TGI Chronicles Pt. 2 Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, I am. Don't you worry. I can be a pretty big coward at times like these."

She climbed off my totally wilted cock. But then she bent down to take it in her mouth. I felt her tongue swirling round it. "Oh! That feels so good. Keep that Up and I'll be back on duty anytime soon, Tim or no Tim."

She lifted her head off me for a moment, "This is the first time I've ever tasted myself. I've never gone down on anyone after they've been in me. Consider yourself honoured. It's the sort of thing I only do for men who are not cowards."

And she went back to sucking. And soon I was stiff again, and she climbed on again, "Now where were we?" she asked, as she slowly pumped up and down. "Ooh, yes! You were about to tell me how you're going to apologise to Tim."

"Oh, I don't know. Give me some time to think about it. Maybe you could suggest that I take us out to a restaurant. Or I could send Beth some flowers, or something. Oh, just keep that up, please."

She stopped, "Do you promise that you'll sort it out?"

"Yes. Well, I'll try and think of a way. Promise. Now please, this is blackmail."

"Yes. It is. But it's fun, isn't it?"

And then she leaned forward and kissed me and we were fucking away like a steam hammer. And I watched as she started to orgasm, and her coming started my own orgasm, and we came together. And we lay there in one sweaty, tangled heap.

I was quiet over breakfast, I was thinking about Tim and Beth, and how I could apologise. The more I thought about it, the more depressed I became. There was no way I could apologise, or even create the situation where I could apologise, let alone try and let Tim keep his pride as I did so. I began to realise just how deeply I may have hurt him.

I was still quiet after breakfast. Davinia looked at me, "You'll find a way, I'm sure you will."

I looked at her, I wished I could believe her.

"Look, Dave, I'm going now. I've got some shopping to do, and then I'm going home. I'll be setting out for Tim and Beth's at seven thirty. I hope you're there to collect me, so that we can go together, but otherwise, I meant it, I'm going alone."

Just then her phone rang, "Hi" she answered, but, of course I could only hear one half of the conversation.

"Oh, Hi! No, I'm at Dave's now. I'll tell you about it later."

"Yes. Same here."

"Yes, good idea. Look I'm just about to go into town for some shopping. Why don't we meet for coffee."

"OK, I'll see you there. Bye."

I looked at her, "Who was that?"

"Oh, just a girlfriend. She wants to talk about her man, and probably about my man, given half a chance."

I looked dubious.

"It's alright. It'll all be good. Now think about what I've said. And do what you know is right."

She came over to me, and we kissed. I held her in my arms. "Oh, Dav. I don't know how to undo what I've done. I'm sorry."

"Well there you are then. That's a good opening line. Now I'm off."

She kissed me again and was gone.

I sat and moped. It was a matter of pride. And of truthfulness. I did think he was letting me down on the re-organisation idea. And I don't know what I thought about Beth. As far as women were concerned, I've felt on such shaky ground these last few weeks, I didn't know what to think. Hell, I didn't really know what I felt about any of them.

I was still sitting there, with a cold mug of coffee, that I'd made in a fit of activity, but not drunk, at about eleven thirty when there was a knock at the door. It was Beth. Of all the people I wanted to see right now, I think Beth was pretty near the bottom of the list.

"Hello, Beth."

"Hello, Dave, can I come in?"

"Yes, sure." I led her into the living room. "Would you like a coffee? I made one earlier, but I let it go cold." Let's talk about coffee, or the weather, or anything but what really matters, please.

"No thanks, you know I've just had one."

The penny dropped, "Davinia!"

"Of course! Do you expect us to stand on one side while the two most important men in our lives screw up their careers, their relationship and friendship?"

"Well there's not a lot that can be done about it." I said, wryly.

She paused and looked at me, "In some ways that's a start."

I sat down and waved my hand to invite her to do the same. She did so while I asked, "What do you mean?"

Again she paused, obviously she was choosing her words, "Last year, Dave, I learnt an important lesson. You can't change history. It doesn't matter how much you want to, how much you wish you could go back in time, and not make the key comment, not make the mistake, you can't. But you do wish you could, don't you Dave?"

"Yes. The whole conversation got out of hand, and I wish I hadn't said a lot of it."

"The only thing you can do is accept what's happened. Learn from it, and, if you're lucky, find ways of using it to strengthen your relationship. That's what I've had to do after last year, and at a simpler level, that's what you've got to do. Now, why don't you come to lunch?"

"You've got to be joking. Dav is nagging me to sort something out because she thinks that your invite to dinner is still on. But I can't believe you want me to come to lunch. Not yet."

"Well I do. This slut is inviting you to lunch with her and the waste of space."

I was astounded. "Well, you seem to know everything. I can't believe you know that."

"It took some time to get a fairly complete story. Tim didn't tell me everything, and he certainly protected me from what you called me, but between myself and Davinia I think we've got a fairly good idea of what you two hurled at each other. What I don't understand is why?"

I thought for a while, staring at a rather good watercolour painting that hung between the windows. I turned back to Beth, "If you really want to talk about it, I think I will have that coffee. Are you sure you don't want one?"

"OK then, but only because I know you'll make a good one."

So, I disappeared into the kitchen and got busy with the coffee grinder. It gave me a chance to think. Maybe Beth could help me find a way of at least talking to Tim.

I returned with two mugs of coffee, and passed one to Beth, "How is he this morning?"

"Better than he was last night. Last night you were 'that bastard', this morning you've progressed to 'that bastard, Dave'. Now sit down and tell me what you two were talking about, and how it ended up with throwing insults at each other."

And so I gave her a quick summary of the whole conversation, if that's the right word for it, in the Black Swan last night. She just sat and listened.

When I finished, she sat looking at me, "You put a lot of effort into your idea, didn't you? You thought it out in detail, and presented a case for a huge change in management thinking, and he rejected it, calling you a fucking idiot. But, I know he's called you that before, many times. And I know you've called him similar. It's part of your relationship."

I smiled, it was true. Tim and myself traded insults as part of every day life. It was part of what made the relationship special. And it often amazed people that I could talk to my boss like that, or that I had a boss that would talk to me like that.

"Yeah, well it stung yesterday."

"Do you know, Tim is so scared of losing you? He knows that the only way he does his job is because he has you to rely on. You've got the best performing department in the company, and it's no coincidence that it headed by two guys who are in a partnership that transcends usual business relationships. That's why he's at home now going over organisational charts on pieces of paper, whilst he tries to find some latest management theory on the Internet. He was listening. He just threw it back at you with a problem you hadn't thought about, of how to make it happen. But he hit you on a bad day."

"What do you mean, a bad day?"

"Well, I guess Davinia had really screwed you up last week, hadn't she? She as good as told me so in the coffee shop just now. Now I know you are the ultimate, arrow proof stud, and you have no special feelings for her, but she did wind you up, didn't she?"

I looked at her, and smiled, "She might have, a bit."

"And, at the end of the week, your boss threw your idea back at you, to try and make you think it through some more. And you didn't like it. And then he went on to criticize you at a deeply personal level about your attitude to women. And, given the Davinia situation, you were a bit tender on that subject?"

"Well, I hadn't done anything wrong towards Davinia. And he had no right to try and tell me it was my fault."

"True. And as I understand Davinia, it was her fault. She was in a muddle over her feelings for you. But she seems to have sorted those out a bit, I hear. I'm glad you two are back together. But I guess it is all a bit hard for you, Dave, to get used to the idea that maybe you do really feel something for a girl, and that maybe you've got to learn a few new tricks. Tim wasn't so far off, but you didn't need to hear it last night, and not just after he's rejected your business idea."

"He didn't say anything that a friend hasn't got the right to say. It was me, I just didn't want to hear it. You're right, Beth. But I still don't see anyway back. And I do still think that reorganisation of the department is the right answer."

"I invited you to lunch. So come on, I have sausages from the butcher in Chillington for lunch. Just simple sausages, bread and some pickles."

"Their pork and sage ones? They're the best."

"No, their new pork and apple ones."

"Oh! God! I haven't tried them."

"Well, here's your chance. And I promise you, Tim is sitting at home at the moment desperately trying to think of a way of getting over last night. But, like you, maybe like all men, his pride is the biggest obstacle."

"I'm only coming because of the Chillington sausages, you do know that, don't you?"

"Just get your coat and stop blathering."

We walked down to River Walk side by side. She asked me whether I really thought she was a slut for what happened last year. But I promised her I didn't, that it was a heat of the moment thing, just a good line to throw at Tim. Every time I spoke to Beth I became more convinced that she was a stronger, more open and honest person because of last year, rather than someone who was going to make another mistake.

When we arrived, I was so scared. Scared of just meeting Tim, of him seeing me. Beth physically pushed me into their living room, and she went into their kitchen. He was working at their dining table, he had his laptop out, and papers everywhere.

He looked up and saw it was me, and he stood. "You know, Dave, the worst problem I've had with this reorganisation idea is that I didn't think of it first. You're absolutely right, and we should have done it a couple of years ago."

I looked at him, "I'm sorry." was all I could say.

He came round from the table, and for the first time ever, we hugged. "I'm sorry too, Dave."

At that point, Beth came in, "Well that's alright then. Dave is staying to lunch, I invited him."

Tim smiled, "Good, then he can go over his organisation ideas again, and there's rugby on this afternoon."

And that's what we did, until about six o'clock when I went home to shower and change and to collect Davinia. By that time, Tim and myself had agreed our complete ideas on reorganisation, and how we were going to sell it to the Board. We had no illusions about that, it was going to take some time, and a careful campaign, but it might make some use out of Neil's stupid Development Forum idea.

I called for Davinia at twenty five minutes past seven. She was still getting ready, but when she came down stairs I wondered why I was wasting this beautiful girl on a middle class dinner with friends when I should be whisking her off to Paris for .... well, for whatever.

As we walked down to River Walk, she asked how I'd put right my relationship to Tim. She knew damn well it was with the help of Beth, "It's funny, Beth has been such a good friend to me in the last few weeks, and yet I'm sure she didn't really like me since I first met her."

"Yes. She admitted that to me. She used to worry that you were a bad influence on Tim. That you would tempt him away to the seductive charms of the girls of Shades and whatever your other haunts are."

"I suspect it's working the other way around." I wryly observed.

"And what do you mean by that?"

"Never you mind. I've a reputation to maintain. I am a slave to the legend of Dave Finch."

"And when the story becomes the legend, print the legend." she said with a smile.

"A girlfriend who not only loves theatre, but can quote film scripts. I have taken on something here. But, no. I reckon if you want a quote for my life, then 'Hold onto your hats. It's going to be a bumpy ride' seems more appropriate."

She stopped walking and we swung to face each other, she looked up into my face, "I promise I'll try to hold on, but I still don't know if I'll manage to."

I kissed her, "Nor do I." We broke our embrace and started walking again, "But it's fun trying."

The evening with Tim and Beth was one of the happiest evenings I can remember. There was nothing special about it, but just a sense of joy at being in each other's company. We ate too much, we definitely drank too much, and we laughed together.

As Davinia and myself walked up River Walk on our way home, Davinia suggested we take a taxi, partly because we were cold, the wind along the river was bitter, but also because she wanted us to get to bed quickly.

"But I thought you were going to spend weekend nights at your parent's?"

"A girl can change her mind, can't she?"

And we went back to my place, and went to bed, and made love.

On the Sunday morning I woke to Davinia moving to take my hard cock in her mouth, it felt good. It felt very good. After a while, I tried moving down the bed, with the intent of taking hold of her, of kissing her and leading her towards the fucking I thought we were both intending, but I was wrong.

"No, Dave. Let me do this. I want to just suck you all the way. And she did, at my suggestion she also used her hand to pump my cock a little, but she never took her mouth off me. I warned her as I felt myself rising to cum, but she just took me deeper into her mouth. I watched her swallowing me as I came.

"That's the first time I've ever taken a man the whole way. Thank you. You weren't my first for the real thing, I guess we're both too old to expect that, but for some reason I've never given any man a full blow job before. I guess it wasn't your first."

"No, but you've already given me something special this weekend. I'd forgotten how good it feels without condoms. For that alone, I'm grateful."

She came up the bed to lie against my shoulder, with my arm around her. "I know you've had lots of girls Dave, so I guess you're very experienced. It makes me feel so inadequate. I am alright aren't I?"

"Yes. You're great. In fact, I hope we can go on to do new things ourselves. And don't worry about all the girls in my past, I'm here with you now, and that's where I want to be. I have no wish whatsoever to be with any single one of them."

"Oh, Dave. Thank you."

"But being with two or three of them..." I smiled, and she hit me with the flat of her hand in the middle of my stomach. It hurt. "Ouch! That hurt!"

"Oh! Sorry. Let me kiss it better."

And so we played for a while, but she wouldn't let me lick her, or do anything that might bring her to orgasm. She said it was important to her that she did something just for me, without getting something in return.

After breakfast, she said she was going home. I know I looked disappointed.

"I'm sorry, Dave. But we've agreed that we are still boyfriend and girlfriend. I haven't moved in. You're OK with that, aren't you."

"I guess I'll have to be. When will you be back?"

"I don't know. We'll play it by ear. I've still got lots to do for the play, we've only got two weeks to go. Then, maybe I'll be more relaxed."

And so we kissed goodbye, and I was left on my own for the rest of that Sunday. I felt it was an anti-climax, from a couple of days when I think I had felt so many emotions. I went to the gym, cooked a chocolate cake, watched some television, and generally felt lonely.

Then, late on Sunday evening, TJ phoned. He was a voice from another life. But I was pleased to hear from him, and we soon fell into the easy chat of two very old friends. He was still miserable that his last girlfriend had left him, and that was about a year ago, and he was feeling lonely as well as me. I invited him down for a weekend in the next two of three weeks. It would be good to see him again, and it might be good to introduce Davinia to my oldest friend. He would phone me to agree the date.

In the office on Monday, and as agreed with Tim on Saturday, I gave Drew his project. He seemed very happy.

I saw Davinia, asking her what her evening held. She cheerfully told me was going to be working on her costumes. I gently asked if she'd like me to cook a late supper, but she said that she would be going home.

Tim dropped by me desk to say that he had managed to see Charlie Bullard, and he had agreed to see us both for an informal meeting on Thursday. In fact Charlie had suggested that he takes us both up to the Golf Club for a leisurely lunch. I asked Tim if he was going to the Gym that evening.

"I could do, why?" he asked, curious.

"Well, as you know, Drew is sure to be going. And, given that we've just given him his own project, I would have thought he would almost have to come for a drink with us if we invite him. And then, perhaps, Tim, you could find some conversation that would highlight that myself and Davinia are an item, and that might make Davinia's life a little easier, and lower the tension between myself and Drew.

Tim listened, and thought for a moment, "OK. It could backfire on us. But let's try it."

So, the three of us could be found in the Black Swan after the gym. Both Tim and myself bought Drew a pint to congratulate him on his new project. The conversation was friendly and light-hearted.

Then Tim turned to me and said, "I thought Davinia looked good on Saturday night. I liked the dress she was wearing."

I smiled, "She looked better out of it."

"So, from that, I assume you two are getting on fine. Both of you seemed happy enough on Saturday." Said Tim. I noticed that Drew had almost visibly stiffened.

"Sorry, Drew. Tim and myself shouldn't be talking about Saturday, when you weren't there. It's rather rude of us. What did you do at the weekend?"

"Oh, I went to London. I've got a couple of old university friends there, so I can get a place to sleep for the night, and I wanted to go to the National. There was a show that I wanted to see."

Alarm bells were ringing in my head, but they obviously rang for Tim as well. Tim glanced to me, and I could see the real concern in his eyes. "Oh, what show was that? I always want to go to the theatre, but Beth is wants to. For some reason she isn't too keen."

Drew's eyes glanced at both myself and Tim, probably realising that he had said too much, "Oh! I just fancied seeing Sheridan's The Rivals. You've probably scene the posters in the High Street that the Regency Players are doing it here soon, and I wanted a yardstick on their production." He looked straight at me, "You must be going to see that, surely Dav is deeply involved in that production?"

I laughed, "Oh Yes. I've been eating sleeping and living Mrs Malaprop for weeks. I guess I'll be there both nights. But I'm trying to give good boyfriend support without actually getting roped in to sell programmes of something."

Tim spoke up, "I don't blame you. In my experience all amateur clubs and groups seem to like to suck in anyone on their fringe." He looked at Drew, "Are you a follower of the Regency Players? Have you seen many of their productions?"