All Comments on 'Take a Chance'

by jmmj5

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 3 years ago

Delightfully heartwarming and uplifting story with a fairytale ‘happy ever after’, but sans any real ogres. Just what the doctor ordered this Friday morning after a rough week of work. Thanks for the attitude adjustment.

jaykaythreejaykaythreealmost 3 years ago

One of the few stories on here that didn't have, or need, a steamy sex scene -- the story itself carried the day. It's a true Romance, building toward resolution the way you would expect it to do closer to reality.

You deserve all five stars I gave you.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

Great story. Thanks for posting.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersalmost 3 years ago

Very, very well done.

Thank you!

Ironman52Ironman52almost 3 years ago

Nice warm fuzzy story. 5*s

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

I want to say something about the author. I know this comment section is intended to be about the story but I just want to take a second to say that jmmj5 is such a fantastic guy, a good and decent man and an amazing dad. This is in addition to the fact that he is a very gifted and talented writer. His growth is undeniable and I would truthfully put him up there with some of the really talented writers we have on this site.

I had another account a while back but I had to get rid of it because I was harassed constantly. Like an idiot I responded to some which led to my email being out there even though I disabled direct contact. The lengths people go over eroticism is mind boggling. Anyway, my crime was being critical on writing style, content and trying to point out where stories could be improved. That I commented on very popular writers seems to have been my downfall with some folk. Still, I met a ton of wonderful people in that time and jmmj was one.

The least I can do is be open and honest when I encourage everyone to read his stories.

I really hope you all check out his future works that will show up over the coming weeks and months. They are all fantastic but one is truly special. I can't wait for you all to read it. -starsong1976

To you my dear friend J. I send you all the Xs and Os the internet will deliver. -A

CriosCriosalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful, heartwarming, well-written story! Thank you so very much for sharing it.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 3 years ago

Sorry, it is a timing thing.

She made her decision AFTER she went to find him in the airport.

Until then she kept her husband as a back up in her mind.

Would have been better if she made that decision without finding out he was looking for her.

No respect.

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 3 years ago

Of all the airport pianos

in all the towns in all the world, she has to pick mine to show off her pipes.

And what great pipes! Thank you, jmmj5, for brightening our day.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

EXCELLENT 5 STAR STORY!

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 3 years ago

Great read. Ending was a little to short but still great.

Smiffy69Smiffy69almost 3 years ago

I just love a good romantic story with a happy ending. This was a vary good one.

PedroticaPedroticaalmost 3 years ago

I loved this story! I’m going hunting for more……..

boatbummboatbummalmost 3 years ago
Wonderful!

One minor nit to pick -- the new kids in the family are Sara's half-siblings, not step....

I've loved reading all of your stories and I'm glad you've got more heading our way. Thanks!

Richie4110Richie4110almost 3 years ago

Thanks for a heartwarming and pleasant story.

Gram1Gram1almost 3 years ago

Thanks for a beautiful story. It has soothed my soul.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

Very good. At the start, I was wondering where the story was headed. It seemed slow, and I considered skipping the rest. I’m glad I stuck with it.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Pretty good but the plot lacks excitement since it is so predictable. The strength is quasi realism of human relations, glad to see that nobody is painted too negative. The problem is that some are painted way too much positive so that it is all turning into a melodramatic lemonade.

I do agree this story is what women want - 0 violence, careless falling for a white knight on a spur of a moment, "everybody is beautiful" and full of empathy.

The worst part is a typical epilogue - everything is tuned into angelic singing happy end. Get real dude!

CriosCriosalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful love story. Thanks for sharing!

JackEvansJackEvansalmost 3 years ago

This was excellent, and as I've now officially read all your LE stories (to date), I believe I'm justified in asking:

Please post more.

Thanks much for sharing your works!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this story. 5*

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 2 years ago

Lovely Content.

Now...About The Craft?

Way-Way-WayFAR TOO MANY WORDS!

Too much explanation.

Your Big Parts are clunked together...Not interwoven.

My major suggestion?

Take a chainsaw to one of your other overwritten stories.

Reduce it to dialog-only... ideally limited to phrases, not entire sentences...

.plus the least possible continuity.

I do ADORE the content and intention(s).

Looking forward to exploring your stories!

Daikkenn74Daikkenn74about 2 years ago

I truly enjoyed this. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very sweet romance .

Thanks for sharing.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianalmost 2 years ago

I really enjoyed reading this story. Two sensible adults who knew there was nothing left for them in their marriages meeting in a faraway mysterious place then making it work out. A really nice story with no spy cameras, no fucking in the husbands bed and no backstabbing. A real pleasure to read. The only thing that would have made it better would be to make it longer. Good Luck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Big emotion twister. You did so well with this. So creative and you presented it so well. You gave me a big smile with the ending, sometimes knowing things turn out best for the world. Pity the Dr. didn't face any justice

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

KingCuddle, I see you've never written anything here to be judged by others. Try it yourself sometimes. It takes bravery to do that. I've tried but i don't seem to have the talent for it. Take care all and try not to be too heartless, try to be constructive, not destructive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, though the ending seemed a bit rushed. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

JERRY HAS BEEN A CUCK FOR SO MANY MONTHS WHILE HIS DAUGHTER SARA HAS BEEN A SLY SELFISH BITCH WITH HER SKANK MOTHER!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

JERRY IS A CUCK.....SKANK WIFE CHEATED FIRST TIME SND HE STAYED WITH HER....SURGEON WAS NOT THE FIRST CHEAT

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story,though I think he let Linda off too lightly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This author is quite talented, so I have little I can say that might help him improve. In this case, I want to applaud the author’s creativity in the plot development and the emergence of two interesting main characters. It was a fun ride…and I look forward to re-reading his other stories.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

I am an hopeless romantic, so I loved this story 5* well deserved. A great author with a loving heart.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Annie and Jerry were great. Mike was a chauvinistic buffoon who never recovered from learning he was sterile. Linda was a nasty piece of work. She cheated on Jerry with a 2 year affair. He stayed married to her for thr sake of Sara but spent a lot of time traveling. Huh? Then Linda, knowing her marriage is on life support (or worse) for multiple years due to her heinous adultery, trades up to Robert the surgeon, looking for a divorce just before Covid hits. Given the mess she made and the two year long affair, there is no way for Jerry to (really) reconcile with Linda and he is biding his time till Sara goes to college (hoe did that plan work out Jerry?). and so it isn't surprising that once Robert has become available she starts sneaking around again. It is what she does. At this point it is just her nature. And besides she knows her marriage is a zombie. But the one part that is hideous is how she puts Sarah into a bad situation by threatening that if she tells her father too early before her filing, she will get custody and make sure Jerry doesn't see her. That is execrable. Also highly unlikely. She is what 16 when Covid hits? Maybe 15. Most states she gets to choose which parent to live with. Yes she knows her father travels a lot but not why he does. Heck at 16 she can seek emancipation and break the custody binding if Linda enacted on her threat. Personally I would have a hard time seeing how a teenager would have any significant relationship with a parent who puts her in that position. But though Linda's threat was more bark than bite, Sara didn't know this and was caught in the subterfuge for like 18 months or longer. Can see Jerry getting past that to have a healthy relationship with Sara as she is the reason he stayed married to the evil bitch queen Linda anyways. And oh yeah, Linda's statement that if he seriously wanted to have another go of it, she would ditch Robert and try to be the best wife possible. LOL wtf? Not just no, but hell no! And really Robert really assumes she never has sex with her husband during quarantine? Really? So she doesn't want Jerry to tell Robert that fact as it may disrupt their planned future together? It is clear she doesn't love Robert. He is her failsafe option now that she knows that Jerry will never stay with her. Whatever. But the worst was how she put Sara into the middle of her betrayal a few mo ths before Covid hit. Just awful. Ironically she is quite fair in the divorce (of course Robert is wealthy) and quite open to Jerry seeing both Sara and Kelly. But wow her threats before (and probably during Covid) to her daughter show her to be a really terrible person. Especially because she knows their marriage dying on the vine was all her fault to begin with. Remember she said "at least twice". There were probably others. Her conception of marital love is just disgusting.

NitpicNitpic6 months ago
Very

Very enjoyable story

NallusNallus2 days ago

Excellent story, this came out right! They each escaped their own dead or destructive marriages by finding each other while doing a recreation they each love.

The billboards were a great touch!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjmmj5@jmmj5
With a few exceptions, I tend to write longer stories, but that’s just my nature, I think. I’m going to try to tighten that up in the future. I know that means fewer people will read them, but I know that going in. Also, I tend to write what I know. I’ve spent a lot of time i...

SIMILAR Stories