All Comments on 'Testing Relationships'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another great story!

They've been rolling out lately! We've had a few. This one is right up there. 5*s. One great one and three dogs, today. One out of four ain't bad!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

I liked this one a lot. Good guy winds up with the gold and the slut gets the business. Can't ask for more than that. Easy five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This is just plain sad. No more please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I loved the club description

That brings back memories of times in the past. Yep and that crap went on night after night. Sad to say some of the nights I was not the bad side of the happenings. But all things came out in the end!!! 4

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Perfection

Way to flip the script on the bitch! Fun story. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hmm,

I'm glad that Eric is happy and that Eve got her due. I know this is fiction, but the ending and pursuit of Eric by a beautiful, rich girl at his moment of greatest need is just not believable, even for fiction. I did enjoy the story and look forward to reading more of your work.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
Sudoriferous Execution of Story with Concept that was Both Very Intriguing and Challenging

If a reader has enjoyed stev2244's past body of literary work , then this story will hit the spot🤗. . Conversely his critics will find ample fodder to be vexed by this tale. To me , his skills are nigh nonpareil in vividly depicting a woman in committed relationship who is not all-in on the monogamy aspect as opposed to her steady , low-key narrator hubby/fiancee . This was no exception .

The main characters Eva and Eric were very well portrayed. The supporting characters of Sonja ( the benevolent and beauteous stalker ), Max and Lena got minimum attention . I thought 💭 a setup scene which gave a glimpse of Sonja in her caterpillar /pre-butterfly incarnation was merited to best showcase the reveal of the web she wove for the object of her desire .

Yet Eva's extended delusional soliloquy where her flawed rationales are explained was VERY good and comical. It's surreal to read , but a man who hasn't known a irratiinally confidant woman under the influence of wanting to be mistress of polyamorous domain knows that fiction can't hold a candle to truth in this regard.

Not all women fall into this category - but some do and this author nails that feminine archetype in story after story . Often reconciliation can occur if Stev2244 seems them worthy of forgiveness. Not this time . The narrator opted out of ill-fitting union. Eva's pride took a hit , but her dance card will be full , once romantic scab heals.

No need for overkill or bitch burning . Whew !

I thank the author for sharing even as I admonish him to consider polishing his supporting cast to better feature his main characters ( and star agenda ) .

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
twisted

Happy-ending fantasies like this are cover-ups. But for what?

Eric already has a history of fuck-up decisions with his first wife-from-hell. Why should second time be any better? Eva is a complete idiot, right? A rolling mass of contradictions. Genuine love for Eric and behaving that way. Well, of course she has to be truly in love with Eric. Otherwise, him dumping her would have no power of revenge. She has to love him to be hurt, to be remorseful. So what does that mean? That Eric loves to hurt the one who loves him?

A mass of twisted contradictions. But who says a fantasy has to be logical?

looking4itlooking4itover 5 years ago

He should have reminded Eva that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved it!

An honest-to-goodness story with a plot, and one with a twist. Great writing!

muncher354muncher354over 5 years ago
Lmao

Man what a joke of a story. Haha

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done!

It may be corny, but I like when good person wins!

Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This was some funny shit!

stev2244 has become the master of the confused, understated common schmuck. The observations made by our hero were amusing as hell, but I could totally relate to his feelings, observations, and thoughts. Quite brilliant, really. 5 *s and 😁😁😁😁!

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nope

Not worth the time

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

"having to watch her heavy-duty flirting was so damn disrespectful and humiliating" - find some hot babe and do some heavy-duty flirting of my own! Give her a taste of her own medicine. He says it's not his style, that it would "justify" her behavior? I don't think so, since she's been doing it first and longer. If anything, it's HER flirting that would be justifying his!

I don't see how seeing him with the hottie gives Eva an excuse for anything, rather it could be a wake-up call that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I had thought that maybe Sonja WAS a "relationship tester," maybe she was a set-up by Eva to do just what he feared, to give her an excuse to escalate things.

He can't do anything about the guy, but he should make her delete the guy's contact info off of her phone.

I knew that she and Max, maybe with Lena's cooperation were planning a swap. I wonder if Lena's really even his girlfriend, maybe just someone Max hooked up with, contingent on her promise to play along.

"I've tried to hide it to not hurt you" - Not very successfully, he should tell her! He should also tell her, that if they're each going to play, that he'll pick his own partner, and pick the blond from the club!

If Max is so great, what makes her think that she will be happy with just the once?

Hey, Eva gave her permission to play. She might have intended it to be with Lena, but he didn't get to choose her partner, so she has no veto on his.

Even if their relationship wasn't already over, once Eva went to Max, all bets were off.

Nice twist with Max being a set up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
good story

The new relationship was a bit sudden and i feel you could have ran this story for another chapter or possibly two developing Eric's new relationship with Sonja. Swinging/Swapping only works if both parties involved are willing or the reluctant person is dependent upon the one who wants to swing/swap. That at least is my experience as the reluctant party, strangely enough I end up with the other reluctant spouse and that was 28 years and four children ago. So the swap did work out very well for just not so well for the two that originally wanted to do the swap.

rnebularrnebularover 5 years ago
Really enjoyed the fantasy

It was a nice small twist on the idea of a relationship tester. The overall "yeah right" factor was high, but enough to make the whole thing enjoyable as like a movie. You know that it's all just acting, but still really enjoy it. Thanks for sharing!

Rnebular

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 5 years ago
I liked this!

Obviously out of a fantasy land where justice prevails and the nice guys don't end up last. But well-written with a nice unexpected twist; this was a well-written dream massively up there on the general improbability scale, but so much fun for all that.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 5 years ago
Love your style.

You have such a distinct style that I enjoy so much. Great job. 5 Stars! Thank you for sharing.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
Feel Good

Wow! A feel good story. An island in a sea of misery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damn funny

Good read and just the right length. Keep it up sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I don't know about being a great story?

It's certainly better than we have been getting lately. For a guy who's supposed to honest and trustworthy he sure had sex with the blond in a hurry. Personally, I don't think any of the character had enough morals to fill a cup.

I still gave it a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well

The end is a farce but glad the husband got away from the disrespectful bitch he married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I realize that Stev2244 isn't that dark and twisted, but

I kept expecting the DREAM girl to be an ACTUAL dream. Like, too good to be true, because she literally was. Fantasizing about his PERFECT 10 because his actual wife was sliding evermore down the scale of attractiveness, in reality. I pictured the experience to be a hazy, drinking-at-the-club induced vision of how he thought it might go, and perhaps more importantly how he still hoped it might turn out. And then(much like Scrooge on Christmas morning after being visited by the ghosts of past present and future), finally found the strength to gird his loins and confront his wife, to clearly and confidently chastise this behavior once and for all. The result being either ending her flirtatious and disrespectful behavior in total, or ending the marriage in divorce.

As far a suspension of disbelief? Rich girls are never ugly ducklings that mature into graceful, yet cunning, swans. The money is there to fortify their self esteem from an early age. The stereotype seemed off to me in this presentation, because her family was wealthy. Perhaps she could come into her money some other way, after a failed first marriage, or a victorious lawsuit?

Additionally, in these scenes where she (cheating wifey) sets every aspect of the swapping plan in motion, underestimating hubbies probable reaction, but goes on with it anyway? After he tells her (in effect, if not literally), that her marriage is over if she walks out the door, but she leaves anyway with a shrug off? Just once, I'd like to see that actually work, LOL! Ultimatums can be problematic, to be sure. But, if he says he'll leave her, no growing old together, no safety net to fall back on, wouldn't that get most people to think twice in real life? Obviously, her not going through with it THEN, is no guarantee against it not happing in the future, but still. How self absorbed does a character have to be to ignore something like that? I have always found this a weak part of the formula for stories like this.

I always appreciate your efforts, and I thank you for submitting the only LW story here I'm going to read today. It did end in that sweet way that I suppose is becoming more and more a signature of your style.

Please keep writing here, we need you! And Thanks Again!

jasonnhjasonnhover 5 years ago
Fantasy Island

I liked the outcome but Eric is the luckiest SOB on the planet as well as being completely clueless. It's great that he stands up to Eva and it's refreshing that he didn't have to destroy her to get out of a bad situation; just a simple, low drama divorce. On the other hand, he's pretty wimpy in the club. I get it. He loves her and she hadn't crossed the cheating line. He was willing to put up with a lot of crap for the woman he loves.

Then she crossed the line.

His response was great. Goodbye Eva. Even before he know about Sonja.

The relationship with Sonja is a fantasy come true. A stunning woman from his past that has been stalking him, even baiting Eva to get rid of her (showing the balls he lacked), and is fabulously rich as well? It's hard to take seriously and his previous morals seem to conveniently vanish but what the heck, it's a story. People DO win the lottery jackpot, just not most people.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 5 years ago
original

I like original. 5*

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Nice fantasy for the morning read.

Cinderella, male version. The twist was fun.

oshawoshawover 5 years ago

Enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fun

This story was a lot of fun but also a moral for a flirty, disrespectful and cheating wife. Keep up the fun work!

T.T.

cindylynn34cindylynn34over 5 years ago

Great work. Thank you for showing us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love this story!

I read cuck and chatting stories, but they make me sad most of the time - I’m not sure why I read them, honestly. This one though, what a great twist! I only wish Sonja would have called Max in the middle of their fuck session and told him to drop the bitch like a hot rock. That would have been awesome! Great story, thanks for the happy ending!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
You have to appreciate the humor displayed

by stev2244. It's subtle, clever, and continuous. Never mind the plot line, just enjoy the wonderful writing. This is some of the best humor we have seen here in a very long time. Thanks for the hard work for us readers!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "I don't know about being a great story?"

I don't know why you have such trouble with him sex with Sonja in such a hurry. Eva's the one that set it up so that they were EACH having sex with others, she just didn't get to choose his partner!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@jasonhh Re: "His Previous Morals"

His previous morals became moot when Eva walk out on him to have sex with Max over his objections!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
What happened to ordinary people?

Eva is described as being cute, but not an unbelievable hottie, but she's got every man in the joint sniffing around after her. Sonya, on the other hand, is a former geek girl turned into Aphrodite on earth, yet she's solely attracted to Eric, whom 95% of women can't even see.

As Hugh Laurie once said on 'House,' 9s don't marry 4s, not unless the 4s are wealthy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why not?

A really feel good story! They’re rare here, and while this one requires at least a little suspension of reality, it does accomplish what this genre advertises, and even gets to revenge albeit without the mayhem.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 5 years ago
I also like your style

Thanks for sharing your originality in such an excellent manner.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Well, I thought the story was great.

Wife that was a source of anxiety is discarded, the new hotness moves in and scoops him up, turning out to be the old not-so-hotness gone sick nasty hot, the old sloot is given a dose of unpleasant reality, it's funny, well-written, and I loved it. Just a nice little fantasy to make a nice read on a nice morning. What more could you ask from a story? There isn't another non-native English speaker on the site with anything close to this level of expertise. Very impressive. Five stars. Thanks for the story, Randi.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 5 years ago
Run away, Eric! Run away!!!

Holy shit what a psychopath Sonja is! She stalked this guy for how long? Bought an apartment on the hunch that he'd be looking for him? Pried his wife away from him so she could have him all to herself?? HOLY CRAP!

How long before psycho Sonja starts lopping off his body parts with a butter knife the moment she catches him looking at another woman? I'd sleep with one eye open!

Poor Eric has some horrible taste in women. Eva is an equally horrible person, but for different reasons. She is yet another victim of Cockcrazitis. Max is just SO handsome that she HAS to have sex with him? Really? She really can't help herself?

I'd estimate that 100% of wives in real life would have stopped talking when her wife-swapping proposal was met with reluctance. Only in fiction would a wife continue to press the issue again and again. And only in LW World do wives inform their husbands that they're going to have sex with another man and then leave while he's fuming mad about it.

It is an entertaining story, but completely ludicrous. Thanks for contributing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
FINALLY! Stev2244 puts a decent ending to a story!

Having suffered thru stories like "Losing Katy" and "My wife became a groupie" wherein the women stomp all over their men and the men STILL take them back, I'm very happy to read a story where the man gets his! I've enjoyed your writing for awhile but was always frustrated by a perceived "wimpiness" in your lead male characters. This story was a refreshing change. His wife cheats, he packs, leaves and is, surprisingly, quickly rewarded. Unlikely? Yep. But this is fiction and it made for a fun and entertaining read. He wasn't a willing cuckold. Good on Ya!

5 stars

PS - Ignore SJ - he's been a pissant for years and no one cares what he says about anything.

RTR10RTR10over 5 years ago

Sonja seems like a bunny boiler.....a scary, stalking, psycho. Had he been happily married with kids, would she still have broken his marriage up? More than likely....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done, not medium rare

A good read, chock full of well-crafted sentences. While the premise is a bit far-fetched, it's certainly consistent with the Horatio Alger axiom: The plucky get lucky. Enjoyed it, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Highly improbable

But entertaining and well written. A rare 5* in the LW category.

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
In A Way I Can Understand How Sonja Can Happen

I've dated quite a bit, but recently I looked back and thought 3 women might have been ones that got away. All three I either dated briefly or became friendly with and chose not to date. The reason I chose not to date two of the three was because I thought things could get very serious with them and at the time I didn't want a serious relationship. So those relationships were never fully explored so they still had that potential of could have been the "one". So in this case for Sonja, Eric was never fully explored. She had a big crush on him and they never dated so he stayed as this major potential mate, because the relationship was never explored.

Maybe I should go back and try out each of the women. From Facebook I found out one is married to a doctor with two children. I ran into her in a doctor's waiting room (different doctor) a few years ago with her child. She kept on looking over to me smiling, but while she looked familiar to me I didn't realize who she was until a couple of days later. I just thought she was flirting and didn't realize she recognized me. Maybe I need to send a relationship tester to her husband and see where this goes. Well, if that one doesn't take there are two more potentials.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

You're an excellent writer. I thought Sonja was adorable. You ought to know about psycho stalkers, @swingerjoe. How many years have you been stalking Blackrandi? I guess that makes you qualified to look into the psyche of stalkers.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 5 years ago
The cheating with Sonja happened way too fast

But this was surprisingly good. Eric's reactions were realistic and even the initial flirting was well written.

Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Crossing lines is dangerous

I wonder what would happened if the poor guy had not refused to close the swap.

The whole set up was a delicious and fun fantasy.

My account seems to have disappeared! Maybe it is a sign that I should not waste so much time.

Bruce22

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 5 years ago
Enjoyed it.

stev2244 is, as someone else has said, the master of the Everyman character who goes through life wondering what just happened here, especially where women are concerned, but somehow manages to survive the stuff people do to him and land on his feet. The reversal of the relationship tester trope was very well done. This story had to be told with a light touch, and stev2244 did that well. Eric doesn't take himself too seriously, which leaves us free to suspend our disbelief and go along. Very good writing and imagining.

GA

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

Yes, a fantasy. But so what. As for Hugh Laurie's "wisdom", 9's may not DATE 4's, unless they already know them. This was the clever "hook" in the tale -- she knew him from way back when, before she became a "10." And perhaps she was wise enough (it's rare but not unheard of) to select on other things.

Anyway, quite enjoyable.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
Great story! The one that got away came back for him

and rescued him form his wife from Hell.

A "loving" wife is replaced by a Loving Wife.

Cheating and romance all in one story. Nicely done, too,

bumknee52bumknee52over 5 years ago
Sweet

But not erotic.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 5 years ago
Ho often does the greatest plan . . .

. . . backfire when confronted by reality.

Good love story, and I have long been a sucker for a good love story. I'll keep looking for more from you Stev2244, thanks for sharing with us.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 5 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the effort. Ignore the naysayers.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
bit creepy

but entertaining 5*

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
Loved the description of the 08/15

I've been in too many places like that, always hated them. When you have to scream to talk to someone, it seems like punishment. Then paying more for the privilege pushes it toward masochism.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 5 years ago
Thanks!!

That was fun....and even if he was a wimp at first he stood his ground when it mattered and was rewarded. Keep writing!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@ReedRichards Re: "What happened to ordinary people?"

For pussy hounds like most of the guys in that club, a woman doesn't have to be hot, just available, and she was certainly making herself available!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
you know what?

People CAN change, but it's rare.

It's rare for a whole host of reasons.

Adults have fully formed behaviors, patterns, and beliefs. It usually takes a complete overhaul because a new house needs a new foundation when it comes to new beliefs and behaviors.

Inner change is FAR more powerful a motivator. The ex-wife only felt an outside motivation to change. Her inner motivations remained largely static.

Change is....WORK. And work sucks! It's really easy to give up early. In fact most of all human invention is a result of how dang lazy we really are! We LIKE easy paths by design! And changing your ways is, you better believe, hard hard work.

Most everyone I know that's cheated on a partner has NOT changed. I changed from cheater to loyal, but I had MORE going for me. I fundamentally believed cheating was wrong and believed it completely. I didn't need to restructure my beliefs, I cheated because I was bitter and hurt at someone else in my past. I confessed! Sounds easy? NOPE. It's so hard to tell the person you love something that'll not only break them, but justifiably KICK YOU OUT of the relationship. So there's that. And after you confess, you say you'll basically crawl on glass to get them back. You gotta humble yourself, take on all their pain and anger, and suck it up...and they may still justifiably kick you out after trying to forgive you.

That's a lot to own up to, and his ex wife wasn't even 20% of the way there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
08-15

How to FURBAR a marriage 08-15 indeed

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Boom!

Good story! Didn't see that coming.

Heck, had me thinking some heavenly or cosmic force was at work. Well executed, well explained.

Five Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank You

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was falling for a girl in my class. Unfortunately, she was the girl friend of a friend of mine and I would not make a move, even when she hinted she wanted me to. I would love to see her today, just to tell her that, because, deep in, the whole where my soul should be, I still love her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Different but weird

Never would happen as you wrote it

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasover 5 years ago
Writing with Style

I gave you five stars because of your excellent style, your use of expressive imagery (braces to make a scrap dealer drool, women like this shouldn't walk around in real life...at least shouldn't do it here, etc).

A good read overall, and a nice ending. For what it's worth, I think you're a good enough writer to give us more "show" and less "tell". You used a lot of exposition in the early part of the story. Dialogue could have gotten those ideas across in a more interesting way.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to share this fun story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
so he dumped one slut

To marry another. Career loser.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Went too far

Shortly after I married we attended the after party of a friends marriage. My wife decided to dance with another young man rather than me. I went outside immediately and if I had transport I would have left her there too. She came out after me and we made up. However, she realised it was not something I would put up with.

Eric let it go more than once thus fostering the idea that she could get away with the disrespect every time they went out. Sorry but once would have been more than enough...

Impo_64Impo_64over 5 years ago
This is a very good story...

This is a very good story...It has some issues, but they don't affect it very much...And a question remains: will he be attentive to Sonja's schemes? 4*

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Nice Twist and a story told well

Did not see the twist coming. Agree completely with the description about the club scene. Well done.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 5 years ago
Finally a husband with balls!

So many of these stories portray the husband as weak, and whiny while the wives are strong and forceful. This is one of the few where the wife pushed the agenda, and the husband kicked her to the curb. Eva didn't think this would affect their relationship, but it did, just not how she ever imagined it would. Really great story that is well told. Sonja was a great plot twist. I give it a 5.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good twist

Wasn't expecting it to go that way, so good surprise. I like your style.

cindylynn34cindylynn34over 5 years ago

I see two cowards comments. Why would this not happen in real life? It has and always will. The other coward... She was not any kind of slut. Just a teen who turned woman and knew who she felt extra drawn to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

A fantasy, but a fun read. Stev2244 has written even more over the top fantasy stories before, but usually they're fantasies a potential cheating wife might have about the crazy things she'd be able to get away with if her husband would forgive her no matter what she did. This was more a fantasy for cheated husbands about easily getting an amazing new woman while their ex still pines for them. I'm in neither category, but I enjoyed it.

Thanks for the story,

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

Very good story. Well written. Thanx

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Went too far"

It's not like he calmly accepted her outrageous flirting so she thought it was okay to ramp things up. They had big fights over how she acted, usually resulting in icy relations all weekend until the make-up sex on Sunday, so he WASN'T "fostering the idea that she could get away with the disrespect every time they went out,"

Now, should he have just walked out and left her there? Maybe; Refused to go? Maybe. There is a line between dancing, even dirty dancing, and sex, and he made it ABUNDANTLY clear that he wouldn't stand for it being crossed.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
Okay!

What an amusing tale. Going my original groans to a happy smiling face. Ah ha, be very careful what you force others to do. It may backfire. Thanks for your story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous 08/30/18 Re: "08-15"

Maybe it was just a typo, but the term is "FUBAR," not "FURBAR."

FUBAR stands for Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition.

fazerboy1fazerboy1over 5 years ago

Great story. Really liked it and I am pleased that you are still writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice fantasy

Ah, if only real life worked this way.

Nice to dream though.

Perks40Perks40over 5 years ago
Enjoying

Great storie, really enjoyed it, made a chance from all the cuckold and wimp stories on this site...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I can't understand how you can put together a great story like this, and also a pile of shit like Losing Katie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you

As it says.... thank you for a beautiful story.

KT

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Passed the test with flying colours

Thank you, a sweet and uplifting story on this thread makes a refreshing change. Nice one.

Ironman52Ironman52over 5 years ago
Nice story. 5*

Excellent story. I love HEAs

writing was first class.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
earth to stev

Miss reality much. I enjoyed the story and liked the flirt dumped. but with all the build up you really missed the best part of the story. You should have spent just as much time with the last part of the story. I think dear ole daddy in law deserved a great big ole raspberry. Not to mention the reactions of the bitch through the divorce. Another chapter would have evened this story out. But, still worth 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Kind of lame. He should have never married Eva to begin with, . . .

and sure as hell should not have indulged her flirting and callous disrespect. He got what he deserved from the selfish immature whore. Fortunately Eva got what she deserved for her betrayal.

What's funny, is Eva will do it again, with the next sucker husband.

Thanks for the effort.

mitchawamitchawaover 5 years ago
Cheating is a many splendared thing.

A very good story with an innovative plot, well-defined characters, a perfect pace, superior dialogue both internal and external. I liked the switch between who was the tester and the testee. Well done. I would have enjoyed more graphic sex, but I understand your reasoning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Self absorbed

Boring

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Story

Well written. Great story line. The dream of every man married to an excessively flirtacious wife.

TriCoastalTriCoastalover 5 years ago
Very cool

Excellent. Five, with the usual humor.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 5 years ago

Pretty contrived overall.

Sonja is a ridiculous dream woman, and all the characters not really fleshed out, they barely have enough personality to fit the thin plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
daydream :)

Feel good story

William_LinesWilliam_Linesover 5 years ago
Sometimes Undeserving People Get what they Deserve.

A flirtatious wife always causes problems and heartaches.

Eva was a very shallow woman who got what she deserved.

Billy Lines

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

One big MISS... Busting it up his ex-father-in-laws ass in raising such a bitch.

My problem was with my ex-mother-in-law(MiL) and my current-MiL, I was never good enough, my consolation well after divorcing her cheating daughter was the ex-MiL was committed to a shrink farm. To that point my current MiL tried to bribe her daughter with a world cruise if she would leave me at the alter. There have been many times I wished the world cruise would have happened.

I dream of my Sonja happening, since not, I play Lotto's hoping for the escape.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Well

that's not how the world works...but it should be :)

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
2nd read and I think it even got better

I like this kind of story. Granted it usually never happens but I would imagine in the grand scheme of things, it can and does happen.

I had to report to one of my clients once that I had caught his wife cheating on him. He kind of knew it anyway but I just nailed down the necessary proof for the Pre-nup.

He owned a Metal Machining Business and was pretty bummed out and he had been a friend of a friend and I had gotten to know him and we became good friends ourselves. I would stop by his shop 3 or 4 times a week just to chew the fat and I noticed an Accounting Girl always staring at him. She was very attractive and a few years younger than he and his soon to be ex-wife were.

I went up and talked to her as a concerned friend of his and just kind of had casual conversations with her to "Feel her out" (not like that), but how she really felt about him. It turns out she had a huge crush on him and she was hired by his ex-wife as a favor to one of her friends, it was her friend's cousin.

I take pride in the fact I steered those two together and they hit it off right away. She even insisted on paying for some of their dates. Hell, we all went Whitewater Rafting and she insisted on picking up the WHOLE tab (which I did feel uncomfortable with having her pay and being the 3rd Wheel). It turns out I was NEEDED as he proposed to her that weekend. They wanted me there to share in their happiness since I kind of forced them together the first time.

She demanded he have a Pre-Nup drawn up and he did, they both signed it and he promptly threw it into the fire and told her "She was the One". That was nearly 30 years ago now and they have 4 kids and a couple of Grandkids, they spend virtually all their waking time together at work and at home. Very rarely do you see one without the other.

Granted this didn't happen the same night or weekend, it actually took a couple of months before I got them together, but it was the same result as this story.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Keep on dreaming

Until that alarm clock starts ringing. Rich beautiful woman spend money and her youth to re-connect with a high-school crush who is not much to look at, plotting all the way. Yes, sir, in your dreams.

I have to say I am surprised the writer did not mention anything about penis sizes. I guess it is hard to fantasize about that while one is dreaming.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Reread

I liked it even.more the second time through. Still looking to find one D2D2 likes. At least he.doesn't like Micky59.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Well, it is fantasy, right?

In reality, he would leave, divorce her, be unhappy for a long time, and only much later find someone who loves him. Fantasy is more fun! Either way, he wins.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 5 years ago
Its fiction... and fun

Not sure why the LW frequenters have such a hard time with the concept of fiction as not real... but there it is.

This was fun. I'll admit i didn't realize what she was doing. The twist at the end of her being an old friend and trying to get rid of his wife was unexpected and ... well, fun.

Thanks for the story.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
“...to perchance to dream...” of a superhot former crush,

Who is rich as hell, who wants you for “you”.

Yes, THAT dream. Unbelievable, but well, done.

5-stars

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous