Starting Over: A Love Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kathy said, "Of course you can be here. It wouldn't be the same without you. Your mom invited us all over for Christmas dinner and your brother and sisters will be there with their families."

I went over to Kathy's house on Christmas Eve. It reminded me of when I was a kid and how much fun Christmas was. I haven't had that feeling for a long, long time. Just watching the kids get excited and putting cookies out for Santa and making sure there was sugar for the reindeer was fun. There was holiday music and such a wonderful feeling in the air. The Christmas tree with all the presents under it. I had forgotten how much fun it really was. But watching Kathy with the kids brought joy to my heart. I was so glad I was a part of it.

Kathy put the kids to bed and came back and sat on the couch with me. She brought out a pillow and some blankets and handed them to me. She said, "You have to sleep on the couch. My kids aren't going to get up and find a man who is not my husband in my bed. But I will sit out here and neck with you for awhile," as she smiled at me.

We woke up Christmas morning, both of us asleep on the couch. We didn't do anything but cuddle and hold each other. It was funny when you think about it. I got up and made coffee as Kathy went to wake the little ones. They jumped out of bed and ran in the living room. Jake yelling "Santa was here, Santa was here. Look, mom, he ate the cookies and drank his milk. You were right, mom, Santa does like milk." Little Mary was running around behind her brother.

They both ran to the tree to see the extra presents that weren't there the night before. God, what a beautiful sight, watching the happiness on Kathy's face and watching the kids. Life doesn't get any better than that, or does it?

The kids started opening presents. Of course they liked the toys more than the clothes. When they opened their bicycle and big wheels, they wanted to ride them right then in the house. Kathy told them, "Later you can take them outside and ride them. Uncle Gary will watch you," as she smiled at me.

Kathy got me some nice things: shirts, a new watch and a few other things. I got her some perfume, the kind I thought she smelled so good in. I also got her a couple of outfits I had my sister pick out.Then I gave her a big box. Each time she unwrapped it the box got smaller. The present was down to the size of a shoe box. She looked up at me as the present got smaller and smaller until she got down to one the size of a jewelry box. As it got smaller, I saw tears well up in her eyes. She knew what was coming next, a tiny little box that only a ring would fit in. She opened up the tiny box and saw an engagement ring and started crying. I got down on one knee and said, "Kathy, will you marry me and make an honest man of me?"

She jumped up, put her arms around my neck and said, "I was afraid you would never ask." As she was crying she spoke the words, "Yes, yes, a thousands times yes, I will marry you."

We cleaned up some of the mess and Kathy dressed the kids as I took them outside to watch them ride their bike and big wheel, watching them smile every time they went by. Kathy finished straightening the Christmas mess up and told the kids to come in and have breakfast. I told Kathy that I had a few things to do and I would be by to pick her up and take her to mom's this afternoon. Before I left I hugged the kids and told them I loved them. Jake hugged me and said he knew I loved his mom, he just knew it. I had to hug him again and said, "I love you and Mary too, Jake." Then I squeezed little Mary, kissed her on the cheek and went to take care of business.

I stopped by mom's before going over to pick up Kathy and the kids. I asked her if everything was ready.

She asked me, "What was Kathy's answer?"

I just nodded my head yes and mom said, "Then everything is in order."

I went over to pick up Kathy and the kids. They were all dressed in their new duds. I kissed her the minute I walked in the door. That would be something I intended to do the rest of my life.

By the time we got back to mom's, most of the family was there. Kathy showing everyone her ring. Of course I got harassed by everyone but that was okay, it was worth it. My brother finally asked Kathy when the wedding would be.

Kathy looked at me and then said, "I don't know. Everything just happened so quick we haven't had time to discuss it."

Mom said, "Not to change the subject, Kathy, but we rented a hall for a big New Year's Eve bash. Will you be able to attend it with Gary? It's very important to him."

"Well, of course I'll attend it with him. But why is it so important to him?"

Mom handed Kathy an invitation that read:

---------------------------------

Please attend our New Year's Eve bash. It will be the party of the year. At 12:05 A.M. there will be a wedding of Gary Adams and Kathy Mason. The reception will continue after the wedding. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy the festivities. There is no charge. Please don't bring presents. Just come and join us in this happy union. It's been a long time coming.

Sincerely

The Adams Family

------------------------------------

Kathy read the invitation, looked up at me, started crying and ran to me and kissed and hugged me. "I love you," she said.

I said, "You told me that New Year's Day is my deadline and I am not going to make any mistakes. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Jake came up to us and asked, "Does that mean he'll be my daddy?

Kathy knelt down and said, "Jake, you and Mary will always have two daddy's. One daddy died defending our country and we must always remember him. Uncle Gary will be your second daddy. You will have to listen to everything he says. You will obey him just like you do mommy. He loves you very much and will always be there for you."

"Do I call him daddy or Uncle Gary?"

I looked down at Jake and then knelt down next to Kathy. "Jake, you call me what ever you feel most comfortable with" Then little Mary came over to me, put her little arms around my neck and said, "Dada." I squeezed her as Jake looked on. He said, "You're right, Mary, daddy it is." We all had to laugh.

My sister Nita asked Jake how Christmas went. Jake said, "It was great. I got all kinds of wonderful toys and Uncle Gary - I mean dad - got me a bike. He got Mary a big wheel and we already rode them this morning."

Kathy looked at Jake and asked him if he remembers when we took him to meet Santa. He said, "Yeah, mom, he gave me my special present."

"What present was that, Jake."

"I told him I wanted Uncle Gary to be mine and Mary's dad and that my mom loved him and we did too. So please arrange it if he could. And he did mom, Santa did it."

Kathy looked at me and we both had to laugh. No wonder Santa looked at us so strangely.

Epilog:

Well, life went on. We had over 200 people attend our New Year's party/wedding. It couldn't have been better. Kathy looked like an angel and, in my book, she was. I couldn't love my two kids more. I moved into the little house by the park. We could afford a bigger place but this is what Kathy wanted. We spend most of our evenings home together. We do make it to McDonalds at least once a week. Jake's favorite restaurant.

June had her baby, a cute little baby boy, her second child. She will be off for a few months. When she starts back it will only be part time. She wants to spend more time at home with her kids. I don't blame her.

I gave April a big raise and made her a full time agent. That way I could take more time off to be with the family.

Everyone wanted to know about our honeymoon. It was fantastic. We took the kids and went to Disney World. We got two rooms with connecting doors. We ran the kids everywhere all day and then the night belonged to us. We took full advantage of it.

I don't know to this day if uncle Frank told me the truth or whether mom put him up to it. But right now I don't care. I now have my childhood sweetheart and I can guarantee life couldn't be better.

*

Hope you enjoyed my story.

I guess I need your vote for the holiday contest

Comments always welcome

DG Hear