All Comments on 'Southbound Ch. 01-02'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Nice Opener

I always enjoy work by Coaster 2, he makes a fine mix of emotional problems and business operation. Never having been a business man I find it fascinating. Some colleagues will be just as bored as Carla.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

I can see why Andy's wife wanted a divorce. Andy is gone half the time and basically seems to be in his own little world.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 9 years ago
to ariesgirl

Andy was only on the road because home life was so poor. If Carla was a good wife he could easily delegate as he is the manager of sales. Men who have poor relationships usual compensate with their work. Like all things you get out what to put in, if Carla gave Andy the respect and love he deserved she would have got a loving attentive husband. I have seen this so many times with my friends when the kids leave or get older the wife decides she is better off by herself, of course the husband has to pay support to her so she can. This is only short term and then she finds she has to work to support herself and life is not so good any more.They have to sell the house and split the cash and find they can't get any where as nice to live. The men had to refinance and work harder for a while and all now have nice places. All of my male friends have had to move on and all have new woman in their lives. People can chose who they love and all relationships require effort but once you make a commitment honor it. Growing apart, sickness and menopause is no excuse, what is wrong with talking with your partner. Her loss, he moves on.

JamesRTickitJamesRTickitover 9 years ago
Background to this story

Ariesgirl suggests that its all the man's fault for being away so often. Unfortunately I have done time on planes and hotels. You choose a career which fits your personality, in this case travelling. If your wife/husband is supportive then it all works.

Like everything else in life compatibility is the key. We need to find out what the wife's issues are. Next chapters required. Good story, well written very realistic.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ALL ABOARD...PULLING OUT IN 5

get prepared for a bumpy ride. TK U MLJ LV NV

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

I like ToniKiwi's answer. Good writing and thus far an interesting story. Never been in sales, but have three million plus miles behind me. No marital problems. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
re: Ariesgirl

From the information we have here, only he worked. She married him knowing that his work required that much travel. Never during the years did she tell him that he needed to look for work with less travel and that she would get a job to help offset the loss of income.

A normal person would have discussed these things with their partner, instead of simmering on them for years and then blaming the partner for being the cause of the problem.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
@Anonymous 12/07/14

It's not clear that his job required extensive travel when they married. For that matter, it's not clear that it is his travel that caused her to seek the divorce.

I DO agree that she should have discussed whatever issues she may have had before shutting him out, and cause him to distance himself.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
CROSSING THE BORDER

for legitimate business, risky or not, TK U MLJ LV NV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous