All Comments on 'Someone to Love Us'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 219 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damn. Had me in the feels from the first paragraph.

I guess this is early Christmas. What a loving story.

AhazuraAhazuraover 5 years ago
Probably my favorite story of yours.

I am so glad to see it back. I also like the shout out to the redheaded prince of Amber ;)

IheartgayficIheartgayficover 5 years ago
I’m sorry, I couldn’t keep going after the first page....

Because I was crying so hard when Molly asked Santa for what she asked for Christmas😭😭😭😭😭.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

I enjoyed it, but I thought Samantha needed fleshing out and could have potentially been a source of conflict for them to overcome. The story is in "loving wives", but the wife only gets about two sentences!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lovely, heartwarming story !

The most amazing and loving story I have ever seen in the 'Loving Wives' section. I genuinely have never read such a heart-warming story. Very well developed characters and an interesting story line. You really would need to have a heart of stone not to take something good away from this read. And seriously blackrandl1958, you need to be writing professionally, you are good enough !

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
This is how you put emotion in your characters and

in your story. A very nice LW romance! Thanks for posting this one. It's a lot of fun to read.

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
Wowee!

It's moments like these you need a large Paul Bunyan size Foot with a Steel toe Cap Boot!.... Next you need a goal kicker who can kick a small car over the Goal Posts!.......Now We combine all the above and kick all dead beat fathers in ass until their purse strings release the money for those poor children you bastards brought into the world......Also I want to Thank Blackrandl 1958 for this beautiful story....★★★★★ WOOF!

dyonysosdyonysosover 5 years ago
A long while ago

This was the first story i've read on LIT and the first of blackrandl1958,i liked it from the start and never stopped reading her stories,even more than once or twice

I'm a huge fan and i hope you keep writing

enjayemenjayemover 5 years ago
Soft and soppy

And I loved it. Made my face leak.

TrishieldTrishieldover 5 years ago
Heart Strings

Pulled.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love it. but

Love it. but you should of saved it for christmas

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
So, why in Loving Wives?

This was a straight up Romance story, and would certainly have been appreciated there. It is a great story, a real tear jerker, a 4.8 scorer there.

In LW? Bleys — and how do you pronounce that? — was already divorced, and there was no adultery listed as the cause. Sahara was single. About the only ‘standard’ LW point was that Bleys’ ex-wife’s own parents loved him and disowned their own daughter, and that’s the least believable LW trope of all.

Again, great story, but I’m interested in knowing why Randi submitted it here.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Never Gets Old

As many times as I have read this, it always gets to me.

Thanks for another great story, Randi.

looking4itlooking4itover 5 years ago

A very powerful and emotional story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 5 years ago
You had me...

... in tears with Molly's remarks to "Santa"... what a wonderful tale and a great early christmas present.

5/5

gldngolfergldngolferover 5 years ago
Very nice

I enjoyed the story the first time I read it and even more this time.

For me, this is one of your best!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

not your typical loving wives story but none the less very good, albeit a little early for Xmas.

Always enjoy your stories Randi

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This was lovely. My only gripe was the name Bleys. I’m not familiar with it and it morphed into Bleh in my mind. Otherwise I loved Sahara and Molly. All of them are lucky to have found each other!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
wow

What a great story!

Thank you so very much.

PaulFellyPaulFellyover 5 years ago
Good to see this one back.

This is a truely excellent story and I'm glad to see it back here again.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks for sharing..

Made my day again ;))

PKenny5860PKenny5860over 5 years ago
A wonderful loving story

You crafted such believable characters and a wonderful plot. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent

Well done and please keep them coming maybe a back story on the ex and how he and the daughter got past the hurt and pain.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years agoAuthor
Well, Stretch, there is a question I don't mind answering.

The name "Bleys," (pronounced as Blaze) comes from two sources. The first is the one Ahaz mentioned, my favorite books by my favorite author, Roger Zelazny. Bleys was one of the nine princes of Amber. I have used the names of every member of Amber's royal family in my stories. The second is Gordon R. Dickson's "Dorsai" series. Bleys Ahrens is the fascinating ultimate villain in that series.

ralph440ralph440over 5 years ago
Great read!

This would have been the perfect Christmas tale, but it was a great read regardless. Love happy endings!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 5 years ago
Whew

Tearjerker for sure. Excellently done. The pimp should have been named Eric.

InsigniaInsigniaover 5 years ago
My god woman

This is qyour best story ever. Made me realize I forgot to take my Zirtec. I could see this as a Chistmas show. Full marks.

deadonedeadoneover 5 years ago
very good

Very nice story, a real tear jerker.

I would sugest showing the passage of time a little better.

My only complant is the superman scenario. He has all the money and power to easily make it happen. She ran away and he could use his company to find her.

How about changing up the hero to the low man on the shop floor with a jerk for a foreman. Then we could see real gut wrenching struggles. How about a guy racked with debt in a deadend job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'm confused a bit

First, let me compliment you. It was a good, well-written story. For my tastes, it It is a little sappy and saccharine, with a one-dimensional, "perfect" protagonist, and a plot that is overall too good to be true.

What confuses is me is:

1) Why is this in Loving Wives? The definition of the loving wives category is: "Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more." This category is not about "love stories". The name "Loving Wives" sounds like the category is about good, wholesome wives who love their husbands and have idyllic marriages, but it isn't. It clearly says the category is about "married extra-marital fun".

a) the main characters are not married

b) nobody is having extra-marital fun

So, without married main characters, cheating, swinging or sharing, this story does not belong in this category and should be relegated to the Romance category which is defined as: "Drama, love, risk, and happily-ever-afters." This story is the epitome of that definition.

2) Where are are the haters out there who BASH stories in Loving Wives for being the "wrong category" if the story happens to have the tiniest bits of things from other categories? (e.g. one of the lovers of a white wife happens to be black, the story is bashed for not being in the IR category; if it contains a man looking at a guy's cock, it is bashed for not being in the gay category)

3) This story seems eerily familiar. I noticed that one comment even referenced the story being "back" again. Is it a retelling of another story? A spin on an existing story? Or did you just repost an older story? The story I'm thinking of seems really similar, but not exactly the same characters and locale.

4) Seems like something that would do well in a "Christmas" writing contest, which is confusing as it is only Halloween.

So, overall 4* for the story. After adjusting for the "confusing" aspects, 1*.

Jack99Jack99over 5 years ago
Enjoyed

You're stories are always good, and I gave this 5 stars.

I think the ending could have been improved if you had ended it with their wedding, giving it a more permanent feel. That's how it felt the story was moving, at least to me.

Still, don't take that as a criticism - I'm still saying it's really good. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
grate story

thanks for sharing best story I have read in a long time.

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago
Sweet story

Very emotional and satisfying read. I wish I could write stories as moving as this one.

musicman1261musicman1261over 5 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for such a beautiful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow!

Lovely story for sure. All your stories are. I'd love to see how closely you meet the description of all your heroines. Pretty close, I'll bet!

For those who wonder about Bleys, think of it as an alternate spelling of Blaise.

R.

KingBandorKingBandorover 5 years ago
Great Read, but

Should have been in Romance or Erotic Couplings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
re: I'm confused a bit

Look at it this way anon, if stories like this didn't exist in loving wives, there wouldn't be any worth reading in this category. LOL Like always, this author doesn't disappoint no matter the category. Five stars from this reader.

mankiamankiaover 5 years ago
Repeat

I read this story someplace before. I loved it then and I loved it now. I like everything you write. I also enjoy your invitationals. Could you do one of military stories for Remembrance Day? Just a thought

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "I'm confused a bit"

Let me try to unconfuse you!

As for the category descriptions, it has been long established that the mods have a very broad discretion with postings. If THEY have a problem, they will move it. Feel free to report it! That's what I did with a "pee" story, and it was moved to Fetish.

Actually, there is very little opposition to multi-racial stories here, per se. The objection USUALLY arises when the cheating is described as somehow "worse" because the lover is black, lines like "It's bad enough she cheated, but with a BLACK guy!"

As for the gay issue, besides being what I'm sure you consider an unfair category conflict, the "looking at another guy's cock" situations almost always arise in the cuck stories, which except for what I believe is a very small minority, are detested here.

Yes, this is a repost. A while back, Randi needed to pull her stories from this site, That need no longer exists, so she has been reposting them.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
A perfect story, ideal for the Loving Wives section of Literotica

I'd like to know his ex-wives back story, though.

That'd be a hell of a tale!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
My thought

I don’t know if this is the right place and don’t care. I enjoyed the story tremendously and hope to find more like it.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 5 years ago
Reminds me of

A Little Bit of Death by Slirpuff. Even though the stories really are nothing alike.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
deadone

"My only complant is the superman scenario. He has all the money and power to easily make it happen. She ran away and he could use his company to find her.

How about changing up the hero to the low man on the shop floor with a jerk for a foreman. Then we could see real gut wrenching struggles. How about a guy racked with debt in a deadend job."

I’m not being snarky here. You should totally write that story. If it’s executed reasonably well it sounds like it would be a winner.

I enjoy seeing different takes on the same premise. Randi is probably the best I’ve seen at writing in her style. That doesn’t mean that a different riff wouldn’t also be successful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I like it but...

How about reversing the roles? Single dad gets help from rich lady.

ArediaArediaover 5 years ago

Great story! Thank-you! :)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@mankia

It's probably too late for a Remembrance Day event. I would suggest binge reading Todd172's stories!

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 5 years ago

Brilliant as usual. Thank you.

jneric2691jneric2691over 5 years ago
I Loved this story!

Since I became ill, my emotion run all over the place. In this story you had me nearly balling on every page! I was so glad when this didn't turn out like other Loving Wives stories that end up ripping my heart out. ***** 5 all the way!

Loved this story!

jneric2691

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
SINGLE PEOPLE ARE THE LONELIEST OF ALL

sometimes it makes them bitter and anti-social. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
SINGLE PEOPLE AFTER BEING BURNED AND LONELY

try and adjust their lifestyle to accommodate others, TK U MLJ LV NV

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Great story. Nice to see a rich guy who isn't a douche, nice to see an O-Line weightlifter protag, and always nice to see bi-racial couples that are portrayed as good people!

I pictured myself as him, dancing with her to, "Strangers on the Shore", "Moonlight Serenade", and "Begin the Begine". Teaching the kiddo to Sail,and Hike, and sing off- key with enthusiasm while so engaged. And while it would have Pygmalion overtones, helping my beloved get her education and grow into a self-actualized person.

Thanks for re-sharing!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Yeah

that's all a good man wants is the chance to feel like a good woman's hero. That can be done at almost any economic level if a woman wants to make a man feel that way.

Impo_64Impo_64over 5 years ago
When a story excels itself...

When a story excels itself what a reader must say? Just: "Thank you"! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Beautiful!

I'll add my voice to the request for the reversed role story, please, Randi. I think you could do a spectacular job of it.

SlirpuffSlirpuffover 5 years ago
Very Good

Loved the story... I'm a sucker for a happy ending...enough said...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bob

It was a brilliant story, full of love, courage and reality. It you have never been to a shelter, you should go sometime. And if you cannot relate to rich people helping others like this, you are very narrow.

Storm113Storm113over 5 years ago
Great story! 5*

But, how is this not romance? To be honest, who cares, it is very, very, very good!

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 5 years ago
Good feel to the story.

It's great to see people try to make a strangers life a little better Christmas or not. I Isee she got pregnant young and mom felt throwing them out was going to help how ?? I have liked may of your stories. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damn

This one makes my eyes water every time I read it. That’s something for a crotchety old man who’s “hard as steel”. Randi you have a great gift that I feel guilty being able to read for free. Although I do by your books on Amazon and enjoy them.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another reading

And just as good the second time around. You hit the perfect emotional key here.

On a separate note I think that Bebop3 makes an interesting point. I made a similar comment on another story a few days ago. IMHO, a rich character will find a lot of obstacles easier to overcome than others. Robbed of any struggles relating to money such characters lose out on those challenges we can all relate to and the potential for character growth from them.

A great story though, thanks reuploading.

5*

Dc5655Dc5655over 5 years ago
👍🏿

Loved it!!! I hope to read more chapters this wonderful collection of characters

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5-Stars OLD_CROW

I read this with a sense of déjà vu. As you know, you can add whole segments (i.e. Macon) to a story and I miss it. Whether the first time, or the second read through, it was a great story. Thanks Randi

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
I suppose I could nitpick about the lack of sex

But that would be like the Piper calling the Randi black. Something like that. Loved it.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
4,5

Great story ... well almost.

Enjoyed it immensely however I felt like it just kind of stopped short of a real end. It left me looking for that next page that tied the loose ends up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent

Blackrandl1958,

I do enjoy your stories. They really well written, and have interesting and touching themes.

Thank you

arrowglassarrowglassover 5 years ago
This one pulls at your heartstrings!

Loved it!!!

Richie4110Richie4110over 5 years ago
Wonderful Feel Good Story

Could be a modern day adult Cinderella story. You made the emotions generated from life experience the centerpiece and the sexual fulfillment the support role that I know had to come. This would be a 5* effort in either L W or Romance.

Thanks for a lovely experience.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 5 years ago
A real classic for this genre

I love it when a story moves your heart . All the emotions that we get to experience vicariously through these characters in our minds eye as we live with them for a short while .

There's magic in these lines .

It can transport this old broken down man into a different time & place ! It can make me ponder long after the story is over .

Yes , magic indeed .

5 *'s on a wonderful journey .

Thanks Randi ! You never fail to deliver.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love your work

Enjoyed it a lot but thought it should be in romance area

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well on the way to a 5+

So why did you stop before Utopia? Did you have somewhere to go?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Grimmer is right

Great Story but you got tired of writing it, I guess. Some supposition by the reader is ok but you cannot leave questions without a follow up story. Sorry

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Delightful Romance

Obviously in Loving Wife to get the largest and most critical audience possible, and

to make us all feel very, very happy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Roles reversed

Can you write a story with same title but roles reversed I.e. a father with a kid and unloving spouse / mother finding a loving woman. Above story was beautiful.

Thanks.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Always raising the bar....

She hits another one out of the park. So well written. Always a pleasure seeing her post a new story. *****

BTW - If you're new to the site and just passing by, click the author's name for more of her stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
EXCELLENT STORY!!!

'Nuff said!

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
Nicely Done

Yes, you are a romantic. You write delightful love stories with depth, feeling and a great story line. Another 5 of course. Thank you for sharing.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 5 years ago
An old but certainly not trite theme...

... thought the ending was a little abrupt but it is hard to find much fault with a story that brings a tear to one's eye. Also very brave to put this in the LW category instead of Romance where the scores are about 20% higher.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Re: WOW!

Thank you for such a wonderful feel good story. You are truly a gifted author.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 5 years ago
Someone has to be a naysayer -- sort of

The only complaint would be that everything was too perfect ... rich guy able to make things happen, etc. ... not in any way realistic. But this is fiction, and you are an incurable, upbeat romantic ... so I've got to let you be you. You are also an incredibly good storyteller and a wonderful writer.

5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Best story I’ve ever read!

What an amazing story from beginning to end! I laughed, I cried, I rushed into the next room to hug my family and express my love to them! This story really touched my heart in such a profound way I don’t think I will ever be the same again. That poor little homeless girl sitting on Santa’s lap just wanted to be loved! And she found the perfect daddy and perfect husband for mommy! How touching is that?!

My god, what a talented writer you are! You should be writing professionally! How unbelievably generous of you to share your enormous talent with us! Now to read this story again and again and again! Thank you! And thanks to your incredible team! I can’t imagine how much thought, time, and effort must have gone into this amazing project!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So...... lovely story

definitely a winner. But why LW. It's clearly a romantic story and doesn't belong. I knocked off 1* accordingly. 4*

Seriously what's the point to categories if you can just stick anything anywhere.

FirstwithUFirstwithUover 5 years ago
@@blackrandi. Thank for reposting

I don't know what goes on behind the curtain on this sight. Seems there have been some very serious problems that have hopefully been corrected.

As you are a major influence here, you probably know more than 99% of the readership. I'm sure all authors here have better understanding of the politics and policies then the majority of us.

Other then the moderator's and sight owners and maybe a very few select others, I was unaware of you having to pull most of your stories, let alone the reason behind that action.

I'm very happy you are now reposting them.

As I've indicated before. I'm a big fan of yours.

5*💐🌷🌲😍😎

And thank you again

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just a fantastic story

If I could have I would have given it a 10 this was by far one of the best love stories I have ever read. I cried and laughed at the same time... Just fantastic.....

OnethirdOnethirdover 5 years ago
Charity

Except for the unusual hiccup at the end, this was a real feel good story. It is too bad everyone who is abandoned and in need doesn’t have a white knight to rescue them. I don’t like to think about the masses of people no don’t get to live a fairy tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story

Two minor quibbles: Firstly, on Christmas Day, not one person wishes anyone a ‘Merry Christmas’. Are we that PC now? Secondly, the post-wedding runaway struck a wrong note. Even if she felt that way, she left when her friend needed her. It just read a little rough.

Those nitpicks aside, I really enjoyed this story. You are one of my favorite authors. 5 stars as usual. Thanks for writing. JPR.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You have to quit...

making me cry. My wife of more than 55 years died 4 months ago and it takes very to get to me. I do relate to loneliness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It's easy to see how you got the reputation you have.

Your ability to draw characters is what puts you in a class of your own. These are fully developed and described characters. They seem like people. That is unique and shows your talent.

The arrows of jealousy come from the little people, but the reputation you have among other authors is what counts. I, for one, can't imagine a stronger or better written story. Your editing group is to be congratulated. I don't believe I ever saw a story with fewer mistakes.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Thank you

I held off for a couple.of days before reading this , kind of like saving a special treat for when you really need it. I'm strong, I made it all the way to Molly talking to Santa before I got all misty. I was expecting a great story, but this was beyond that. Way beyond. This will be in my top ten, pushing out one of my beloved BTBs . I won't miss it at all. Thank you.

stevie1965stevie1965over 5 years ago

Just - wow! Thank you.

xoxo_mexoxo_meover 5 years ago
My vote was supposed to be 5 stars but my phone froze.

This was a wonderful story from start to finish. I fell in love with your characters too. Sorry about the erroneous star rating. Someone to Love is definitely 5 stars!

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 5 years ago
One of the best.

I love this story. Thank you for inviting us readers into your world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sweet and romantic.

Thank you.

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
Loved it

Blackrand, you are probably my very favorite author on here. Thank you for your wonderful writing and sharing your talents with us. I always feel an emotional connection to the characters and you inspire actual feelings in your readers. Tgank you very much.

oldtwitoldtwitover 5 years ago
OH so good

Ohh that was quite a story, well written and thought out with just a nice small twist at the end.

blacknightm44blacknightm44over 5 years ago
Amazing story

A really amazing and touching write. thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Great story. My favorite one so far. Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awesome

Love this story

I read it every time I'm depressed to cheer me up.

Thanks so much for sharing it

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
GREAT GREAT

Thank you for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story 5 stars

Generally I do not read older men younger woman stories. Why? REALITY!!! When she is older and ready to Rock and Roll, he will be ready to Roll Over and Go to Sleep!!!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Outstanding as always

Excellent characters and plot. Obviously there’s a big age gap, and relative levels of maturity between Bleys and Sahara. She has trust issues, and I’d be shocked if he didn’t also, on some level - else why would he live in a hotel and be single 17 years post-divorce? I’d like to have seen where it went after the IHOP scene, in terms of their relationship over time: how does Sahara adjust as she gains self confidence? Do they live in a hotel suite indefinitely?

Richie4110Richie4110about 5 years ago
Outstanding!!!!!!

Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories