Taking a Chance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I shouldn't have said anything; just let you do your workout." I was peeved; I don't know whether it showed.

"Why?" he asked, puzzlement in his voice. "What did I say?"

I shook my head at the gall of the bastard. Standing there like I should be pleased to go out with a two timing scoundrel. Why didn't he just say, "Let's go to my place for a quick fuck?"

Instead, I bit my tongue. "It's not what you said." I paused, trying to keep my anger under control without showing it. I sucked my lower lip between my teeth, a nervous habit when I'm trying to control myself that I've had forever, and looked around to see who might be eavesdropping. "I'm not interested in being just another notch on someone's bedpost. I'm sure whoever you got the Viagra for won't appreciate you asking me out."

Seething, I just turned around and walked away.

I'm not sure what I thought would happen when I said hello, but I'm also certain that the invitation for a cup of coffee or breakfast was more than just a friendly "hey, nice to meet you," offer. It just felt like it, that the invitation was for something more, if not immediately, then in the near future. I couldn't believe it, this man had been in front of me just the day before, getting a prescription for him and his lover, and here he expected me to jump into bed with him? Whether he said it or not, I knew that was the end game. I wouldn't have minded his request if he didn't already have a woman, admittedly I was attracted to him, but no way did I want to be his "second woman."

I shook my head at myself, realizing that the unrecognized recipient of the previous days April Fools joke had been me. I had masturbated to three orgasms last night to thoughts of that man and, in my imagination, his never-ending erection. I'd masturbated and felt envious of the woman who was experiencing his ardor, but to have my private imaginations thrown back in my face by a two-timing cunt of a man?

Maybe it was me, I reasoned, watching myself in the mirror as I ran on the treadmill. I examined my image in the mirror, trying to decipher what I saw. Did I look like a wanton slut that just couldn't wait to jump into bed with someone? I prided myself on my appearance; I always tried to look professional and act professional, and although I favored blouses and shirts that showed off my cleavage, that had always been because of my husbands preference. Early in our dating and marriage he'd once commented that it really excited him when I showed a bit of boob, and gradually my wardrobe had virtually everything with a deep cleavage showing. Not that I ever went braless, although I had many times just for my husband, but I also didn't mind showing a little boob, looking a little bit sexy -- I don't think any woman does. Not that I needed to worry at work, my lab coat always covered to my neck, but I also knew I had an attractive figure. Maybe it was time to rethink my outfits? Looking up I could see the vee between my breasts, the curve of my boobs in the u-shaped top. I glanced around in the mirror, several other women were virtually identically dressed, a U or vee shaped form-fitting top displaying some of their boobs. One woman had on a tee shirt, the neck coming down in a vee shape with overlapping collar at the bottom of the vee, also nicely displaying her cleavage. I confirmed it wasn't just me, I wasn't just dressing slutty, I was dressing as every other woman was -- so why was I attracting these losers?

I thought back again to the few dates I'd had since my husband died. Several informal; two, in particular, actual dates where he'd picked me up, and on both occasions they thought they were going to get laid just because I'd gone out with them one time! I wasn't thinking that I had to get married to have sex again, but I also expected to have some kind of relationship before I jumped into bed with them. On both occasions where it had been a 'formal' date, I knew before the evening was half over it wasn't going to happen again, and then for them to think I should fuck them for a "thank you?" I smiled to myself as I remembered slugging the one guy, getting out at the next corner and calling an Uber to get me when he'd unexpectedly grabbed my boob.

With my mind distracted I greatly exceeded the distance I normal ran without even realizing it. When I did glance down and saw that I'd exceeded my goal, I looked up and saw that Jerry Whiteman was no longer in the room. Good! That meant I didn't have to look at the bastard again today. Tomorrow I could change my times back to what they used to be, even going a bit the other way, as I knew I didn't want to see him again.

"Linda!" I heard the voice behind me, knowing instantly that it was Jerry Whiteman. I momentarily thought about just continuing on to my car and ignoring it, but I guess I'm too nice of a person. Since he'd called my name specifically, I stopped and turned back.

"Hi, you're Linda Rapier, right?" he said, surprising me as he acted as if he'd never met me, sticking his hand out. Reluctantly I responded, shaking his hand, but pulling back at once. "I'm Jerry Whiteman and I've been working up the guts to ask you out for a cup of coffee or something for the last few weeks. I think we got off to a bad start, but not necessarily because of anything I did. I just want you to know a little about me. I married my high-school sweetheart when I got back from the Navy. We were married for 30 years before she got cancer and passed away. I met a woman a year ago on a dating site; we got together once and, well, it was a disaster for me. I'll be blunt, I couldn't perform, I couldn't get it up." He was looking right at me, but I was mute, unable to say anything, as I realized everything I'd been thinking for the last 45 minutes was probably wrong. "So anyway, I saw this gorgeous woman in the gym beginning a few months ago, and although I felt like saying something, I was reluctant to be embarrassed again, so I went to see a doctor about my problem. And, wouldn't you know it, the woman that I had in mind when I sought some medical help unexpectedly turned out to be the pharmacist at the pharmacy that I visited. And so, when I asked you a while ago for a cup of coffee and you responded that the woman who my prescription was probably for the benefit of wouldn't appreciate me asking you out -- well, I guess that's up to you." He stopped, I met his gaze and I knew he was telling the truth. He motioned behind himself, at the car with the door standing open. "I'm going to get in my car and head for work just like I always do, but I'm coming back tomorrow and do my morning workout once again. Sometimes when I try something new it doesn't work out right the first time, but sometimes when I give it a second chance, early problems seem to disappear."

I stood there just watching as he walked to his car, got in and drove away. I turned and walked to my own car as soon as his car turned around, climbing in and just sitting there. What was the line of Renée Zellweger, "You had me at Hello?" She didn't know when it had happened but she admitted to herself that he had gotten to her. She realized that she totally had it wrong -- and that she was wet and totally aroused by his candor and forthrightness. He'd gotten his Viagra, for her? She went on to work, but every time she slowed down, she had him on her mind all day. For the first time in several years she found herself masturbating for a second night in a row, and once again with the thoughts of one man on her mind.

~

"Would you like to come up for a while?" she found herself asking. When Jerry walked her to her door, he'd given her a hug and said thank you at the door, obviously nervous about whether he should attempt to kiss her. She'd taken care of that, pulling his face to hers and kissed him. He'd been a total gentleman the entire evening, obviously, unlike her previous several dates, not assuming he was going to get into her pants when it was over. And, the more that it was obvious he wasn't assuming anything, the more she knew she wanted exactly that.

Their morning after-workout coffee and breakfast had been cut short by Jerry's need to go to work, and that the breakfast café had a lineup waiting when they'd finally vacated the booth. When he'd asked her to dinner that night, she'd readily accepted. They'd closed the restaurant down; with her working later, the evening crowds were already gone when they got there and the staff was cleaning up around them when they finally took the hint and left.

Now, approaching midnight, she was asking a man into her home, knowing full well that if he came in, he wouldn't be leaving until morning.

"Are you sure," he asked? She thought back on everything they'd discussed over the evening; the loss of their spouses, their lives, their kids, their dreams. She'd found herself telling him things she hadn't expected, and the more honest he was the more she found herself wanting this man. Should she tell him that her panties had been soaked for the last two hours? Perhaps that might come across a bit strong. She just smiled and turned to open the door.

She'd taken his hand as she stepped in, feeling the butterflies of a new relationship, something she hadn't felt for over 30 years. When she went to step away, instead, he'd pulled her back to himself, his mouth meeting hers, their kiss virtually instantly becoming passionate, both of them wanting more. They'd collapsed onto the couch, kissing; if possible, becoming more passionate as it progressed. She'd lost herself to his mouth, her tongue in his mouth, his in hers. If she hadn't been wet before, she certainly was now, and she made no effort to stop him or limit him when his hands found her breasts, her back, her bottom, raising her body temperature in response. Instead she realized that she really wanted a shower, still wearing what she'd worn away from the gym that morning and having worn the same things while working all day. She was, without a doubt, momentarily going to take this man to her bed and she wanted to be fresh for him. Pulling away from the kiss, she sat upright. "Jerry, I've been wearing the same things all day, and I need to take a shower." She hesitated for just a moment and said, "Why don't you come with me?"

He hesitated for just a moment. "I, uh, Linda... I, um, wasn't expecting this tonight...."

"Neither was I." She stood and reached for his hand.

"But... I didn't get a chance to..." She understood immediately what he was saying, that his Viagra was at home, waiting to be used; he, being the gentleman that he was, not having planned on bedding her on a first date.

"I don't care. Perhaps it will just give us a better idea of whether it works or not."

Linda breathed in deeply, enjoying the smell of her new boyfriend. She relished snuggling against him, feeling the warmth of his naked body against hers, hearing his deeper breathing as he slumbered beside her. Although early in the evening when she'd decided she was going to ask him to stay she'd had an image in her mind of bringing him home and slipping into something sexy to seduce him, once they got into the shower, there was no need. They were both naked, and he obviously loved her body.

Surprisingly, showering together felt comfortable, as if they were old lovers, not new. She remembered years earlier the first time she'd showered with her husband, the major difference that at that time, her husband had been entirely erect the whole time, at least until they'd fucked.

Jerry hadn't gotten totally erect, just like he'd been afraid of. Once in bed he'd gone down on her without asking, whether afraid they'd be able to do nothing else or just because he wanted to she'd not determined. Likewise, she'd gone down on him, and then when it seemed obvious he just wasn't getting as hard as either of them wanted, she rolled over to her bedside table and brought out her husbands cock ring. They'd played together with it over the years, and she knew that once installed, it was quite common for his cock to get harder and harder over time, and expected that maybe the same would happen with Jerry. Her mouth and the ring had gotten him hard enough, even without Viagra. The following night they ascertained that the medicine did indeed work as described, and although it didn't last for four hours, the cock ring helped again in allowing them to couple several times before they'd fallen asleep.

12