bh76Bh76over 3 years ago

Good story! Some typos and a couple repeated paragraphs, but they didn’t ruin my enjoyment.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 3 years ago
Real

Great story with real people grappling with life and all that it throws at us. It isn’t often here that we find characters with whom one can develop a sense of empathy. Your protagonists are three dimensional flawed and very human. So well done! 5*

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 3 years ago
Great Story

Deep characters and storylines...loved it!

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 3 years ago

Excellent

This is one of the best stories I’ve read in awhile.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 3 years ago

We owe you big time

Your story leaves us with hope and a smile, which we've been missing in our lives and the world about us. Wow is an understatement.

MVarroMVarroover 3 years ago
Outstanding

half a page down, my skepticism owed to an unusually low early score turned into appreciation of your excellent writing. I enjoyed it so much I was sad the story ended. But on second thought, it was at a good point. It leaves us with hope for Lindsey and Tony. And of course room for a sequel.

Thank you

peter944peter944over 3 years ago

I suppose it really didn’t need a complete ending but it would have been nice to have more of this to read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Properly well constructed English

Well written Human beings in 3D.

texcavemantexcavemanover 3 years ago
excellent

an amazing story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A wonderful story, I personally would love to see a continuation. Thanks.

JohnD46JohnD46over 3 years ago
Definitely a 5+

One of the better stories and you often come up with a different twist. it was both fun and thought provoking. I do so enjoy reading your stories. Thanks.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

This one is going to stick in my brain for a long time. I can't help thinking of an old Clark Gable movie, he was a newspaper guy, trying to romance a teacher who taught journalism. This isn't about the movie, but a term he used for a certain kind of story, he called it "A Think Piece".

It's been decades since I've seen that movie. but this, and some of your other stories make me think, I call them, to myself "Think Stories". This is one. Made me think about 'ya know, stuff.

Good one. Damn good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Your Best Story!

A truly wonderful story! I found it totally satisfying. Thank you so much!

Lector77Lector77over 3 years ago
¡Macanudo!

Ok. I'm farther into the geriatric cohort than I usually acknowledge, but now I have proof. Pull up a chair and enjoy my embarrassment.

Down towards the end of the first page, in Reader View so the type is a little larger, and the author's name doesn't appear, I think, "This is so nicely paced, the characters seem so genuine...it reminds me of that Benop3 author I enjoy so much."

Oh. Did I mention that I'm not as young as I was seventy years back?

Thanks for a lovely, bittersweet tale that ends on a hopeful note.

cliqueggecliqueggeover 3 years ago
Great story

Very involved and detailed. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you.

SandyWhoSandyWhoover 3 years ago

Wow. This is story telling. Leading you up and down but always engaged with the characters. Maybe depression was treated a bit too lightly but it was in keeping with the story and characters.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Just

Well, not sure what to say. That was touching and very very good. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This is Art.

Amazing! Powerful! Soulful! This is pro level stuff, I read a lot and this fits right in with books I pay money for.

“You have a gift, my friend.”

R.

chris2300chris2300over 3 years ago

Wonderful

You develop the characters expertly. It felt so real! I’m not sure if it should have a sequel but it could be good. It feels like one of your best works. Thank you so much for this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I love when I can start a day with a new story by a favorite author, thank you Bebop for this tale. This story is one of your best which really says something. Thank you - 5* of course!

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
GOOD ADVICE FOLLOWING MULTIPLE TRAGEDYS

is hard to accept and harder to have it believed even to the wisher. TK U MLJ LV NV

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 3 years ago
Strong take on damaged people

I really liked how rough some of your characters were in their personalities, and how smoothly you demonstrated that in your writing. They are damaged, each in their own way, and each of them trying to get past an event in their lives. This was an uplifting interlude - like being in a train stopped along the line and getting to watch people in their gardens. You see a little and understand a lot. First class!

Thank you, sir. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well developed story 5* Please continue it!

Thank you for your work developing a powerful story with complex characters. You touch on so many issues that affect the human condition. The reader naturally craves more.

Thanks again for your work. You are a gifted writer.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago

Wow!! Powerful story. I really hope you continue this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It’s like you ended ....

Just as the buildup was done... if you are a Big Bang theory fan it’s like you are Amy erasing the tick tac toe game just before the x that would win the game was filled in...

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
Sounds Real

This has the feel of a real life memoir. The characters were so complex that they seemed real to me. Tony became real to me and I could almost feel his emotions and his seeking for a way out of his hole seemed to rub off on everyone. His Mom, Carey, Evy and even Lindsay all seemed to come to life as Tony did. Without pressuring them his metamorphosis seemed to be contagious and he became a catalyst for new life. I was listening to Ravel's Bolero as I read this and as the music rose to a climax so did Tony's life. Well done! 5*

WillDevoWillDevoover 3 years ago

Okay, I gotta admit. I wish you'd answered your character's question, "What was with this woman and cheddar?"

Definitely a "feel-good" story. I was a bit perturbed that the ending was so abrupt, and like the prior commenter's BBT reference. This tale tells me that you either lived a part of this life, or did an incredible amount of research.

Five stars.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Boy! Talk About Ups And Downs

This is one of the best crafted stories about tough life can be when you've got issues I've read in some time here, if at all. And it got 5 stars from overcritical.

5 stars from me as well.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 3 years ago
Amazing!

Really enjoyed the story and how it flowed through to the end. The characters were very believable and touching. Even with the underflow of tragedy, the story was very uplifting and hopeful. Thanks.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraover 3 years ago

Wonderful as always!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Over critical gave you 5*!

That’s pretty rare. Maybe Bolero got his hand shaking and he meant to hit 4*.

This is one of those rare times when I will score the story lower. I recognize the protagonist’s issues and how he had a lot on his emotional plate. However, I’m tired of reading about people who have lots of money and everything they touch comes up golden. And her situation was ignored for nearly the entire story. I’m sorry but things just didn’t gel quite right. And we were left hanging at the end. 4*

kmreaderkmreaderover 3 years ago
Loved It

Another Bebop Story Added to My Favorites

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 3 years ago

It's always a pleasure to read a new story by you, and this was no exception. Well done!

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 3 years ago

Ugh. I have to pass on rating the story. It was great, but too sad for me so I couldn't give it 5. I probably shouldn't have ignored the tragedy tag...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
End

Thanks for the story I felt that it ended a bit abruptly. Still 5 stars just didn’t like the end.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 3 years ago
wow

that was the most intelligent fleshed out characters i ever read here. intelligent MC with a wise self-reflection logical mind. a few tenses mix ups u know a little error here and there. damn man those were some professional book quality characters there. ty for the read

antietampwantietampwover 3 years ago

Another incredibly well written story from a great author. Please pardon the cheesy story reference, but you hit a home run with this one, Bebop!

GinloverGinloverover 3 years ago

Such a great story, paced perfectly. Thank you for sharing it,

DRAFTEKDRAFTEKover 3 years ago
Keep going

Good start, build on characters. Can't wait to read more

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 3 years ago
Seems very personal

I am probably wrong, but this seems to come from a very personal space for this author. The story was told with great feeling and emotion. I enjoyed immensely.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 3 years ago

Your research is impeccable. Excellently done story.

TechumsahTechumsahover 3 years ago
Hit it out of the park.

5 stars. I always want your stories to continue. This one was fantastic.

dthakerdthakerover 3 years ago

From the heart friend. This one touched deep down...kind of mine own.

5stars as always.

Thanks for sharing,

ArcTalyxArcTalyxover 3 years ago

Great story that really touches the heart of how much an unexpected death can impact those who are close to them. Nice plug for the Jed Foundation as well, they do a great service.

Rockh1Rockh1about 3 years ago

5+. Superb! It’s so real. Is there a follow up story? If not would you please do one? This was just the best.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 3 years ago

Wow! Thanks for the amazing, powerful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great, great story. Thank you. Some stories are so bizarre and out of the normal world we live in. Many of them are entertaining because of this.

This story could and has happened to many families.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 3 years ago
Wow. Didn't see the twists coming in this one.

I wonder what really happened with the brother; sounds like incompetence or much worse. Ironic that so many of the stories in LW are BTB - here we see a different side of the coin. Disturbing but excellent story.

tanglosaxtanglosaxalmost 3 years ago

Some stories on Literotica are silly, some are satisfying and a few, a very few, are awesome. This story by Bebop is awesome. I try to write and I know how hard it is, so I thank Bebop for his tremendous effort, his successful effort, and hope for more. Tanglosax

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

This belongs in the 80 percentile of law stories.

IndyOnIndyOnalmost 3 years ago

You are an excellent writer....in my opinion - One of the best....My one suggestion would be to "FINISH THE DAMN STORY" then your fours would become fives>

I can't tell you how many of your stories have left me hanging at the end....then looking for chapter two to wrap thing up....please don't leave it to our imagination.....go back and finish your stories.

inka2222inka2222over 2 years ago

I was going to give this story 5 stars if Tony ended up with ANYONE but the cheater. She did not in any way shape or form deserve another chance at happiness. That soured any enjoyment from otherwise well written work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Feel like it needs more of an ending or a sequel. Just feels like you left some things on the table that should have been said. He needs to share his trauma with Lindsey, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Too conviluted beginning.

Quit reading.

Maybe good But??!!

underdog1underdog1almost 2 years ago

Hands down the best story in Literotica, you touched on issues that has meaning for many readers. I wouldn't expect praise or accolades from readers who can't appreciate the substance of the story. I see some of the comments about the cheating aspect and blah blah blah. This wasn't a story of cheating, it was of mental anguish, and how some live with it, and some don't. Sad to say, but if it doesn't fit in to ones limited intellect, go on to another story that you're able to comprehend. Again, take a bow, it's deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's easy to understand that Tony would feel guilty about his brother's death under the circumstances. I like the story, although I'm not able to relate to Tony's mindset. The way he compartmentalises his life for control, or the illusion of absolute control and safety, is something beyond my grasp. However, as Tony might have put it, that's on me. But that remark brings me to the point that triggers my resistance. In this time and age of declared sexual freedom and equality and of the axiom that everyone is entitled to be the person they want to be, I lost count of the stories by many, many authors in which the heterosexual monogamous male apologizes for his feelings. Tony and his voluptious temporary friend with benefits didn't mention exclusivity. However, the talk they have after she takes on a second lover makes it obvious, she knew him well enough to have guessed Tony wouldn't be into sharing. But that aside. Tony is a one woman guy who wants to be with a girl that is a one man woman, AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT AND therefore there is no REASON TO APOLOGIZE or for making self-deprecating remarks. They have different views and found out about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Mostly good, but unfinished

OilcanjonOilcanjonover 1 year ago

Very well crafted. A little long for my tastes, but then so is Poe and Hemingway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. I like how you delve into emotions and how they effect us

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

When I was 10 my cousin drowned. He was the one person I felt understood me. 65 years later I still feel the grief. Reading this made me wonder about the impact this might have had on my life. I'm not real trusting and don't generally get too close to people. I don't ever want to feel like that again. Food for thought.

LMJ

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good beginning and middle, just wish there was an ending.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

We do really like your stories and their development - up too NO ending!!!!

It is perfectly OK to actually finish off a heart warming story with an ending that carries through the characters and their hopes and desires to the forever ending they deserve.

We, your readers, would more than appreciate your efforts.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 month ago

Thanks for your effort and time writing this. Gave me a lot to think about.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBebop3@Bebop3
I'm about 55,000 words into Secondhand Hearts, a new story in the Hop on the Bus series. If I can figure out a way to post it here without it being stolen and posted on Amazon, I should have it ready in about a week or so. There's someone who has stolen about eight of my stor...

SIMILAR Stories