Taps

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She didn't want to wear the same thing again, but it was always SO cold until late May so she reluctantly chose a long-sleeved black sweater with a tan skirt and heels. She loved the way her blonde hair worked with a black top the same way gold jewelry did so that made her decision a little more palatable. Sage found herself actually enjoying be able to dress up for a man, something she hadn't done in many years. She laughed to herself about being a modern, liberated woman yet caring about what a man she was dating thought of her appearance. "Gloria Steinem can go...herself," she thought as she finished applying her makeup and putting on a pair of long, dangling earrings to match the gold necklace she'd chosen.

Sage gave up trying to relax knowing she couldn't take her eyes off the road leading to her house until his car pulled up. After what seemed like days but had really only been maybe fifteen minutes, Brad's black Camaro pulled into her driveway. She watched him get out and thought, "I can't believe that guy is taking me out to dinner." The first thing she noticed was how good he looked and yet she had to smile when she noticed he was also wearing a black sweater over a blue shirt. He bent down and reached back in and Sage felt her heart skip a beat as his perfect butt jutted out her way.

When he stood up, she saw him smooth out a bouquet of roses and her heart skipped another beat.

She went to the door and opened it just as he was about to knock. As she did, he turned his fist which was ready to rap on the door into an open hand and sort of waved. "Um...hi!" he said having been caught off guard by her being there waiting for him.

"Hi, Brad. Please come in," she said letting him pass by.

She closed the door and Brad pulled the bouquet out from behind his back. "Beautiful flowers for a beautiful lady," he said flashing that smile that left her weak in the knees and wet somewhere else.

"Oh, my gosh! They're gorgeous," she told him sincerely. She went to get a vase and put them in water. "How's your visit going so far?"

"Umm...pretty much as expected. Not bad as long as we stay clear of politics, religion, science, current events, the military, or any other subject."

"Wow. That's gotta be tough."

"It can be a challenge," he replied. "I guess I should say right upfront I'm a Libertarian so if you happen to be a staunch conservative or a far-left liberal, we might have to agree to disagree right off the bat."

"I'm pretty much a-political so that's not an issue," she said with a smile as she finished up with the flowers. "These are just lovely, Brad. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome."

"May I offer you a drink before we go?" she asked him.

"Oh, no thank you, Sage. I'll have some wine with dinner, but I'm not much of a drinker."

"I didn't know that was allowed for Marines," she teased.

"I enjoy a cold beer now and then, but I enjoy working out a whole lot more."

Sage laughed and told him she completely agreed. "Although I probably couldn't keep up with you in the gym," she added.

"Something tells you'd have no problem keeping up with me anywhere, Sage."

His comment sent another jolt of electricity through her body as she thought of the places she would love to try and keep up with him. She laughed again when the thought of 'dirty old woman' hit her.

"You ready?" he asked her.

"Let me just grab my coat," she said. Brad helped her with it as she raised up her soft, silky hair for him. "Thank you," she said as they got ready to leave.

"I like your car," she told him as he opened the door for her.

"I was deployed a lot so I managed to save up quite a bit of money on active duty. This was kind of a 'getting out' present to myself. Not very practical for a family, but it's great for a single guy." He closed her door and went around and got in.

As he started the car Sage asked, "Is a family in your future somewhere down the road or are you a confirmed bachelor?"

He put the car in reverse, checked the mirror, and replied, "Someday. Just gotta meet the right girl, you know." He smiled at her as the car stopped before putting it into drive.

"Any luck so far?" she asked trying not to be too obvious.

He looked right at her and said, "It's a little early to sure, but I'm feeling better about that lately."

Another wave of warmth washed over her. Sage had been attracted to other men and she even fantasized about them when she and her best friend got together at bed time. But she'd never felt like this about anyone before, not even in high school. It was such a pleasant feeling and a really wonderful change from most of the last five to six years. Or would that be the last 25-to-26 years?

Brad headed north on I-5 and turned off onto 2nd Avenue. Sage was more than a little surprised when he drove into the parking area for the Metropolitan Grill, one of the nicer restaurants in the Seattle area. He helped her out of the car and offered her his arm on the way in. It was very chilly and the light breeze had a bite to it. It wasn't strong enough to mess up her very nicely-styled hair, but it did make her shiver.

"Have you thought of living someplace warmer?" she asked as they went inside.

"You know, after being stationed in southern California and spending a lot of time in the Mojave desert then spending 16 months total in Afghanistan, heat has really lost its appeal."

Sage laughed and said, "I hadn't considered it from that angle. Thomas used to say he got sick of hearing people tell him, 'But it's a dry heat.'"

"Yeah, it's like walking around with a body-sized hair dryer in your face all day, every day. When it's 110-125, dry heat is still...hot."

An attractive young woman met them and said, "Good evening. Reservations under what name, please?"

"Harmon," Brad answered.

"Your table is ready. Please follow me," she said. She led them to a very nice, very private table.

"This place is really nice," Sage told him.

"I've never been to any of the restaurants up here, but my sister just raved about it and I checked it out on line. I hope the food's as good as the ambiance," he said as he waited for her to sit down.

Every table was full and Sage couldn't help but notice that every single woman in the restaurant turned and stared at Brad. Single as in 'every one' because all of the married women looked, too. That prompted her to ask him something that made no sense to her.

"Brad, I'm really glad you asked me out, but I'm curious about something."

"Ask me anything," he said. "I'm an open book. What you see is what you get."

Sage smiled and said, "Interesting choice of words considering how attractive you are. I'm guessing you have an endless string of women from high school girls to fellow teachers to you name it, interested in you. I'm flattered you asked me out, but...why me?"

"I have a confession to make," he told her. "I'll begin by finishing my 'open book' comment. The military didn't turn me into who I am. I joined the military and the Marine Corps specifically because I loved the emphasis on principles like honor and integrity. You have to be able to trust people with your life in combat so honesty and integrity are everything. I try to never be rude or hurt anyone's feelings, but I also never lie." He paused, smiled and said, "So yes, I will tell you your butt looks big in those jeans if I think it does."

Sage laughed so hard she covered her mouth. "Guess I better keep up with my aerobics."

Brad laughed, too. "Your butt looks just fine, Sage. Trust me."

"Well thank you, Brad. I'm glad to learn you like my butt."

"With that in mind, let me explain. I wrote you because it was the right thing to do and as I said, I should have done it five years ago. I told you honestly I'd like to get together should you ever get down my way. But after seeing the picture you sent me, I have to tell you I didn't come up here just to see my sister. In fact, that picture is the only reason I asked my sister if I could stay with her."

"Brad," Sage began. "You have no idea how flattering that is to hear. Thank you. Sincerely. But I'm not young anymore. I know people hook up all the time but you could do that with someone your age in Portland. So again...why me? Is this some kind of hook up thing for you?"

"No, not at all. I have another confession to make. I don't know how you'll react to it, so I'll just be honest and let you decide. I dated girls my age from my freshman year in high school until my junior year in college. That's when I met a college professor at a bar one Friday night and she was 45 years old. I was completely smitten. Sure, she was beautiful, but she was so intelligent, so sophisticated, so...amazing. I fell hard for her, Sage. Unfortunately, she didn't fall for me. I was just another fun fling and a few months later, she called it off for very practical reasons."

"I'm so sorry. That had to be very difficult."

"I walked around in a daze for several weeks. I really, really liked this woman and I didn't care one bit about her age, but it was a big deal to her. So big, she laughed at me when I told her how I felt. Looking back, I can see why she didn't want to stay involved with me. I was 25 years younger than she was. But that relationship taught me many things. One of them is that age is just a number."

"Hmmm, where have I heard that before?" Sage mused recalling her conversation with the younger man at the gym.

"Pardon me?" Brad said.

"Nothing. Just remembering what someone once told me."

"Anyway, ever since that relationship, I've had no interest in women my age or younger. I've gone out a few times with younger women, but I'd never, ever marry one and yes, I do want to get married someday. And when I do, I want it to be with a beautiful, intelligent, loving woman—like you." Brad saw the look on her face change. "Don't worry, I'm not proposing to you. I'm just trying to answer your question. I'm very attracted to you physically, Sage, and after meeting you, I'm even more attracted to the beautiful person inside."

Their server interrupted them asking to take their orders and once she was done, Sage had another question.

"I'm very new at dating, Brad. I have no real experience with it. Just a few guys before I met my ex-husband and a few since we separated. Are you telling me this is some kind of fetish thing for you? Do you have to have an older woman or are you actually interested in me...for...me?"

"That's a very fair question and a legitimate concern. Let me see if I can answer it. Okay, if you look around this room, there are maybe 25 men in here. I'm guessing you can immediately tell which ones you find very attractive, attractive, neutral, unattractive, and very unattractive. Am I right?"

Sage found herself looking around making mental notes and had to admit Brad had a point. "Yes," she replied.

"So while looks aren't everything, you do at least want someone you find attractive, right?"

"Okay, sure. That makes sense."

"And with one quick look you can tell which guys fit the bill. That doesn't mean you might not give a less attractive guy a chance if he had many other good qualities, but like it or not, we do take looks into account."

"I won't argue with that," Sage said.

"Well, when I look at women, I see either women or girls. I'm not attracted to girls. Period. I prefer women. Me knowing what I like is no different than you knowing what you like. I don't call admitting what kind of women I prefer to be a fetish. It a preference for sure, but not some kind of fetish."

"What about children? Do you want to have any?" she asked him.

"No. Definitely not. My only dream is to find a woman to share my life with. I want us to be best friends who spend most of our time together. I don't want to suffocate her, I'd just like her to enjoy spending time with me as much as I do with her. I want to travel and take her around the world with me, you know? Granted, I'll never be rich, and money isn't that important to me, but we will be able to do things. How about you, Sage? Do you want more children?"

"Me? Heavens no! Brad, I just turned 43. I can't imagine getting up all night long to feed a baby or change diapers."

Brad smiled and said, "And those sweet little babies grow up to be teenagers, right?"

Sage rolled her eyes and said, "Thomas was a really good kid and we got very lucky even during his teen years. But I could tell you story after story about other people's children."

"You're preaching to the choir. I teach high school, remember?"

"Oh, right. You get to see it all first hand day in and day out. The moodiness, the attitude."

"I know we all go through it. I just don't want to have to ever be responsible for anyone else who's going through it."

Their meals came and they made small talk as they ate. Favorite movies and music, hobbies, places they'd like to visit, and other basics filled their time.

When they arrived back at her place, Sage asked if he'd like to come in for a drink or just to talk and Brad said he would. Sage poured them each a glass of red wine and sat down next to him on the couch. They continued to get better acquainted by sharing experiences from the past about their parents, siblings, where they grew up, school, and so forth.

It was nearly midnight when Brad said, "I can't tell you how pleasant this has been for me, Sage."

"Me, too," she told him.

He looked over at her and said, "In the spirit of total honesty, I need to tell you I've wanted to kiss you since I walked in." He smiled and said, "Would you mind?"

Sage felt her heart immediately start pounding in her chest. She felt like she was back in high school and the cutest boy had just asked her to dance. "Not at all," she told him.

He moved closer and leaned over softly kissing her on the lips. It was a very nice, very slow first kiss. When it ended, Sage said, "That was very nice."

"Yes, it was," Brad said as he kissed her again. This time he put his hand on her face as he kissed her and Sage put her hand on his shoulder. "That was even nicer, in my humble opinion," he said quietly.

"I agree," she told him.

"I uh, suppose I should probably leave," he said reluctantly.

"Oh, okay. I guess maybe you should then," she said softly, as he put his cheek next to hers.

"You are so beautiful, Sage," he whispered.

"I want to believe you, Brad. I just feel so..."

He pulled back slightly and looked at her. "It's absolutely true, Sage. I have to tell you I'm already smitten and if I don't go right now..."

"You don't have to leave," she said her voice trembling with excitement.

"Every part of me wants to stay more than anything, but..." He put his hands on her face and said, "I like you, Sage. I really like you. I don't want to rush this. I want to get to know you and savor every minute I'm with you. So...would you mind terribly if I did leave?"

"My mind is telling me to say I don't mind, but my body is screaming at me to beg you to stay."

"Mine, too," he said kissing her softly again. "But maybe we should listen to our heads tonight."

"I hate being practical," she said. "But I know you're right."

"May I see you again tomorrow?" he asked.

"Yes," she whispered. "I get home around five thirty. Just let me know when, okay?"

"I will," he said softly. "Thank you for a wonderful evening."

"It was wonderful, Brad. Thank you for dinner and for the beautiful flowers."

"My pleasure," he said kissing her one more time.

Sage walked him to the door hand in hand. He turned to her in the small foyer, put his arms around her waist, and said, "I'm not trying to rush you...or scare you...but I really am falling for you, Sage. I've never felt like this about anyone before."

"Me, either, and that scares me." She put her arms around his neck and told him, "I can't even think straight right now, Brad. You are so handsome and so...amazing...I'm not sure how I feel. All I know is I love being with you and I want to spend more time with you. Is that okay?"

"All I want is your honest answer, Sage. That will always be enough for me."

He touched her forehead with his then let his nose touch hers. "I can't get over how you make me feel...or how beautiful you are."

Sage was afraid to look into his eyes. "If you don't go right now..."

"I know," he said. He gently lifted her chin and kissed softly again. "Good night."

"Good night," she whispered letting her arms slide down to her side.

He let himself out smiling one last time at her before he left.

"Oh, my God," she said as the door closed. She stood there with her back to wall and couldn't move for several minutes. When she finally did, she felt no shame going straight to her bedroom and undressing then reaching for her new best friend.

She laid back and opened her legs aware that she was utterly drenched as she turned the tiny vibrator on. She relived the evening from beginning to good bye as the small toy buzzed softly applying stimulation in exactly the right place. Sage rarely used her fingers, but her need to 'feel him' inside her was overwhelming. She'd only been using the vibrator alone for a minute or so before inserting her middle finger. As she did, she imagined Brad on top of her, ready to take her. She could actually feel him enter her as she penetrated her sweet pussy. She gasped loudly and came immediately—harder than she ever had in her life. Her entire body tightened and the convulsion was so strong, her knees and chin nearly touched. She stifled a scream that came from somewhere deep inside her. The thought that someone this handsome, this nice, this...young, and this interested in her coupled with so much pent-up desire was the source of so much release.

Sage's body continued to twitch for several more seconds after she lifted the vibrator off her swollen clit until she was overcome with the pleasantness of the endorphin rush that washed over her brain. She set the vibrator on the night stand, rolled over on her side, and immediately fell into a very deep sleep.

Her alarm sounded like a distant clap of thunder as it began going off at 5:30am. She blindly swatted at it several times until it stopped, then drug her feet out of bed. She was exhausted but at the same time so exhilarated she couldn't wait to get to the gym and then to work, and for the day to be over so she could see him again.

For the next four days, Brad spent every available minute with Sage. He took her ice skating, they went bowling, and she'd even agreed to sit through a Seattle Mariners spring training game which people at the stadium called a 'two-blanket day' because it was that cold. They spent the evenings at her place talking, kissing, and sipping wine. By Saturday evening, the day before Brad had to leave to go home and get ready for school on Monday, the tension was so thick they could have cut it with the proverbial knife.

"I don't want to leave," he said as they snuggled on the couch.

"Then don't," she told him sweetly. "Stay with me tonight, Brad. Please?"

He kissed her said, "I will, but I don't want to leave tomorrow."

"I know. I'm already sad from thinking about it," she told him truthfully.

"Why don't you come down to Portland next weekend and stay with me?" he suggested.

"Only if you'll promise to come back here and spend the following weekend with me," she said smiling at him.

"I promise," he told her.

"So..." she said looking up into eyes.

"Bed time?" he asked not needing an answer.

"Yes," she said pulling him close to kiss him. "Will you please take me to bed?"

He kissed her for a very long time then said, "I need to tell you something before I do, though."

Sage sat up and said, "Is this serious?"

"Very," Brad told her.

"What is it? Is something wrong?" Sage thought he was kidding but was now getting very worried. "Brad? What is it? What do you need to tell me?"