All Comments on 'Stay At Home Dad'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 160 Comments
Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
Excellent story

Really enjoyed the story, DG. Ray just might rethink any idea he has in the future about hitting on someones wife.

John's kinda sorry about what happened because of his actions but we know he'd do it again.

A really loving wife story. I Loved it!

Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
I mostly liked this story

but why? why? why?

Why does the husband always have to take the blame? This woman caused the problems by not being up-front with him and goading him about the play situation - and it's his bloody fault??

He never once accused her of having an affair with anyone, but she uses his (non existant) allegations as an excuse to goad him?, then it's HIS fault?

This sort of convoluted logic spoiled an otherwise good story

leapyearguyleapyearguyalmost 18 years ago
I hope to do this some day

DG really good story. This is what I prefer to read, no real cheating. About 8 months ago my son Told me he was getting a divorce.After hearing the events surrounding their break up I started reading the loving wifes stories. I read mostly the revenge stories at that time. I read many hours a day,and it started to effect me emotionally. I am usually upbeat and full of shit, as some of my stories will prove. I really do like a good laugh. But the revenge of someone you love effected me for a couple of months quite negatively. I looked at women differently, even my wife of almost 30 years. I had read all the stories I could find on revenge, out of habbit I continued to read other stories. And I found that I really did need to see some good in people to come out of the hole I had dug for myself. I now much prefer the stories like you wrote here. I hope to write this well some time in the future. I am still trying to find my way. I have gotten so much from Lit, good and bad, that I felt I should contribute here instead of just taking away. Thank you and all of those like you that make this site happen. LYG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
'Tis a story often told

DG:

But most times without your perspective. You've put a welcome twist to the story, and yet when all is said and done, it's a tale of love. Which generally goes against the grain in the Loving Wives catagory. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Another good one!

I never know know what to expect when reading one of your stories. I just know it will be good, and this one was. Thanks for just writing for us.

An Avid Fan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
anonymous

Sorry that my comment had to remain anonymous, but there was a good reason. I could relate very strongly to this story, as I spent several years as a "house husband", saw many of the same problems, and even had some of the same fears. Fortunately, there were no fights, no cheating, and nobody making a play for anyone. It ended up on a very positive note and when I returned to work, we were much better off than we were before I started staying at home.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago

STUPID

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
style

I like your writing style not always the content but I always take the trouble to read your posts this one appealed to me nicely written. Keep up the good work

Blue88Blue88almost 18 years ago
Nice Job

I enjoyed this - good work, DG. I can always count on you for some enjoyable reading. Thanks.

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 18 years ago
Great love story

What a wonderful love story!!! And totally believeable, a rarity in this section. And up to your usual quality standard. Thanks for the enjoyment it brought.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
Folks I AM a STAY AT HOME DAD

FOLKS

I AM a STAY AT HOME DAD -- SAHD... a real one... and let me tell you that some of DG Hear story is true and accurate and some of it Just based on my experiences is not..

There is a New book out called BRINGING HOME THE BACON -- WHEN WIVES MAKE MORE THAN THEIR HUSBANDS.

woman who make more $$ their than Men/ hubbys often screw over their men is so many ways its hard to list them all... Its really nothing but reverse sexism on the womans part.

My wife makes $80/k a year and has a Masters from NYU and is starting her doctorate program.... when My son was born the day care thing was NOT working out so we made a decision that I was to give up my shift work GOVT job and be the SAHD... stay at home dad

In all these talk shows when the subject of the day is SAHD...the Question they ask is this " does it bother you that your wife makes more $$ than you do?" for some guys the answer is Yes but for MOST men it isnt a problem.

Why? well f you are a man or if you know man... being right sided brain folks Once we decide to do something we do it. Once I made the decision to stay at home I got into it BIG time. Diapers sandbox Museums play dates...

And yes Once other moms learn WHO you are and what you are doing you do get accepted... and yes you do get hit on from time to time.

The REAL issue is that WOMAN who make significantly More than their man OFTEN -- not always but often put husbands / men in a DAMNED IF YOU DO DAMNED IF YOU DONT

position in many ways.

AFew years ago my wife says to me..."I want to cut back and I want to stay home.. YOU go make the $$$.."

WTF? where did this come from? wasnt the plan for HER to have the big career... I am knew deep in poopie dipaers and now SUDDENLY she wants to change the entire foundation of the marriage? Thanks for telling me... BITCH

But of course she stll wants her career!!! So I started a internet business and last eytar for the 1st time made more than she did !!!

The BOOK I talked about above shows why this hapenns. even wifes/ weman with BIG careers STILL want to be "taken care of in some form"... yet they are unaware of these feelings until it sneaks up on them.

second the maternal instinxt s very strong... when the 6 year old says "Mommy can you stay home today..." it REALLY hurts.

But this is where the sexism comes in. Men who are the big breadwinners Never think about staying home... we work b/c that is our job.

Men/ husbands dont develops strange needs / urges to be taken care of and protected

Most men do NOT have that maternal instinct either...

so you see the SAHD can be great if you are into it. But woman often pull the big switch aroo on the men with NO warning at all . Its nothing but sexism to the Nth degree

All this leads to Major problems in the bedroom as well as you can imgaine. Even when she wnated to be Mrs high track career woman my wife was filled with INTENSE massive amounts of resentment towards ME every morning as she left for work... even when I was home taking care of a sick kid...

There were times when she had these corporate business meetings overnight in Chicago that I could not reach her... and at that time there was NO sex and tons of fighting between us ... One time in Spring of 2000 she said to me when we were talking about the lack of sex... "if you want sex go find a whore. All i want from you is a sexless marriage..."

Yes I am still married to her... and no things are bot much better now. Now she is jealous and angry that I got to be the sat at home parent and I make more than she does... but such is the life of SAHD.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
damn good..

I think this was a truly believable story.. something so rare in such stories.

Didnt think so before but maybe i can accept house husbands a bit better now.. i guess family comes first.. whether the wife sits at home or the husband..

Excellent story.. First of ur stories im reading.. so lookin forward to read the rest.. ur on my favorite authors list for sure..

Keep it up!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
thanks for the great stories

a writer i'm not,but i like to read.and your stories are good reading.keep your ,your,stories coming.i said i'm not a writer.a fan from north carolina.

cageyteecageyteealmost 18 years ago
As always

I enjoy DG Hear stories. It's always a treat to find one among the daily submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Where did Ray come from..I thought his name was RO

I wore a pair of slacks, a blue button up shirt and a sports coat. It's about as close to getting dressed up as I get. I was greeted by Dan and Emma, who in turned introduced me to a few other people, including Cara and her date Rob. Cara is a beautiful woman and was all dressed up. She smiled at me when she said, "Hello, John, nice to meet you." Ray, on the other hand was just as I thought. An arrogant man that came from money. Cara and Ray worked in the same offices. Emma was a silent partner in the firm, but also worked there, unbeknown to most who just thought she was a middle manager. More about

Tut tut Boy you missed that one ..it also ruined the rest of your story for me..It's much worse than a mispelled word...

Risq_001Risq_001almost 18 years ago
Kinda liked it DG

It was good, the only thing that I was curious about was the guy's temper. If the wife knew it was so bad, why did she not try to defuse it more often than letting some of the situations get out of hand enough that he got suspicious?

But regardless it was a pretty good read.

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Very good

About time a good love story in the loving wives section

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Fantastic love story

Brought tears to the eyes of this romantic. Pointed out the necessity of good communication to have a strong marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
wrong pace to post the story

The sstory was fairly good, however it does not belong on

an erotic story listing. If I want to read romance I will go to a romance site. when I want to read about sex I go to a sex site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
My Husband use

to be a part time stay at home dad. He worked nights and I worked part time days. He was with the kids durning the day until about 2 and then they were with me. The only problems we had was not seeing much of each other save for the weekends. But he did get to spend time with our 2 childern and that is what counted the most. In the end he got a promotion and went to days and I left my job to stay at home with our kids. Things have worked well. I think of my husband every time I hear that counrty song about stay at home dad. He has a new respect for stay at home parents, they don't just get to sit around and play all day. I think it has made our relationship much stronger!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
once women are comfortable with themselves

they, too, won't have endless need to search for socalled alpha males,,,, they would also be content to live with a male who is able or willing to stay home and take care of the children, if both know/agree that he is capable,,,

of course, at the present era, most women, even the highly successful ones, are still not women enough, so they always have a need to "look up" to males, so the "higher" the males are, the more attractive they are to them women ,,,

but just as there are many very good women who make great mothers working hard at home, 24 hous a day, to raise healthy well behaved kids, there are also many men too who could do the same thing yet do not have a chance or opportunity because the world --- especially women who might want to marry them --- tells them their manhood is only achieved through hehaving like "alpha males" outside.

the character "Cara" here is obviously learning to shed those prejudices, from when she was still relatively young in college, even as she's not that comfortable; but she matured fast and knew that her husband was no "girly man" wherever he was, whether at home, at the warehouse, or at some fancy skyscrapper ---- it is how he devoted his time with her and their kids that counted,,,, intelligent young woman character, yes,,,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Best of your latest

I do give you crap about some of your recent stories and what I considered weak and shelfish main characters. But in this case I have to give the devil his due, good story, good strong characters. This story is the reason I still read your submissions when I think you have written a couple of stinkers. Thanks for this story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
lost in this space

Outstanding story for WOMENS DAY but for litEROTICA it dosent suck or fuck. Lets see some sexy stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
This is EROTIC Literature?

Boring, mechanical, and uninteresting. How about EROTIC literature?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Isn't it funny.....

that the ones complaining about the quality of writing shown here are all anonyMOUSE?!?!?! Isn't it time YOU graced us with your wisdom and writing skills and showed us how well you can write?

LC

manfromvenusmanfromvenusalmost 18 years ago
Excellent

The context of the story was excellent, the characters strong, and the writing very easily read.

Contrary to other's comments, this was a good place for this loving wives story, and if some people understood that sex is an expression of love other than just a fuck, they might get along better with their respective spouses.

One sign of maturity is the knowlege that the volume knob of the stereo also turns to the left, another is the ability to view a work for what it is and grade it on it's own merits, and not be disappointed because it was not what you wanted to read. Keep up the good work.

texmex5227texmex5227almost 18 years ago
awesome story

I enjoyed your story very much. I believe you have made a good start on a longer story. Keep up the good work.

rlg99rlg99almost 18 years ago
Good One

Good story that does belong in Loving Wives Section. If you want a jerk off story go to Erotic Couplings.As always a nice read.

Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Excellent

I like the dirty stuff, but sometimes its good to read something like this. I've got a temper just like John so if somebody was touching my wife my reaction would have been the same thing.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Thanks for the read

Another good one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
my little sissy

you really wanted to catch her being fucked properly didnt you,the need to see her take a real mans cock has you acting like the little sissy that you are, oh sorry, just had flash back to the dear john letter to my husband a few years ago,anyways your story leaves me wanting another man,you guys will never learn, jealousy makes us sleep with your friends, maybe even all of them.

ClevelandRocks18ClevelandRocks18almost 18 years ago
About time...

About time that stay at home dads are recognized as strong figures. Thanks for writing this.

Ken NitsuaKen Nitsuaalmost 18 years ago
Lots of virtues, but...

This story deals with a situation that's not all that uncommon these days. While the characters are strong and believable its impact is weakened for me by stiff and unnatural dialogue, particularly from the husband/narrator.

I do think it's perfectly okay for this story to be in the Loving Wives category. Best, Ken

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Very Well Done ! ! !

Some people may call a stay at home dad a queer, sissy, play toy or whatever, but it does not make him less of a man. As a matter of fact, how many dads can say they tended the needs of their children from changing diapers to preparing meals. How many fathers know how to properly clean house, learn to cook, and do laundry. He did it all from the top to the bottom and in my books, that does not make him less of a man but more of a man. He still knows hoe to do manly things, but he has the kindness and gentleness to look after his children. This is an A+ for him.

Did any of you bother to read or comment on how he took to being a stay at home dad because he was left with no choice and did not complain. He learned how to cook from other women and probably learned how to please women from them. That way, he pleased his wife sexually and he was still man enough to knock heads with other men because they called him a sissy because he stayed at home. More important, he protected his wife during a time when it could have become nasty. He is a man.

Now, be and his wife's actions, her parents are looking at their relationship through different eyes. Yes, the money is always good, but family is important as well. Dad is now seeing his grandsons raised by a man rather than by a stay at home father.

People, times have and are changing. Example, it now takes two member of the home to make a living when it use to take one. There are more stay at home dads these days because women have become more liberated and are taking the lead in the work role.

I applaud DG Hear for writing this story which was one of love and compassion. It took to people and a near disaster to see what they were doing wrong and how they were hurting each other.

Happy Endings are so Good....

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 18 years ago
Happy Endings are so good !!!!

There really should be a "Loving Husbands" category. A truly wonderful story of a man dedicated to his family despite the embarrassing circumstances. He learned to do what we 'macho' men expect the 'little lady' to do. We take for granted that she will do it (for no payment!) and get a job to help with family finances. Yes these days it very often takes two member of the home to make a living when it used to take only one! I applaud DG for writing this story of love and compassion. Pete.

charleybearcharleybearalmost 18 years ago
My Compliments DG

Good Story about two people who love each other and self inflict problems into their marriage out of stubbornness on each part. They are lucky that it all turned out right.

He could have actually driven her into Ray's arms and she into the arms of the army of MILF's. Lucky too that he didn't kill Ray. Now wouldn't that have made a story to have her waiting ten years for him to be released from prison.

I think the story was great and applaud your effort.

Thanks,

Charleybear

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Great story

Great entertainment and super writing as always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
kinda blah

i appreciate the happy ending, but this is LITEROTICA. The "making of sweet love until 'pooped'" was a little Disney for me, personally.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
H u u u m m m m . . .

This story has to have been written by a dumb gurl in the age cohort of 13 - 15 year olds. I do know not all these stories are not written by the same puta but jeez ! The credibility of these stories sucks big time. Just right for serial daytime slopehead trauma drama soap operas - you oughta write in and send some of these, maybe you'll get hired.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good story-

Typical well written story by DG Hear, but it does illustrate how badly poor communications can ruin a marriage. He is short tempered and jumps to conclusions and she can't resist agitating him. They deserve each other.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Loved it

This a wonderful story of a family adjusting to reality, especially the father. He was able to get past all the macho shit and be a good provider for his kids, just like most stay at home mothers do. But the taunts and stings from those who have not been there got to him. They lost their dialogue and he lost his cool. The outside influences on a marriage regardless where they come from can be immense. Luckily they were able to get past that bump. If they didn,t that bump would have become an impassable mountain. Thank you..Jim in AB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Getting better

Yes, your idiomatic English is ten times better than when you started. You still have an occasional spelling mistake, but much more seldom now.

You have a few occasional idiomatic slip ups, for example referring to "the business" when you should have said "at the office" or "at work".

You still need to send your story for final review to a couple of friends, sometimes another set of eyes will find what you missed even if you reviewed your story ten times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Read

BTW does anybody know were I can read similar stories like this one?

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
I am ambivilent about the story

First off, I like a lot of your work. However this wasn't much of a cheating wife story (not a killer on it's face btw)

The thing I had a hard time with was the dialouge. It sounded very stilted. Try reading it out loud.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Stupid story and not at all plausible so I gave it 1*.

The author is a good writer and with changes the story would have merit and deserve the highest rating. However, nothing about the story is plausible.

High school girls may be attracted to the bad boy type. However, she would have divorced theviolent ass because she would not appreciate a guy with such a low self-esteem that he keep embarrassing her by picking fights with her friends without any justification.

Certainly her father would not have bailed him out or said he was sorry. In real life that ass would be sent to prison and rightfully so. Even if only for a year, that would have certainly resulted in his wife finally coming to her senses and divorcing him.

People like him make good solders but need to get killed in war and are not fit for a civilized society.

movermoverover 12 years ago
Thank You D W

Such perception. Not everyone has your insight. Thank God.

Thank you DG, for another great story.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 12 years ago
Damn, you're the best!

Just another great one in a long line from my favorite author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hate to say it...

The story could have been riveting if developed properly, but the style you used was drier than a Cliff's Notes synopsis. I've found encyclopedia entries with more buildup than this story. The lack of real characterization and dialogue development rendered the characters flat and faceless, which seriously detracted from what could have been a very emotionally-charged story.

cueball961cueball961about 12 years ago
Good Story

I really liked this one. The couple were interesting in the "opposites attract" way, and though they had some issues it was obvious they were in love deeply. I felt the bread winning role reversal was an interesting angle as well, especially considering the background of the husband.

It's not hard to imagine that the husband would be at the receiving end of jokes, if not outright scorn from the more arrogant wealthy types. I hate to disagree with the imminently sage and qualified DWornock, but it is not at all uncivilized to stand up for one's self, and especially to protect one's wife. What is truly reprehensible behavior, especially from an ostensibly civilized person, is to humiliate and belittle another person who has given no offense. I also feel it is reasonable to assume that a majority of the ladies, far from being embarrassed, would welcome the protection of their husband. This is especially true when she is on the receiving end of an unwanted sexual attack by an arrogant ass of this caliber, who has been constantly harassing her.

The one weak area of the plot that kept me from giving the story the full five stars concerned that very incident of the husband's protection. Given the circumstances of the incident, Ray was actually the offender. He committed the assault. The husband attacked him to protect his wife. When the wife pointed this fact out to the police officers, Ray would have been arrested, not the husband. Yes, it could be said that he went a tad overboard, but a man who put his hands on my wife against her wishes would be in extreme danger of getting his health and dental records messed up badly! He might even end up with a tag on one of his toes in a refrigerator. I'm quite sure I am not alone in this stance.

Nonetheless. I liked this story. It is good to see a story in this section where a wife loves and is devoted to her husband, and is not betraying him sexually at every turn. The story also has a good message for couples, in that it points out the importance of communication, patience, and give and take in a relationship. Four well deserved stars!

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 12 years ago
Agree w/ QBall

The police would have probably taken both the original assaulter (Ray) and hubby into custody after talking with SweetyPie (Ray would still have gone straight to the hospital, of course), and the DA would have then interviewed the principals and charged Ray. Hubby might have gotten a citation for excessive force, but also maybe not...certainly NOT a 100K bail. Also, the company she and Ray worked for do not have to follow the same process as a criminal trial. The board could interview the parties present, plus any related testimony (other women in the office, for example), and determined that Ray was to blame and fired him forthwith. Hope they are watching him like a hawk in the WVa office! Passing a bad apple on to another part of the barrel is NOT 'good business!'. This was a critical part of the story...granddad's realignment depends on having to step in to help. Also, pressure on SweetPants to mellow out a bit depends on hubby being in deep-doodoo, which he would not have been in under more realistic circumstances.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Good story as always

The Dork seems to have read another story as the actions and statements of Ray deserved counteractions. One thing is that she had a witness and Ray didn't, but she did not know that. He seemed like a fairly relaxed guy and I felt that she should have respected his feeling a bit more....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
most excellent

a true loving wife - they just have to talk more. good character development - found myself involved in the characters. 5

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Excellent

A loving and happy family. It should happen to everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
great!

Wish there were more stories like this! I was getting sick thinking Cara cheated, but in the end love wins! There should be category for this type of story. You only get 5 stars cause there is no button for 6!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I don't know.

She has shown a cruel streak and contempt for him. He has shown a quick trigger and and distrust for her, well-grounded given her cruelty. Not much future for these two. . .

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Divorce in 3..2..1..

A hot head bully and a hard head woman no way this will last.

hebert100hebert100almost 11 years ago
love wins

good. love won out. looks like they will talk now. thanks how you described their journey from me to us.

norcal62norcal62almost 11 years ago
Gave this a *** but am changing it to a *.

This is a poorly written story of a male jerk, who the author tried to make into a tough guy. He isn't; he's just, as another said, a insecure bully.

LW stories about lack on communication, which this one is, are now most predictable and boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
when you marry,their are two different people

you ajust and make marriage work.great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
She loved a meat head.

Ian glad it works for her, being married to a jealous short tempered guy. But he loved her and she loved him. It would be hard on a male to stay home with the kids, but some can do it. But it comes back to bite you because society still wants a male fiqure head. But that has changed a lot in the last 20years.

D

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
self defense

When Ray grabbed Caras breast that was sexual assault, when someone attempts to commit a felony against a family member you can use force to protect them.

Also Ray, if convicted, would be on the registry for sex offenders....say bye-bye to ever getting a good job.

elHosedelHosedover 10 years ago
Gotta agree with Anon for once...

...the ending of this would have played out completely differently in real life. Ray committed sexual assault and John was in his rights to intervene.

How did readers get "John = bully" out of this story? Seriously? He was gruff, didn't take shit, and his wife and him needed to get their heads out of their asses and talk for once, but bully?

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago

@elHosed

They're just pissed off because Hubby wasn't cucked by Wifey and Boss Bull in this one. They think that a man should just roll over and be like them.

You/re right, though. In RL, Ray would be in jail for a good long time and have to register as a sex offender, and John wouldn't even have been charged. He protected his wife as any man should. He doesn't take any shit from any Asshole that puts the moves on his wife. Ray should go on the Sex Offenders list for sexual assault. John acted In Defense of Another.

John did what he had to do to defend the woman he loves. Call me a "caveman" all you want. I'd do the exact same thing if some Asshole put his hands on my wife. Hell, she'd join in and kick the shithead in the balls a few times.

But hell, this tale as just fiction anyway. 5 Stars.

PennMusicPennMusicover 10 years ago
Nice...

Really liked this story. Liked that she stood strong against any temptation. And the husband defending her. That guy deserved it...

5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
nice tale

in this day and age more men are stay at home dads. my wife works and

after my heart problems I stayed at home on disability. I became a stay at home

care giver for my grand kids. from 6 weeks till they were 10 yr old , I did

the feeding, etc for 10 hours a day. till school started then I got them ready

for school , took them to school and picked them up. times change

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
A rather simplistic story

but fun nonetheless. I had a stay-at-home neighbor. I never talked to him about his views regarding his status, but I know it almost broke up their marriage. That was 15 years ago when their kids were young. I wonder what happened to them? I hope he went back to school and got some better job skills.

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
Firstly

she had ZERO respect for her husband. When he defended not only his, but his families honour, she called him a Neanderthal, and said she would rather go out with the people that insulted him, rather than go with him. She repeatedly lied to him, and NEVER once defended him when all of the so called friends insulted him. That in itself is condoning their insults, and agreeing with them.She questioned the children about their fathers actions when they went out, to see if he was cheating, yet when he became jealous of her going on a date without him, she says that he is a caveman, and threatened to have an affair to spite him.

Secondly, she said that Ray was sexually harassing her at work, yet when did she ONCE report him? Most harassment cases are hard to prove, but are still reported. If nothing else, reporting it shows that it is unwanted. All companies take these reports VERY seriously these days. She didn't do that, so obviously she welcomed his advances on some level.

Thirdly, Motels don't have conference rooms. They have beds, and a t.v., if you are lucky.Big hotels have them, not motels called Holiday Inn. Besides, companies as big as this one is supposed to be, would have their own conference room set aside. Even if they didn't, they certainly wouldn't host VIP's in a seedy motel. They would want to impress, and would go to the best hotel in town, not a stop-over on the edge of town!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
one major detail

Not only in this story, but many.

The first thing someone does in the story, when they get out on bail, or for that matter parole or probation or are served with a restraining order, they get a beer or other alcohol.

Bail/parole/probation/restraining orders have conditions and nearly always no alcohol is one.

The enforcement officers for these have legal authority to check on compliance and make arrests.

In some cases an ankle monitor is used and some of these can monitor blood alcohol content remotely from skin contact.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Not bad

I enjoyed it but became confused a couple of times & had to go back to re read those parts to fully understand them.

One thing puzzled me though & that's at the end when they asked Dan & Emma to be the kids god parents, now according to the story the boys were going to school so how come the didn't already have god parents when they were baptised ????

4 ****

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

Five stars. A touching story of a couple in love.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
It was difficult to get involved

the speech patterns were so stiff it was like reading a scientific manual.

Perhaps if you were to have someone read back your text to you out loud?

note to Krosis: yes, some Holiday Inns do have conference rooms and convention centers. Big enough and nice enough for weddings, reunions, and business meetings.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
@ Rightbank

Thanks for the info. Always nice to learn something I didn't know yesterday.

I must have been having one of my world famous 'grumpy days' when I left that comment. I liked it the second time round!

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Trust and truth...

Love, trust, respect and always being truthful to each other, is the right medicine to a marriage work...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I don't see Cara ever respecting him

Even with the warehouse job. Especially since it was handed to him by his Father-in-law who is probably bad mouthing him to Cara every chance he gets. I don't see this marriage lasting very much longer. His pride, self worth and self respect are shot. And his wife certainly doesn't have a very high opinion of him. She may be okay for awhile, but in the long run, they marriage is going to be toast.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 9 years ago
good story

very nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Really well done.

I don't think the speech patterns were too stilted for a short story. You made the main points, revealed characters in a timely fashion and wrapped it up nicely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Too lame

Unbelievable even on LE/LW. One ☆

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Writing on this one was only so-so

And I just don't think Cara is going to be happy with a stay at home Father/husband. And getting a low paying warehouse job isn't going to do much for his ego or her valuation of him. This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
re: the dumb-assed comment made on 12=02-15

Whoever you are, it's my considered opinion that you jerk off in your oatmeal. This was a very good and well written story. It showed how dangerously close two people who truly love each other came to fucking up their beautiful marriage. There was eyeopening information for everyone and a touch of Justice for the dirty cocksucker who was trying to fuck his wife.... (and still deserved at least one more solid beating which, if she were my wife, I'd wait a while and then send someone to see to it that he got it... needing months of rehab therapy when he gets out of the hospital.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"jerk off in your oatmeal"

funny insult from a guy named "slippery saddle," just saying....

sinsational83sinsational83about 8 years ago
Nice, Really nice

This is a damn good story. But that's what I have been expecting from any of your stories. some could have been a little more forceful but this one had a nice balance. Very entertaining, well written, I did enjoyed reading it. 5 stars to ya for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Actually

I was crying as I read this story. It was so well written and thought out. I have started to only vote with the stars a one for cuckolding, two or three for non btb or non reconcile stories, five for btb and really good reconcile stories. Yours got a five. Oh, for the cuckolding ones I also ask if they like Matt Mornea, or the ones who say bad things in stories such as this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Bravo

5 stars, no question. Another expertly crafted story by DGH.

I must say, though, this one was a bit of a tear-jerker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story

I can't believe all the ignorant, stupid, self-serving, bone headed comments. You people sure do not know any couples where the wife makes more money than the husband. Why would he have any problems with her being successful? I would be proud as hell if my wife made more money than me. And as far as working or having meetings off site, I've worked for a huge corporation for many years and off-site meetings are very common and useful. Seems like some people are always looking for any chink in the armor for something to be wrong with every married couple. Sometimes marriages hold up to all the sluts and assholes that get thrown at them. Thanks for the offering. An easy 5*.

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
ANOTHER GOOD STORY

with a moral tale too...talk talk talk and keep on talking to each other to sort out little problems before they become major issues...i have known families where the dad stayed home because the wife was better qualified and earned top money so it made total sense...just some macho assholes cannot see past their own useless behavior....if it was me i would have kicked nine colours of shit out of that asshole...just hope it stays on record what a tosser he is....one big happy family...life is good....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Gender roles

Marriages in which the husband and wife conform to established gender roles have higher levels of satisfaction both in the bedroom and out of it. Strangely the level of satisfaction is higher for the wife than it is for the husband. Wives whose husbands do not work gradually over time lose respect for their husbands even if the husbands are great homemakers.

StormKing33StormKing33almost 7 years ago
5* Great Man-up Story

He protected his wife. Kewl. I once had to do so at a nightclub. The douchebag suffered a severe knee injury. We left immediately and that was it.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 6 years ago
Not bad.

I liked it, however, she should have told her husband about her history with Ray. Having a guy that fucked your wife become her boss is a need to know issue.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Thoughts

"We just met tonight, John. What would you think of me later?" - Um, you invite a guy in sometime after 2:00 AM, you're a tease if you AREN'T planning on having sex!

His buddies would have "felt out of place"? Didn't they think that HE might feel out of place, and could use their support?

I find it hard to believe that he didn't know what she made! Wouldn't it have been included on the mortgage application? For that matter, a "modest" house with a $50,000 down payment should be quite affordable.

In the first part of the story, Ray was just a guy she worked with that she agreed to be his date for the party. NOW we hear that they were dating and had had sex!

Maybe if she had been more honest with John at the beginning, things could have been defused before they exploded.

"Always accusing me of having affairs when I never did anything wrong." - Huh? When did that happen? The first sign of any trouble was when SHE got mad at him because Robert was afraid of him!

He should have listened to Dan when he told him not to do anything until he checked things out.

He may have been a fool for not trusting her, but she was also a fool for not being totally open with him.

"I wanted to tell you about what was going on but then you started accusing me" - She had LOTS of time to tell him before he started accusing her! He ASKED her if Ray was being inappropriate, and she blew him off!

I TOTALLY agree with silentsound: "Having a guy that fucked your wife become her boss is a need to know issue."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Nothing has been done to change his behavior of angry and often violent outbursts.

Without anger management therapy and something to modify and slow down his "fight/fight"reactions (in which he ALAWAYS chooses "fight"), this marriage is still headed for divorce. I don't have a psychiatry/psychologist background, but he clearly needs to have his head adjusted before the divorce. And the sooner and more intensive, the better!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Oh

good grief. He beat up a guy hassling and tit grabbing his wife. If you wouldn't, there's really no need for two pussies in one marriage. If you are a woman, well then your comments are understandable. You can't understand anymore than men can understand women.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Great story, I really enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very nic story

Thank you, D G Hear. A man who is a man and a wife who really loves her husband! They're a married couple so of course they will have their tiffs! Both being stubborn makes it that much more difficult to reconcile. Still, great to read of a loyal wife! 5*s

meganann10meganann10almost 5 years ago
Good

Good story, very believable more about two people who love and is dedicated to each other but let their stubbornness get in the way that caused the trouble I noticed a lot of commenters like to nit pick about certain things in a story as the old saying goes YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYONE!!!! Well written and very entertaining.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Loved it

It's great to read a story where the good people win. Also, and I think this is universal, if you don't communicate or if you hide the truth nothing good will come of it. Well done for a really uplifting story. (I should say that I don't really condone violence as that doesn't normally solve anything either)

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

That was a great story, and nice that Cara stayed faithful to him.

But...

The fact that she'd previously had sex with Ray was something Cara definitely should have told her husband. More importantly, if she'd raised this with management, all this mess could have been avoided. All she needed to say was that she'd been in a relationship with Ray beforehand, that it ended badly, and she wasn't comfortable reporting to him as a line manager. Boom... Instant end to the problem!

No company would risk exposing themselves to a sexual harassment lawsuit, which means either Ray's transfer would be cancelled, or Cara would be moved to another department. Still, it was a fun read, and Ray getting the shit beaten out of him was amusing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Kind of cartoonish.

Also, you have to watch your tense. You bop around between first and third. I still gave it a good score for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It's not so

IT'S NOT TRUE that,as someone WRONGLY says,"you bop around between first and third tense"!IT'S ABSOLUTELY NORMAL for tenses TO CHANGE DURING A STORY and for an author to jump sometimes from one tense to another!

Also,I MUST DISAGREE with someone who said that "no company would risk exposing themselves to a sexual harassment lawsuit",when talking about the relation between the wife and the other guy!The fact that "she'd been in a relationship with him beforehand,that it ended badly and she wasn't comfortable reporting to him as a line manager" ISN'T AT ALL "sexual harassment"!IT'S SIMPLY A DIFFICULT RELATION from the woman's point of view,but DEFINITELY NOT "SEXUAL HARASSMENT",since the guy DIDN'T DO ANYTHING IMPROPER TOWARDS HER!That DIDN'T MEAN that the company couldn't decide to make them work separately,but THAT DEPENDED ON THE COMPANY'S DECISION!IT WASN'T "an instant end to the problem"!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "It's not so"

It's not sexual harassment YET, but IF, as Powerworder has said, she went to management and expressed her concerns, and they ignored her, and something happened, the most certainly would have been open to a lawsuit. Not saying they would have lost, but just the fear of the POTENTIAL lawsuit would have made them do the transfer. Might there have still been a problem? Of course, Ray was an asshole! But the company would be in the clear because they did all that they could do. They had no grounds to fire Ray, so a transfer for one of them was the most they could do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

There warm in winter, liter than thermals, even for some one of male gender, love thigh highs or calf length. Runnnnn on-big deellll. slap hapy papy #9

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories