All Comments on 'Strangers In The Dark'

by Ann Douglas

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lovely and arousing story. I loved the way you developed Laura’s character so effectively and economically, and how credibility you used her brusque and teasing manner to manoeuvre Gary between her thighs. Thank you!

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

*****Great piece of storytelling. Always excited to see your name by a story. As I have said before you write feel good stories. Thanks for sharing.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

At least the young man was smart enough to take advantage of a golden opportunity when it it is presented to him!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, please keep writing, you have what it takes bravo.Richard L

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

This was a fun story. I remember that blackout as a kid. I wasn't in NYC but close enough to hear all about it. Small wonder there was a baby boom nine months later. Thanks for posting.

yesterdaysyesterdaysover 2 years ago

Another wonderful story from you with an excellent setting and believable characters. Very arousing. Thank you.

murphysd2004murphysd2004over 2 years ago

Your story was wonderful. Good plot and pacing, and the characters realistic. As someone who was an adult in the 70's, a woman wearing a skirt on a date would be wearing pantyhose.

jtukeejtukeeover 2 years ago

Great story. I don't think I have read you before. I look forward to your next offering knowing it will be as good as this one

XactoXactoover 2 years ago

Once again, you’ve put a lot of humanity into three pages. Always glad to see a new entry from you. Thank you! ❤️

Elaphe223Elaphe223over 2 years ago

As usual, another great story. Can't wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

your stuff is always well written. On the erotic scale, this one is on the higher end

GolfingcollieGolfingcollieover 2 years ago

Nice story well written as usual :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story Ann. Have enjoyed your work for as long as I've known about Lit. Fun story. Mater of fact sex for very experienced one, vs an inexperienced one...and both needed it! Several years ago I 'serviced' a lady in almost a similar fashion. Well actually I was an elected person of note...who was not running again...and the local party lady came to my place (I was divorcing and she knew it) and stayed a while. She was very married. She later set up two different 'visits' with other woman...who wanted to fuck the mayor. One was hot and nice, and one was super perfunctory much like the Chinese lady in your story. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful character and story development as usual making you one of preferred authors. You seem to get better each writing.

DruisiuilDruisiuilover 2 years ago

Always glad to see your stories

LargoKittLargoKittover 2 years ago

I like this so much more than I do others because I can feel the character of the participants as real people. It is very plausible, and that makes the encounter exciting. You are also good with dialogue.

I do have a question, however. when you begin describing the sex you tilt into a kind of formal language. It kind of works; and maybe a lot of readers like it that way.

"Soon enough, a familiar feeling began to fill him again and he knew the end was approaching quickly.

As before, Laura seemed to be able to read his body like a well-worn tome, slipping one of her hands beneath her body to where the tips of her fingers could reach her clitoris, there to add her own efforts as she hurtled down the well to orgasm."

"...there to add to her own efforts ..." Might you not get more energy out of something more in tune with the dialog and other exposition?

Paul4playPaul4playover 2 years ago

Excellent!

Sexy, enticing, and nicely arousing…..

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your storytelling is always flawless inviting the readers’ inclusion. Thank you for sharing your abilities with us!

reader1000reader1000over 2 years ago

Simple and fun but with sufficient backstory to explain who each character was and why they were as they were. Not much plot but not much was called for. Nice epilogue.

rnebularrnebularover 2 years ago

Always a good day when Ann releases something new. Loved the quick but very sexy nature of their erotic session in the dark. Enjoyed this nice vignette and look forward to your next tale.

Rnebular

DSolomonDDSolomonDover 2 years ago

Always a well painted picture

Filled from edge to edge with insightful colors and nuances.

You paint carefully with tender emotions as your brushes. You paint times machines.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hadn't even noticed at first that the story was yours, but I knew by the second paragraph that it must be, so I looked up to confirm my suspicion. As always, it was great all the way to the last sentence! Thank you.

O2O2over 2 years ago

Loved it, I was wondering where it was headed and who Gary would meet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed “Strangers in the Dark” thoroughly. It brought back many memories, and not just of youthful sex romps. I’m a native NY’er who had an after-school job in Wall St that included running a collator, burster, and jogger. I was fortunate to be vacationing in the Hamptons when the ‘77 blackout hit. Not so in ‘65 but successfully weathered that one, too. Not as much fun as in your story, though. Congrats on your very fertile, nicely articulated imagination.

shayneoneshayneoneover 2 years ago

well done it was a happy ever after all round smiles be well happy and safe a fan shayne

SummoreSummoreover 2 years ago

Ann, being of similar vintage, I really loved the references to carbon paper and the old TV shows. It gave the story a richness and depth that I easily embraced. Having had the pleasure of a much older woman in my youth, I really empathized with Garry’s predicament and relived those wonderful moments of edging all night until a wonderful climax was unavoidable. I believe that we had so much more freedom back in the late 70’s early 80’s and of course no mobile phones (which was in hindsight a bloody good thing!)

Nigel aka Summore

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a great story. I remember that blackout and can imagine this happening.

bucknaked5664bucknaked5664over 2 years ago

The fantasy of many young men. To be seduced by a mature woman. A petite Asian with small breasts is just the ticket. The 70's was an era of the big bush. In my 20's I thought the bush was a turn off. Occasionally, I would talk a gal into a shave. To this day I still love to lick a clean smooth pussy.

daytonakrysdaytonakrysover 2 years ago

You say that you're not a professional writer, but along the way you've obviously learned a thing or two. In this story, and in other offerings on Literotica, I want to praise your pace. You don't linger over minutiae, you don't keep your reader waiting, and yet action doesn't proceed without proper character motivation. (It doesn't hurt at all that I definitely get a charge out of many of the same themes that you treat here and elsewhere on the site.) Most importantly, you comply with the first directive of storytelling: you relay fictional action through actual fictional means, and not by simply relaying it flatly as information. Which is something you run into lamentably often on the site.

nylonpunkienylonpunkieover 2 years ago

'Having your chimes rung' is a new phrase to me :) I especially enjoyed the cunnilingus section, we could have had much more of that, it felt wonderful to read (plus I feel the woman should have made the boy work harder).

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

4certain4certainover 2 years ago

Perhaps it is my vintage, but this story, like most Ann Douglas stories, is especially enjoyable since it is realistic and believable, and equally important, well edited so I'm not distracted by sentence structure, homophones, or spelling errors. Thank you Ann for being a far more professional writer than you claim to be. This is another five star effort from my point of view.

legsfeettoeslegsfeettoesover 2 years ago

Great story. Five stars. As I read the story, I was thinking of the 1965 blackout. I was a senior in college and home with my parents since I was a day student. I'd much rather have been in a situation as Gary was. And the 1965 blackout was in November and not in the hot summer. If the '77 blackout affected us here in New Hampshire, I don't remember it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautifully written, it has an air of reality about it. I dare not ask if it is taken from life. No! as a gentleman I could never ask a lady a question like that.

kathy2012kathy2012almost 2 years ago

Very hot story!

Best Regards,

Kathy

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnn Douglas@Ann Douglas
I'm an average wife and mother, well, maybe not so average, who likes to write Erotica. I'm not a professional writer. In fact, until I tried writing my first story in the early 90s, I hadn't written anything longer than a letter since high school 20 years before. I like ...