All Comments on 'Surprise!'

by ttt59

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 1 year ago

I wish this would happen. Unfortunately, she will get the kids in the divorce. Maybe she'll learn how hard it is to find that special someone to build a life with; and she will live a long miserable life filled with regret. Hopefully she will see Tom find a new lady, and have a happy marriage and know that all interactions with her are only about the children, and he would prefer to never communicate with her again.

jazzharpjazzharpabout 1 year ago

A new twist. I hate cheaters too, but I would never do that. Just leave, she doesn't know where to find you or him either.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

I don't know if Sam did the right thing or not! He really doesn't have anything to lose in this case.

5

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 1 year ago

Tom can't kick Jo out of the house. But other than that, was an original decent story, albeit with some stilted unreal dialogue.

demanderdemanderabout 1 year ago

Maybe he should have simply walked away. Tom might have been better off not knowing. But, in the end, she was going to keep on keeping on. So? D

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

This was a twist. Was it the right thing to do. Probably. I kind of feel sorry for them all. Jo would be on the bottom of the list. Sam next then Tom, and finally the two boys. Sense Sam didn't really know Tom well enough to judge how he would react to Jo's cheating I'm not sure he should have left the way he did without making sure Tom wasn't going to beat the shit out of Jo. That is just my opinion because I think the lowest form of life, much lower than a cheat, is a spouse beater. Notice I said spouse not wife, not husband. I knew a husband, someone I worked with, who would come to work and have a black eye or busted lip and tell everyone it happened play B-ball, or broom hockey or walking into a door, but I saw her punch him in the face because he was late picking her up, her and my wife worked at the same plant, same shift. His daughter was late getting out of school, so he paid the price with a busted lip. When I asked the next day why he let her get away with it, he said he just couldn't smack her back and if he divorced her who would she hit, the next time the daughter was late or did something to piss the wife off. So, he took it until his daughter was big enough to protect herself by leaving. 4-stars only because I thought Sam should have tried to determine Tom's attitude, and make sure he wasn't violent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story, well written. 5*****

It also gave me an idea for a different story because there really is a Swanston Drive in that neighborhood of Sacramento. What if a guy in same situation as MC but without his scruples has fallen in love with the woman. When she reveals that she's married and breaks up so as not to jeopardize her marriage and family, the guy writes a bitter detailed story on Loving Wives at Literotica. In the story he explains his feelings of love for the woman, details the hot sex they had over the last few months including her repeated words of passion in which she tells the guy he is the best she's ever had, his cock is the biggest, thickest, best and he lasts much longer than any of her prior sex partners. In his bitterness, he includes all sort so accurate personal details about the woman, including her real address. The denouement of the story is that the wife's husband reads the story and immediately recognizes that the cheating wife of the story is his wife. After that, the story can go in just about any different direction, including BTB, RAAC, even wimpy cuck who realizes his fantasy (I don't like the wimpy cuck direction but it is a possibility). Anyway, just a thought.

P.S. While there is a Swanston Drive there is no 1012 Swanston Drive in Sacto so no doxing in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent writing and punctuation. Story has a different take on BTB which makes it creative. The only flaw, as I see it, is that his power play gun move, and drive her home would never have happened.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

A very good man.

Tom was blessed a good man told him the truth.

Now to delete that wicked lies --

yes packing a bag is a step toward the right direction.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 1 year ago

Great story on a morally upstanding and ethical individual. Please believe so many in life when faced with that scenario would have partaken of the pleasure of her flesh then be glad they dodge a bullet. Speaking on real life individuals who have the same selfish, deceiving, manipulating mindset. They love themselves far more than anyone else. In such a case the fallout would be that she would get the kids and the house. She would probably outright or subtly poison the kids going forward to her way of thinking. She will spin a improvio tale to family and friends that the reason of the separation was not as egregious as the cheated on spouse claims. But when its all said and done even if she is sad or have regrets in any pending dissolution. While she may actually feel some of these emotions, such as crying and acting outwardly sad. She will be actively forecasting and planning to waylay and entrap a future mate. Whether she succeeds or not is the question. But that same devious mindset that thought she was entitled in having a fling while deceiving both her spouse and partner will not easily go away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting and original plot. 5*.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A guy who understands he'd be a target for a beating or a bullet, Sam did the right thing. Jo was a skank slut cheater. Her husband and boys will be better if she's out of the picture. Ignore the comments suggesting you should have written it where Sam just walks away. She needed to be exposed and destroyed for her betrayal. Nice job!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 1 year ago

Bros before hoes, I suppose! Certainly an unusual scenario in LW, but I guess that some version of this has happened in real life many times. Still, for a guy who hates cheaters and doesn't normally fall into bed that quickly, it was a bit of an inconsistency that he never asked of a woman who was so hot if she really was single.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 1 year ago

Somewhere in the realm of better than good, awesome, and off-the-chart! All it takes to improve the world are the actions of decent people!

KarnevilKarnevilabout 1 year ago

A slight twist, the perfect, saintly husband, and a white as snow lover. Two for the price of one. Oh and let's not forget: a wife who was spawned from the devil himself. Maybe these two guys should fall in love each other and stroll off together into the sunset hand in hand, after all they're not likely to find anybody as perfect again.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 1 year ago

Would Sam feel vindicated if her husband, Tom, had pulled a pistol and shot Jo in front of him? Or would he have felt like he a made the biggest mistake of his young life. Let the buyer beware…

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

The gun was too over the top, especially showing it during the discussion. 4*

GreyDuckGreyDuckabout 1 year ago

I'm not okay with anyone pulling a gun on me in my own house period. I'm not okay with Sam or the wife but they would both have to be dealt with.

SDN1955SDN1955about 1 year ago

Very interesting point of view with this story. Five.

TnicollTnicollabout 1 year ago

Very interesting and different approach. I enjoyed it, but like others here the gun thing was over the top and unnecessary. For me it made Sam seem more like a scared little man than the strong principled individual the author was going for?

I’m not big on sequels but perhaps a follow up on what becomes of all three characters after the confrontation?

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 1 year ago

Good work. Given the confrontation he was going to instigate, I guess I can accept the unloaded pellet gun. Definitely 5* worthy.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 1 year ago

A good story with a different approach. Five stars.

Tomh1966Tomh1966about 1 year ago

I logged in just to say:

5 STAR!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

My thinking is that he did this not so much for his own conscience, but for her husband as he put himself in Tom’s shoes.

.

Jo was an unrepentant slut. It’s almost certain that she’ll be a divorced one within the next year.

.

Nice unusual perspective.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story, haha great twist that the guy would BTB! Nice, thanks for writing 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Having read the comments for your story, I have to say to the naysayers , a very good story with a bit of an unusual ending but it did well in the BTB setting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Dry unique and well written. I wonder how he got a gun in one visit…. Well played.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

The empty pellet gun was a clever move.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice job, though a bit repetitious (particularly in his self-description of his moral stance) which is a problem in a 3k word story.

.

Oh, and it's Sonoma, not "Sanoma", and Chateau Montelena is in *Napa* Valley.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Solid! Liked it 4 stars

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 1 year ago

Very good but a couple of things, one you just can't walk in a purchase a firearm (especially California) and walk out with it. Second, I'd add a prolong ending. Namely after being evicted from the residence, the slut got drunk and ended up being gang banged by the Sacramento Kings basketball team. Then over to ReedRichards hovel where he proceeds to lick and suck out every drop of jizz from her cunt & ass....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beware of those men with inflexible morals and principles. They embodied the same men who burned alive some unfortunate women as witches hundreds of years ago. I know… I know… I’m a man and we all know some women well-deserve to be burned alive, but why the gun and the drama, when a phone call or an email will do the same. Whether Tom stays with Jo afterwards or not, is no longer Sam’s problem as long as he breaks the budding relationship cleanly and forever. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hey Karnevil, ttt59 writes with a particular theme that you seem to hate. Why not read something else you'd enjoy more and leave this area to those who don't hate men and enjoy a good BTB?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I admit the twist got me. Until that line I just thought you were clueless about gun laws, especially in California. Sadly, that reduced my enjoyment of the story rather than helping it.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

I thought this was VERY well done !

Short, sweet, and reinforced that there are STILL some people with character, morals, and scruples... others may not like the end, or, in fact, any of it... but to me it's a 5-star story.

OOAAOOAAabout 1 year ago

Good story 👍👍

JAFCritic3JAFCritic3about 1 year ago

As I was reading the beginning I kept thinking about the movie, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I thought Jo was trying to break up with Sam and used being married as an excuse. Then she would go home and tell her husband that she got even with him for his cheating.

juanviejojuanviejoabout 1 year ago

OUTSTANDING! I HO[PE YOU GIVE US MORE OF THE SAME, BUT JUST A LITTLE BIT LONGER WOULD BE NICE. CINCO ESTRELLAS!

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 1 year ago

5-star effort. Liked it.

Hooked

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 1 year ago

Close to 5* until he end! Sam made sure he covered his ass, but he coulda/shoulda ascertained that Hubby was not going physically hurt Sweet, nor put her in danger by kicking her out of the house with no resources!

4*

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 1 year ago

Addendum

It was covered near the end, but the likelihood that Sweetie, a pharm from Denver, would have the same weird 10 day cycle to go to Sacramento as Sam is hard to fathom. Maybe meet up 1-2 times a year. Presume they corresponded by email or other social media to not give away her No. Cal area code!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

When one paragraph ends with a quotation mark and the very next one starts with a mark, that indicates the character speaking has changed. This is not a matter of opinion, that's how English works. You wrote his monologue as if it was a conversation.

.

When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, every paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She should probably know how to spell Sonoma, since she wants to go there. LOL.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@Sexecutioner try reading the actual words next time. "pellet gun". HTH. HAND

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fresh and innovative, 5*

I'm big on Epilogs so maybe a years later follow up?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked it. 5 star effort, and short and sweet to boot.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Great story! That was a story from a point of view I’ve not seen before. A cheating wife given up by an ethical man she was cheating with. Who would have thought that a cheater would lie to her lover as well as her husband? You nailed that one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You deserve 10* but I will give you ***** now

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What with these authors telling the cheating wife she is leaving the home they share with 2 kids. Not going to happen.that killed your ending .this took place in calif .the courts will award her the house and children .Tom will be paying thru the noise if she make a much smaller salary than him. I say he should send her to a psychologist ,and a marriage counselor to try to save this marriage. Otherwise he will be eating noodles and living in poverty till the kids leave home . Better to fix the cheater than live in poverty and weekend visitation .

Psychologist

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You stupid readers have no idea what the divorce courts will do to Tom. She gets it all and he gets poverty .this took place in calif where they give a guy who beats his wife jail time and alimony when he gets out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A rich vein of talent you have, just a shame it is so righteous, and you messed it up real good with your last two sentences....but understand you have the lowest common denominator to pander to. [Lots of stars anyway]

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fuck him and her. You come in to my home waving a gun around, look at me after telling me you would never ever fuck a married woman but have been with her repeatedly over weeks. I would burn that bitch to the ground then gone hunting for the guy who brought a gun into my home, let alone a phony fucking gun at that, pulling a phony stunt wanting me to forgive him for being a stupid ass cheater who got caught in a bullshit story.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 1 year ago

5 stars, not often I can read a story about the "3rd person" in a relationship and come out liking him.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 1 year ago

That was a new take…well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Should have been a little longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Many critic are claiming that the gun was over the top in this story. While I don’t know anything about the author, for anyone living outside of America, the gun fits perfectly within what foreigners imagine what America is like.

driv2u2driv2u2about 1 year ago

Doesn’t everyone carry guns ? ,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A great idea that started off very well, but when MC popped into a Dick's in the PRC of Calipr0nia and bought a handgun in a few minutes, you lost me. That's where a well-written story left the mainline and rerailed itself on the Crazy Train. Too much rage from MC; better served with a good measure of righteous indignation. Also, only on some nameless planet in a distant galaxy, the betrayed husband would stand and politely listen to MC reveal his wife's secrets. A normal man would put it together very quickly and probably come close to losing it on MC.

.

In LW, writers tend to overplay the rage and vitriol because that's what the Peanut Galley demands. Even Caesar would be powerless to mollify that cabal. Don't play into that and write a story without depth.

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

Whether it could be legal or not, the message gets across clearly: he doesn't sleep with married women and he hates cheaters! Well told!

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

A lovely dream, a fantasy that would never happen. But l loved it as an out of the ordinary tale well worth 5/5

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

Great Story, Great Writing. 5 big blazing stars. When I used to live in Calif I bought many many guns there. For the commenter below I was shocked that the MC came out in just 5 mins. I guess he missed the part that it was just a pellet gun. So no extra forms to fill out No background check. This was a great story, It really showed how to burn a cheating wife! Loved it! Thanks, Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ok. I gave it a 4, because the plot was unique. But I do not believe this would have went down like that. First priority, would have been leaving the hotel, without her. Most likely, the mc could have done a background search on her husband, and come up with his phone number. But driving to her house, against her will, (even at fake gunpoint) could have got him kidnapping charges at the very least. And the woman's actions do not make sense. Causing a confrontation with him several days before her mini vacation was over, didn’t make sense either. She would have either broken up with him at the end of the trip, or by phone another day. Excellent plot. But I didn’t think the story was realistic.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 1 year ago

Well done, an idea I have wondered about but never thought to put in a story. I mean, what if he thought it was all part of a consensual fantasy. But this was better than that .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fresh approach to an old story, love it. 5*

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 year ago

Love it, I only wish I will react with as much character if I ever find myself in a similar situation⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

What do you know, an honorable man! Brings the cheating bitch back home to face her husband. I’m also like that, having given up a couple of chances for bedding an adulterer. I’ve teased with married women but they know it’s not goinpg anywhere else 5 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

What a breaht of fresh air. Actual moral principles. The wife was delusional. So much so that is kind of hurt the story.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well Tom is no cuck.....not sure about this writer

oldpantythiefoldpantythief12 months ago

Very different from the normal BTB story, but showing a fresh and positive point of view on the "other guy". Couple of times the story mentioned the woman wearing engagement and wedding ring. Usually they aren't listed as separately, but simply as wedding rings.

Anonymous1956Anonymous195612 months ago

Great twist on a BTB story..5 stars..

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler11 months ago

Five stars is a full explanation of my feelings about this story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Top notch. And original. 5 stars. S. F.

WisquejacWisquejac11 months ago

As it should be. Thanks.

sizemediumsizemedium11 months ago

The story has a wonderful twist that I really enjoyed. Nice to get away from the typical cheating wife story. 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I have never reacted to a story and this is probably the first and last time....but this story shows a man with character and morals and if most people had this kind of character and approach towards life I bet we would have a better world. Definitely I give it a 10/10

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

She was a train wreck waiting to happen. Going out sightseeing in and near her hometown? She probably knows hundreds or thousands of people. The odds of NOT running into someone she knows is next to nil.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Enjoyed reading the whole story

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore198110 months ago

That's the way it should always end the husband should never let the wife get away with it nor should the wife let the husband get away with it

redboat7redboat710 months ago

Read it again.. Loved it!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Oatmeal, you're like a broken record. Are you some kind troll? Maybe you shouldn't spend so much time in Loving Wives. You would do a lot less complaining.

Calico75Calico759 months ago

Another viewpoint. Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I experienced almost the same thing, After about two months of dating and being raptured by this beautiful blonde that checked all the boxes and was so enamored of me, she asked of me while I was driving, "If I tell you something would it matter"? She then told me she was married but then said she was separated. To say I was shocked was an understatement. A few months later she said " if I ask you something will you tell the truth"? I said yes and she asked me If I loved her. I truthfully told her that I haven't known her long enough but I like her a lot. Well, that was the last time I saw her...I heard that she was pregnant and had returned to her husband (if she ever left). Whew, dodged the shitstorm there. She was nice too. Damn!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It's Sonoma and I only complain because I live about an hour and a half away and have tasted at Chateau Montelena, Pedroncelli and other Dry Creek Wineries for years. The Passport Tasting event held every year in the late spring is a special event. Not sure I would have spilled the beans with an unloaded, fake gun, but it was a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hopefully this serves as an example to at least some of the people out there considering cheating on their marriages.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wonder how often something like this happens in real life, albeit without physical confrontation, probably more likely via email, etc. Unfortunately, most likely bit as often as it should. And vice versa with genders flipped.

Rbtctrl1957Rbtctrl19577 months ago

It is spelled Sonoma!

FluidswallowerFluidswallower7 months ago

Good one!!! Thanks for a fun read!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Juvenile is my first thought on this, now that I think of it, it's my last thought as well...

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good tale. 5 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well, Sonoma bitch!

Legally, I think it's still assault (albeit, with a "puny" weapon).

Man of "morals and character", notwithstanding.

juanviejojuanviejo6 months ago

READ IT BEFORE...STILL CINCO ESTRELLAS!

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

That is such a great story from a rare point of view. Good man.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This scenario one of the reasons why husbands should concentrate on punishing the person who made promises, and be less concerned with the affair partners.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well that sure was a different take in LW. Good story. I'm surprised that one reader was more concerned about the spelling of "Sonoma" than the actual story. No accounting for what people will say in the comments.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I like this story. It highlights the main problem is with the spouse who sleeps with others.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Interesting twist from the lover’s perspective….

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous