All Comments on 'Soybean Summer'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 67 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Thank you

You are a good writer!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Ol Silver Tip Was pleased

That was a I find that keeps me looking, Story,s of this caliber are few and far between. Thank You

Ol SilverTip from Mont.U.S.A.

SalamisSalamisover 19 years ago
Uplifting

I always look for uplifting stories on this site. Yours have always been ones that leave me with a nice warm feeling no matter how many times I read them. Thank you so very much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I Was There Too

You drew me into the picture, the heat, the cool ice water and the passion. I was there with you, living, reliving, experiencing the circle of life and love. My advice: add another 300 pages and you have a novel. Just flesh it out, as publishers say.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Beautiful love story...

Thank you for this very beautiful love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Moving Story

Beautiful story. So moving it bought tears to my eyes - and I am a 51 year old male !!

I know the Western Australian wheatbelt is a long way from the Illinois cornbelt but like you there is nothing that gets me "higher" than the smell of freshly turned wet earth. It "reeks" of fertility and renewal.

Actually there is one thing that gets me higher its the scent of woman when you make love - like my beloved wheatbelt soil it has a fragance which envelops my senses with the essence of life itself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A truly great story teller

It's so easy to just meld into your stories and be with all the characters. I felt for Jake from the first paragraph. And I fell in love with Karen just as quickly. When I grew up in the 30's and 40's, farming was a personal thing and you've caught it just like it was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Nostalgia

Beautiful story, reminds me of the times life was so much simpler and less complicated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Memories and Great Writing

Hi:

The main reason I frequent this site is there is some great writing here. Today, I discovered yours. Parts of it brought back old memories. I suspect you've hoed beans in your time too. We were only allowed to do the two rows in each mound as we walked the furrows. If the weeds were in close to the plant, it was hands and knees and dig it out by hand. If my uncle joined us, he did four, the mound on each side of his furrow. The thirst seemed never ending. Yet strangely, I don't remember the water. We worked from can see to can't see and then my uncle would sleep on the couch so he could get up and move the irrigation pipes in the night.

The cool of the morning before sunrise was the best.

Thank you for the reminder and a well written love story.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 15 years ago
Superb

Excellent storytelling. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wish you would write more!

I've read "Soybean Summer" several times now, and enjoy it as much as the first time. I grew up on an IL farm and I well remember hoeing beans, but I didn't have anyone waiting for me at the end of the row. You took me back many years and made it seem real. Excellent work.

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
A lot of memories...

Your story took me back to another place in time. As a youth, I experienced life as the son of a poor Appalachian "dirt farmer". I, too, know the smell of freshly turned earth. You, Sir, are just an excellent writer, who has the real ability to evoke genuine emotions from your reader. I'm thankful for having found your story. It was one of the best.

darksidrdarksidrabout 13 years ago
wonderful

I have to admit your story brought a tear to my eye. keep up the good work !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thats Real

I can't get over how that made me feel. Its not only an erotic story, but its a story about true love and what our great country was made on, and thats a family farm.

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
A classic love story

I am stunned at the lack of commenting on this story that rates (deservedly) so high. I know this is one of the older stories on this site but I find it to be incredibly heart warming. I can only hope this author continues to bless us with more stories like this!

bluewillybluebluewillyblueover 12 years ago
great story!

Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for a great love story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
outstanding !!

You just made a 48 year old man cry - memories - Thank you

Serenity_65Serenity_65about 12 years ago
Another wonderful story!

I'm never going to be able to sleep, I can't stop reading your stories!

What an amazing one this was! Sexy but sweet and brought me to tears.....again!

Keep up the fantastic work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Outstanding

A truly memorable story that tugs at the heartstrings the whole way through... thank you for sharing this with us...

rockslyderockslydealmost 12 years ago
From a country boy

Its a beautiful story, loved every word of it. As a wanta be writer, I thank you for showing me how it should be done! I have few stories already done but I've held back as my first submission was rejected by the thought police. The most innocent of stories, was judged to be something that it could never be.

Glad your stories are here to read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great!

What's there to say? Another opus. Now, on to the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Love at it's best

Thank You for another great love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I miss Ronde's writing!

I wish he was still writing his stories. He makes the characters real and tells a story, not just a jerk-tale that has no substance. Having grown up on a farm and moved to the city I feel a real yearning to be back walking beans again! A much simpler, yet much more rewarding life!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
true farmer

Good farmer writing. I always liked to put my wife between the bean rows and do my plowing. Chemicals for the weeds have taken that pleasure away :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story

I've just discovered your stories and certainly enjoyed this farming story. Being a city-raised boy, it interested me a lot. The tender way in which you drew the characters together was just right. Thanks, I will read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

terrific

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
nice story of love found...

farmers are the salt of the earth....a good tale...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A Farmer's Life

This story brought back so many memories for me. I'm a 76 your old farmer and I remember to years that I worked beside my dad before he let me take over the hard work on our farm. I met my future wife at a cotton gin where she was helping her father bring their cotton wagons loaded with hand picked cotton the same as us. We were both sixteen at the time. God, was she pretty then and she still is I'm my memories. We lost her last year after fifty nine years of being a farmers wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. She was my only lover and I miss her every day.

Thank you for your story and for all these memories.

JPBVJPBVover 9 years ago
thanks

Thanks for remembering the the sex is only the condiment, the meat is the story, and you tell a good story.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
real life at its's best

real people who care about each other. who know how to love. thank you.

have to admit though, the ever flowing numbers were difficult for me. having to go back and figure out who was how old, and when was cumbersome.

60 - 51 = 9

28 - 9 = 19

good love story,

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
a little confused

Uncle Jake and Aunt Doris

Uncle Jake and Aunt Irene

So is Uncle Jake a polygamist?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Love Story

This is a true love story that will last with time. It is very well written and a joy to read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A Story well Told

Liked the writing style

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
brought a tear

Lives and loves aren't like this any more. We live too fast, we need to slow down and love more and enjoy each other's company and that of friends and family

Remember hugs are important

xtchrxtchrabout 8 years ago
Real True Love!

I really enjoy a story about real true love. Not the usual fare on this site about cheaters 'professing' their true love -about which they have no concept. If you look at these two people, you can't really imagining them cheating for any reason. This is what Love is all about. Thank you for an outstanding love story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great story

Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I don't know....

... when / if I've ever enjoyed reading as story as much as Ive enjoyed this one. Yes, its a love story and has some obligatory sex to it, but the underlying theme is the slow growing love. Also, I'm an old farm guy and the "farming talk" is correct right down to the broken chain. Guess I'm gonna be reading more of your work. Thanks for sharing this with this reading audience.

Horseman68Horseman68almost 6 years ago
So Liked This.....

..... very poignant story. Enjoyed reading this work by a talented author.

SonofCalliciousSonofCalliciousover 5 years ago
Back again

I've read this a number of times, and I've commented once or twice. And, once again, you brought tears to this old man's eyes. I've walked many miles through an Illinois bean field or two and miss the life terribly.

Ronde, I hope you come back and read your comments from time to time. I miss your writing. I want to say "Thank you," once again for the pleasure of reading a story that isn't just sex without context. I hope you are writing something that is profitable and are well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Loved it.

loved the build up and the background , which puts the whole story in perspective and makes it come alive. I thought Karen was going to be an "experience" and was delighted with the turn at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well done

I am in the process of reading most of your stories, but to me , by far is your best. I am an older retired male and think your stories are great.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
Very enjoyable

This is such a sweet and loving story. So unlike most of the others on this site, but so refreshing and enjoyable it was a pleasure to read. It was sad that Karen had to pass, but the following part of the story more than made up for that little bit of sadness. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it

I was reading this today and lost my place but had to finish it. Found it through the search and am glad I did. This could have worked in the romance section to. Good job.

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusover 3 years ago
Great

Thanks for the well written story!

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

When I started reading, I expected to be reading a story about farming written by a person from the city. I've never raised soybeans, only cotton, wheat, maize. Apparently farming soybeans is very much like farming cotton. The description of the labor involved with pre-herbicide farming brought back memories of hoeing cotton. I didn't mind the hoeing as much as the pulling (not picking). The cotton raised in western Oklahoma before mechanized harvesters (stippers that stripped the stalk of everything was "storm proof" cotton that required pulling the entire "boll" and was hard, slow work. Now at my advance age, I miss those days.

I was completely won over when you used the row crop term "laid by" to describe when no more working of the crop was required. You are either the real deal or a very clever imitator. Thank you. 5*

oldgraycatoldgraycatover 2 years ago

What a wonderful story.

chytownchytownabout 2 years ago

*****Great storytelling very enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing.

TheOldStudTheOldStudalmost 2 years ago

Excellent...thank you!!!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

Heartwarming retrospective on a changing age and the great value of learning through continuity and setting examples for those who follow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Second read but it was as good as the first time. Thank you

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

2nd reading for me and still a Great Story. thank you

voyeurdunuitvoyeurdunuitabout 1 year ago

Soybean Summer is my favorite so far. Great story, characters you could identify with, and his love for the land and his wife is very genuine.

texlootexlooabout 1 year ago

Superb! This gave me emotions.

Cacyems4Cacyems412 months ago

Everything you pen is fantastic. Beautiful captivating and always erotic with class.

Thank you

Cacy

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Beautiful!

wc2728wc272811 months ago

Simply fabulous!! All of it! Being from the Midwest, this story really did touch me. This is the first story I've read on this site that brought a tear to my eye. Thank You!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I loved the straight forward narration, simple and true. It was like his simple and true love. You made farming soybeans wonderful like his marraige.

A really nice story so that I could feel the hot sweat, as well as taste the crispy fried chicken and ice water...

OvercriticalOvercritical7 months ago

I don't know much about farming, but this seemed authentic and I could identify with people who know that to succeed you need to work hard. Being education oriented myself I have a little trouble with someone who spends 4 years working hard to get a degree in psychology and then becoming a farmer. But education can't ever hurt and can help in whatever endeavor you attempt. College isn't for everyone, but education is. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This was such a simple and beautiful story, went down like a cool lemonade on a hot day indeed. Thanks for making this such a delight to read...!

J6480J64806 months ago

Another winner mate

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Most delightful story!

5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a wonderful story! My wife is eight years y senior. We were both widowed when we met, and to me, she is as beautiful as when we married! I can relate a little to the farming. I would have loved to have a farm but it wasn't meant to be. Keep up the great stories. I find them very entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

One of your best.........hated to see it end.

mlrsdpicmmlrsdpicm14 days ago

Been told that dirt in your veins is like being on a good cow pony working cattle, so I can relate. Took me four try's before I found a great woman to make me a better man and we may be old and bent now but I would be lost without her. another good read!

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Been reading Lit for 20 years. One of my top 10 favorites. An intimate tale beautifully told.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories