All Comments on 'TGI Chronicles Pt. 1 Ch. 09'

by GaryAPB

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Fun excellent story

Excellent chapter. The husband is not a wimp and being strong in his expectations. You describe the emotions well

along with the thought processes. The wife still has no insight. The inlaws are a little predictable but want to help the daughter.

Again excellent story that makes me eager for the next chapters.

Roger

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Introspection can do funny things

I suspect that is the state our heros in with this story and that thought process can take him down trails he didn't want to necessarily take. Well done. Thank You. Ronnie W.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 19 years ago
Still a mystery.

It would seem that Beth has some really deep psychological problem that caused her infidelity. She really seems clueless.

If the author has no intention of any sort of reconciliation of the two then we have three chapters wasted here. It becomes a clinical study.

But, Beth will have to find out WHY she did it and explain it to Tim for him to be interested in reunion.!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I think I'm losing patience with Tim

He's starting to behave like a petulant, pompous, self-centred, self-opinionated prick. Maybe I can understand why Beth had the affair, even if she can't

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
what an ass

go ahead an get revenge on ken... wife needs to come clean and yell him what he needs to know ....maybe they do have a chance ...maybe they just need to divorce and live together instead...that way if anything goes wrong would be so simple to just walk away...but if they do get back together they do need tosell that house....he will never look ay it the same and it would just be a reminder of fateful fri...finish this up but tim is becoming a jerk also

PArebelPArebelalmost 19 years ago
Thorooughly Enjoyable

Each day I check for the next chapter. Your characters are real people, suffering and trying to work through their pain and loss.

You may have given us some insight into the reason for Beth's affair, even if she doesn't want to recognize or share it. It appears that for some reason she had doubts that the marriage was going to last long-term. She brought this out in the discussion about children, and why she didn't stop taking the pill. Of course, I could be reading too much into that. Perhaps with the affair going on she recognized that she had put the marriage in harm's way.

Either way, I anxiously await the next chapter.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezealmost 19 years ago
As The World turns, guiding Light or

The young and The Restless. Tune in for more of the same bullshit story tomorrow. Does Tim eat lunch with Dave ? does the secretary arrange the flowers for Tim's garden? does Mike drink and offer Tim some of his malt scotch that he purchased on a trip to the Scottish highlands in search for the holy grail where he found that the tooth fairy used to reside before ge was banished to inner Slobovia. Will they finally get to eat at that little cafe in podunk holler where he first saw Sally Mae Scmidlamp shit her pants when she was five? Stay tuned in chapter 935 for more of the same bullshit folks. No erotica, just a fucking soap opera.

F.C

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Progress

You are doing an excellent job of developing the characterizations of the parties here. I find the "reviews" to be interesting. Tim is clearly the mathematician with all of the rules and when someone challenges the rules in his head he doesn't become really rattled, he just ignores it all. I'm just reading it all and very much enjoying it. I know this takes a great deal of time and effort and I appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Rules

Beth's rules for adultery:(1)It's only like stealing a chocolate bar for a dare(2)Do it in the guest bedroom,it saves changing the bedding(3)Neither of these are grounds for divorce.Is this woman mentally sound?

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 19 years ago
Good Writing, GaryAPB

Up until Ch 09, I didn't see any way Tim and Beth could continue unless Tim turned into a total wimp. However, they have an option now of starting over from scratch if Beth can (1) truly understand that her actions had consequences which she must bear, and (2) stop feeling sorry for herself, and (3) behave in a way that makes Tim want to spend time with her. Will be interesting to see if she can grow up enough to do gain some self discipline. Will also be fun to see what happens the first time she sees Tim drive the Bentley!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Pompous!

Well written story, But I have to agree with one of your other commenters. Beth screwed up royally and derves to get her ass kicked around the block, but as your story goes on I'm developing a great dislike for Tim. He tends to become more pompous and sef righteous in each chapter. He regally lectures Beth and every one else about Beth's unfaithfulness and his terrible agony.In an other chapter or two of his orations.I'll start to root for Beth. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good read

Very thoughtful story. Keep up the good work.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 15 years ago
Ummmm!

I have been holding off on commenting as this is a long.........drawn...........out tale! There must be a real twist coming somewhere if there is a reconciliation coming. I am a bit intriqued at what the wife thinks is so evil in her actions or someone's actions that she cannot come out with it or even discuss it. She just refuses to talk about the whys of the actual affair no matter what. So.....I will trudge on ever like the good soldier with my chin up! Oh shit, I am starting to talk a little British!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Slowing way down

Why is it taking so long to kick her to the curb? Is this going to turn into one "happily ever after stories" in spite of all the facts? anon jerry

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 11 years ago
I-am reading the story

Now there's just one hook to the story, and you could have ended it nicely way back when.

Why did she do it? The tease was why she didn't go off the pill. She implied that she wasn't set in her marriage.

I'm going to have to read umpteen chapters to find out.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

Five stars.

searching0240searching0240over 10 years ago
I Don't Understand

I don't understand why the protagonist feels that he needs to be so conciliatory to a woman that ripped his heart out, and feels no need to explain why.

Call it a failing on my part..., but if you don't understand why someone would do something so hurtful to you, why should you be expected to believe they love you, and won't do it again?

Robert

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
without why

How can there be any reconciliation when for all Tim knows her reason was:

"I'm bored, what to do? I know, I'll fuck the neighbor."

Without knowing the "trigger" how can he hope she won't cheat again?

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
She Just Doesn't Get It!

"Like a housebreaker believes he'll be caught and sent to prison? If it really worked like that for adults, the world would have a lot less crime. No, Tim, I didn't think about ending up like this."

Except that the burglar, usually doesn’t cry when he is punished for his crime. And even the child shoplifting the candy bar understands that there will be consequences if he is caught.

"There's no point. It'll only hurt you more."

How much more could it hurt? There marriage is barely on life support, at this point just about ANYTHING would be better than it is.

Not there was any real chance, but how can she ever expect him to take her back if she won’t tell him WHY? And she seems to be at least implying that she DOES know, and doesn’t WANT to tell him for some reason. And at this point, given that it is just about over, it must be PRETTY BAD if she won’t at least TRY to save her marriage by telling him.

And I don't understand all the criticism of Tim. He has been honest from the beginning that he doesn't see any way out, and all he is asking at this point is the answer to his question, "Why?"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Beth almost talks

Congrats. Another good chapter. Four out of five. I really thought Beth was going to say something meaningful in this chapter. Well, she had her chance. The conversation with Mary was very well written. Criticism? Same as before. This needs a bit more sex and the long blocks of dialogue need a bit more internal thought or external observation to break them up a bit. But I am nitpicking. Cheer. Steve

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through....

Still five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

What ADULT still calls their parent's mummy and daddy in their 30's? Grow the fuck up, this writer is long winded, adds shit just to make it longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well written, interesting story...

Question: "What ADULT still calls their parents mummy and daddy in their 30's"?

Answer: A female adult who feels besieged with one bad thing after another in her life. I think many women, perhaps even some men, might wish to retreat into their parent's arms, figuratively and literally, relishing the security and protection provided to them in times past. She knows she's done a bad thing and she's fearful of the coming reprisal. I think it makes sense that she would refer to them that way, even though she may not consciously be aware of why. I still don't like her character and I still think he should leave her, but the author shows great discernment in having her respond that way. In my opinion, it speaks to where she is psychologically.

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1almost 7 years ago
Now its only laughable!!!

Your protagonists loose their authenticity!! She as an adult speaks like a teen and he suddenly grows up and get balls!!! Where's the beef?

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 4 years ago
How could he take her back?

As this is clearly headed for reconciliation, I have to ask how? She lies so easily to him. She does not respect him. She does not understand love between adults. Why would u get back with someone like this? Thank god you do not have kids and move on. She is not, nor will she ever be who you thought she was.

management91399management91399about 4 years ago

It seems the solution to every negative emotion felt in the UK is alcohol! :-)

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Alcohol is not a solution to anything but it sure numbs the brain and helps you to not think about problems that have no solution, in my case me. Good story, not great some of the reasoning is interesting but a bit flawed, but what do I know?

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Well aren’t we British so wonderfully polite and civilised, let’s all be friends so as not to offend anyone. A word to the wise…it’s all bollocks.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

Tim should stick to his guns, but the inner softy is kind of, rooting for Beth getting her way weird someone on this pc has rated this story before but i dont recall it at all

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I can see where most people in this story are coming from BUT why can the wife NOT face up to the WHY Like hubby I hate cheaters (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Meddlesome bitch. This is all going nowhere in a hurry

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"I'm sorry Beth, I do still want you to talk about why and what you did."

"There's no point. It'll only hurt you more."

All the more reason to put her in the rear view.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous