All Comments on 'Sunshine'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 92 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I always try to leave a comment, even if writing it sometimes takes a truly stupid amount of time. It's not that I'm uncertain about whether I liked it - uncertainty is really not something your stories evoke in me ever -, but it's ... you know, putting a book down, and needing things to settle for a bit. So while that happens I'm happy to report that I actually found music that works with this story for me without it just being a distraction! The Notwist - Neon Golden. What a lovely record.

Anyway: I was genuinely surprised by the setup, this time; the not-quite-ex being part of the story still isn't something you've never done, but somehow making it the protagonist's ex felt so vastly different that I had to briefly mentally rummage around in your oeuvre to remind myself that Freya is in fact a character that exists. I was also surprised by how ambivalent I felt about her first meeting Natasha, not yet knowing whether Amy was in fact safe. And I have to say: Well done, that! It really made Mia's self-doubt that much more tangible. Other than that, I loved all the big and small things that you put into words so well: The wit, the drama, the sex (duh), the anticipation and, despite what I said above, the (or, better: their) uncertainty. Thank your for taking the time to write, edit, and publish this for all of us! I'm genuinely grateful and can't wait for when you're back with something new. :)

silveraidersilveraiderover 1 year ago

Who are you and what have you done with the real Onehitwanda? Natasha didn't get injured in an accident, attacked by a creep, involved in a car crash, or have to reveal some dark secret that she was worried might turn Mia against her! Seriously though, it's a delightfully simple story. Not quite as powerful as 'Sketching Sophie' or 'Triumph' but I really liked it.

Mykymyk2Mykymyk2over 1 year ago

Great work. I found myself getting a little annoyed at the pacing, like all the chips(crisps?) had settled to the bottom of the bad. But it was just selfishness on my part, I wanted another 30 or 40 thousand words to get to know Mia and Natasha. Easy for me to want, not so easy for you to deliver.

SilvermireSilvermireover 1 year ago

Wow that girl was one train wreck !

JustAnotherLoginJustAnotherLoginover 1 year ago

Your best yet. I'm sorry I can only give it 5 stars.

************************************************************

dwoelfledwoelfleover 1 year ago

Another fabulous love story. Wonderful redemption. Thank you.

AliceGeeAliceGeeover 1 year ago

Oh my goodness, it's suddenly very dusty in here. I seem to have something in my eyes. That was wonderful, a proper romance and I just love happy endings. But is it the end? I 'm still a little curious as to what Natasha's line of work is. There is something a little mysterious about her, though if it is actually the end it made me happy and it is a given that I award the story five points.

WrexscarWrexscarover 1 year ago

I just love your writing. Your 1st person pov with broken and damaged characters.

You have no idea of the little bubble of excitement I see when I get an alert that you have realised something new.

Then there is the rollercoaster ride as experience the joys and tears along with characters.

Thank you loved it. 9 stars.

jupitercreekjupitercreekover 1 year ago

What a beautiful story

teekjayteekjayover 1 year ago

You've gone and done it again. You've given me another beautiful, touching story that will be read by me over and over again, just like "Jetsam," "Falling," "Sketching for Sophie" and, especially, "On the Simplicity of Words." I've been a writer/editor for over 30 years and I can tell you that you are a rare gem. Thank you for giving my morning a perfect jump-start.

ReesertonReesertonover 1 year ago

The gentle flirtation, the healing, the strong emotions… This is a beautiful story that I know I will return to again and again. I thank you for adding another tender and evocative love story to your body of work. I truly enjoy your way with words. Not only can I can I imagine your characters, I can sense and feel the emotions. I can’t think of a better compliment than to say I would pay for the pleasure of reading anything you write and am looking forward to your next story.

redbow_kimeeredbow_kimeeover 1 year ago

hmm. This is cute. Its a nice fantasy, but it doesn't feel real to me. Mia and Tash are too honest with each other. And not honest enough with themselves. Mia is just out of a multi-year dysfunctional relationship

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 1 year ago

Sorry I won't be commenting on the story content (nor did I rate it), since it's in a category I don't read. However, I saw you wrote 7 Lit pages (which is always quite the treat), so you continued the tradition with this story of writing it long enough to most likely have tons of details, angst, emotions and character development to delight those who will enjoy it. I appreciate how you dedicate yourself to such quality outputs.

redbow_kimeeredbow_kimeeover 1 year ago

hmm. This is cute. Its a nice fantasy, but it doesn't feel real to me. Mia and Tash are too honest with each other. And not honest enough with themselves. Mia is just out of a multi-year dysfunctional relationship, Even if she wants to trust Tash, she's still going to have memories of insecurity creeping into her mind from her time with Amelie. I find it hard to believe that Tash can say or do anything to quell those kinds of feelings. And I find it hard to believe that Tash, being apparently as well put together as she is will want to stick around for so long as would be needed for Mia to ground herself and let go of her insecurities. I think they should have acknowledged that what they have might be a rebound relationship and not so much a happily ever after.

jackie_emjackie_emover 1 year ago

Beautiful story. Nicely paced and developed. You always do a fantastic job with your stories.

metroalmametroalmaover 1 year ago

What Alice said, mystery woman Natasha (Badinoff anyone?) You have left us begging for more and yet fully satisfied with what we have and if that is not a strange juxtaposition nothing is.

mikko_lainenmikko_lainenover 1 year ago

what a gorgeous Saturday morning you provided. Thank you for doing what you do, you move my heart.

vespa69vespa69over 1 year ago

Well that was stunning. Caught me right away. Super sweet and super sexy. I identify so much with Mia, it’s like you were writing my thoughts sometimes, how she places herself in her world, at her work, and it was so thrilling to have someone as wonderful as Natasha plant herself so assuredly into her life

when she needed it most. Finger stuff, amazing. I wish there had been that tongue stuff you were teasing about. But your teasing is so delicious I don’t mind.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 1 year ago

Oh, Wanda. This. Excited. Me. Just to see your named attached to a story. And it did not dissappoint, not even in the slightest.

ca_daveca_daveover 1 year ago

Wanda I do not know how you bring your characters to life. You never fail to move my emotions in wonderful ways. Thank you for sharing your stories with us. 5*

fallwatcherfallwatcherover 1 year ago

What a great pleasure it is to get to read another one of your wonderful and perfectly written stories. Thank you.

shurlin3shurlin3over 1 year ago

Great story, Loved it, and I think that I worked with a woman like Mia in one of my past lives. A question for you, why didn’t Natasha ever actually say the three magic words to Mia. Similarly, why didn’t Ashley ever say the three magic words to Kelly in your story Jetsam?

Bluesea00Bluesea00over 1 year ago

So tendre. So real. Thanks

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirtover 1 year ago

Ohhh. That was just so good! Starting my day with tears of joy! My heart was breaking for Mia. Tho I’ve never been quite as insecure as she is, I’ve felt as utterly alone and unlovable and worthless, but in her case I wasn’t sure the pieces could be put together again. And while the chance (or fated) encounter with Tash and their whirlwind romance felt a bit like a fairytale, I was more than happy to believe. It’s not often in these stories that one meets characters with as much heart and soul and grace as these two. Mores the pity. Beautiful and just what my heart needed. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

incredibly beautiful - thank you so much for sharing!

MulderOrScullyMulderOrScullyover 1 year ago

Wow such a beautiful story. Like true loves found each other.

CreepyDragonCreepyDragonover 1 year ago

I got legit tears in my eyes. What a lovely story of lost love and found freedom

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 1 year ago

Wow that was an amazing story, I could tell you really poured your heart into it. The characters were so real and loved Tasha’s character. She reminds me of an old soul with infinite wisdom. I have to admit when she first appeared in the story I was first thought she was a guardian angel. You are so talented and thank for sharing it.

ShampoofetShampoofetover 1 year ago

Gorgeous story. I feel generally sad that it’s come to an end. That said I do hope we get to hear more about Tash.. her background… more about her job.

DentalFlossTycoonDentalFlossTycoonover 1 year ago

Thank you, this story made my day. Love your stories!!

PickFictionPickFictionover 1 year ago

Not a category I usually read, but I suspected you'd surround me with the tale, and I wouldn’t be able to escape until it ended.

You did.

Excellent work.

kathy2012kathy2012over 1 year ago

Another wonderful story! Sweet and conclusive! Love oozing out of all the sentences! Enjoyed the lovemaking as well, had to stop to play with my;self! Delicious tale! Promise more soon!

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 1 year ago

Another wonderful story! I kept waiting for a shoe to drop but was pleasantly surprised when it didn't. Five stars happily given.

2ndFabdisastur2ndFabdisasturover 1 year ago

Great story. Read... scanned actually might be more accurate actually... all the comments and I'm surprised no one else mentioned it. The first page I got a HEAVY 'It's A Wonderful Life' Vibe, when George has his breakdown and Clarence comes in to save him.

sarah4gurlzsarah4gurlzover 1 year ago

I can't improve on what CreepyDragon wrote. This story is cry-makingly beautiful!

Thank youXXXXX

MaonaighMaonaighover 1 year ago

A heart-wrenchingly lovely story, Wanda. While I was reading, my mind was going down tracks laid by a couple of other comments. One reader mentioned the tyro angel Clarence in It's a Wonderful Life, sent to save George. When she first appeared, I thought perhaps Tash was an angel come to show Mia life isn't so bad (in a way I suppose she was). Then, when I realised she was real, like Candy Kane I was waiting for the crap to hit the fan but it didn't. So, a little five-star package of delights. Keep 'em coming!

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 1 year ago

A lovely story. I too kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. Giving Amy her marching orders provided just enough drama to give it a little edge.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

A wonderful love story. You are so talented and really know how to tug the heartstrings. Such things can happen, they did to me and after nearly 2 years it just keeps getting better. We met on the internet and within a month we knew we wanted to be together.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 1 year ago

As others have said, I would do better to wait until the chance to reflect. You have given us a reflection (masterfully written, by the way) on our power to tear each other down and our power to build each other up.

I have to bless a world, however fictional, that has such people in't.

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppover 1 year ago
A feel good story

Nicely done. This is one of those feel good stories. Well written, believable and likeable characters. I thought for sure Tash was going to show up when Mia was hugging her ex goodbye. I'm glad she didn't. This story made me smile. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Another one hit...

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Wish Amy could have seen Mia upgrade

AnyMooseAnyMooseover 1 year ago

Perhaps you should change your nom de plume to OneHundredHitWanda; you're well on the way!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just another moving story so well written. AnyMoose has it the only thing to disagree with is your name. Might you come back to these two? Thanks so much for the effort to give us this.

BodysurferyeahBodysurferyeahover 1 year ago

Mia did a superb job closing her relationship with Amelie. Everyone (including Tasha) knew exactly where they stood because Mia made it crystal clear to Amelie that their time together was over. Mia also gave Amelie something to grow on by being honest without being mean or demeaning.

Mia showed a newfound? strength of character by not allowing Amelie's begging to prolong their agony.

Thanks.

shayneoneshayneoneover 1 year ago

you know your good when good writers prays you but for me it was a good little love story be well safe and happy a fan shayne

MkalfredmcMkalfredmcover 1 year ago

I think that I just read my favorite story ever. Wonderful story line, AMAZINGLY clever dialogue between two endearing personalities, and full character development in a very small amount of text. The narrative was so complete that, even though is love Mia and Tash, I’m totally satisfied and do not feel the need to spend more time with them. They are happy and so am I.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is another of your best stories. Thank you very much for letting us meet these people and participate in their lives!

gunmakergunmakerover 1 year ago

Once again. Thank You.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Some children break their toys, some take them apart and put them back together, Wanda, you somehow create characters that are broken and damaged and then gradually assemble the parts in such a manner, that we feel and see them being put back together again. In a way, this is a form of “Kintsugi” repairing with gold, the damage is still there, but now it’s beautiful and becomes part of the repaired object forever.

Many thanks for writing and posting here on Lit, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A truly wonderful tale. It has the feel of a mature Freya who meets an Isla who has gone through life without her sister Emma as an anchor.

This is a story that definitely deserves a ‘second hit’ to explore the budding relationship and especially the mysterious Tash… 😉

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A truly wonderful tale. It has the feel of a mature Freya who meets an Isla who’s gone through life without her sister Emma as an anchor.

This is a story that definitely deserves a ‘second hit’ to explore the budding relationship and especially the mysterious Tash… 😉

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh wow. Just Oh wow. Such beauty, love, tenderness, pain, compassion.

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 1 year ago

3 certainties in life

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. 5 stars for every story from onehitwanda

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow!

Yeah. That sums it up.

"One Hit," my Aunt Matilda's moustache! (And she steered her bike with that thing, so y'know.)

Rambling_ChantrixRambling_Chantrixover 1 year ago

Wow... the flirtation, and the escalation, and the honesty, when Mia was ready... this was truly lovely. Thank you so much for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn, you write well. Such a good sense of humor, too.

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrelover 1 year ago

Your stories touch me deeply. They speak to my insecurities, my dreams, and my soul. I found your stories basically by accident but I find them to be a ray of hope in a bleak world.

Thank you, your efforts are deeply appreciated. Please continue to write and publish stories here.

sarah4gurlzsarah4gurlzover 1 year ago

I got to the end of this story peering through mist of happy tears. Thank you!

Sarahxxxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So, so good.

FandeborisFandeborisover 1 year ago

Melissa was beyond broken. I can only think of Natasha as an angel, sent to aid Melissa. She only appeared after Melissa said "God help me". Maybe she is an earthly angel, there are some of those too, or maybe a happy coincidence. Sorry, I have trouble in believing in that coincidence.

A devastated women and an angel, what a combination for a well written tale of lost faith in life and the uplifting grace from an angel. This is one of your better stories. I was misty as Melissa went from total devastation that was her life to the confidant person to tell her ex goodbye. Beautiful!

Take care.

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrelover 1 year ago

Fandeboris' comment reminds me. My initial reaction to Natasha was also that she was an angel sent to answer Melissa's prayer. It got me caught up in the story.

If the story was told from Natasha's point of view, I Iike to imagine that something just seemed to tell her to choose a slightly different path for her walk that time; that something seemed guide her. But then I'm a hopeless romantic who wants to believe that there are forces at work making this kind of magic happen.

dooboigedooboigeover 1 year ago

Another beautiful story. What impresses me so much is how you write love stories, and capture the feelings of these people. Tash is so kind and loving, and she brings out the best in Mia. Heals her, so she can be her best self. I know at the end that she will be okay now, whatever the future holds for the two of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Is it just me? or sometimes you just want to date the writers behind the novels/ stories.. this is insanely incredible .. was crying 2 or d 3rd page🥺

S9808S9808over 1 year ago

I am gobsmacked. This the fourth story of yours I have read. so beautiful. what is it about the way you write makes a grown man get choked up.

It must be fate, in reality why else would a perfect stranger approach anyone in London who was crying. I just would not happen, just look at the faces of people walking along the pavements, head down, avoiding eye contact, certainly not striking up a conversation. Even the police cannot be trusted. sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just found your stories, how did I miss them before?

I love romantic stories full of love and hope and kindness....and a happy ending!

So you are perfect for me. The two stories I have read so far are 5s and I am looking forward to the next.

However, my GF is muttering that I need a smacked bottom because I read the stories without her. We always read Literotica out loud together at bedtime!

Thank you Wanda!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank You

WolfyoneWolfyoneabout 1 year ago

Another wonderful story by you. You are a very talented writer. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great.You are a brilliant writer.Every one you write has this lonely widowed 60 year old man close to tears.I really felt a little for Amelie but in the end Mia found the happiness that had been taken from her by Amelie s betrayal.I was so pleased that she found new happiness with a firecracker like Tash.Keep up the great writing.You must be one of the best writers on this site.Worth draining my mobile phone battery for.Thanks.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64312 months ago

Yet again you have created a beautiful story!

You really do gave a lovely way with words!

Thank you!

Ps Is there more to their story? Your story's have so much potential for follow ons, please!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nice story but their coming together happened way, way too fast. To be so devastated and to totally recover and fall head over heels within a week or so suggests to me a serious psychological flaw and not a sign of ‘true love.’

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

WOW! lovely writing

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I liked the backbone and strength (and compassion) Mia showed when the ex showed up.

You have a way with words, and know how to express (inner) dialogue very well, it even shows in the layout of line breaks. And this story had slightly less broken, traumatised characters for once, which made it a much lighter read for a change.

@anon below commenting it's too fast: there's that standard joke about lesbian dating life revolving around U-Hauls, and it must have started for a reason ;)

But more seriously - compressing timelines is a literary means to an end.

SparkyblueoneSparkyblueone11 months ago

Another lovely well written story

Beejay3Beejay311 months ago

Delicious love story.. lost but found with mutual attraction and the start of a life together…for as long as it takes!

Thanks for this warm story..

RickshawroadRickshawroad10 months ago

Ashridge is a beautiful place to heal one's soul and you weave wonderful stories

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Oh my, you weave such wonderful stories. Please, oh please, keep them coming.

2cookies4u2cookies4u9 months ago

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your story with us!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another incredible story

Bree_23Bree_239 months ago

you have no idea how much i cried on this one..i saw myself in Mia bad thing is there's no Tash to give me a tissue

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I am not going to lie, I teared up several times reading this and smiled like a loon the rest of the time

AnyMooseAnyMoose8 months ago

If such is possible, is there a short redemption story for Amelie somewhere down the road? Stupid once (as opposed to multiple/serial stupidities) shouldn't equate to damned forever...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Read this over a year ago and returned to it. The second time was even sweeter how you handled the pain of Mia and the compassion of Tash as they sorted out their emerging fusion. So sweet and so passionate. The last paragraph on page 3 was very insightful where you described how some empathetic people "take in" the negative emotions of others and see themselves mirrored in them to the detriment of their own mental and emotional health, digging a hole for themselves while making excuses for the other person. That was brilliant and oh so true. Thank you for this lovely story with beautiful characters. Mwa

JusteenKJusteenK7 months ago

I agree with AnyMoose, Amelie's story would be lovely to read.

Ben_Jack5120Ben_Jack51206 months ago

Yes. Amelia story please!!

And i loved this one too… i hope Mia develops a healthy self-view about herself with Tash. girl needs to realize that she is worthy.

cjb511227cjb5112276 months ago

OK, so even though I tried to keep my self made promise to withhold any further comments until completion of your entire library - which I’m consuming alphabetically, not chronologically *- this one calls out in a different way than did Snowdrops.

I’ll echo the sentiments of several others in imagining exactly how you might construct a redemption story arc for Amelie. While she, Mia and Tash may be destined to never become bosom buddies, it’d very enjoyable to see what’s next for her, and them.

*speaking of chronology, am I the only long time reader who would wish for a “sort by publication date” function? There are many very prolific authors whose works don’t necessarily get properly sorted into sub-lists by story lines, and some whose contributions span a period of over a decade, that option might be handy to track evolution of characters or writing style - not all are as polished and eloquently crafted as Wanda’s - from her earliest to most recent.

If that’s a feature I’m missing, mea culpa, and please advise how to invoke - otherwise, add to the suggestion box, if that’s still monitored.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy5 months ago

LOVE - UNCONDITIONAL LOVE IT IS, WHAT EVERY SOUL IS SEARCHING FOR ….. a soulmate, feeling free feeling understood feeling warm feeling safe just name it , this is the most inner need …. Its just about becoming ONE AND TRUST

a very lovely marvelous tale …. Mmmh 🤤

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🤭✨☘️🥰

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Bitch! You made me cry!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

( *****)

RileyworksRileyworksabout 2 months ago

I think, no know, that your stories have helped me be a better more vulnerable human, to be a more powerfully loving person. I want to meet Tash and have dinner with her and Mia. You have enriched my life. Thank you! I hope the real world is as generous in love and connection to you as you have so generous shared with us.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...

SIMILAR Stories