All Comments on 'Tea Leaves'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There's something really pretty great about getting a new story every other week or so, you know. It's quite difficult to try and not get used to it... woe is us, etc. But seriously: I really immensely appreciate the amount of stuff you've been gifting us recently (and I'm little jealous, maybe - how you write so much in so little time is beyond me, but I can't exactly complain about it, can I).

I enjoyed this "more gentle" story, and actually found myself somewhat amused at the inanely mundane conflict. I mean, it was very sad and all - you're good at that, as you well know -, but it also made me glad I'm not in my mid-twenties anymore; "the bitch/bastard talked to the wrong girl/guy at this party" isn't the kind of problem anyone I know has had to deal with in a while, and oh boy if that isn't a relief. Thank you, as always, for writing, publishing, and editing this for us! Two more things:

1) I'm really quite sure that an author under a pseudonym (nickname, sure, potato potato) writing a story about an author writing a story under a pseudonym is in some way a grave violation of the writers' guild secret ordinances, and that they'll have your head for this.

2) Let me say this about your "trademark" carnage: I'm pretty sure whoever said that is on to something, because I would rather be an elderly mentor/adoptive father in a young adult fantasy novel than a protagonist's close relative in one of your stories. It's a real red wedding out there for those poor people.

silveraidersilveraiderover 1 year ago

If my in jest comment about 'what have you done with the real onehitwanda' after reading 'Sunshine' was some small part of the inspiration for this story then I take pleasure in that because this is a lovely story. I really like the way you develop character as the story progresses, and fill in their back story with just a few well chosen words. Beautiful writing.

ArmorlaArmorlaover 1 year ago

A majestic roller coaster.

OGG52754OGG52754over 1 year ago
Really!

Another great story and your username is onehitwanda, really? Every story has been a hit so keep it up.

chick2206chick2206over 1 year ago

You write no weave magic

MaonaighMaonaighover 1 year ago

A perfect romantic drama looking at the silly weaknesses and admirable strengths of very real people. Well done and five stars.

used2bjustjused2bjustjover 1 year ago

Enjoyed your story very much. Like the dialog and all the puns. Not sure why one of the story tags was "group sex" unless I missed it somehow. Anyways Wanda, thanks for taking the time to write and include it into your Lit story group.

5/5

J

jackie_emjackie_emover 1 year ago

I love the characters and how you develop them. The interplay is wonderful along with the verbal banter. It was a lovely romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You have a gift!

slojenniferfizzslojenniferfizzover 1 year ago

Fuck me, but you're SO good!

ValendonValendonover 1 year ago

A lovely story, exquisitely told!

Your writing makes me at once embarrassed of my own and determined to improve.

SpatulaTzarSpatulaTzarover 1 year ago

Excellent as always. Thanks for the story.

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

I enjoyed this one very much. I especially enjoyed the interaction between the two lovers. Thank you very much for the time and effort you put into this piece of work

LambchopCALambchopCAover 1 year ago

Definitely a good story, many stars. I like the way the characters develop, and I particularly like how Chloe consciously reigns in her fangirl squee. And the interaction with Jules is absolutely classic.

Plowman1957Plowman1957over 1 year ago

Your words roll over me.

A delight to enjoy.

Thank you

XactoXactoover 1 year ago

That was lovely. Doubts, fears, confusion … all the human stuff that is so familiar. Beautifully rendered!

Thank you. ❤️❤️❤️

shayneoneshayneoneover 1 year ago

well done like they say you have talent you left me wanting more i hope your life is as good as your stories be well happy and safe a fan shayne

phlxxlphlxxlover 1 year ago

Lovely like all your stories. Is Dawn something like your alter ego dear multiplehitwanda?

AnonfirefighterAnonfirefighterover 1 year ago

Onehitwanda, we need, as your readers, to petition a name change to become manyhitwanda! Another masterpiece, you make your readers feel for the characters and wish for them to have their happily ever after. Thank you for all your hard work that you do for us readers and hopefully you have a Chloe to help be your muse so we can selfishly enjoy many more stories to come.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Superb again. You write so damned well, reading your stuff is a pleasure

Mykymyk2Mykymyk2over 1 year ago

As always, a joy.

RalphTheRedNinjaRalphTheRedNinjaover 1 year ago

Chloe went from lovable to "crazy, run for the hills" in less than half a page.

It wasn't just the jealousy attack. But the fact she put Dawn in that situation to begin with.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 1 year ago

Wanda, thanks once again for another wonderful story!

ArediaArediaover 1 year ago

Another great read - your characters are so real, so alive, so believable. Generous, loving, petty, jealous, needy, giving - as we all are, and your stories are ... real/ring true/make me wish to be a part of them. Thank-you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is always a pleasure to read your stories. You are one fine writer. Thanks.

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Another great story, only cc wish it was longer

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 1 year ago

An automatic 5-star. Your stories never fail to impress with their simplicity of plots, yet well-written characters, dialogue, and emotion. This story, like all your others, is a masterclass in a gradual slow burn build-up to the point that the relationship sneaks up on the reader.

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

Another beautifully written piece — moving, heartfelt storyline around two believable, uniquely interesting characters; resonated deeply. Just as you tell us how quickly you can decide to read a book — pick any half page of this piece (hooked). By way, also love lattes (without the whip). Thanks for sharing your vivid imagination.

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 1 year ago

Very nicely written story. I loved the time you took to develop each character and their personality. Only draw backs for me was the party scene. Thought Chloe would have been a little more attentive knowing Dawn was uncomfortable around people and she is the one who invited her. The scene wasn’t what I expected. And what happened to the chair? When Chloe finally returned I was thinking she’d used the chair as a “I’m sorry, I love you” gift. Seems it ended quickly. Still 5 stars!

kathy2012kathy2012over 1 year ago

I enjoyed your latest story! Good character development, wonderful interaction, very hot sex! Please keep the stories coming!

Best Regards,

Kathy

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why has it group sex as story tag?

PeterPanicPeterPanicover 1 year ago

I do not usually read lesbian erotica. Except yours. You write such compelling dialog, then interweave it with the story and with the sex into a beautiful tapestry.

FandeborisFandeborisover 1 year ago

Another beautiful romantic story. Sometimes we don't know we are lost until we have been found. Dawn just thought she was alone, instead she was lost. Her writing was in the tubes, she had gravitated to writing lesser quality work, that just got kept her name out there, not breaking any new ground, just getting by. That is until someone crashed into her gate.

I am kind of jealous of Dawn. It is not everyday your muse comes crashing into your life and provides a new way to live. Yes, the story was amorous, sexy, filled with innuendos, cutting remarks, and the needs of two women. It was handled beautifully, Well done. Thanks.

Take Care

ca_daveca_daveover 1 year ago

First you are wonderful. Loved the story, but if Chole, knew what a Bitch Jules was, why did she not say something? Chole came across as a wise and mature woman. But the Chole at the party and in the car after was a spoiled selfish imature brat. Again love your storytelling, this one was your weakest work in my opinion. Still well written just not up there with your other stories. The reconciliation seemed rushed, almost like I need to end this now.

Rex0naRex0naover 1 year ago

Loved the story, albeit I somewhat relate to Chloe criticisms in the comments. Might wanna remove the "group sex" tag, almost skipped the story because of it.

PickFictionPickFictionover 1 year ago

Excellent, as expected. I'm never disappointed by your work. Thanks for writing and sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nothing like emotional manipulation and gaslighting to bond two people together. These two people have nothing in common and need loads of therapy. I know this is just a fictional story, but trying to heal your traumas with a rushed relationship is never the answer.

Also, what’s going on with the overuse of ellipses? I always feel like your characters are hesitating in their speech, like their not sure of themselves or their words. Is this your intention? That’s a genuine question because I need to know if I’m misunderstanding your characters and how they communicate with one another.

Your sex scenes are getting better. The last two have been displayed marked improvement. And I appreciate that you’re now writing your own stories instead of repackaging older stories from this website. I look forward to your continued development as a writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just loved it, I think you are such a good writer and your characters seem so real. Would love to read more of these two but what you've done is really complete in itself. Thanks+++

Ken_Richards57Ken_Richards57over 1 year ago

You are truly a gifted and talented writer! Thank You!!!

Note: Don't forget, you can't save every puppy in the pound.

OpenmarriageohioOpenmarriageohioover 1 year ago

Amazing! The way you write dialog is fantastic. 5 starts! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You've done it again, another truly beautiful and loving story.

Thank you

TenderTrapTenderTrapover 1 year ago

Definitely AllHitWanda for me,everyone a winner.So well written and developed.Quite the emotional rollercoaster too.Many Thanks for this,and all your other works as well.Bravo.

Rambling_ChantrixRambling_Chantrixover 1 year ago

You write need very well and compellingly. Thank you for sharing this intense love story with us!

spectral72spectral72over 1 year ago

Obviously you know this if you look at your rankings, but no one has a better top to bottom body of work than you. Simply another great submission. Can't wait for the next.

sarah4gurlzsarah4gurlzover 1 year ago

You've excelled yourself, Wanda! This is an incredibly beautiful love story, finely observed and beautifully narrated. I adore it!

Sarah

xxxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've read many of your stories and loved all of them, but something about this one spoke to me like none other. Perhaps it was Dawn's loneliness and longing for love and connection. Her dissatisfaction with her writing despite being fairly successful and appreciated. Her honesty and openness and naivete. I just want to hug her and love her. Thanks for another wonderful story. Take care <3

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

The depth and feel of your writing has changed profoundly since you've been publishing here. Near ten years now. Your storylines have gradually improved, and for these last few years, you've producing to-die-for stories.

In some ways, this one is the best yet. Its charm and simplicity make it an easy read that, when finished, you feel good about the girls, their situations, and pretty much everything in life. That's a writer's big goal.

Just don't stop writing because you've reached that goal!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think the hardest thing to write is dialog and you do it beautifully

dooboigedooboigeover 1 year ago

You write great love stories. The sex is great, too, but it fits so naturally into the story that I'm really more inclined to think of these as love stories.

dooboigedooboigeover 1 year ago

As usual with your stories, what mostly impresses me is the love story. Oh, yes, of course I love the sex, but when the sex is so meaningful, it's all the better. Better still, you manage to make your readers (at least me!) aroused with anticipation, in much the same way your characters are. That's a real gift.

S9808S9808over 1 year ago

I am lost for words. I wish I could have the imagination and ability to put together such a story that was even a fraction of this. It is such a heart warming tale that like the other stories of your are so down to earth and very believable. Your description of the characters is so vivid I could mentally envisage them to the point of being able to draw them. So good, so sweet, so uplifting, so cheery and so heartfelt. I would hate your stories to end in heartbreak which I sometimes feel could happen

Time for another one to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love your stories. I love how imperfect all your characters are and how you don't ahy away from the pain that comes hand in hand with love and romance. There are lots of authors on this site and others that write amazing stories, but yours are always my favourite because they feel real. Not only are your characters imperfect, but you never go so far as to along with the 'happily ever after' cliche. You simply help them through the pain and loneliness and leave them happy. Happy and in love in the moment, just like in real life. There are no guarantees in life and love and I adore how your stories reflect that. Its not about finding the happily ever after, its about making the most of the happy moments you find along the way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very nice.

But...

I feel unsatisfied, something was missing from this tale.

An ending.

Had this been a joke I would say the punchline fell flat, if there was a punchline at all. It is said that tomorrow is just another day; I guess that I wanted to see, to feel, to know, that there would be a tomorrow of some description for these characters, rather than to finish so abruptly. The way I had read the story I really thought that, by the end, maybe we would find Dawn writing under her own name, having gained more confidence, but the realms of fantasy rear their ugly heads with the realisation that she was a three time author aged 26 who made enough to live in a house with attached woodland in Sussex! (These days only well established authors get more than a low five figure sum for a book deal; the real money comes from selling the rights for a film or streaming production)

That is not to say we need a part two - just that the original story feels, to me, incomplete.

There were occasions when I felt a little lost with missing descriptions or unwritten assumptions. Suddenly she was naked, suddenly she was in a night dress. I am sure I reread the scene several times without being told whether it was a letter or just a sheet of folded paper.

But I do like the way the characters speak. It feels genuine, unlike in many other authors stories where everyone seems to follow a script and no one needs to take a breath or compose their thoughts.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64312 months ago

Another wonderful story!

You write so well!

But again I'm left wanting more of their story. Alas I guess that's the sign of a good author, it bring people back to your writing!

T hank you again!

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirt8 months ago

I like the story still second time around. But I’m a bit worried that Chloe isn’t quite mature enough for a lifetime relationship. For Dawns sake, I hope I’m wrong. She’s lovely

XactoXacto7 months ago

I think I enjoyed this, even more, reading it the second time. ❤️❤️❤️

DessertmanDessertman7 months ago

I cannot add anything meaningful to what has already been said, except to say again what a talented author I think you are and how much I enjoy your work.

Ben_Jack5120Ben_Jack51206 months ago

gosh… I was so anxious about something stupid happening at party… so relieved how you crafted story from there…. Thank you for such beautiful & emotional one!!!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy5 months ago

Awareness carefulness empathy love trust compassion and so on, all unconditional and a real beautiful soul garden for two will be blooming ….. we all have patches or bandages or bandaids and are easily injured, awareness will be a mouth keeper to stop hurting the soul next to you ….. fragility that’s our soul and this never should happen, being broken …. So betraying lying violence and just name it is an absolute no go

Wanda you and your marvelous talent catching day by day happenings from our society and you forming beautiful tales

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨🥰

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

Sheer magic but then why on earth would I expect less from the supreme purveyor of magic we know as onehitwanda.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Really enjoyed the tale. Thanks.

FlynDutchmanFlynDutchman2 months ago

What an amazing story! I love the chair and understand the relationship with it, as I have that myself. A pain in the butt but a staple not to be trashed. Would love more story of the two and further explanation of what the ex has on Chloe. Please need some more of your gifted story telling, soo addictive!

galadriel_fangaladriel_fanabout 2 months ago

Oh my….(fans self)….i seem to keep falling in love with Wanda’s characters. I am a sucker for puns, so these two got close and grabbed me quickly. And woodworking skills are very sexy, don’t you agree? Thanks for the magic.

LrtikagraphLrtikagraphabout 2 months ago

A lovely, warm, gentle story.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 month ago

3D characters strike again! (You know what I mean!).

Another wonderful love story.

lingerienutlingerienutabout 1 month ago

A beautifully told love story. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...

SIMILAR Stories