All Comments on 'Studying the History of Families'

by MaryAnderson

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very hot

Well written, Mrs Anderson, as ever

MaryAndersonMaryAndersonalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Major Rewrite's point is wel-taken.

Perhaps mother/grandma could service the next generation down, but who is doing the generation after that? Could we pass the job off to whomever the son takes as the age-appropriate societally-acceptable wife?

Oldergenteman69Oldergenteman69almost 6 years ago
Very well written!

What a great story full of true and honest feelings about a Mother and her Son! Again, another great story from you!

KlitomaticKlitomaticalmost 6 years ago
Interesting Take

Good writing, good detail, never had a thing for mom, but you almost make me wish I had. More of this story sounds like a sure winner.....

JBinGAJBinGAalmost 6 years ago
Great story, so glad I tried it! :)

Very well written and realistic. These stories tend to have a sameness so you must write standout stories to stand out. You have accomplished that and more. I feel lucky to have found a new reliable source. Thank you for your efforts :)

Microbevel8Microbevel8almost 6 years ago
Hey nice!

Love the anthropology. Makes so much sense! Thanks for doing it so well.

PanzerFeckPanzerFeckalmost 6 years ago
*****

I chewed up the psychological scenery from the start. Very intelligently drawn together. Instant favourite!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Absolutely Excellent

As I get older, I really appreciate these stories that focus on a more mature, romantic relationship. Yes please! My only criticism is that the spelling and grammar could be off at points, I would put it through a re-read or two to hammer those out.

TJSkywindTJSkywindalmost 6 years ago
Interesting premise

Well written story.

However, the logic of the story collapses rather quickly. Julie and Jessica and the others in their coterie are having children with their sons. Who will give the daughters children in this new structure? If other sons ignore them, who will give their daughters their own sons and daughters? And is it expected that Julie will also service her sons by Scott as they, too, mature. Will Jessica do the same for her sons by Christopher? Will these husband-sons allow that sharing? By that time, in any event, neither woman will be of child-bearing age, therefore ending that cycle with abrupt finality.

Marriage for love is a quite recent development, being only a few hundred years old. Before that, marriages were about family alliances. There are pros and cons to the nuclear family idealized in the West and the group-family structure in much of the rest of the world. The near universal prohibition against incest is cultural, however, not due to biology. It's because people who marry their siblings or parents have no in-laws to provide help during lean times. Marriage was considered too important to leave to those getting married; such matches were arranged by the elders. And that's why divorce was almost unheard of, as often the families would pressure the couples to remain together, even if they were personally unsuited together. Becoming friends or even lovers with your spouse was bonus. These days, dependence on in-laws for survival is not an issue. But for thousands of years, it was a huge deal, vitally important to survival to the entire family group. Yes, royal families and rich people often broke the rule, as did families in isolation. But those were exceptions.

Interesting concept. Thanks for sharing. 5* Slainté

BigPopsBigPopsalmost 6 years ago
Thank you

for expressing a theory that I can agree with and hope that many readers agree, too.

Sensual without being over the top.

At the end, I wondered if Jessica and Julie would continue their own special relationship, too.

I believe this is the first of your stories I have read, but it will definitely not be the last.

goducks1goducks1almost 6 years ago
another great story

in a string of great stories!!! 5 stars. i liked the character development of Chris and his mom. Dialogue was very well written - as always. i did find the ending a little predictable because of the family picture on the Shrink's website - but all in all really terrific. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
NOt my favorite subject, but well written

5 stars for this author!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great!

My favorite story in the entire site.

Intelligently written with interesting characters, nice plot development and very believable (within the limits of the genre).

5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story sets up actually diagnosing the problems of today's young men real well. Then takes a sharp turn. No assertive woman inspires a man. Men fight and die in wars for women that inspire them to protect not women that henpeck. In addition you have to get around an oedipal relationship where the mom encourages her son to be a weak man and in exchange her son remains her baby. This story makes my guts crawl after the end of the Dr.'s first monologue.

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53over 1 year ago

lost me at female on female

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

lovely stort be even better in real life,mothers and sons making love together,sounds ideal,bet it happens more that people think,good for them hope they have a happy life together.

RandyashellRandyashell10 months ago

It was well written. It didn't excite me.

I have read very similar story before but the other story which I cannot remember the name had my heart beating out of my chest.

Mr_BradyMr_Brady8 months ago

An absolutely wonderful mother/son incestuous love story ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Bucks7T2Bucks7T24 months ago

WOW! Fabulous story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaryAnderson@MaryAnderson
I just posted Prom Night in which Josie Luker tells us about her did-not-go-exactly-as-planned senior prom. The major characters are: Josie Luker: a blonde high school senior; Cherokee Canseco: Josie’s best friend, Eric Luker: Josie's father Robert Canseco: Cherokee's dad: ...