All Comments on 'Taking a Chance'

by Scorpio44a

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
PostScriptorPostScriptorover 14 years ago
A rather odd tale, but so what...

Something of a male fantasy... and honestly, a little silly, with things happening on a time-line that's a little too fast even by short story standards.<br><P>

But, what the hell! LOL! A fanciful yarn with some hot sex scenes.

lancewmlancewmover 14 years ago
I agree - a male fantasy

Not too realistic. Way to fast. Hard hitting dialogue as though this was a police detective story. Everything pretty pat. His decision to accept an invitation out of nowhere is not explained. Yet, what the hell. Still a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Very good

One of your more romantic pices yet. Thank you.

bornagainbornagainover 14 years ago
Incredible Story

That was so incredible Scorpio44a

its so refreshing to read about a family like them.i would love to read more about them .

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Raw Power

Powerful with raw middle to smooth it through to an enjoyable ending!

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 14 years ago
Inspired!!!

Well done SCORPIO, you have again blessed us with your creative skills. What a concept! You've taken my dream and pulled it together, in an inspired manner, into such a great story. This is a truly erotic story, filled with passion and compassion and an inspired ending. Anyone can write a fuck n suck tale, few can write an erotic story. Thank You, Pete.

frankheinfrankheinover 14 years ago
Super Story

Another great story to add to your stable of great stories.

I love your concise dialog - it cuts right to the chase. Your themes also are endearing, very refreshing especially in this time. Boundaries and separations lead to discord and strife. To love without boundaries is a great thing. In some of your earlier works you wrote that we don't fall in love, that would indicate it was accidental. Instead, we can chose to love, purposefully. A beautiful thought. Keep the stories coming, I look forward to each one.

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Lovely Fantasy

Post Scriptor put it in nutshell. I am sure that I would not have gotten off my butt to drive from Los Angeles to Montana! My loss!

<P>

Scott must have lived with his biofather for the first ten years of his life, it is hard to understand how he became so fixated on Nick as Dad.

northbaybearnorthbaybearover 14 years ago
What a delicious and romantic fantasy!

Love these stories of yours the best. The imagination and the simplicity; the realness and the loveliness. Thanks for another story of the specialness of love, and its possibilities.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
good

Very creative--not too sure about the role of Allison with them----but it is just a story

Thanks for the read,

Sam

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 13 years ago
Good Job

Good Job, It has your trademark theme of the expanded family running through it, but even with the "philosophical bent", it was a good honest story.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Very well done -

I know I sound like a broken record - but at least one other comment said similar things - you NEED a context editor (she/her - he/his - and simple wrong words)

It interferes with the rhythm when reading - not the content but some of the impact.

I still love the writing, the style (both of the writing and the lifestyles you portray) and the outcomes. I also hate that I have so many of the same wishes and none of the luck of your heroes lol

Fiend6609Fiend6609over 12 years ago

I would have liked a better explanation of why Amanda held such a strong torch for so long. She comes across as a little crazy and obsessive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Read, 7-27-13

THANKS!

It was very enjoyable!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nice 5 star warm glow .. not sure about the poly.

poly. is not something i am comfortable with , but the Love in this story worked it's way into my heart. the writing is good . but the clinical & abrupt style detracts slightly & reduces the emotional effect on the reader.

xxxhugsxxx

TwistedOliver

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

This is stupendous work, it should be longer.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

viper086956viper086956over 6 years ago
Shoddy ending.

Wrapped up quickly and shoddily. Should have went 7 to 9 pages for a thorough and complete ending.

QuintiusQuintiusalmost 4 years ago
Good story but I could have used more

All in all I thought this was a rather sweet story considering how much of an erotic fantasy it turned out to be. The setting was great and the build-up and unfolding of the mystery behind the invitation and who Amanda is was done really well. I was fine with the reveal of Alison being Amanda's lover as well.

What I didn't like was the lack of details. When the story opened it was FULL of details. Actually too full of them. We didn't really need to know what the different types of music Nick listened to on his trip were, for example. That's why it was a bit mystifying that those expansive details went missing once he and Amanda got to the lodge. In the end I was just left feeling as though there was a lot more to say about this story. Why had Amanda been telling Scott about Nick ever since he was a toddler? He had a father already and nobody knew that far back that they were going to get divorced. Why was Alison so excited to see him? Sure, I get that she was in love with her sister and Amanda's happiness was her own, she was excited for her, but it seemed a little excessive. I can understand that Amanda would have had stories to tell about the nice kid she'd been in love with in high school but she talked him up and investigated his life a bit too much for just nostalgia's sake. Scott's acceptance was even more curious than Alison's, really. I wanted to know more about what was really going on and it was a little frustrating that we didn't get any answers.

Still, despite that slight dissatisfaction, I liked this story a lot. It trod the line between sweetly romantic and mysteriously obsessed in a way that I found very interesting. I doubt Scorpio44a would ever revisit it but if he ever got the inclination I'd love to read a more expanded upon version with a better epilogue. Regardless, it's a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

GREAT + + +

THANK YOU !

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53almost 2 years ago

I agree with what Quintius said. 5 stars though.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I liked this, far fetched but a nice loving read

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous