All Comments on 'Sunday Love Songs 02'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful

Your first post here and it was wonderful. I hope that you favor us with more of your work. All I can say is THANK YOU!

warspitewarspiteover 10 years ago
Great Work

Looking forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Great Story! Hope to see more from you in the near future.

visualwillvisualwillover 10 years ago
Excellent!!!

This is an outstanding first effort, hope to see more soon.

lihplihpover 10 years ago
Loved it

It's very good whether it's your first or hundred and first.

As a fellow Brit, I particularly enjoyed the British setting - especially as many of my favourite authors on here are Americans.

I also enjoyed the occasional colloquialism - kegs - I'm not sure that many from outside these shores (or even from the South of England) would have known that word, although they can guess the meaning from the context (where I'm from we say it more as kex).

Well done - I hope to see more of your stories here.

Phil

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story

Great setup, story flowed. Amazing for a first effort.

You are only going to get better. You can tell I like romance stories.

Anonymous Andy

BelgiumBelgiumover 10 years ago

A very well written two part debut. I hope you continue to write stories like this one.

But try to avoid having the story posted in 7 or 8 page episodes because thiose are harder to read: keep individual episodes limited to 4 or 5 pages and as a consequence post a storyline in more episodes as it's more reader friendly.

DalainDalainover 10 years ago
Excellent Story

Thank you so much for this, and especially for not spreading it out over 15 one page chapters every week or so. I loved your characters and your setting, as well as your language. Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Demented Bride

Excellent story but Nicola seemed to be slightly demented. Our hero should have retired to Australia. A home run in your first at bat (a five).

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sorry, didn't like it as much as i want to

I like anything British and your start was great. But as it progressed, i hoped Nicky didn't know Kevin was well to do because her intentions would be questionable after that. Secondly no "self-respecting, in love" woman would take off her clothes in front of a complete stranger! She is slutty and huge flirt. Being young and stupid as a teener is fine but older and do that? She is lucky, he didn't rape her. Besides, if she wants her relationship to work, realistically, she should have gone back to her table and asked Kevin to help her with her heel problem. So many inconsistencies. Secondly, men have told me if a guy is indeed "in love" he can't just do it with anybody no matter how hormonal they are. Kevin demonstrated that fact when he walked out of her on prom night. I can forgive the indiscretions but the New year thing was unforgivable. Thanks for the effort.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I thoroughly enjoyed both chapters. Thank you for such a great story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Very nice story

Difficult to resist a damsel in distress story. I never thought this poor couple would get together, but was rooting for them to get past their obstacles. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very good story, to forgiving to those stuck up parents

They only apologized because he was rich. They could not accept there daughters lover and husband . They sat in the back row of the church. What dreadful humans those two were in this story .

Richie4110Richie4110over 10 years ago
Outstanding

Best said in fewest words- loved every bit of it. Look forward to anything you may offer in the future. I will retread this one again in one year.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It was very good , I read part 2.

I do not think I missed anything not reading part one. I hope you keep writing. Those in laws were pathetic people.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
Whoever missed part 1...

You missed a hell of a good story. I thought it masterful how you got her out of the Carlton bit. Bit of ambiguity there, poor judgement letting him in the room, but I thought you did a good job weaseling her out of the fix. True, she was use to being half dressed or more in shoots, and she was a bit drunk.

Lastly in the end nothing happened with him, but had he forced her...

Excellent work, I read all of your stories, each one better than the others. That is the delight of LE, on a regular basis I find really excellent writers that have been submitting for years, but unknown to me These stories easily justify 5*

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
An excellent story

A joy and a pleasure to read. Looking forward to more stories from this author.

George in Omaha

dyonysosdyonysosover 9 years ago
About....

You are a good writer ,my felicitations for a story well written

The_PedantThe_Pedantabout 9 years ago
It's so nice.......................

...................to read a story by a writer who not only tells a good tale, but tells it grammatically and properly punctuated.

The sentences flow; the meanings are clear and even adverbs are used :-).

So many stories on this site are ruined by the obvious near illiteracy of their authors, so one again I say "well done".

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice story.

I enjoyed it, although I think Nicola was pretty questionable in her actions throughout the story, especially in the Carlton instance - her explanation didn't quite wash in the full context of everything else going on - he's been grabby with her, monopolizing her for more than just the standard dance, she leaves with him without telling her boyfriend, undresses in front of him - he's certainly picking up the "wrong" signal from her supposedly innocent actions, and the first thing our hero hears upon entering the room is her flirty invitation for Carlton to "zip her up."

She then vows in all seriousness to never strip for another man - but then later flashes the cabbie the goods for no reason. Her character just never sat well with me, as written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
2*

I liked part one, but I can take only so many mistakes, misunderstandings, errors and idiocy. This was too much. Annoying.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
If she truly believes

her behaviour with Carlton was appropriate, there will be more problems in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent story, well done 5*

Keep on writing for us.

My only criticism, not about Nicola unlike many! No it was just that Kevin was a little arrogant and pompous for me and maybe a little too forgiving re the Carlton incident!!

wheelzCOwheelzCOover 7 years ago
Good story but seriously flawed

The story as a whole was good. But the main characters acted like teenagers when they were in their late 20s or early 30s. They reacted without thought when the other one did something and that caused unnecessary grief and drama. The ending also had senseless drama when her parents showed up at the wedding unexpectedly. Overall it was a good tale, but it obviously was a first attempt at writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I have just one question ?

Why did she change her bra and panties when she was changing her dress? that was never asked by Kevin and where did she change ? IN the bathroom or in front of Conner.

Horseman68Horseman68about 5 years ago
Simply the Best.

This author writes some of the best romance stories on this site. This is one of his exceptional ones with love problems galore between two absorbing characters. Many thanks for the for the great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Painful Misunderstandings.

Reads like a Mills & Boone story, by a female author. Really! From promiscuous slut to loving wife to proud mother! What a transition, when it is said,"the leopard does not change it's spots". Still, a good read.

gopher25gopher25almost 4 years ago
Happy Ending

Wonderful story. I love happy endings.

backgar12backgar12over 1 year ago

Very enjoyable read!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very fun twisty story.

I particularly like having Beth mediate the hotel room situation showing her to be a FRIEND with former benefits. There are lots of ways playing her character differently would have changed the story for the worst. If that hadn’t ended that night it would have felt contrived and unnecessary.

The other really deft touch was having Nicola accept the engagement conditionally. It put her in a much better light for accepting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories