All Comments on 'Temporary Romance'

by Boxlicker101

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
PrincessErinPrincessErinabout 15 years ago
Awwww

I really liked this story. It was well written and very romantic. Can I be cheeky and tell you that there was no hot sweaty sex and what did it have to do with Valentine's Day :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
good, overall

Cute and entertaining. The story is nominally improbable, but for the most part, quite appealing. (I never did make sense of the bit that Nicole had been around food all her life...but she (apparently) isn't some great cook, and it's reasonable to presume that Jim has been "around food" also.) But overall, cute story. Keep writing.

-- KK in Texas

heartfeltheartfeltabout 15 years ago
Romantic

Hi, Boxlicker. You were one of the first to welcome me here, an I would like to say thank you. Loved the story. It was sweet with realistic regular people. You did a nice job of expressing the feelings so many of us have.

Beware or disregard the anon. troll.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Loved it so much...

that I was really upset to see it end right there! You should consider writing a story like this and making it into a series. It's *that* good. Awesome work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Very nice

A nice story... Please continue it into at least one more chapter, if not a series.

txcoatl1970txcoatl1970about 15 years ago
Lots of goodies here

I love the slow burn. It rings true for me because I did my turn in temp purgatory and could easily have been Jim. I was in the Navy myself, but a little less shy with women when I got out. At any rate, great beginning and keep up the splendid work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Excellent

I good story about ordinary people and the excitement of love and passion.

Please continue writing as you capture thoughts and feel;ings very well.

SweetPrettyAssSweetPrettyAssabout 15 years ago
I liked it

I really liked this story. It built up slowly to a conclusion without any actual sex. Not like your usual tale, but good.

lindtchillilindtchilliabout 15 years ago
The slow burn is always good...

... but have you considered starting a story "in media res", instead of with a whole bunch of backstory? Would have grabbed me quicker if I hadn't been hit between the eyes with her personal history first, though I totally understood why you wanted to include that info. Would be a good candidate for "show not tell" though, and would have been more interesting to find out that information in the course of the story rather than in one big block at the start. My only complaint!

humminbeanhumminbeanabout 15 years ago
Just plain people!

They're not the rich ones, the smart ones, the beautiful ones. They're not "National Geographic" or "Extreme Sports" people. Just people, like most of us.

And, like all of us, want some lovin'. And, like all of us, deserve it. And, like way too few of us, they find it.

The people who aren't the "beautiful people," they can be really beautiful. Like these two

-- hb

sailing101sailing101over 14 years ago
Great Fantasy

What can I say? You write great little stories and I enjoy

reading them.

Mostera1Mostera1about 12 years ago
Sweet Story

This was well done not over or under cooked. Perfect. The ending provided a reasonable closure which is sorely lacking in a lot of stories.

Thank you!

M1

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous