All Comments on 'Sweep Me Off My Feet Ch. 05'

by jroseemi

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
MarcLuciFerMarcLuciFer6 months ago

Sooo good! That green eyed monster of Daniel's might end up being his downfall. But if anyone can control him and keep him in his place, I think it could be Brielle, who is showing she's less self-centered and far wiser than she seemed originally. At this point in the story, I can only see this going one of two ways. Either Daniel goes too far with his jealousy and gets ousted by Brielle, or he ends up being leashed and led around by her like the dog he is. It looks like the only thing Daniel has gotten right so far is that even if he won't admit it to himself, Zayne is definitely falling for Brinxton. I'm hoping Zanye isn't being considered just a FWB, and his feelings for Brinxton will end up being returned. Loving this story more and more with each chapter.

Exluke1Exluke16 months ago

This chapter was honestly rough for me at least. Well done, just lots of tough subject matter. First Daniel, what happened to him? It’s hard to believe he has been one of their childhood best friends if he always thought and behaved this way?

I’m starting to feel like the denial that both Zayne and Brinxton speak of (especially Zayne) regarding the possibility that they could transition from a fwb to a serious relationship will soon drive them apart. I’d like know what the Weeks parents really think of their relationship as all we’ve heard thus far is speculation. It’s soon going to be time to test out the waters here for these two guys and really know what they are dealing with and then they can make a decision to either keep it casual, move forward to a deeper level because they want to and have their approval, or tell the parents that they don’t care about what they think. Somehow Brinxton needs to let Zayne really know how he feels about the possibility of living with a person with a permanent disability or Zayne will likely never let him be part of the care team.

geemeedeegeemeedee6 months ago

Social standing is everything to Brielle as she does what so many other women have done — make agreements, look the other way. It’s sad because she’s only 23 and this is the life she’s setting up for herself. Is it because her parents could focus on raising her “properly” while her brother was at boarding school? Like mother, like daughter.

Brinxton said something about Daniel I don’t get: “He still seems to feel like Zayne owes him something." ??? As in, Zayne was in love with Daniel and now that he’s a “cripple” (I hate that word), he should feel lucky and gratefully accept whatever Daniel is willing to give? Don’t think I didn’t notice Zayne was shirtless in front of Daniel and didn’t try to hide his back. Fuck yeah, Zayne!

I’m really enjoying this story! But we’ve focused way more on what makes Zayne tick; I hope Brinxton soon gets the same attention. We don’t hear the same deeper internal monologue. We don’t even know what his job is! Why won’t he find his own place to live? (BTW, he couldn’t have been in boarding school for 10 years as he went in as a teen. So where are his college friends?) I get that it’s his personality to listen more than speak, but he’s doing a lot of thoughtful listening. What conclusions is he coming to?

Cane23Cane236 months ago

Daniel has shown his true face finally. A selfish, self-centered bastard - 'I don't want to be with you because you are a cripple, but, if you are not with me, you cannot be with anyone'!

Zayne and Brinxton have so strong feelings for each other. It is so sad that their own insecurities and fears of commitment and rejection make them blind to obvious - they are soulmates. I deeply believe and root for their relationship and happiness!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Zayne and Brinxton need to have an honest conversation about their relationship. Seems that everyone sees what's obviously happening between them, but they are oblivious. They should stop avoiding the hot topic and improve their communication or it might really happen what Brielle said - they will lose something wonderful waiting for the "right time", "right person"...or whatever other excuse they have. Or even worse, they are going to waste time thinking they know what the other one think!

BidickulousBidickulous6 months ago

I’ll second the thoughts from some others commenting: Zane & Brinxton have been presented as such kind, compatible souls that it’s tough to see the angst Z is skirting. One other issue: damn, finally getting barebacked after five years? That’s way too long to go without getting all those extra feelings! Looking forward to more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjroseemi@jroseemi
You can find our first book, Catching Feelings, on Amazon under the author name Wolfram-Starr Romero. I am a genderfluid person who is generally leaning more male lately, and have been jumping headlong into gay romance and gay erotica lately. Most of what I'll post here are ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES