All Comments on 'Surprise Valentine'

by Smuttyandfun

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
Ravey19Ravey194 months ago

Beautiful, sweet story. Guessed that at least Whitney's father had worked things out. A lovely romance.

76fellow4876fellow484 months ago

Never try to place a new script to cover up a patchy old life/script. Better to start up with fresh paper in the printer. Life is not so easy to write over.

Well written and enjoyed.

goodshoes2goodshoes24 months ago

I was having a bleak day until I read this story. Thanks for putting a smile on my face and one in my heart.

Richard1940Richard19404 months ago

That definitely put a smile on my face. Thank you. 5*

RocketRyedRocketRyed4 months ago

Outstanding, fun, heartwarming, and sexy! Well done. Maybe more stories of their life?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'm confused!!

When did the parents find out the truth about Kurt/Noel?

JerryDancerJerryDancer4 months ago

Beautiful. You took your time with this one, creating characters whose feelings grew. I was happy to give this one 5 stars

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour4 months ago

Really good!

Thank you.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Love the story, love the couple. It was too light on the erotica part for my taste and kind of went south at the end. A good editor would help eliminate the numerous punctuation errors.

Mike9947Mike99474 months ago

Happy Valentines Day!

stewartbstewartb4 months ago

You handled the "make believe boy friend" story quite nice ... enjoyed it !

squareybobsquareybob4 months ago

Delightful story, especially for Valentines 💘 Day. I won’t quibble about the mechanics (e.g., sentence fragments beginning with Till) because what matters here are plot and characters. Yours are both creative and heartwarming. Thanks so much S&F, and a Happy Valentines Day to you!

AardieAardie4 months ago

When at first we practice to deceive, we apparently fall in love. Chicken soup for the soul.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire4 months ago

Fun story, S&F, and loved our common fake significant other theme. The hands were a giveaway, but if Noel works on the farm as planned, they won't be that soft for long! Sweet enjoyable tale! 5* and best wishes in the contest.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Delightful story!

5

Hardrider56Hardrider564 months ago

What a great feel good story. Job well done

the6ulprsnthe6ulprsn4 months ago

Wonderfully written characters with an unexpected (to me anyway) plot line. Well done. Truly.

AileyInnAileyInn4 months ago

Great story!

Loved this: “Like all creative types, I was afraid in case my stories sucked.” No truer words were ever spoken, but you have nothing to worry about!

JimDiamondJimDiamond4 months ago

This is such a lame sweet fantasy story. Except that such things can be true. Many years ago a young full-of-self man looked at a picture of a friend's fiance and and her friend. Smirking, he said, "Cute girl, sometime I will have to visit Minneapolis a do her." His friend laughed and said he did not think so, since she was such a goody two shoes and had even considered becoming a Nun. Challenged I replied, "I bet a hundred I could screw her brains out the first day I met her." He refused the bet since he had witnessed me betting I could walk into a bar and walk out ten minutes later with a woman. So I upped it to a hundred I could do her within two hours of being alone with her. He took the bet. Flying out of San Fransico to Minneapolis I smugly told him this was a sure thing. Three days later having utterly lost I was sitting on another plane alone to fly away. I had such a feeling of real loss I almost felt like crying. It felt like there was a hole in my soul from the real loss I was leaving behind. I was even rising to get off the plane when a stewardess pushed me back, telling me to fasten my belt as the plane was moving, When the plane landed I called her and told her about that hole. I also told her that since my good Uncle had a silly little thing going on in Southeast Asia it would be a while before I could get back. They did not have cell phones back then but we must have written a hundred letters to each other... A year later I flew back into Minneapolis to marry that sweet girl. Best bet I ever lost. That girl still laughs at what an arrogant ass I was to bet I could seduce her in two hours. So thank you for the sweet story and the reminder that magic really can come true.

mitchawamitchawa4 months ago

A slightly different "meet at the airport," plot with a well-written twist, with excellent internal and external dialogue. Descriptions of San Francisco's manmade and natural landscapes were just right. The pretend couple angle works extremely well and as expected they fall in love. The descriptions of Mon and Dad add greatly to the story. The bedroom scenes were well done especially the coupling. Why didn't the parents mention the age difference?

LambchopCALambchopCA4 months ago

A good story, even if I did catch one instance of Mom calling the BF Noel instead of Kurt (and MC not noticing). Still gets 5*, because that sort of name shuffle gets confusing for everyone, and it's well-handled otherwise for the fake BF trope.

SultanEnochSultanEnoch4 months ago

This is one of the best stories I ever read here.

PickFictionPickFiction4 months ago

Excellent story, as always, and I could easily picture it happening the way you've written it. I enjoyed reading it and good luck in the contest.

Whirling DervishWhirling Dervish4 months ago

There were a handful of missing words. However, this was an excellent story. Very well written. I didn't even mind the shift in story-telling between the main characters. A rare 5 stars from me.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit246014 months ago

A lovely, sweet story. Quite a romance. 5 stars for the quality of the romance.

But it was basically a Hallmark Movie with fucking. Just as predictable. Just as cloying and insipid. And what a fairy tale ending!

I adore a good love story but I prefer far more “smutty” and FAR less formulaic.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very good romance! Almost enough eroticism, lots of emotion, character building, intelligent characters, a smart Dad...

How's Mom doing with the cancer? She was there a year later, so, good, but that is kind of a big deal.

Not enough to lose a 5 for you, though.

Thanks, and HVD!

Hugo999Hugo9994 months ago

Great story well told

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I guess it's the best story of love with a capital L that has appeared in Literotica so far. Deserves to be made into a movie.

FandeborisFandeboris4 months ago

Kudos for a mis-directed story of two not so in love lovers. It seemed Whitney got her wish and had twins. Or was that her mother’s wish. Either way it all worked out in the end. 5 💥💥💥💥💥

Take care

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This old man teared up when he read the part about naming the baby girl after the husband's late wife. Brought back memories of my late wife and her love of children.

lsnid003lsnid0034 months ago

Really enjoyed this sweet story. I swear, you could write a story about math and I’d love it. Very sweet, a few twists, but well done, as always.

BlissMaraBlissMara4 months ago

This was so delightful, and I enjoyed every word! You absolutely rock this romance category! 5 stars, so well done!

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun4 months agoAuthor

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Considering this story is for the Valentine's Day contest, I thought it would be fun to write something a little more romantic. And I'm so glad so many of you seemed to have enjoyed it.

Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

SteveIsWarmSteveIsWarm4 months ago

What a fantastic wonderful story. Thanks so mich!

nighthawk22204nighthawk222044 months ago

Did you guys name your dirt patch, Valentine Farm?

Waldteufel61Waldteufel614 months ago

Nice, cleaver story

Not2PervyNot2Pervy4 months ago

Really loved the fake boyfriend setup for this story and the way you handled it. Of course stories can fit in more than one category and the age difference reveal near the end makes it ok here but it seems more like Romance, at least to me. Not that there’s anything wrong with that!. 😆

omahakiwiomahakiwi4 months ago

Great premise. Thanks

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun4 months agoAuthor

What a nice surprise to discover this was awarded third place in the 2024 Valentine's Day Contest!

Thanks to everyone who read and voted on this story.

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

librertinlibrertin4 months ago

I am sorry I hadn't read that story before end of contest so that my 5* would further its placement! but glad I did I am just a sucker for serendipity flings that happen in real life more than we believe. Thank you for a story that I guess Hallmark would love to turn into a movie, it would be an improvement aftert all!

sabrinamoanssabrinamoans4 months ago

A great premise of story and you deliver it so well. Thank you for this February treat!

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot4 months ago

👍👍 a là Siskel and Ebert. The setting for this story brings back many sweet memories. My wife and I married 55+ years ago, and honeymooned in San Francisco. I look back on that week quite fondly. I can empathize fully with Noel's situation as my wife passed from liver failure jut a few months after our 50th anniversary. I can only pray that something similar might happen to me, but at 77, the odds are pretty slim. Thank you for a wonderfully nostalgic love story.... 💯

vandeheidevandeheide4 months ago

A beautiful well crafted love story that plucked at my heart strings. I lost my wife 15 months ago and your story brought me to tears. Thank you.

auwingerauwinger4 months ago

Great story! Despite your pen-name this was not at all smutty. 5*!!

Ian_SnowIan_Snow4 months ago

Terrific story, Smutty! And a big congratulations on your win, too. Well-deserved.

oldsage_1oldsage_13 months ago

That wasn't just happy ever after but just plain happy. What a great imagination you have to conceive such a wonderful story and talent to convey it to others for our enjoyment.

Oh how I miss the San Francisco and whole Bay Area of long ago. I met my wife of 47 years in Mountain View. I have traveled the Orient thanks to the US Navy and Europe thanks to a wonderful career but the San Francisco of the 1960's and 70's was the crown jewel of cities. Not so much any more.

Congrats on a great story.

Cheers

SAGE

wwaldripwwaldrip3 months ago

Excellent story, and thank you for bringing back memories of visiting San Francisco. I had to go to Mountain View for Technical School training, and had driven around San Francisco seeing the sights that you mentioned in your story, back in the early eighties.

muskyboymuskyboy3 months ago

Very nice! 5/5 More of a romance story but still it was wonderfully done. Congratulations to both out you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I loved it. It was amazingly real. Sweet, A true love story no smut involved.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great romance, nicely plotted and a real "feel good" story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Cute. Well-written but more a Hallmark movie Romance than a story under the Mature category. Liked the SanFran references. Would have liked it more if everything wasn’t so neatly tied with a bow.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

An old trope, but you handled it well. I enjoyed.

JB

crazymike45crazymike453 months ago

An excellent story even if a little Hallmarky.

madtowncunilinguistmadtowncunilinguist3 months ago

Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into making this a successful and sweet story. I wasn't sure if it was an editing error or intentional that when the parents got back from their day with Noel, the mom referred to him as Noel, and not Kurt. I kept waiting for the mom and dad to reveal that they knew it wasn't Kurt, and that didn't happen (until much much later)

DazzyDDazzyD3 months ago

A very kind couple. 5 on this!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story! When they met at the airport I was hoping they’d actually accidentally fall in love.

Eric66Eric6619 days ago

This is one of the best stories I’ve read in a long time . Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

First class fun!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSmuttyandfun@Smuttyandfun
'Off the Clock' my 2nd entry in the On The Job Challenge will be published on April 23rd, and I hope you'll enjoy this one, too! 'Caught in the Act' my On The Job Challenge entry will be published on April 20th. I hope you enjoy it! 'Lucky Charm' my April Fools' Contest en...

SIMILAR Stories