All Comments on 'Stumpy and Olive'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 159 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent!!!

This one made my day. Would fit very well, if not even better, in the Humor/Satire-category. Nevertheless, thank you for many good laughs and very enjoyable reading - a real 'feel good' story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Best Ever

Best I ever read: funny and warm. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great read

Thanks for coming back to Lit with style. Thoroughly enjoyed this. Would love to see what happened to her Mom. She seemed like an interesting character. Thanks.

sanser6sanser6over 8 years ago
Dream on

What a wonderful story.

I guess this is what we all hoped and dreamed our relationship would be.

Well. Some have more luck than others, but some day hopefully.

fanfarefanfareover 8 years ago
reaching for the heights of romance

q1, congrats for creating such an amusing piece of skilled writing .

Yet_Another_UserYet_Another_Userover 8 years ago
A Great Story

It's rare to read an erotic story that is laugh-out-loud funny, touchingly romantic, and just plain hot all at once. I look forward to reading more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Now that's . . .

a wonderful, old-fashioned love story! Pure fantasy, of course, but delightfully done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Real Humour

and good writing

Thank you

HP

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
A Truly Loving and Funny Tale

You had me wishing that I could identify with Stumpy, but he was just too much for me!

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 8 years ago
I'll try to comment later

If I can stop laughing! This was beautiful AND funny.

GREAT JOB!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Outstanding!

A funny and romantic read Thanks Glad your back

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Where did THIS come from?

qhml1,

Not your usual fare but it was funny and it was good...actually it was great.

Nicely done and Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story

Loved your story. I actually enjoy your writings as a whole, keep up the good work.

The only criticism I would make and I do it reluctantly (because you are putting yourself on the line and opening yourself up for criticism which is a brave thing to do) is that in a place or two you forgot which gender you were in. In one you were speaking as Olive and referred to Stumpy as her. It just through me off for a second and interrupted the flow of the work. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Through or threw

Sorry for the spelling mistake forget the correct "threw"

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsover 8 years ago
AS USUAL IT WAS GREAT

Very original, funny, and enjoyable. Welcome back.

Wasted_RavenWasted_Ravenover 8 years ago
Loved It!

Funny and irreverent! Well done. A good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow!

That was a great romantic story and very original. You have the touch! Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fun, clever, and heart warming

Congrats. Hahaha, a fun, clever, heart warming story with a happy ending. Five out of five. Two very well written and totally believable characters. It is a pleasure to see you back on this site.

I really liked the structure of the initial email exchange as they try to out self-trash talk each other. This is a clever reversal of what people usually do during online dating which is exaggerate their high points. It is totally believable that two kindred souls would recognize each other's humour and react as they did and fall in love. I totally bought that.

Also the trick of making Stumpy taller than her despite his nickname was great.

Loved the look-aheads at the end to their long, happy life together.

And now for some constructive criticism. There were some pretty glaring spelling errors. And a couple of times I couldn't tell who was speaking. Also giving the Mom of your blind date a MILF ankle chain was a real stretch for me. He knows about his date's sense of humour, but extending it to her Mom would be really risky in real life.

This next criticism might seem weird. But everything in this story worked out too perfectly. I like happy endings. But on top of everything she makes junior partner? It was a bit much. While the two characters had their own inner worries, some obstacle for them to overcome to be together would have given the story a bit more emotional impact.

And I didn't really understand why his first wife cheated on him. Who would risk that lifestyle when he seems like such a great guy? I had to take a big bite out of the disbelief sandwich on that one even though I understand it is necessary to set up the plot.

But overall I am being picky and I realIy still loved the story and I look forward to more. Now I have to go check your for sale stories. If any are masterpieces like Boston to Birmingham they would be worth the cash. Cheers Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fun, fun, fun....love tall women in taller heals...

qhml1, thx and glad to see you back. What a fun story and a nice romance.

Imagine the power of the written word when courting !

A very fun story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Welcome back!

You may not know where this story came from, but I know where to put it; near the top of my favorite story list. Thank you, Mike

rnebularrnebularover 8 years ago
Good story but tough reading

Q gotta say I love most of your work and this story was a pleasant one. What made it tough to read was all of the point of view switching between the two main characters. It got confusing throughout and a few times I had to mentally switch back and reread a paragraph. Next time I would suggest better separation, or just use one point of view. Thanks and looking forward to your next one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Glad to see you back

We've been waiting for you thanks for a mother good one

yowietooyowietooover 8 years ago
An Excellent Story

I've greatly enjoyed your body of work and look forward to each new story.

This one is one of my favourites. Well Done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good laugh is always a good thing!

I laughed all through this clever (heck...ingenious) story. Romance and comedy: who'd a thunk it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
There is no Baldy.

The seven dwarfs are Doc, Sneezy, Sleepy, Happy, Bashful, Dopey, and Grumpy. Enjoyed the story anyway.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 8 years ago
Finest Kind

Very entertaining...thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This made me so happy

I LOVE your humorous romantic stories. Hit it out of the park. Please keep writing.

And if it isn't too much trouble, maybe finish the damn Houge Chronicles.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved it!

So refreshing, and a great read.

Sure hope your muse can dredge up another hilarious tale.

More, gimme more ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Glad you're back!!

Thanks for another great read... can't wait for more!!!!!!

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
thanks, that was fun to read

I truly appreciate the effort and skill you put into writing this story.

glad you are back, sorry about the complications you have been going through.

I look forward to riding along as you take us on your creative journey.

dyonysosdyonysosover 8 years ago
perfect

i'm sorry i can't give you 6 stars because this romantic and fun story is definitly worth it

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Absolutely wonderful......

.....and one of the most fun (and happy, joyful even) stories I ever read.

Congrats and 5*s.

OnethirdOnethirdover 8 years ago
Happy times

Very nice romance. The email courtship was a fine idea- please keep it up and keep spoiling your readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Echoes of all the rest, really glad your back. I have read all your stories many times and enjoyed them all. This one however is one of your best. I laughed out loud as I was reading the e-mails, and thought the whole story was great.

Thanks for all the great work

OldfatanduglyOldfatanduglyover 8 years ago
Summer Eve

Did they not realize that besides the grandmothers, they were naming their daughter after a douche? That would be hell to live down in middle school...

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
an interesting study in on line dating

the transition from absurdity to romance was a delight to follow

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Juicy ! Keep it up! 5x*

Excellent, original and topped by witty delectables dialogs and comments : I loved the phrasing when 'Olive' comment on if a woman ever has to search for motivation on shoping for shoes... Ha Ha Ha ! And of course the email unexpected courtship... Juicy ! Keep it up!

GoldGamblerGoldGamblerover 8 years ago

What a GREAT story!

SoMikeSoMikeover 8 years ago
Is it a good story...

...if you're laughing through most of the chapters, and you're grinning at the end like a drunken stevedore standing--sandwich-like--between two of the juiciest dolls to ever fly in from the planet Brunette and Redhead? Yes, yes I would say it is.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
SATIRE WINS THE BRASS RING

where others fail to tread/ TK U MLJ LV NV

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 8 years ago
Good read with humor!

Yes I smiled at the humor and laughed a few times. Glad I was home if out or at work people would have thought I was crazy the way I was laughing. Very good reading experience. I must have missed this when it came out so getting caught up. Thank you for writing and sharing. Please keep writing and I will keep reading

GentlemanBastardGentlemanBastardabout 8 years ago
Great story

It's harder writing good comedy then tragedy. Majority of people find the same things sad or recognize the bad things happening... Wife cheating, marriage destroyed, husband belittling his wife. Comedy on the other hand is not as universal. Writing something that makes a lot of people laugh is art. And while this was more of a romantic story and it hit on that front as well it was the humor I found best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Best of the Best!

Second read and just as enlightening and funny as the first! You have a way with the words!

Cajun Land Guy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Laugh Out Loud

Don't know how I missed this when it first appeared, because it is a hoot! Screamingly funny at times, and exquisitely tender at others. And I like that the girl in the story is a big girl, rather than a waif. And Amber sounds sexy as hell. Good work.

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
Great

Sexy,funny and romantic this story has all the ingredients for a very good read

qhml1 you are truly a magician with words,thx for sharing

5 very well earned stars

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 8 years ago
Great change of pace

Nobody can accuse you of telling the same story over and over. This was a surprise, and I loved everything about it! Great characters, a simple plot, clever emails to carry us along, and a wonderful feel-good ending.

Thank you.

Hans

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Such a fun read

While you've been one of my favorite authors, I've avoided this particular story because the title did not sound appealing. My mistake - I should have known that you are a consummate story teller and couldn't fail to enjoy it.

ontheroadforeverontheroadforeveralmost 8 years ago
That's what I get...

I thought this might not be a good story...shoulda known better! Sorry, Q...this one is funny as hell and as good as the rest...

JohnFreeJohnFreealmost 8 years ago
You have a gift

You have a gift, so, thank you sooo much for sharing it with us!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great work

Please keep it up. This was one of the best stories you, or anyone else has posted here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
refreshing

For once I could not agree more with the other comments. This was tale which I was able to live, a true demonstration of the story tellers art.Five stars was not enough!!

Rickman48Rickman48over 7 years ago
This was FUN!

This was just a really FUN read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fun Fun Fun

Deserved more than 5 stars. Loved it! :-)

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951about 7 years ago
Thank You

I had tears rolling I was laughing so hard at the first sets of emails. One of the all-time best!

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 7 years ago
Entirely too funny!

For that matter, Entirely too perfect!

I didn't believe a word, but I sure love it!

SkinTicklerSkinTickleralmost 7 years ago
Lots of fun

But a little attention to detail could have made it a lot better. Changing from he to she in midsentence was bad enough, but the twins only being 16 years old TWENTY TWO years after she got pregnant was a rookie mistake. Enjoyed the story, but the writing left much to be desired.

tlenotlenoalmost 7 years ago
A Nice Story To Read Without Having To Anticipate What Might Be Around The Corner

I appreciate to no end when I can read a story without the worry of the author trying to come up with a twist designed to shock and awe the reader whether it works or not. It's nice to read a story that flowed together so naturally. Thanks very much for that. Definitely will be a favorite reread. Also the author is in my favorites now. I want to see what's up for the future and look into the past.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
Absolutely fun!

This has been the second reading of this story and I still look wonderfully funny.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Brilliant

Brilliant need more like this

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 6 years ago
Perfect

Couldn't stop laughing and came to love your characters. Please keep writing; it is a pleasure to read your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Standby Favorite

This is a story that I always come back to Great humor and romance too. Thanks Q you are the best. Gramps52

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 6 years ago
Stumpy lovin'

Damn this is so good.

loragassloragassover 6 years ago
Double WHAMMIE'S

Oh you gotta love em. Hilarious!! And all the loving you need!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
learn sometimg

I gave this story only a 4 star because of some very obvious research failures. 42C boobs are in fact small. The number in a bra size is the band size not the measurement over the largest part of the bust!!! Don't worry, most male writers fuck up that detail and it destroys the image.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Annon. is nuts

who cares about "band Size". This is a ********** story. M y late wife was a 36DD ( I looked after she passed away) but a loser as a lover. Size means 0000. But this story was 10 Star all the way. JustJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
wow

I have read many of the stories on this site and I do not believe that " one of the best" does, in fact do justice to this tale. i can honestly state that this is the best that I've read to date.

WwkougarWwkougarover 5 years ago
Hilarious

The email banter between Stumpy and Olive was top notch. Very clever writing. One of my favourite all time stories. Keep it up!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I LOVE LOVE....

And this story captures all of the wonderful world of true, meaningful love. Neither of these people had experienced it before chance stepped in to deliver what everyone truly wants. Deep, meaningful, one on one connection that bonds for life.

This is my new favorite on the site.

I'll still look for the ultimate btb and her boyfriend but that's because I want to punish anyone who tarnishes what this story puts forth. I'd like to know that they have their occasional arguments like any couple so that we know that they're real but in the end be so devoted and committed to the vows they make they'd never consider betrayal, disrespect and humiliation of the other party to the agreement.

LwcbyLwcbyabout 5 years ago
I Love This Story

One I'd my favorites the only one thatcomes close is jessie and the tornado

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 5 years ago
Fifth read and still love it!

Almost fall over laughing reading the Stumpy and Olive email exchange.

ian0452ian0452almost 5 years ago
Masterful

Yet another masterful story well written and so funny

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well,well,well - fart flavoued petrol !!

There must be pills you can take to cure composing emails of such disgusting merriment, but I don't want to know where to buy them from!

Five pointy things for being able to end such a hilarious start in such a humane way!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
ROFLMAO

Damned cute and entertaining and still had some gratifying sex thrown in. Wonderful story and the height of all those folks was a pleasantly touch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another Good One

I really enjoyed this one. The characters were fun. I come from a family of tall people. In my youth I had several aunts and uncles that dwarfed my 6'2" and my 6' sister. Thanks for a really feel good fun story about tall people. 5*

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
LMAO!!!

My kinda woman!!! Funny, sexy, and knows who to call when horny!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
nit picking.

If you had only used it once I would have ignored it but I've seen it in several of your stories. There is no T in prenup. Still gave you 5 stars because you don't get to see all the spelling and/or grammatical errors that I make. Cree Galt

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Love it! Must be at least the 3rd read but could not give 3 X 5 stars!

This is undoubtedly the most humorous story on this site and there are many. Funny and plenty of flirting sex etc. I only wish it were a much longer story! BTW: I occasional see somethings that make be stop and say that does or make sense or maybe spelling or punctuation, but this is a free site, no charge for reading these stories. So thanks for your fiction and best wishes. May you and many of my other funny authors have a long and pleasant life.... and keep the stories coming!

Stay safe! Baton Rouge Cajun Guy

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Multiple reads still LOVE IT

I am not overly fond of pure romance stories but, this is one of if not THE best I have read. Thank you for this humorous feel good story. Needs some minor editing. Still a solid 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I have to agree with lukeshort

I think many of the romance stories are pretty lame, but this one had me in stitches! I really think it belongs in the humor category. I have never laughed so hard when I have been all by myself.

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 3 years ago
Really fun

I loved the email exchanges, the structure and setup of the story was wonderfully imaginative, and the characters were well defined and compelling. You always do wonderful work, and this is no exception.

My one complaint would be that you went a bit too far on the height bit. Having a sister who's seven feet tall means she would be one of only a handful of such women in the world, and would likely, as is the case with most of them, have a relatively short lifespan. Overall, there are supposedly fewer than three thousand people worldwide who are seven feet or taller, and only a handful are women. I think you could have gotten the same effect without, umm, stretching it out quite so much.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

Very good for a "I don't know where this came from story" had a pretty good snicker or two.

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 3 years ago
I Don't Care

Where this came from just that it did. I have one question, do they play basketball? Our Spurs are really coming along, but I'm sure Pop would still welcome some help.

Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wonderful 💋💋💋💋

What a wonderful and great story as always. Definitely another five star ✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟 ratings. Thank you for your story.

Ali Singapore

zdesertkidzdesertkidalmost 3 years ago

Extremely entertaining as usual!!!

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Nice

Nice change to read a story with a lot of humour in it

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Very good. Enjoyed another read of yours! Thank-you

Cracker270Cracker270almost 3 years ago

Damn but that is a good story. Thanks

ArtemisjbArtemisjbalmost 3 years ago

Did you seriously name that child after the douche product, Summer’s Eve?

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

The story was brilliant! Any of us suffering the horrors of those awful dating sites, have thought more than once about creating a similar profile. Thanks for endless laughs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not gonna lie, I spit tea everywhere at the burnt bacon comment. Great job.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Simply brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

what a lovely story

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

Very enjoyable read. Humorous and lighthearted with serious undertones. 5*

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Great premise to the story and the characters are deep and rich.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How a man who writes such great stories comes up with the worst titles! I know it is logical after reading it, hence the problem! It was a great, humorous tale - with a better title this could have been my 5th read instead of the first! Thanks Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

God I LOVE your stuff...!!! Funny full and rich characters, off the wall plot....and one of your many outstanding romantic stories at its heart. Great...NO....its OUTSTANDING!!.... Like a cow...Out Standing In the Field...!!!

JakeDraper29JakeDraper29over 2 years ago

After reading angsty romances, something this hilarious was sorely needed

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn you have a vivid imagination and great writing ability ( in my mind anyways ) THANK YOU !!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories