All Comments on 'Sudden Shock'

by curious2c

Sort by:
  • 131 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Good story

Much better than the some of of your other stuff...

No forced reconciliation.... after the awful vile evil things the ex did

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 18 years ago
One of your best stories

Sad, but then very romantic. Good read; well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
The pinnacle of laziness

The repeating of "STD" ad nauseam -- fifteen times in the first half-page! -- was just intolerable. No doctor says, "Gee, bud, looks like you've got VD," all the while failing to mention any specifics. Would it have killed you to take two minutes to pick an actual diagnosis?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Brilliant

This is one of the best stories for some time.You really got inside the characters minds,and the story seemed natural and not forced as so many on this site often are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
it was a good story

you will have naysayer whatever you do.remember if you don't do anything,people can talk about you.keep writing your stories.

Orion623Orion623about 18 years ago
A very good effort

The premise was believable as well as the adultry resulting in divorce. With the exception of the wife, who was not on stage very long, all of the characters were well developed.

I enjoyed your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Excellent

Very well written. Kept my attention for sure. Great job.

SalamisSalamisabout 18 years ago
A nympho's collateral damage

This wife did a lot of damage to her family because of her behavior. The story left me wondering if she was suffering from some form of mental illness. Even so, you told the story well from the perspective of loved ones caught in the wake of her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A good one

I thought the story was good, however I would have liked more of the family and Janice interaction.

louguy35louguy35about 18 years ago
Really Well done!

Curious2c, it is a real pleasure to read a story that was so well constructed, that developed the characters, and that came to an appropriate conclusion. Interesting throughout, the story itself was enjoyable to read...and you did what many other writers on Lit.com fail to do, for some reason. You FINISHED the story. You wrote an ending that was a fitting close to a good story. Thanks for your commitment to both your reader and to your story.

Please give us more stories as well written as this one.

Cheers!

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Good story

A very good tale well written I thought with some good sex, too. Talking to his kids was like talking to adults, but not quite the boys at the bar.

I thought it was kinda nice to tell that the ex-wife was happy now. I mean he is fairly delirious, so maybe it's only fair?

We know the young people know all about it but they usually don't voice their thoughts on the subject to their dad. Sarah is different. Kids all sound great, in spite of the disruption in their family.

Love the happy ending.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
This was just damn good all around

What more can I say but thank you thank you!

with respect

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Geezz

What's with all the articles here about thoughtless cheating wives. First of all, its usually husbands that stray, and yes, I'm one of those. Second, its unlikely that the wife would do something like that virtually in front of the children. It seems as if these stories are wishful thinking by married men who would like to live out the fantasy (without guilt) of meeting someone like the rich and glamorous woman such as the one described here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Good work

Nice little story, this. Main focus being on how he copes after a messy break-up, an aspect that isn't always covered well (a lot of writers seem to slip into the "she's the only woman for me so I'll take her back in spite of her fucking most of the state" pothole). I liked this in how it protrayed a man getting on with his life without an "undying love" holding him back (which, according to some pshrinks, is a total fallacy - average lifespan of "love" is quite short). Also a good perspective on how intimidating the dating process can be for many men - no unstoppable James Bond stud this, an attractive man trying hard to work out how to relate to the women in his life.

I thought the daughter offering herself was a bit far-fetched though. I would have thought her first option would be to set her father up with some woman - incest taboos are very strong.

In my not-so-humble opinion you've got space here to expand on the first page a bit - outline the reasons behind the initial divorce, events leading up to it, more detail on the actual process of the seperation etc. Maybe as a prequel from her POV. That's purely optional though, you could just as easily leave this one as a standalone piece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very Impressive Author - A Story Teller

As in the case of over 50% of marriages this one wasn't repairable as it was too grevious an affront to normal human sensibilities. It affected the entire family in its extreme as is the case in some real life circumstances that I am aware of.

Kudo's Author! This complete story was very well conceived and smoothly delivered. It flowed with believability and personal depth as well for each primary and supporting character.

It was the best and most believable work you have done to date and among the best done here in this emotional theme.

I, and we from the comments and scores, look forward at interval to your imagination and talent for the arousing entertainment that a Story Teller can weave.

With Very High Regard

Kanga40Kanga40about 18 years ago
I really enjoyed this story

top marks as well from me.

The plot was well thought out and the separation inevitable from the described behaviour of the wife.

In the 'old days' I would have marked this down a bit because the wife's behaviour was way too overstated - as mentioned by some others in comments here.

You really could have had them part even with the wife only 50% of the slut she was portrayed - bringing home the boyfriend was truly just too far over the top for credibility.

But, it seems after about 6 years of beating the same drum, all I, and several others say on this topic, is falling on deaf ears with all authors. Seems no one can help digging the wife in way too deep - it seems all wives are hopelss sluts, so it's pointless penalising authors for a fault which seems way beyond their capability to control.

MinigalesMinigalesabout 18 years ago
Impressive

When I reached the end of the first page and saw the number of pages, I thought he is going to find a way to put them back together as has become the trend lately. I am very glad you did not. That was a very good story.

Keep it up. Thanks.

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 18 years ago
WELL, Fuck me to tears!

Shit! Mark this on your calendar. A great story with characters, a happy ending, no 12 inch beer can dicks, no cucholding, wimping, cruelty, incest,beastiality, BDSM, or pseudopsychology. Just a good story well written.

I must have accidentally gone to the wrong sie. Is this Literotica?

Regards,

C

txrosenaynaytxrosenaynayabout 18 years ago
i must agree.........

this story had it all even with all the down and nasties...great people story and really hit close to home...reminded me of my teenage years when almost the same thing happened within my family without the STD of course. It sure makes a kid grow up fast and it was good to see the eldest mature in a healthy fashion without some major head trauma. Wonderful story and great ending even with the ending being the last final with the wedding etc...it flowed so well even thru the end....keep up the excellent work and thanks for allowing us to read you. truly enjoyed this one. respectfully fan in TExas naynay

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
Good

Gee everyone else has said it ... this is a very good story Ienjoyed it

FireFox59FireFox59about 18 years ago
Me Too

I'll have to agree with Chagrined...I must be at the wrong site!!! LOL!!! After some God awful stories lately this is excellent!!! THANK YOU!!!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 18 years ago
This was a pleasure to read!

I lack the descriptive abilities of Chagrined, but suffice it to say this was a real nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Second and Third What Was Said

Peace and a peace of mind --- and even love --- can be found by NOT returning to the person who swapped bodily fluids with strangers and gave you nasty bugs, which make you penise feel like it was gonna explode when you piss!

A strong, decent, loving, and FORGIVING man (and a woman, too, if the shoe were on the other foot) is someone who can, at a certain critical juncture, look into the other person's eye, unblinking, and said something like:

"I have loved you completely and thought I was blessed with the most loving and faithful life partner. As you can see, we all make mistakes in our thinking... Suffice it to say, that love shall never again be given to you, whether you are dead or alive, here next to me or 10,000 miles away. From today on, I will not spend one minute thinking about you, or what you do. I wish you the best and a long happy life, despite how we may come to part company..." and WALK AWAY WITHOUT LOOKING BACK, wishing if you could "go back in time" (for a repeat of such heinous crime against you)!! lol

sherlock40sherlock40about 18 years ago
An excellent story.

Obviously the first wife didn't love her husband anymore and wanted something or someone new. Thank you for not getting them back together no matter what the cost to the husband.

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Nicely done

It had all of the elements and proceeded logically from a startling discovery to a satisfying ending. Very well done.

bgtrkdrvrbgtrkdrvrabout 18 years ago
awesome

3 pages worth of comments,all rated 100%,..except for that one idiot who got offended because you said STD instead of going into detail about,and naming a disease,..the disease is in his head if he thought going into details on that point wouldn't have done anything but detract from the story.

Excellent story,..well written,happy ending,even wrapped up loose ends by telling what the ex was up to,..even though she was a most hated nemesis in the story,all good stories need one.

Had all the elements necessary,and in the right order too,the only part I found lacking was when Susan came out naked when he was fully dressed,and they "hadn't even done any petting",I would have had them get steamy and work up to getting naked together,..by her coming out naked it's like Sarah must have said something to her about her dad and Amy having done it,so she better hurry up and nail him so he doesn't get away.

But you are most definitely a great writer.

fdkman262fdkman262about 18 years ago
Didn't Anyone Notice the Inconsistencies??

I agree with just about all of the comments, except for the STD guy but I'm surprised no one mentioned the inconsistencies in the story. Just because the story was well written doesn't mean we shouldn't point out areas that we feel might need improvement.

First is the STD issue. Since Jim was given an STD by his loving wife why, when he first has sex with a woman after two years does he not even mention the word condom before having sex with Amy who was certainly NOT celibate? I would think this guy would be wearing two condoms before getting near anything resembling a pussy!

Second, doesn't it seem repetitive to have both Amy and Susan use the exact same method to give poor old Jim a clue they want to jump him? It seems to show a lack of originality to do this.

Third, since Susan was rich and the author made such a big deal of it I'd have liked to know where the family lived once Jim and Susan got married. I have a pretty good guess since I can't see Susan selling the mansion to move in with Jim but I'd like to know how Jim dealt with being a "kept man" or did her money not bother him?

This was a really good story but I think it could have been better

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 18 years ago
If not shock, I could use some more surprise

Congratulations to the author on the wave of approving reviews. You certainly did more than few things right to get that reaction from a crowd which does not hesitate to be very honest.

Bound by honesty, I felt that your story was fine, but after the exit of the horrible wife (see Kanga’s POV on the wife’s character depiction, which I have been sharing here and elsewhere), the story went on in a very predictable path. By the name of the story and its length, I was expecting some sort of added layer of meaning to the word shock, or at least surprise or some twist, but it was not there. The degree of predictability, and even some repetitions (which others have mentioned), took away some of the fun from my reading. Nothing that you could not overcome in future writings though.

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 18 years ago
This was a superlative tale!!!!

A really well written story with an excellent plot well deserving of the plethora of positive comments. All the characters, except for Janice, were good, loving, supportive people helping Jim to get over the betrayal and to stabilise his life and the lives of his equally betrayed children. The author has not adequately explained Janice’s reasons for her heinous act of betrayal, even allowing her children to see her ‘fucking like a bitch in heat’. While I usually prefer a “happy ending” this marriage could not be saved, as the wife’s acts were an affront to her husband, her children and to her marriage. I thought the daughter offering herself was an affront to our sensibilities and unnecessary. Altogether an excellent tale!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
In the correct category?

I enjoyed your 'well written' story, but think it was in the wrong category. "Loving Wives", it wasn't!

Thank you for your hard work, regardless!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
peatbog said it well!

What can I add? Just a well written tale with great characterization.

I can't think of anything worse that to get an STD from a spouse!

Regards, DJ

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
great story from this author

hard to believe curious2c did NOT write a story that sucked shit on toast. So many of this authors stories do

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Great Work curious2c

I thought the your story was well written i loved the remark that the daughter made about the 70s bit when she said the last time he went out on a date that was a gas great job keep up the good work.

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Why?

I know from reading some of your other work, that you are a fine writer, but I gave up reading this on page 2 primarily and soley because I am so tired of plots in which the husband is portrayed as such a bumbling idiot. In this story for example after years of being a successful business man he can't get two words together to ask Amy for a date and then acts like a total dummy when he meets Susan for dinner. Is this really necessary?

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
great story

A story that could be real,not some outlandish fantasy like

some other stories on this board.

OleTroubadorOleTroubadoralmost 16 years ago
AAHHH - - romance!

You are a romantic and write great stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
ex

he is where and with whom he belongs and the ex, does she have the demons return with the other guy? at least here, there was a good ending for him

Leto DegeneresLeto Degeneresover 15 years ago
So nice

I really needed this. Another Loving Wives story brought back so many demons that I had to put it aside. This went a long way toward reminding me that things can be normal again. A good read. Delightful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I loved this story! IF I had ever gotten VD from

a spouse that person had best not be in the state when I found out! One thing that caught my eye was a comment by one reviewer that said mostly it was men that cheat. I wondered how that can be. Did he mean men cheat with men and the stats are skewed? Did he mean men cheat only with single females? Perhaps that persono thought women only cheated with other women and men cheat with only men and single women. If you disregard the gay/lez involvement with married people, take them out of the count, I would imagine about the same percentage of men and women cheat with single people. Having said that how does one explain that more men cheat than women? It would seem that the percentages would be almost the same and possibly favor women. But one has to consider it is much easier for a woman to attract men, than for men to attract women. Therefore one might consider more men cheat when you find fewer women fuck more men, like in gangbangs. Anyway, how does one determine the number of men and women that cheat? Is it taken from divorce stats in no fault states? Is it determined by women talking to researchers in womens magazines? Is it done by blind sampling questions asked at random to the general population? And how do you get over the fact that we all tend to paint the other person in a worse light than ourselves? My personal guess, which in this case seems as good as anyone elses. is that the percentages are about the same with more women than men being involved. I personally had rather ask the question, is marriage any longer a realistic contract, since divorces are so high and the stats usually show that more than 50% cheat.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
very well put together

My only complaint is that it would have been better classified as a romance. The Loving wife bit is just an Introit to the romantic stories and the background for the new relationships...

bostonbornbostonbornover 14 years ago
great story

very good story would like to have read more about

the former wifes behavioor and how she got the way she was

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
A nice little tale.

I enjoyed it. Thank you for a really good story.

Orionman17Orionman17about 14 years ago
I agree - good story . . . great read.

I would have liked to have more explanation of the wife's behavior and point of view for better understanding. I'm sure that a faithful wife can become a slut overnight, but I would also like to think there would be some reason. Of course the reason could be as simple as she likes variety in cocks and lovers. And unless the couple agrees to an open marriage, then why stay married, or get married in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Orionmann

We were given an explanation for the x cheating. She claimed he was away too much (one night a month?) and that she went girls night out with a single friend and they got picked up by two guys and...duh - just sorta happened. From there, she liked the strange stuff.

Interesting, that when she was still living at home trying to work it out, she actually brought another guy in and screwed him right in front of the children. I guess, she was psychologically driven to the thrill and past being concerned about integrity - the sex was hot and she wanted it!

Good story. Thanks!

CurtisNeeleyCurtisNeeleyabout 13 years ago
Wow!

Great story. It was super but it would be better if the guy had just a regular size cock so more guys could feel in tune. Other than that, I loved it!

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
thank you c2

it's about damn time you have a husband man up and get rid of that cheating slut.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
SHOCK TREATMENT

is good for all psychos. TK U MLJ LV NV

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Well, the 1st part was sort of a story,

but all of the rambling that followed made me wonder where you were going with all this. His hook ups with the other women seemed quite inconsequential.

Seriously though, I was hoping that when you had his daughter discussing sexual innuendo with dad, that he would direct her towards some kind of counseling. If you didn't intend that she had been damaged by witnessing her mother's trysts, then what were you getting at? Were you leaning towards incest?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
bull

why in all these stories do they all have huge cock,makes me wonder why the wifecheated if they are huge and good in bed,sounds like bull to me

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
he was too easy on the bitch.

Another loser, he was too easy on the bitch. I mean a woman gives u a STD and you want to be fair to her in divorce? such men deserve AIDS. When you try to be nice to a woman who gives u an STD.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Damn I wish...

... that the total freaks on this site would go act out their issues somewhere else. Here we have a short account of a husband who absolutely does not tolerate his wife's adultery, followed by a long love story between two nice people, and some guy comes on and says that because the husband had a sense of honor about the divorce, HE SHOULD GET AIDS. That's what freakazoid got out of this whole long, well-written story. I'm sorry, that's not normal.

LW has become an internet hangout for the mentally ill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Yeah

I agree with the other anon that the Karan person is messed up for wishing him aids, that is totally deranged. As the story goes I agree that he was too easy on her. I understand that she has been his life partner and mother of his children, but she totally betrayed him and was playing russian roulette with his life. She shot him with bird shot, but it could have been an armor piercing cop killing bullet. That showed a total disregard for her husband. She obviously was concerned with getting her rocks off than the mental health and welfare of her children, selfish bitch.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Enjoyed it?

Thanks for sharing.

saratusaratuover 11 years ago
not my first time on this story,

and it is still a fine read well deserving of five stars.

Jim44444Jim44444over 11 years ago
Realistic story line

The story depicted how most men would react to the situation. They would not go ballistic and get violent. Those that do are called prisoners. Most men would tell her to get out and would be fair for the sake of the kids. This was a grat story. I wonder why the author has quit writing/posting stories?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Great Tale

An honest to goodness tale which seems as real as any I've read. Well written and very believable.

phd70phd70over 11 years ago
Good Story

Enjoyed the strong support from his children and his great, caring and nurturing relationship with them. Hard to understand the wife's erratic, unthinking sexual antics in front of her children, with no thoughts of STS or HIV. Would have preferred a little more time and attention to his relationship development with Susan. But I felt positive about the world after finishing the story and for me that's important after reading a story about cheating. Thanks. Would like to see the author write again. Dan

Alaska84Alaska84about 11 years ago
Very nice

I just got around to reading ths story a second time. Love it, thank you.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago

Just read a second time. A classic.

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
Excellent story

The story was enjoyable. I felt sorry for the ex wife who seemed to have mental health issues. It's a tough call because mental health is health. Happy ending enjoyed it thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story

But happily ever after is for Disney tales. I enjoyed this story as it conveyed the emotions of the people in a very real manner. Not to be nit picky, but some proof reading in a few spots would help.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
WTF

A grown man who goes to an OB/GYN for treatment? As Judy T would say; It could happen

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
boring stuff

everyone is happy

all troubles are gone

slut wife happy too

crap

1 starr

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nicely done

I like to see the occasional story in this category with a happy ending, not every story about a cheating spouse should end with vengeance. Vengeance may seem satisfying in a story, but elaborate revenge fantasies are just as unrealistic as happily-ever-after endings. And in real life, that kind of grudge-holding can destroy you from the inside.

I think the daughter offering herself was way, way off the rails, though. I almost stopped reading. Other than that, well-written and entertaining.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
date at the yacht club ?

That would have been a start which would have also been the end.

Seemed too much like a deliberate attempt to make Jim uncomfortable.

Surprising that his daughter did not do a better job preparing Susan for dating her father, if she really wanted it to work.

Would have seemed more likely that he looked for someone else and not dated Susan.

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago
Only ***

Here you go and write a five page story with a short intro on the wife's cheating and a few pages about the husband's return to dating, but you only use the past few paragraphs for the conclusion. Honestly, this ending felt so terribly rushed that it left me unfulfilled. This story should have been worth at least 4 or maybe 5 stars, but with the sloppy way you ended it, I can't in good conscience reward you with that high a score.

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
How did I miss this one?

Hubby was right to kick Wifey out, ESPECIALLY after she had sex with another man while her kids were in the house! As far as I could see, she had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It's sad to think that there really are women out there that are that fuckin' stupid, but unfortunately it's true.

5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Just another Worthless loser husband

And a hateful Cunt wife. The story lost all credibility when the loser wimp said he still loved her. NO FUCKING WAY IN HE'LL would anyone still love their spouse after what this Cunt did. Everything after that statement is just blah blah blah. What crap!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Third time through ...

And I didn't quite enjoy it as much. Amazing, given my previous comments. This tale is stunted. It ends too quickly, skipping over all the juicy details. The wife disappears and is an afterthought. Not exactly sure what the point of this tale is. She cheats. He throws her out. He chooses between two new women. End of story. No real drama. He apparently is Gods gift to women, yet inexplicably couldn't keep his wife from screwing around. Do we know why? Nope. Author shut us out.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Nice

Read it again. Again another stupid cheating cunt cheats on her loving, faithful husband and this time infects him with her disease. Luckily he met another and lived happily ever after. Unluckily the cheater got help and married again. I hoped her life would be totally miserable. Oh well.

gara5289gara5289over 9 years ago

felt very incomplete. the cheating wife part was super brief and then the rest seemed to be a sex heavy romance. Felt like you meshed two different stories together or a part 1 and a part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow... Sitcom LW story

From the bumbling dad that somehow is from the 70's with socialization from the 50's even though for a 2006 story he would have had to have been married in the 90's to the too cute wise cracking and much too smart kids.

I'm surprised the main character wasn't names Ward.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Not a bad story!

Unfortunately, it dredges up memories of my own ex. It was mentioned more than once in this story but people can't imagine how important the word 'trust' is. It is everything. You can't have a mate, a partner, a rock to lean against that you KNOW is going to be there, if you can't trust them.

My girlfriend all through school, from junior high almost throughout high school was everything I ever wanted. She wasn't particularly popular, but she was a varsity cheerleader every year. Athletic, fun to be around and very nice to look at. She would let me pet her, even getting my fingers wet a few times but she stopped it there, telling me she would go to our wedding bed a virgin. That was good enough for me, until I wasn't 'it' for her. She dumped me without warning and for years, never knew why.

Within a few weeks she was hanging on another guy's arm. Before the end of her junior year it was common knowledge he was banging her regularly, a few kids had actually saw them doing it. One was my best friends girlfriend and she mentioned it casually before knowing how much Karli meant to me. It was no big deal for Karli to be at a party with Tom and all the sudden in a corner she'd be pulling her pants down and Tom would do her in front of everyone. I was just sick.

Fast forward a few years and I was working a construction job. Stopping off at the local diner, I found Karli waiting on me. Turned out, old Tom had cheated on her a few times and she shitcanned him, moved on to another guy, Bill, who smacked her around. One thing led to another and after a few weeks, Karli was relieving me of my cherry status. Yep, 20 years old and I was still a virgin. And back in love with her. Another year and I was marrying the leavings of a couple other guys.

Two years into our marriage and Karli was talking about it was time to go off the pill and we'd start a family. I was uneasy about it, she still had a wild streak and was always wanting me to take her to parties, something I couldn't do when I got up at 4am each morning. Saturdays were to catch up on my sleep and Sundays were to catch up on things needing done around the apartment. I was scrimping and saving, trying to save enough money for a down payment of a cute little house we'd both fell in love with. Working for my parents construction company, my mom was withholding all my overtime and putting it in a special account, drawing a high interest. It was adding up fast.

Then one Thursday night after I got home from work, I was informed of a party the next night and it was my duty to make sure she went. We were finishing a job that day and we'd be working late, I got a bonus along with the OT that would go into my secret account, putting us close to that much needed down payment. When I told Karli I couldn't do it, I probably wouldn't be home from work at 6 when the party started, she flipped out. When she began throwing Tom, her old lover, in my face, telling me he wouldn't have had a problem, I knew there was trouble in paradise. She informed me she would take herself and she'd be home when she damned pleased. It was a cold few hours before we went to bed and then it was me by myself, I had to be in bed by 8 or 9 in order to get up at 3:30 and leave by 4am.

I got myself out of bed that morning. I couldn't find my cell phone and after almost giving up, looked in my wife's purse to see if she had picked it up. No she hadn't, but what I did find told me our marriage was over. A roll of condoms, a different style than I used with her. Karli had went off the pill and I was using rubbers to not get her pregnant. She supposedly wanted a baby so she told me she would be ready when I was. Not anymore, from me that is! I pulled out a pin from the drawer and stuck 2 holes in each and every one of them. Then I left for work, finding my cell phone in the work truck.

That evening, I was on cloud nine when I headed home. The bonus was bigger than I suspected and the down payment for the house was about big enough. Hoping against hope that Karli was at home, my heart sunk when she wasn't. I knew, I just knew. Not even changing my clothes, I got back into my truck and headed for the lake where the party was going to be held. Parking back a ways, I walked on in and looked around for my wife. I finally spotted her on the far side of the fire, at the edge of darkness, sitting on her cheating ex's lap, swapping spit. If I saw something like that, I'd already made up my mind what I was going to do.

Staying back in the shadows, holding a beer to blend in, I pulled out my cell phone, took a few photos and then switched it to video. It wasn't long and her blouse was unbuttoned and without a bra on, Tom was playing with her tits and pulling on her nipples harder and harder. He knew better than I did apparently, pulling on her nipples was the key to spreading her knees. Soon enough he had his hands inside her shorts and by the movement of his wrist and the look on her face, he was rubbing her clit about to make her cum. It was all on camera and other were sitting and watching too, some just from the corners of their eyes.

I was just about sick when she reached into her pocket and handed him something. It was a rubber. He just fished his cock out of the fly of his pants and she dropped her own shorts and panties off, then got on her knees and he mounted her right there in front of everyone. I had it on video and even moved in closer when most everyone else did too. They were putting on a show. When I saw the battery was about to go dead, I turned my phone back to photos. Then after getting it ready, I snapped a few more of her face and where his cock was going in, then just walked away. From my wife, my life and my future. Stopping at the house for a little bit, I ran off a couple pictures and pinned them to the living room wall. Then I loaded up the little bit of stuff and wanted and drove to my parents house.

Karli started calling my phone about 1 in the morning. That must have been when Tom dropped her off and she saw the pictures. She was bawling through her messages and she sounded pretty drunk too. I told my folks I needed a few weeks off and it worked out perfectly before the next one started. I drove upstate to my Uncles place and stayed with him, pouring my heart out. We drank a lot of beer, solved world problems but never did figure out cheater cunt women. He had had the same basic thing happen to him too.

I ended up staying with Uncle Jack. Karli wouldn't quit calling my phone and I refused to talk to her. Her apologies got old to listen to. But I did call my folks up to do me a big favor and they promised they would. About four months after I went to Uncle Jacks, my folks called me with some bad news, bad to Karli anyway, she was pregnant and telling everyone it was mine. They were worried there would be a grandchild from the whore and they would never get to see it, although Karli really liked my folks. They wanted me to come back, it seemed like everyone thought I ran out on her. After thanking Uncle Jack for his help, I headed south to my new home.

Mom and Dad bought the little house using the money from my secret account. They put a little extra of their own with it and that gave me 50% down after they really dickered the owners down. It was only 1200 square feet, but it was 4.5 acres, enough for critters and a garden with room left over. It was going to be perfect for a bachelor! The place was ready for me to move in, not only had my folks taken all my stuff over there, but went hog wild at the Goodwill and buying everything I needed! There was even an old wood framed bed with brand new box springs and mattress!

Karli was still working at the little restaurant. She had to, I'd called and cancelled my name on our lease and she had to take it over completely. I watched for a few days and sure enough, I saw Tom hanging around. So he was still banging her, just as I suspected. She was getting pretty big, Karli was a tiny thing, 5' nothing and less than 100lbs. A big belly really stuck out on her.

It was her mom who saw I was back in town and flagged me down at the store, really laying into me about leaving her daughter. After taking her abuse for a while, with a crowd beginning to gather, I finally pulled out my phone and played her a little video. Her face turned white and she began to cry and apologize. I explained what happened, I was just working hard and late to buy us a house and (pointing to the video) that was what it got me. Mrs. Krause was devastated. Then she brought up the baby and asked what I was going to do and was taken aback when I said absolutely nothing. She was sad when I told her the baby wasn't mine, it was Tom Clevenger's and she might want to get used to her grandchild having Clevenger as its last name.

Karli and her mom demanded we have a sit down discussion. So I invited them over to my new place, my parents were there too. When they pulled up and Karli got out, looking around the little place, I saw a tiny little smile on her face. That was going to be wiped off pretty quickly. We invited the two of them in, gave them a short tour and then sat at the big table. Mom made sure everyone had something to drink before we started. Karli was just staring at me and waited.

Mrs. Krause started things out. She said Karli admitted what she did, it was a mistake and wrong, but I needed to man up and take her back for the baby. It couldn't be raised in a single parent household. I allowed she was right and that set Karli smiling, I could damn near see her measuring the windows for new drapes. That smile was wiped right off when I mentioned I wasn't the father and Karli began stuttering. It was my turn to smile when I mentioned I'd seen the condoms in her purse that morning, a type I didn't use and poked holes in all of them, quite a lot of holes actually! I mentioned to Karli she probably couldn't see them in the firelight while they were putting on their sex show but I bet they went through more than one!

Karli was getting white. I mean, white as a sheet! Her mother was enraged that I'd do that, even my own parents expressed disappointment. I told them it was my only way of showing if she cheated, I didn't realized I was going to have a chance to record them. At that, I pulled out my phone and turned the recording on and held it up for Karli to watch. She was sick when she saw how she had behaved. Running to the bathroom, we could hear her vomiting. I laughed, saying it was pretty late in the evening for her morning sickness to be bothering her. Her and my mom gave me looks that should have killed me in my seat.

They left when Karli was done. I went back to work for my folks and put every dime I made toward the payments, trying to pay it off asap. It was a few months later, Karli stopped by and knocked on the door. It was a Saturday morning so she knew I'd be sleeping in. She begged me to take her back, Tom didn't want anything more to do with her. Asking her how that could be, I mentioned I stopped by the night before, going to talk but her and Tom were snuggled up on the couch and didn't seem to want to be bothered. Her face turned red when she realized she was busted. Then I asked her what it was about Tom that she couldn't resist. Karli didn't have an answer. His cock was a little smaller than my own, he was fairly quick on the trigger and not lasting long enough for her either. Perhaps she thought, it was his take charge of her attitude. He wouldn't take no for an answer.

When the baby was born, it was pretty obvious whose kid it was, I didn't see it but my mom did. You see, I'm a blond, Karli is a blond but Tom is part Latino with thick black hair, exactly like the baby. There was a DNA test ran just in case and proved her baby wasn't mine. She was served divorce papers a few weeks after she got home. I was pretty surprised when she told my lawyer she was going to fight it, she didn't want a divorce, besides, I was living in the house she always wanted and if nothing else, she wanted either the whole house in the divorce or the money. She was livid when my lawyer showed it was my parents who owned it and I rented. Not the truth but no one needed to know that.

Karli put up such a fight I finally dropped the divorce. That was 4 years ago and I'm still in my house, completely paid for now. Karli moved home with her mom for a babysitter so she could work. Tom? He left her and ran off with another cute young thing, not even bothering to pay child support. CPS is looking for him but they'll never squeeze a dollar from him.

I think Karli is finally ready to finalize our divorce though. You see, I'm engaged to the most wonderful and trustworthy of women who lives with me. We have enlarged the house a little, built a new garage and small barn. She has all the critters she wants, I have my garden that Jenni helps me in. Jenni also works for my folks, she's their bookkeeper. I see Karli from time to time, she drives past my place awful slow, rubbernecking each time. Her mom told me Karli could kick herself, that should have been her living with me in her dream house, instead she's a single mother struggling to get by.

Jenni is my rock now. I can trust her, she's shown me that again and again. She's a homebody, her goal is to never leave the place once we get home from work, unless its an emergency. Party's are for kids, not married adults she always tells me. I couldn't agree more, look what a party got me?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Geeesssssss

Anonymous git a fucin job.....bill. I give u a 5

LOL

O, and 5 to the Curious2c

LOL again

ronlimronlimalmost 9 years ago
Anonymous 05/08/15

Wow are you a budding wannabe Lit. LW writer, already one or really telling a true story? Sounds too staged to be true. Anyway 4* for that too.

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 9 years ago
@anon of 5/18/2015.

Your story was good, a great way to show how trust is so important. The only thing, you said that Jenny had all the critters you wanted. Did she have children with you, or were they from a previous marriage. Unlike other commentators on here, I will not lambast you for going with and marrying a woman who dropped you in hs. The thing is I feel that you did right in the way you acted. I just would have said something to her at the party, not just walked away. However different people react differently. Good that you had photo and video. I hope that you and Jenny stay happy for all your days and may karlie keep up the good work as a waitress. You should invite your ex-mother in law over for a bbq with your parents and fiancé just to show no hard feelings, ;-). She probably wouldn't come, but karlie would get the message flat out.

As for this story, the cheater is almost an afterthought and that is a grave mistake. The story is almost for naught. He should have had her declared an unfit mother after bringing her boyfriend into the house forcing the kids onto the porch. In NY state, she would be barred from the house and the kids for that little stunt.

Friend of mine went through something similar. He went downstairs, got his Remington 870 and just racked the mechanism once right outside the door when the noise went down. They he cheaters both heard it and ran from the house naked screaming he was trying to kill them. He put the shotgun, that was never loaded in the first place, back into the gun safe and had a cup of coffee. Neighbors called the police where both of them were detained for running around naked within 500 feet of an elementary school and kiddie park. It finally sunk into her head what she was doing but at that point it was a day late and a dollar short. She contested the divorce so he dropped it. Just left things as they were but didn't let her back in. She got infected with HIV and when it went into AIDS she stopped all the treatment. She begged to see the kids one last time, and he relented. She apologized telling them that they didn't have to forgive her, she was wrong even though they did find some type of hormone issue that affected her cognitive reasoning somehow basically turning her into a true nymphomaniac. She got no pleasure from the sex (supposedly). However the damage was done. She died a month later. He did remarry and had another six kids, they were all twins and all red headed girls like their mother and grandmother from his side. In any event, he is happy now and she is hopefully at peace. I truly believe that once they got her hormones back into whack and the psychological therapy sunk in to the point that she could have avoided so many problems if she had just spoken with him or even her doctor she would still be alive. From what I saw of her parents (we all grew up on the same street) she regretted all that she had done unto her dying breath.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a story of my own but anon, your story reminds me of this girl and growing up she never did a mean thing or said a bad word about anyone. The whole community just judged her and then shunned her. Today is the anniversary of her death so it was on my mind.

Seeker

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Nice, But...

NO woman is as reasonable as Amy!

Even assuming she was only interested in Jim as a "fuck buddy" doesn't mean she wouldn't feel some jealousy and unwillingness to give him up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow do you live on Planet Crazy?

In this country, since she is neither an alcoholic nor a drug user, she got full custody, the house until the kids graduated, child support, alimony, half their savings and half of his retirement. This is a poorly constructed fairy tale. Still laughing at how bad this was. Even for fiction it was just too far fetched.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

“I can't live without you Jim. I can't." – Well, I guess you’ll have to kill yourself then.

“I'll never cheat on you again." – As has been said before, she already VOWED not to cheat at all, so how much weight can be put on her words now?

They always feel “so old and ugly,” yet they don’t seem to have any trouble attracting other men. That should tell them that they AREN’T that unattractive!

"But...that day I did ask you...you..." – And he asked her out for THAT night!

“It looked like this was going to be a four hundred-dollar meal.” – If a rich woman wants to eat at an uber-expensive restaurant, SHE should expect to pay.

@Anonymous 11/11/15 - If she didn't fight for the house, etc, she's not going to get it. And older kids are going to have a strong influence on custody even if she DID fight it.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the offering.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
well told tale, to a point

lots of emotions and angst. the drama of the discovery and divorce was presented well, but from there on it was a bit sketchy.

Who was Susan? we never got to know her. according to the thoughtful daughter, she was wealthy and a successful businesswoman. in passing we learned of their marriage. did they move to her home? did she move in with her new husband and his children? or ? ? ? ? ?

ts0l1983ts0l1983almost 8 years ago
Really?

"pee-hole"

Really? Was your aim to persuade the reader to assume that the protagonist (look it up) was 12 years old?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
to anonymous

She had sex in the family home with the kids home before the kids went to bed and with her HUSBAND. Due home anytime she mentally hurt the kids then and before. because the kids new about her cheating a month before he did and that is what they call unfit

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Story was wanting

When he started seeing both Amy and Susan, his reaction to them was like...junior high! GET REAL! Then there were too many gaps and lack of information!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Such a lack of information

Readers need more information about Susan. How did Susan and Sarah become such good friends? I agree with others. The way he handled seeing two women at the same time bordered on juvenile. Did the ex-wife even try to maintain or reopen a connection with her children. If he was so adequately endowed, why was his ex-wife cheating on him in such a grand scale? Who were the men involved? When did it start? Why? Did she have some kind of chemical or hormonal imbalance? So many questions.

goat17obispogoat17obispoabout 7 years ago
I love a happy ending

Goos story, a bit sketchy toward the end, but even so all the strings were tied together.

Excellent descriptions of the sex and love making.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Anonymous 05/08/15

Your story in a comment was even more entertaining than this was. It fell apart at the ending...or lack thereof. I gave it 4 stars because it was only 80% finished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1 star for 1st 1/2 page

couldn't read beyond that.

nuther slirp puff type author;; just a puking wimpy excuse for a human being.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well

If you can get past the wimpy first half page the story gets better and Evan very good. Why did you start him out as such a wimp because the rest of the story he did not seem as weak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NOT ENOUGH RETRIBUTION...

the ex didn't suffer near enough humiliation and there was nothing painful for the boyfriends. Would have liked to see the ex get and pass on a disease that was not survivable.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING GREAT AND LOSE IT

time will pass ere' you find an excellent replacement, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Story Rating Too High

How did this story get 4.50 stars. It's poorly written, the dialogue is bad, even math is bad (Sarah at 20 years old going for her MBA when she should be a Junior in college). Maybe some rated it high because guy gets fucked over and he gets rich by marrying the beautiful woman, but I thought the rating was for the writing quality and the quality of the story and insightfulness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great come back story.

Too many readers want to BTB and be stuck in the pass. To hell with those who would criticize your writing or math skills. You're a great story teller. In fact this is my second time reading this story and enjoyed the refreshing of my memory of it.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I genuinely enjoyed this story.

I read it months ago and came back to it today. It's a shame the way the first wife torched her life and marriage, but some people do have their demons. Well told!

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldabout 5 years ago
What a terrific story ...

... and so simply told. The interplay between dad and the kids was particularly good. Thanks for this

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
Nope

Decent story but I disagree about the ex-wife. If she was a sex addict like that, you just don’t turn that off without hitting rock bottom (which I doubt the divorce was).

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Okay story, considering some of the others. I enjoyed this one

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WTF???

What is it with some authors and their constant need to have the husband cry, get drunk, say they still love the slut and then treat the cheating slut with some sort of decency during the divorce. Give me a break. Been there and have the scars to prove it, but certainly did none of those things. The anger and hatred of her actions and attitude would not allow any of these things to happen. I'm actually amazed the author didn't have him running away and whimpering in a corner somewhere, because it was all so heart-breaking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was maybe a 2 page story with 2 pages of stroke and not very convincing stroke. This wasn't very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
lost me

you lost me on the first page.

you could not drink due to the antibiotics, but the kids come home and find you drunk!

HAHAHAHA!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous