Tear's Desire

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hereby grant your wish. Make full use of this night, for you'll never know how long your happiness may last.

Tear managed to read the words just before the book shut itself and vanished, leaving traces of a sickly sweet smell behind. Now sure there was no one else listening in, she whispered the soft words of a healing spell, caressing her mauled fingertips.

Nothing happened.

The gentle swirl of greenish energy didn't envelop her fingers. In fact, there wasn't the slightest hint of divine energy coursing through her body. Suddenly very sober, Tear padded through the kitchen and opened a cupboard, claiming a healing potion stashed there for emergencies. She uncorked the small phial and tossed back the bitter liquid, sighing in relief as her hand healed.

It appeared as if the Moon Maiden was indeed punishing her for wooing another deity. Tear hoped that once the night was through, the Moon Maiden would forgive her. She was ready and willing to atone for her sins, as long as this night, this special night would be hers and Arach's.

Slowly she went into the bedroom and slipped out of her clothes. The words of the spell, spoken in the sibilant tongue of the Burning Pits, easily came back to her, and the gestures, nay, the teasing of her most sensitive parts was the most pleasant a dark elven spell could ever be. To her utter dismay though, there were no divine energies grasping her in their throes, no sensual shivering as a higher power answered her whispered beckons.

"What am I missing here?" Tear asked herself, standing naked in the middle of the bedroom. She felt utterly stupid all of a sudden. Maybe the book hadn't been the genuine article. Maybe it was all just a divine practical joke. Or...

She sped to the shuttered window and cracked it open. The thick wooden shutters kept the insides of the house relatively cool. When Tear poked her head out of the window, the scorching afternoon heat hit her like a padded mace. The sun stung her sensitive eyes as it hung still way above the horizon.

Maybe Desire was very literal. Maybe her ... gift only worked at night, as Tear had asked. You're a priestess. Interpreting a deity's will is what you do. But why is it so bloody difficult? Tear thought. But sitting here and complaining won't get anything accomplished.

She used the water pitcher to splash a bit of water onto her midnight-black skin, sighing in pleasure as the cool droplets seeped down her body, then she put on one of the silvery robes those of her faith loved for casual moments and busied herself cleaning up the house. When she was done sweeping, she used the well in the yard behind their house, hauling bucketfuls of water to fill the large bronze tub they had, one of the few bits of decadence Tear and Arach allowed themselves. Using a pair of tongs, Tear dug a few enchanted rocks out of a box and tossed them into the tub. Those rocks were imbued with the properties of elemental Cold, strong enough to chill everything they touched. She smiled fondly as she poured bucket after bucket into the tub, remembering when their battle companion Zentam had gifted them these stones, along with another pair which always glowed with the fires of elemental Heat. They made getting their bath water to a pleasant temperatures a breeze.

She was almost done, pouring a helping of scents into the water when she heard the door open.

"I'm home!" Arach called, kicking the door closed with the heel of her boot.

"In here," Tear said, loud enough for her lover to hear. She heard Arach drop something onto the kitchen table, then the younger dark elf was in the bathroom, struggling out of her blackened chain shirt. She sniffed appreciatively, then dropped the armor onto a stool in the corner.

"Oh, dark water lotus? Smells like a special occasion to me," she purred, hugging Tear from behind. "Look, I bought something for us," she added, spreading her fingers. Tear immediately saw it, a wide silver band encircled Arach's middle finger, intricate runes etched into the metal. A bit of amber was the only other adornment.

"For us?" Tear asked, raising an eyebrow. "So far, I only see some expensive jewelry on your hand, my imp." She turned around and shot her lover a curious look.

Arach rummaged in a belt pouch, then she pulled out a similar ring, this one in gold. Looking deep into Tear's eyes, she slid the it over her lover's ring finger, where it fit perfectly. It too had runes and also a gem set into it, this time a sliver of sapphire.

"Oh, it matches my eyes," Tear whispered in overdone awe. "But why would you spend our loot on something like this?"

"You don't like it?" Arach asked, looking crestfallen.

Tear shook her head, loose strands of hair going everywhere. "Heavens, no! It's beautiful! But why?"

"Because I never said 'thanks', not even when you dragged me out of that tavern to save me from the mad townsfolk during my first day on the surface. And for helping me forget the Chaos Queen. And for being the best friend and lover ever. I love you, Tear." The last few words she forced past a huge lump in her throat.

Tear wrapped Arach into a crushing hug and kissed her in a quick, heated flurry of tenderness. Her lips brushed Arach's eyelids, nose, cheeks and finally her mouth, her wandering hands pulling at random strings and laces of Arach's clothing.

"Hey, slow down," Arach said with a giggle. "I'm sticky and gross."

"I don't care," Tear snarled, intent on getting Arach out of her clothes. She wasn't quite sure why, but that little gesture with the ring got to her. She knew she wouldn't be content until Arach was naked, breast to breast with her.

"Just don't tear at them too much, they're my favorite," Arach complained, pushing her sweaty gambeson off her body.

"Get naked already and I won't have to yank at them," Tear growled, surprised at her own ferocity. Finally Arach had shed her garments and stood naked in front of the tub, beads of sweat glistening on her black skin. Tear rushed in and hugged her close, grinding her sex onto Arach's thigh. She claimed Arach's lips with a hungry kiss, conquering her mouth with her tongue.

"Hmm, I love it when you're this forceful," Arach purred when their kiss broke, her hands going around Tears body and pulling her in tight by her butt cheeks. "Let's get into the tub already, dearest."

"Everything you wish, seriso," Tear whispered.

Arach looked at her in wonder at the usage of dark elven language, especially the word for "lover". Usually they spoke Common, even with each other, in an unspoken accord to leave their evil heritage behind.

Using the tongs, Tear plucked the elemental stones from the bathtub and slid in, a pleased moan escaping her lips as she submerged herself up to the neck in the chilled water. Arach clambered in after her, ending up with her back against Tear's front, sitting between her lover's thighs. Tear's hands roamed over Arach's body, caressing her breasts and her sex.

"I could get used to this," Arach said with a wide grin. "Killing things, doing some errants, then coming home to find our house sparkling and my lover ready and willing."

Tear splashed a handful of water into Arach's face. "Don't get too used to it. I'm the elder one around here."

Arach craned her neck and kissed Tear on the nose. "I have nothing but love for you, revered elder." She burst out laughing when Tear attacked her sides, tickling her.

Arach turned around so she sat on Tear's lap and caught her lover's hands with her own, placing them back onto her breast and sex respectively.

"Keep them there, please," Arach whispered.

Tear's fingertips caressed her lover's shaved mound, causing Arach to sigh in pleasure. Arach's hands wandered up Tear's toned stomach until she could cup her breasts and kiss her nipples, alternating from one breast to the other. Tear closed her eyes and leaned in, kissing and licking at Arach's neck. Her lips made sloppy sounds as they travelled over cool, wet, jet-black skin. Two of Tear's fingers slithered between Arach's nether lips, soft like ebony silk, caressing from her most sensitive spot all the way along her slit until they curled inwards, invading her lover. Hot, sticky warmth greeted her intruding digits.

"By the Chaos Queen's floppy tits," Arach softly cursed, rolling her hips forwards and impaling herself deeper onto Tear's fingertips. "This is exactly what I need."

"Like it?" Tear whispered. She nibbled her way up Arach's neck, pushing a handful of her lover's snow-white hair aside to tease her earlobe and then the distinct point of her ear. Arach wrapped her arms around Tear's neck and pressed her breasts against her lover's, rocking on Tear's hand. She turned her head until she could intercept Tear's lips with her own, kissing her hungrily, hot breath escaping from her nose in quick puffs. Tear kissed her back just as hard, moaning into Arach's mouth as their tongues dueled.

With sparkling eyes, Arach broke the kiss. "Oh yes. But I would dearly love your tongue inside me," she said, drawing out the last words as Tear pumped her fingers into her.

"I told you, everything for you. Stand up," Tear ordered.

Hesitant to get away from those wonderful fingers, Arach did as she was told and stood. Water cascaded down her slender body; off the swell of her small breasts, past her taut stomach to her muscular legs. Tear grabbed a bit of soap from a wooden tray affixed to the bathtub's rim, soaped up her hands then began to lather up her lover.

Arach writhed under Tear's hands as they played with her breasts, not minding the callouses both of them sported from constant sword practice. To her, these were the most gentle hands anyone could have. She arched her back and pressed her firm breasts into Tear's hands. Tear's fingers pinched her nipples, eliciting a surprised gasp. Far too soon, Tear's hands wandered lower. Arach moaned softly and used one of her own hands to caress herself.

"Spread your legs for me, love," Tear said.

Arach slid her feet apart, careful not to lose her balance in the tub, and Tear's soapy hands wandered up the insides of her legs, going slower the further up they went. Instead of homing onto Arach's wet sex, Tear thoroughly lathered up her thighs.

Arach swayed her hips, trying to force Tear's fingers to go where she wanted. Tear placed a playful kiss onto Arach's stomach. "My, you're desperate, huh," she teased.

"Stop torturing me," Arach begged, placing a hand onto her pussy.

Tear 'tsk'ed and pulled it away. "No cheating, love." With quick, yet gentle motions, Tear cleaned Arach's pussy, making sure to pleasure her clit with her thumb while doing so. Arach's sighs turned to moans. Tear stopped and submerged her hands into the water.

"Hey! I was getting close!" Arach protested, putting her hands on her hips.

"I know. Turn around."

"I hope you'll finish what you started. Otherwise I'll take my arousal elsewhere. I heard Shilana would be curious," Arach teased, turning around and wriggling her butt in Tear's face.

Tear laughed merrily as she soaped up Arach's shoulders. "Our fearless battle mage can't resist our charms forever, is that what you're implying? Or are you willing to mind-control her, risking death by thunderstorm once she comes to her senses?"

"When you say it like that, I think I'd better stick with you. You can't resist me at all," Arach said with a chuckle. "Hmmm. Play with my butt." Using the wall for support, Arach leaned forward, thrusting her ass Tear's way.

Her lover's soapy hands kneaded her ass cheeks, even spread them to allow Tear to thoroughly soap up the crack. Her thumb teased Arach's puckered rosebud, causing the bent-over dark elf to gasp in surprise.

"I'm a naughty, naughty dark elf," Tear murmured, scooping handfuls of cool water over Arach's derriere. Then she leaned in, spread Arach's butt cheeks again and speared her tongue into Arach's pussy from behind, attacking her lover for all she was worth.

Arach tossed her head back and let out a long, drawn-out moan of lust. Tear made sounds Arach had seldom heard from her, but the unladylike slurping only heightened her arousal. Before she knew it, she was uncontrollably bucking against Tear's mouth and tongue, gasping air into her lungs. Tear added two fingers while she nibbled at Arach's clit, pumping the wet digits slowly into her. Arach squealed in delight as she came, smothering Tear's face with her pussy. Tear didn't let up, only stopping when Arach's knees gave out and she slid into the tub, panting heavily. Tear held her and caressed Arach's wet hair.

"Now you," Arach whispered, her hand crawling along Tear's thigh.

Shaking her head, Tear intercepted Arach's hand. "I'll get my fill, after dinner."

* * * *

When they came out of the bathroom, Tear quickly opened a window and checked the time. To her dismay, the sun still was above the horizon, bathing Storm Harbour in an impressive shade of orange, turning the grey city into a majestic, glowing jewel. Behind her in the kitchen, she heard Arach humming a melody, a hymn praising the Moon Maiden. Suddenly feeling like a guilty thief, Tear closed her hand around her holy symbol. But the calm usually radiating from the simple silver disc wasn't there. She clutched a lifeless piece of jewelry, and the implications doused her arousal worse than a bucket of ice water. Silently praying to every deity in earshot to forgive her, she closed the shutters again and joined Arach, who was frying two slices of steak. The heat from the stove only added to the sullen heat inside the house and Tear felt sweat bead on her skin, despite only wearing her airy robe.

"And here I thought you'd let me do all the cooking for our victory feast," Arach said, flipping the steaks.

"You know me better than that," Tear said, grabbing a dagger and some vegetables. "You're doing great with the meat, let me whip up a salad." She set to work, peeling the veggies with quick, practiced slices of the dagger.

Arach resumed her humming, absent-mindedly swaying to the tune. Her robe swirled around her thighs. Spellbound, Tear watched her little dance. Suddenly, a sharp pain yanked her out of her thoughts. Cursing, she looked at her hands. While chopping a carrot, the dagger had slipped and cut deeply into her finger.

"What happened?" Arach asked, wrapping an arm around Tear's waist.

"Chopped my finger instead of the veggies," Tear spat.

Arach took Tear's bleeding hand into hers and hummed a soothing melody. Her holy symbol, a twin to Tear's, hanging between her breasts, glinted as if moonlight was washing over it, then she breathed a kiss onto Tear's bloody fingers.

Nothing happened. No gentle nimbus of healing energies.

"That's odd," Arach said, wrinkling her forehead. "Why are you not healing?"

"Uhh... Maybe a side effect of the bathing stones?" Tear lied. "We should have another healing potion somewhere, right?"

"Don't move, I'll get it." Shooting her lover a concerned look, Arach zipped into the bedroom. Tear heard her rummage through their adventuring gear, then, a small triumphant "Ah-ha!" as she found the potion. With a few quick strides, Arach was back, uncorking the phial as she went.

"Here, have this," she said, brandishing the potion. Tear, hand shaking slightly, took the offered item and drank it, scowling as the bitter liquid oozed down her throat. She felt the skin knit.

"Thank you," she breathed, rising. "Let me wash my hands." Tear sniffed. "And watch the meat!" On shaky legs, Tear walked into the bedroom and used the wash table there to clean the blood away. Why in the Burning Pits did she lie to Arach?

I must be going completely mad, she thought. Am I doing this just to surprise her? We promised each other to never have any secrets, damn it! This is turning into a nightmare! She knew full well why Arach's spell hadn't worked. She had fallen from grace and the Moon Maiden reminded her of it, painfully so. Until she atoned for her sin, she would refuse any and all divine aid.

Thoroughly sobered up, she slinked back into the kitchen where Arach was laying the table. The steaks smelled delicious and Arach even had managed to salvage the salad. She placed a basket with roast bread between their plates and wine flutes and looked up, nothing but burning love for Tear in her eyes.

"Come, let's eat," the younger dark elf said, gesturing at the table. Tear fought a huge lump in her throat and stealthily swabbed at the corners of her eyes when Arach was busy digging around in their wine cabinet. She wanted to cry her eyes out, confess everything. A small, long-buried part of her reminded Tear that she still was a dark elven noble, a former priestess of the Chaos Queen, and a little heresy was hardly anything to spill tears over.

"Thou shalt never show weakness, because perceived or real weakness is the first step in thine undoing." Why was she reciting one of the many rules the Chaos Queen had imposed onto her followers? She needed to calm down.

"Arach," she said.

"Hm?" Her lover looked at her over her shoulder, hand halfway up to a blackened bottle of wine made in the Depths.

"Tell me that story. Why do you hate necromancers?"

"Really? Now? I'm sure it will kill the mood completely," Arach said, picking up the bottle. "You think this is appropriate?"

You have no idea how much, Tear thought.

"You asked for it," Arach said with a grim smile, opening the bottle and pouring the fragrant, green wine into their glasses.

"Up until the moment I enrolled into the Academy, the only people I knew were my brothers, Nym and Ryorl, my older sister Tara and the rest of the Household. Things were easy. I had to show respect to Mother and Tara and everyone else had to treat me like their princess. Imagine the shock when suddenly I wasn't the only one any more. Twelve heiresses to noble houses we were, every single one of us just as vain and pampered as the others. The senior priestesses treated us worse than slaves, because in their eyes, we hadn't accomplished anything praiseworthy yet, and so each and every one of us sought to gain standing and power in our small circle, no matter what. Within the first day, I had nearly killed another priestess, Mizzra, for slighting me and she repaid the favor by ramming a poisoned heel spur into my stomach. Had it not been for another one of our circle, a relatively calm girl named Agelena who sucked the poison from that wound, I might have died horribly back then."

"Agelena came from a House much lower in Elk'aun's, my home city's pecking order, and she wasn't a ruthless fighter like Mizzra or I were. So she sought to protect herself by surrounding herself with those stronger than her, and she paid for the protection with magical secrets and warming my bed. She was the one to teach me the shape-shifting spell before it came up in class, and I made good use of it to fuck her raw whenever the fancy took us."

Arach took a swig from her wine, smacking her lips. "This reminds me of home, now that I'm talking about it."

"Go on. What happened next?" Tear asked around a mouthful of steak.

"Believe it or not, Agelena and I became friends. In the beginning it was mutual profit, yes, but eventually, we realized that we could indeed trust each other. She knew she couldn't outfight me and I knew that trying to backstab her wasn't wise, so we stopped pretending and became friends and lovers."

"What about Mizzra?" Tear asked.

"She viewed herself as the ruler of our class. Her House sat on the Ruling Council and thus she believed she was better than the lot of us. She had her own court of sycophants, all those girls sucking up to her, hoping to rise in standing when they associated with her. The only good thing I remember coming of this were the orgies in the dormitory. Mizzra was as decadent as they came, usually being serviced by no less than three of her 'maids'. Didn't change the fact she tried to make life miserable for me and Agelena. At around our third year, the 'accidents', the attempted poisonings, the slandering, were all par for the course. And worst of all, I ended up being responsible for setting up the spellcasting chamber."