All Comments on 'Something I Could Live With'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago

While I admit that "First Time" is not normally a category I visit that often, a story from Randi is of course an exception. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
No first time for me.

Randi has a way with words, and characters. Her males are manly and her females are a great combination of soft flesh and hard steel. Randi never gives us a weak female lead and I like that a lot. Great writing and memorable characters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One of the most interesting stories I have read.

An incredibly sweet romance wrapped up in a noir container, but with a happy ending. Redemption for Matthew, love and safety for Joselyn, I loved how he protected her, kept her close, loved her enough to change his life. Just an amazing love story, with just the right amount of the erotic in just the right places. Five stars.

markellymarkellyover 5 years ago
Loved it...

A nice steady page turner. Good pace and real people to get to know.

You did again girl.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 5 years ago
Moving and romantic.

I loved this story and felt sorry when it was over, as I do whenever I read your work. You write with such clarity and emotion. I am swept away every time by your characters, who always feel tremendously real to me. Thank you for such a treat.

Cracker270Cracker270over 5 years ago

I love this type of story line and nobody does it better than Randi.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR AND WITH

make sure die-ing is not part of any package, TK U MLJ LV NV

A_BierceA_Bierceover 5 years ago
Superbly written, of course

We expect nothing less from Randi. If only life really could turn out like this.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
That was right on so many different levels

First time, romance, revenge, forgiveness and all told so very well.

Another classic story from one of our best authors.

wmbf2013wmbf2013over 5 years ago
More and Mopar

Love the story. I hope there's going to be more. You have excellent taste in cars.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
I think it would be interesting.....

To see them teaming up on and working some "Cases" for some clients. Maybe she would suggest they "Dabble" with helping out people in need, much like she was at the beginning. Maybe go after a couple of Human Traffickers.

I got to help out a cop friend once with chasing down some low budget human traffickers, they were more into seducing young girls into their Whore House but a few of them ended up seriously hurt and then disappeared once he started looking into it.

It turned out they got sold to someone in a different part of the country and they, in turn, were going to sell them elsewhere.

I got to go in as "Client" to check out the situation of the girls and the operation and after a few times, got them to let me "Invest" in their business, so to speak. Once I had accumulated lots of evidence and information as to other people like them they did business with, the cops ended up calling the FBI in to help as it was over State Lines and so I was essentially out after that.

They did nail them and several other groups all over the country and kept nailing them for up to 2 years. It was kind of fun to be involved with the investigation but I had all I could do not to beat the guys to death and let the girls go. I really struggled with how long it took and how there was a very long list of boxes that needed to be checked and evidence secured. I am very impatient with things like that. My cop buddy had to settle me down on more than one occasion. He was one of my "Kids" I watched out for during one of my deployments in Iraq. So he could tell when I was becoming overly agitated and he had to step up to reign me in LOL.

He was a standup guy who I would trust with my life and he felt the same way. He didn't even question when one man went missing in the investigation. He had been talking about going after some minor girls for a quick turn around sale. But then one day, he was just gone and no one has ever heard from him again. My cop buddy told the FBI they thought he was killed during a drug deal gone bad but never found a hint of what happened to him.

Ironically, he had the car I was using crushed at the Junkyard and replaced it with another. I never asked him why he did that he just mentioned that everything used in the investigation would have the BCA Crime Unit going thru it. That was good enough for me but he did say he HOPED no other suspects would go missing, I told him I didn't think they would. He smiled and we did our old "Unit" handshake and we went back to the business at hand. Nothing more was ever said about it.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
Always extra points for a writer . . .

. . . who knows that the word is ‘burgled’ and not ‘burglarized.’

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

While I have SOME sympathy with his wife for being drugged, she wasn't drugged when she went to his apartment. Also, she should have trusted her husband enough to come clean and expose the blackmail.

"How can I be sure there aren't copies?" - If I was a blackmailer, not only would I have copes, but I'd make sure the victim knew that there were copies that would be revealed if anything happened to me.

jneric2691jneric2691over 5 years ago
Love your story!

As always it was very entertaining!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: sbrooks

I never said that he would have forgiven her if she went to him immediately before submitting to the blackmail, just that his attitude, as we see here, even AFTER she DID submit to the blackmail, would have been different.

Because of the drugging we can never know, but I find it hard to believe that he would have dumped her just for going to his place and having a drink. He surely would have been upset, but what he would have done if that was ALL that she did, is a matter of conjecture.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@ReedRichards

You can use either word. Burgled is more common in in England, burglarized is common in the US and Canada. What ever word is used Randi gets another 5*.

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
Work of art

From the greatest author here. Well done.

rayironyrayironyalmost 5 years ago
Almost

getting tired of standing up and applauding ,every time you release a new story.

But not quite yet!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Trust is everything

For one thing it's just a story,but for all of the wiggly wobbles out there think about this,do you really want to turn your back on someone you don't trust.i think BR is the best thing since sliced bread,i know a lot of you have never been in serious danger but try this on for size.If you have someone to trust hold them dearly and keep them close.Lady you are really one of the best. J

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Awesome

Predictable... Another great story.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Why

Why would his ex wife wait two years to ring him.Also if she was seeing some one and ready to move on,it is apparent she never did really love him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

NEED ANOTHER CHAPTER OR 3 WHERE SHE BECOMES A LAWYER, WIFE AND MOTHER. EXCELLENT STORY AND WRITING IS THE BEST!!

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

Another very good story.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Terrific story of rescue with devotion for both, the reward. :-)

DT

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hi Randi.

This story is worth two rating scales one after the other. Excellent writing. You showed us the extent of the total quality you are capable of. Thx.

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Classic Ms.Randi style. Poor abused desperate teen and shady white knight. I can't find any needy beauties either. Oh well, guess I deserve less.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 months ago

Fun, sexy, humorous - excellent read! Thank you.

EHP4269EHP42696 months ago

Randi - another great read. Your stories just are good to read. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Are desperate waifs likely to be nurtured into becoming loyal, if not beautiful spouse material? I'm sure parents would like to know how to develop strong character in children... (how the twig is bent, so growth the tree?)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
7423 Followers
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...