All Comments on 'Sunsets'

by jfremont

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
dani_lrlmdani_lrlmalmost 8 years ago
You made my eyes water

What a lovely romantic story. Thank you.

I could imagine that it strikes a chord with some of us who have been living with a lover and soulmate for many years.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
SO MANY MEMORIES

Lovely writing. I grew up probably 5 years sooner than this story's setting. The women had a very strict 8pm curfew to be in their dorm. NO MEN allowed ANYWHERE in a women's dorm.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Five Stars and more if they were available

Well written, with enough eros to qualify for Literotica, and enough sense of place and time that you could have published this in many different venues. Now I'm off to binge on your other work.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 8 years ago
That's What I Call "Romance"!

I'm sure everyone fell for your tease that she was at the point all alone. Somehow that wouldn't have been as satisfactory for the reader. This was intended to be a gentle love story and the death of one of them would have spoiled the mood. This just rolled along and although it does seem a bit idyllic, so what? Don't we all need a little peace and love in our lives. Thanks for giving us that. Of course 5*

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
I'm with Overcritical

I also found it to be a sweet story that just "rolled along" as he said. I too fell for the "all alone" teaser, and was pleased when it didn't indicate loss of partner.

It's nice to every now and again have everything turn out happily.

Lue

Ps:

Jfremont,

You are rather uninformative in your biographical notes. With writing like yours, I find it helpful to know more about the author, and I really do encourage authors to give us more information about themselves.

fixer43fixer43almost 8 years ago
Prospective Romance writers..

Take heed and notice what is missing from this story; no 8" cocks, no 38DD breasts, no typos, misspellings, or poor grammar.

What is there; a flowing story, rich in descriptions that allows the reader to visualize as if they were a part of it. The sex supports the story, not the other way round.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A beautiful life story....

Thank you for sharing this with us. The narrator is clearly a "lady", and not every woman is. I'm a bit younger than she is (turning 60 soon), and I unfortunately lost my lady love a few years ago. So the best paragraph for me was the penultimate one -- I really am never alone. She is with me, and keeps finding new ways to remind me of that. I'm writing a journal of some of our cherished memories so that I'll have it when Alzheimer's hits. I recommend this for everyone in love. Thanks again!

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
A beautiful love story

with just enough details to tell a very romantic tale. I'm glad I was able to share the memories. Yes, I too was pulled in by the thought of her being alone for all the wrong reasons, and was glad to find a reunion and a happy ending. May their happy memories continue for many years to come.

Thanks for writing a schmaltzy and sentimental love story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful story

Sweet, sensual, without vulgarity. Loved it!

islandchicaislandchicaalmost 8 years ago
Don't do...

... things like that to my heart strings! I was about ready to cry near the end when she talked about her being there alone this year. I thought for sure Tom had passed away. Beautiful story! It reminds me of a story I started writing last year. This has inspired me to finish it/

chytownchytownalmost 8 years ago
A Beautiful Story*****

Thanks for sharing.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 4 years ago

Awesome story! Nice surprise ending!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous