Tales after Dusk 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As the rest of the room begins to realize just exactly what is going on, there is a collective gasp.

"How could you?" the Queen cries out.

Ferris stands up. Realizing that he has been discovered, he sneers at Alecta, "How did you find him, anyways? He was nowhere near the royal tower."

Upon the cue of the King, the guards swarm around his brother and take him into custody. As he is escorted out of the room, Alecta speaks over her shoulder to him, "My heart showed me the way."

Once he is gone, a silence falls over the room. Alecta remains with her back still to everyone, taking short shallow breaths to calm herself down. She feels someone grasp her shoulder; turning around, she faces Thorne.

He holds both of her hands in his, looking into her eyes. She softly smiles, "Yes," she says.

Unable to contain his excitement, he cradles her face and presses his lips to hers.

...

"You truly look beautiful, Princess Alecta," Basil says somewhat mockingly. He, Jasper, Kane and Aiken all bow before the Princess, smiling teasingly when they rise.

"Watch your tongue," she replies playfully, "you are all to lead an honest life from here on out, as gentlemen."

Aiken stuffs his hands into his pockets, "How dull. Surely you too will get bored of being right and proper. Your highness," he adds.

"You are lucky this is my wedding day or I might just beat you to a pulp," she snips.

Thorne's fingers entwine with Alecta's. He takes a quick glance around to see if anyone but the troupe is paying attention—then he steals a kiss. "And to think, a woman of your beauty and caliber would have married a titleless pauper and lived in the woods." He smiles at her.

Kane can't help but laugh, everyone but Thorne joining in on it. He looks at each of them, "Am I missing something?" he asks.

"You didn't tell him?" Jasper asks Alecta.

She smirks. Turning to Thorne she says quietly, "I have spent many a year committing the most heinous of crimes—all of which paid handsomely. Unlike most of my counterparts, I did not squander my earnings on drink and company."

Thorne's brow furrows, "Are you saying that you have money?"

She laughs a little, "I suppose you could say that. After a certain point, being a thief changes from necessity to amusement."

"How much?" He says curiously.

Alecta appraises him, trying to discern if he is upset with her or impressed. After discovering that he isn't upset but rather curious, she whispers, "A lot. Perhaps even more than you."

Upon seeing the shock on Thorne's face, the troupe bursts out into laughter.

"Whatever she said, it is true," Aiken adds in. "She even forced us to put some aside. For our 'retirement,' she said."