All Comments on 'Sweep Me Off My Feet Ch. 06'

by jroseemi

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
JRSONJRSON5 months ago

You could feel this coming. The past couple of chapters have been frustrating and sad. Missunderstandings happen... Maybe we need to know what Brixton is feeling and going through in his own head. He has been good about being there for

It seems like Zayne has had enough and is about to bail on this relationship and run away and hide!

Brixton messed up with the way he handled things when his friends interrupted, but mostly his elusive attitude about this relationship in general. Communication skills are lacking on both sides.

Zayne is battling with his greatest fears again of being hurt. He has been hurting, feeling things are already worse than I believe that they are.

Zayne should give him the benefit of the doubt, before he makes a rash decision, as I think Brixton has been trying to figure things out. He has known that Zayne is bothered by something, but thinking that he wants Daniel back is not it! Maybe a break is necessary. I'm curious what he said to Brinxton in the letter! Which pisses me off that he chose to deal with something this important in that way...

Hopefully it can all be sorted out.

CaramelunicornCaramelunicorn5 months ago

I’m curious why Brinxton has never shared any of how he feels. There’s not pov from him.

MarcLuciFerMarcLuciFer5 months ago

This story is very realistic with very believable characters and emotions and with realism comes uncertainty. but if ever two people were good for each other and belonged together it's Brinxton and Zayne.

jroseemijroseemi5 months agoAuthor

@Caramelunicorn, that's because two people are writing the story. I tend to do a pretty good job of giving you the thoughts and feelings, whereas my partner (@wandererr0075) is less good about it, and he's the one writing Brinxton's side. The feedback we get here helps me know how to edit for full publication though.

Cane23Cane235 months ago

Dear author, thank you for your comment at the beginning of this chapter. Tension is rising and I really feel anxiety of anticipation what is going to happen! This story is a masterpiece!

Anyway, despite story is not written from certain POV, we can only see how Zayne is feeling - his fears, dreams, wishes, anticipations... All we know from Brixton is out of his nonverbal communication and some comments made here and there. We really don't know how he is feeling and what is he thinking. If Zayne fells the same as we (readers) are, I can understand his frustration. All Brixon's conclusions and reactions (avoiding PDA f.e.) looks like escape from feelings, or even reality. Sometimes, I think that both Brixton and Daniel don't accept Zayne as complete person. Daniel accepts only healthy, charming, witty, handsome Zayne while Brixton accepts only disabled Zayne, without normal needs as any other person (hence the lack of romantic affection, PDA, roses etc.). This separation might be good for them. Zayne knows what he wants, it's time for Brixton to wakes up.

Not to finish comment with drama, I like the humor of the story as well - 'You know what's funny'...'Daniel's face' :D

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So, Brinxton will get a card but not the one he expects. How can he be so blind?! Ever peaceful Zayn told him everything except "L" word. Now, he will do it without drama, in a letter. It's maybe the best, because everything said till now, Brinxton interpreted wrongly (as Daniel case).

geemeedeegeemeedee5 months ago

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m willing to wait if you pause the story to work with your coauthor on Brinxton. Especially after reading this chapter. It’s ok not to be in Brinxton’s head (although we started that way in the first chapter), but he at least needs to communicate his life experiences and feelings to Zayne.

The Thomas character — his reason for being horrible was weird and half-baked. Don’t know if he’s ableist, has zero emotional intelligence or has a fucked sense of humor.

Exluke1Exluke15 months ago

Yes thanks for confirming that right now the road is pretty rough. It’s nice to know that Zach thinks Zayne is too accommodating and putting up with too much from Daniel. I’m not even sure what to think about Brinxton as we still don’t know if he’s challenged or spoken out about his 1 years worth of being with Zayne to his parents and living an out gay life. Surely that has to come before he seriously wants to get serious with Zayne.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It is going to be a really sad wedding for Zayne. His first love is getting married, and his current love is already condemned to no future. He will put the happy mask on the face, smile, maybe even dance a little bit...poor good, apologetical, kind-hearted Zayne... He will play his role just to make everyone happy and satisfied. The show must go on... It breaks my heart.

BidickulousBidickulous5 months ago

OK, still holding my breath for Z and B, but also wondering if Brielle, who has come along way during this story, will wake up and dump asshole Daniel before the big day? 🤞

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjroseemi@jroseemi
You can find our first book, Catching Feelings, on Amazon under the author name Wolfram-Starr Romero. I am a genderfluid person who is generally leaning more male lately, and have been jumping headlong into gay romance and gay erotica lately. Most of what I'll post here are ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES