All Comments on 'That Damned Valentine's Day Card'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 489 Comments
nwhalernwhalerabout 11 years ago
By the beard of Zeus this was utter tripe

I like the style and flow of TxTallTales' stories but this was was just unadulterated crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
what

a truely stupid story told by an idiot, valentine day go away.

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago

I gave it a "4" because the story is well written. That having been said, if my wife had pulled on me what Sheri had after I had dome my very best to blow her away for Valentines Day, and then I came home and found a naked woman covered in sushi on my coffee table, I'd have told her to get whoever the fuck that was out of my house in the next five minutes or I'd file for divorce. The whole story left a sour taste in my mouth no matter how much you tried to pretty it up. But that's just me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Decent Read

A decent read, but not the best by TX. There is potenital to carry this one on a series though which may may the stories a little more erotically appealing

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
A Hell of a Read ( literally) !

I'm sure this was written with the best of intentions but to sully a Ben Harper quote : there is great writing and there are great intentions & the two can be as apart as Heaven & Hell. That's the case here.

The fact is your favorite author will misstep eventually. Hemminway had " Island's in The Stream ". Faulker had Pylon. Now Tx Tall Tales has this steaming, wet pile of literary miscarriage. Burn it , bury it in unmarked grave. Let us all try to pretend thus never happened.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I liked it

Imaginative and fun. Kind of sexy. I appreciate the creative plot line. Its hard to come up with interesting story arcs. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
So, she's a slut.

And, he is a wimp.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitabout 11 years ago
CRAP

TX TALL TALES normally writes a good story but I am sorry to say this one is pure crap. It was well written but the whole story line is shit. I suppose if he was trying to anger his readers he succeeded. I can't accept the premise of a pre wedding "get out of jail free" card and I have even more problem with the idiot husband letting her use it even to "save" a friend. Whole premise is false. All I can say is the writing was good, not the story or ending. When she left it was BURN THE BITCH time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well Done. Sexy and insightful.

I enjoyed this read, and agree with the comment on its plot line originality. Thanks, the antagonist was only involved in the third person and as reference (very good for Valentines, or love stories), and the protagonist(s), were all delightful in their respective roles and characters. The hell with the haters. Valentine's Day may suck, but as an escape alternative, this story was engaging.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
good job

I have really liked most of this author's work, and I enjoyed this entry for the contest. I think it is an original twist on the "get out of jail free" theme. I think that people are bound to comment in time on this story negatively, (like she set him up in conspirancy to open up their marriage, the bi feelings in place before their marriage, etc.) I feel that Tx did a good job showing the evolution of an already loving relationship, and I encourage him to dismiss negative comments over this one. Good Job, as usual!

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
I agree with SW_MO_Hermit

Just don't see it, first he has to beg her to marry him. Then he gives her "a get out of jail free card" . If all those other woman were fucking and hanging out with the husband. Why wasn't the other man fucking one of them. Your storyline is he thinks single women are gold digger but then a married bitch must just be a slut. And her pussy whipped husband gets asked on Valentine's day. SO Sexy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Not my favorite

I usually like Tx stories but this one didn't sit well. I think you wanted her to come off as a loving wife but I found it hard to buy her altruistic motives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Couldn't bear to read it!!

Card or no card. Didn't matter.

Two people completely in love with each other and she decides to mercy f*ck some guy?

And he, of course, wimps out and let's her do it??????

In real life, the relationship could never be made 100% whole again.

I couldn't bear to read the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Communication

Shari should have told her fiance of her bi-interest before the marriage.

She should have informed him of the problems at work AND her solution including him being taken care of BEFORE asking to use the 7 year old card. He then could have made a choice without being bound by a 7 year old promiss. He DID have the choice to honor the card or to say no. I would't want to face up to this but I would love to live out the final chapter. Definately a 5 star. Drama and stress at the first and then fun and loving times at the end.

ythebadgerythebadgerabout 11 years ago
Good story

the only thing I couldn't get past was him not knowing - and not asking - what she'd actually done. Especially when she knew you everything about his three days. No way would he not have asked (plus, of course, the guy was much too god to be true - but that satisfies the egos/fantasies of so many readers on here)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
stopped on page2

So i did not vote, Mott interested in any justification for cheating. Well written crap is still not enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Sucked

How could he do it with out throwing up. Sad, sad story

WanderingaimlesslyWanderingaimlesslyabout 11 years ago
Different and not my favorite

For me there are two definable views of this story, both of my options could be fleshed out more but the basics are covered.

1. A rock solid relationship that can withstand anything, a husband supporting a wife with anything she wants with a few but not impossible problems. They are intelligent, honorable, trusting, sharing and compassionate willing to do anything to help a friend.

2. A marriage based on manipulation. The wife not willing to have any limits on her or any attempt to help a friend but makes sure that hubby is watched almost constantly and has limits imposed on him. Ensuring that the available company for hubby was hand chosen and that his time was occupied.

Likeability 1 readability 4-5 overall 2-3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Can't shake the sense -

that Alex was played like a fiddle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
loved it

it was great. sometimes people need to remember these stories are stories to be used exclusivly for pleasure. does john grissham get this abuse? no we suspend reality and enjoy the read

gravyruggravyrugabout 11 years ago
Probably would've gotten a better score in Romance

The judging is harsh here in LW, especially if there are no cheating sluts getting burned. I liked it. Not your very best, but still quite good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Ending

Great story. Good development of subjects. The ending could have taken several different directions. It is a winner.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 11 years ago
This is a very tough category for high scores.

As always, this was very well written. I've tried to dream up an acceptable reason for a husband to allow his wife to be with another man. No luck so far. No matter what I dream up, readers (the real men) cannot, and will not accept the concept. That's the way many men are wired. I can't change it, and have no reason to try to do so. I liked the story. When it got freaky and he began banging all his wife's friends, it lost some of the cuteness it had created. Very well written and quite erotic, but if anyone wants to attain a really high score, romance is far better than Loving Wives. We're a strange collection of readers, almost split equally bewteen characters that are hotwives and those that are practically virgins. It's like Republicans and Democrats with very little common ground! Every vote will be 50/50.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

There was the card, and he did not simply tell her she could do him or anyone else; just be an 'ex' to him. Given that, there alt end was to boot wife to the curb and say thanks for introduction to others with whom he got over...and choose 1 as he may, and go forward w/o wife. Turn that into something more positive and lasting, and good settlement for him in the process

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

Stopped reading at a get out of jail given before marriage being used after marriage. Not fair for me to rate something I am not going to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Valentine day card

Creative story,, the wife held the upper hand through out the story, she had a free pass and used it, she was allowed to do anything for her friend but made sure her husband was distracted with rules,(no sex) I don't believe I could have let my wife get away with it no matter what was promised.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 11 years ago
I'm giving you a *****

The problem with the story is not in the writing, plotting, or characterization. Human sexuality has two competing moral imperatives. One is male; that of defending the procreation rights of the male of the species. This is why men want monogamous relationships. The second it the female and that is the supply morality. Finding a male that not only will pass on their superior genes but will also provide the necessities of life to the offspring and mate, these two moralities are often in conflict. It is not whether love can be separated from the sex act; it is whether the moral imperative of the male and female drive can be reconciled. Men cheat for very different reasons then women. This is a story of female cheating no matter how the author dresses it up. Note that she utilizes the help of other females with strict guideline of what is appropriate activity while still allowing her the full spectrum of sexual activity with John. What is good for the goose is not good for the gander. This is what makes the stories plotting so good while at the same time feeding the reader the same psychobabble crap that other authors just can't finesse. The death of John removes the rival male from the equation while all of the female rivals are either characterized as lesbians or bi-sexual to make them less of a threat to the female alpha. All in all a smart look at cheating even if it has no basis in the real world.

IgorSchmidlapIgorSchmidlapabout 11 years ago
Liked it...

...and VERY well put, Thinkingman!!!

Igor

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
STOPPED

I STOPPED READING VERY EARLY, BUT GAVE YOU A ONE FOR THE PART I READ, WORST FUCKING STORY YOU EVER WROTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A marriage based on manipulation

This marriage based on manipulation and lies now. It seems to be a plan made up by all the females and John dick was needed for the other ladies. It was Sheri fantasy for some reason probably for some group sex. So it envolved with John to be used as a excuse and Sheri as the leader. Then the card gave them a way to start with thier plan and justified with Alex. The first night events passed to how John reacted as the girls talked to each other. For at least two days as to how John was acting and speaking to Alex at the door. Sheri tried out Johns and was his whore for last two days. She probably gave him her tits and ass to fuck. A few blowjobs and many possitions to fuck her pusssy. John must have passed with a threesome with Sheri and Joanie before going back to John. Then moving to the next part with Alyssa for the girl-on-girl sex. Even the museum was probaby a lie instead they probably went to a hotel for a last few fucks. Dont forget the drive to the airport so she could give John a blowjob and tell him more would be there for him when he returned. Then John was never allowed to have any kind of sex with the girls except a few blowjobs so he didnt feel left out. The cars were a added bonus. Now that John is gone I expect Alyssa and Sheri to show thier true color by moving in together as lovers after a Divorce from John and doing exactly to Alex what happened to John. John isn't a partner anymore just a sex doll to use until not needed anymore to to pay for all during the girls fuck sessions...

PostScriptorPostScriptorabout 11 years ago
Kind of a dumb premise...

The husband should have just told his wife that he would pay for John's weekend with a high-class escort... that would have made John happy, left Alex happy, and no one would look at his wife and know that he gave her away as a goodbye gift. Gathering a harem might sould like fun, but in practice I can't see any marriage being as strong after the end of this story as it was before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Only Because

A five because you wrote it well and kept it amusing/interesting.

As to the story itself, she destroyed him, just the fact that she even contemplated it changed everything he believed about her love, devotion and trust. You can't whitewash it with her office friends keeping him busy although, I hope he really did enjoy himself.

If John was devastated with the conduct of his second wife and in deep depression, what do you think our guy was feeling?

For me, when she got home Tuesday afternoon there would be a process server there to meet her, I was now John, totally and romantically in love with a woman I would never wake up next to again. Sheri did to him what had similarly happened to John - just different rational and events.

Good read though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Decent

The story was good, great even if just taken at face value. However, I have a hard time believing that after a weekend of distractions, he can just suddenly turn off his nagging feelings about his wife sleeping with another man. Additionally, the number of women that are introduced and all happen to be bi? too much fantasy to be believable. However, it is a cute fantasy none the less.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I'm rather disappointed in you Tx Tall Tales! This was way to cucky to be one of your works! Did you fall and bump your head?

catphan8catphan8about 11 years ago

You are usually one of my favorites but you really missed the mark with this one! You usually don't write about wimps, so what happened here!?!?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Beautiful!

Interesting, sexy and well-written. One of the best! Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wonderful erotic love story

It was well written, intense and believable (fantasy but beautiful). Keep up the great work and more of the permission related love stories, please.....................

guitarman100guitarman100about 11 years ago
Enjoyed but just a fantasy

For all the outraged. It is just a story. I enjoyed it but it did have a flawed storyline. Hey that's why it is "fiction". The premise that somehow with all of these good looking single women around that only a married woman could bring him out of his depression and give him a reason to come home is definitely not rational.

To me that could only mean one thing. John already had romantic feelings for his wife and was even possibly in love with her. Thus Sheri's saying it was a one time thing with no after affects was a lie. If he could hook up with Joanie the last night why couldn't he hook up with her right from the start?

This is the second or third story I have read with the "get out of jail card" that is given before the marriage because of doubts by the spouse. If they can't commit any better than that going into a marriage then good luck on it being a success. And then she couldn't even be honest with him about what she wanted to do.

Does anyone think that it was all about John or was it part of the plan to get him to accept her bi side? Very suspicious that she starts out and ends this episode with a lesbian who is in love with her.

Still a good read and not really a cuck story. Anyone who would say that hasn't had the misfortune to read the real thing.

looking4itlooking4itabout 11 years ago
In all honesty

I think she was a cheater regardless of the reason. I cannot believe that a woman described in the way she was and the relationship given could not have supported such behavior. The fact they had relations with the other women doesn't fit either. Good for the goose and gander and all that just doesn't seem possible. As a fantasy write I thought it was well done. As a valentine submission I don't think it's particularly romantic. Others may disagree. Not knowing cannot be healthy to their relationship. Interesting ideas but didn't enjoy it much.

Mousse9Mousse9about 11 years ago

I stopped reading at the point where Alex agrees with Sheri about her fucking John, using her get out of jail free card. And seeing the comments from the others, fortunately so. She gets to do everything without restriction, but he on the other hand has strict rules to follow? Deceit and manipulation indeed. That's no marriage. No thanks.

Rameriz4Rameriz4about 11 years ago
Didn't end up empathizing with any of them....

Not as single one of them could keep from cheating in one way or another. Sorry hard to enjoy a story were everyone is guilty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Adultry is adultry and she was cheating before she used the card

it was her lesbian and bisexual lovers at work that occupied his time. The slut is using him as support for lifestyle while having had multiple lovers outside the marriage. I think a lot missed that point. If my wife came in and asked me to let her fuck someone like was done here, she would have been divorced for the question. Asking the question is already disrespect and infidelity. She would not have asked if she didnt already have it planned out in her head. Maybe this "wife" should have had one of her lovers service the guy to make him feel better. The whole premise of the story sucked. Ending with her lovers sleep in the bed with them but only give him blowjobs is another act of dispect and places him directly into the cuckold realm. The story belongs in lesbian or fetish not LW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
1*

Didn't like this story. Adultery is adultery no matter how you dress it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
how can anybody write this and think it's erotic ?

it starts real shitty , after a very intimate time, she did the worst possible. ( would have been all I needed to get rid of her) then the stories goes on with the next surprise (I guess schizophrenic would be the right term) , she offers her female workmate but in the end she licks her cunt. But already that surprise would have been definitely the last moment we had together. but it gets a lot worse , crazy or schizophrenic. she insists going for her " I have to fuck him to save him" cruise ( since when does fucking some married woman help a guy who hates cheaters ?)

of course no women who entertained him during 3 days is sexually straight (of course not, as we all know, no woman is!) no 2 are bi and one is a lesbien who likes men in general, especially the Alex. It comes even better. It looks like in the end as she did not fuck John, no somebody else did. so why in hell all that trouble to beginn with ?

and the end is even the worst , he has to find out that his wife is also bisexual and guess what, no problem to fuck Alyssa while he is watching. Besides that a lot of french kissing with quite a lot of people (would not pass a girlfriend test usually, there is not much more intimate than that).

so what do we have in this nice story ? an ex cheating girlfriend of John, a whore wife of John, Sheri who is as dumb as a rock, 3 bisexuel and 1 lesbian who doesn't mind a naked guy in the same bed as long as she can fuck the wife.... or could I say everybody and not only Shannon are basket cases and would really need a lot of help.

and all that together equals = erotic story for Valentines day ?

I'm almost sure the biggest basket case wrote that story ! earth to Tx Tall Tales: are you out there ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

The story was like opening a birthday present only to find wet clumps of cardboard inside. The wife is a latent bisexual who has had a thing for the softer sex, yet she sprung her "plan" at the worst possible time and that too with another man in mind!? What a great way to show her gratitude? I mean, she was gunning for some pussy from the outset, but was dead-set on helping an unfortunate male friend. Even an overly compassionate person will be troubled to let a non-personal issue, no matter how important to her, harm her own marriage. If she did harbour such thoughts, she never truly loved her husband the way Sherri has done in this story.

Having three female friends, who just so happen to be bisexual and sympathetic for the down-in-the-dumps John, conspire to make things easy for hubby is too far-fetched for my liking. I mean, why keep things platonic if Sherri is not keeping up that part of the deal. There should have been an arrangement for hubby to be allowed to fuck the first two pseudo-dykes, thus making the whole shenanigans seem at least plausible. "I fuck mine but you can't fuck yours!" doesn't quite work when both parties are receptive to entertaining extra-marital relations (he "gave" her permission to stray; she "considered" it!) unless hubby is a wimp. On the contrary, this story explicitly portrays him as a man who loves sex and knows there are other women besides his wife. Sheer loyalty and devotion on his "manly" part, despite her adulterous intentions doesn't quite wash me I'm afraid...

I feel this yarn doesn't live up to a worthy Valentine's Day contest entry, sorry. I give 2 stars purely based on your rep, I hope you concentrate on plausible premises next time...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
The story with 3 distinct sub plots

The first sub plot was not at all original with the get out of jail card and was well written. The second sub plot was like chasing a train but not getting anywhere.

The third sub plot was at face value ludicrious and required the reader to suspend disbelief.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 11 years ago
I Don't Like

Clueless husbands who let themselves be victimized, then go off into the sunset with the victimizing wife, as if all is peachy. Ugh!

PolyLvrPolyLvrabout 11 years ago
Pretty good

Lol, some of these anon posters are funny as hell.

Why can't people understand, when someone writes a story, what they write is the story. There's no plot to get him to accept her bi side. She's not having wholesale sex with the girlies at work. There's no backstory, unless the author gives clues or hints to one.

She gave Alex several chances to stop it but he didn't. And she basically admitted at the end that she didn't have sex with John. If it was me, I would have no problem with my wife's bi side. Wait, I don't have a problem with my wife's bi side.

She didn't at any point cheat because he gave his permission. I understand his anguish at the beginning but i understand her point too. She should have been more cognizant of the occasion when she popped the question.

If we were all more loving people we would gladly share our spouse for a chance to save someone's life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I liked the story and don't mean to be picky,

but Valentines day on my calender is on February 14th.

If anyone here tries to celebrate it on the 15th they will be in a heap of trouble...just ask your woman/man.

Two times in the story you mentioned it as being on the 15th.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Wonderfully written. Probably the best I've read from you. This did not go in the direction that I thought, and I normally don't go for wife sharing stories. However, you wrote it in the most appealing manner possible and I found it engaging right up to the very end.

It was definitely thought provoking. I am pretty sure that the wife had this plan from the very beginning and is not as innocent as she appears. She wants to sleep with this guy to help him? And she claims she truly has no interest in cheating, just helping him? That is the most insane thinking I have ever heard. And pure bullshit I might add. Again, you wrote it as perfectly as possible and as believably as you could. She tells all her "single" friends that she plans on sleeping with this guy. She arranges to have all these girls come over and lead her husband into unfaithfulness (yes, the clothes might have been on but it was cheating). It all seems to be a part of a scheme to seduce her husband, assuage her own guilt, and dupe him into allowing her to play with them later.

The one element that does not come across as believable, is your writing her as the innocent and pure wife. Let me tell you, with everything she cooked up with her friends and the whole sushi dinner, there is no way she is miss innocent and pure. If I am not mistaken, she admits to having made out with her friend prior to this whole scheme. That's cheating, and only serves to reinforce my inkling that she planned this whole deal as a means of getting to fuck all her friends and not feel guilty. Hubby gets to be in the same bed and gets an occasional blow, but it is all about her getting what she wanted from the very beginning. The whole confession that she originally had reservations about the marriage because she had always wanted to be with a girl . . . Brilliant! That made it all fall together and seem authentic. It also revealed that the whole charade was never really about the guy - it was about the girls. She manipulated him into getting more than just a one time hall pass.

She will never be satisfied with just her hubby again. She needs sex with others. He is a little more than a cuck, but not much more. When they were entertaining him they were rubbing pussy on his face, telling him how much they would like to fuck him, etc. lies! now that they are in bed fucking his wife, all he gets is an occasional bj.

She deceived him into being a willing participant. Remember how it all started? He gives her the fuck of the year, and the first thing out of her mouth is that she wants to use her card. This is one manipulative bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent

Well written and well executed. I liked the twists and what I enjoyed the most were people who were/are good people at heart. Makes for a good Valentines story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 11 years ago
I usually despise cuck stories, but this one kind of works

Several comments noted that this is a story; a fantasy. I kind of liked it. Note that the husband never did have sex with the other women (thank you Bill Clinton). Not something I would want my wife to do to me, but I liked the way the wife in the story set up her husband to be entertained - she clearly respected him and had a plan to minimize his pain. I vote five stars - as a story, a fantasy, well done.

harristharristabout 11 years ago
Unique

I have nothing to say except WOW!!!

Thankyouj

PassionateKissesPassionateKissesabout 11 years ago
Love It!

I love it...

I loved the 14th being for her and the 15th being for him, awesome idea.

Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nothing to say but "where's my barf bag"

If SW Mo Hermit says your story sucks, take it to the bank. If he says it sucks and you fawn all over it, time to have your psychologist change your medication. This was painfully bad. Cucks are uniting over it. So that should tell the author something. The freaks are on your side. Good job. SW Mo is, in my mind, only equaled by Rehnquist for depth and skill. My advice to Tx Tall Tales is to use another name when writing your cuck fetish crap so you don't destroy your reputation.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 11 years ago
Well, if you were trying to write a story about the perfect whore...

... and the perfect wimp, you succeeded spectacularly. Since I don't think that was your intent, I gave it 1 star, only because there was no lower rating possible. The loving conversation between Sherri and Alex while she was cuckolding him was sickening. Of course, all the lesbian and threesome shit at the end was just plain stupid. As a matter of fact, the whole premise was pretty damn stupid.

Winter2011Winter2011about 11 years ago
Horrible

Highly rated tripe sorry TX worst sorry from you ever

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
you know I think Harry in VA is right

Tx Tall Tales has serious mental issues

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Fucking garbage! and the ones who favourited it are obviously willing cucks or sluts, NOT WORTH RATING!

Fighting41Fighting41about 11 years ago
Pathetic Pile of Shit

What a absoulte pile of drivel this story was. I'm sure that there are enough little cucky's here to vote the story high but it really only deserves a 1*

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
I didn't like it, but I respected it

I will admit that it was an ambitious effort, and had a lot of drama, emotional impact and the near-sex during hubby's 'distraction' was hot. Add in good writing and pacing, and I gave it high marks. But, it bugged me. A lot. The almost visceral irritation I had to this story suggests how well it was written. But, it also suggests a lot of cognitive dissonance.

Thing is, I was really bugged by several inconsistencies. The wife's free pass wasn't about emotional commitment, it was about physical/sexual experiences. But, she bastardizes the spirit of the pass when she goes to hubby about 'helping' John. The cheating is about the emotional connection in this case: she wants to be a good friend to him, she cares that much about him, she's worried about him, etc., etc. In other words, she has such a strong emotional attachment to this other guy that she is willing to risk her marriage, and hurt her husband very much, in order to 'help' out this 'friend.' And, it isn't just a one-off; not really. She wants several days with the guy. You can dress it up however you want, and the wife did, ad nauseum, but she just had to do it. She could have backed off when she saw how hurt her hubby was by the suggestion (btw-doing it on their special Valentine's night was just shit-icing on the crap-cake).

It almost seems like the author was going for maximum LW cringe-worthiness in this tale, but dressing it up as this selfless, loving act.

Thing is, it was loving; just completely misdirected. Wife was expressing a deep love for John (albeit a fraternal one, mostly). A love that was so strong that she would test her hubby's love for her. That's pretty bullshit. And, as if that wasn't enough, she brings others into the scheme, ostensibly to 'distract' hubby. But, that just makes his status as a willing, if reluctant, cuckold, all the less private. Shit, John's family knew what went on. Did anyone that hubby would see in the future not know about it? His wife would have the reputation of a great gal to confide your troubles in, that's for sure.

There was something else: hubby knows this John guy had for years admired the wife, had sought her out at parties, they had flirted with each other, it reved the wife up, etc. Then, she sort of springs on hubby just how close they had become in recent months: regular lunches, breaks, confidences, she being his sounding board and all that. And, it was her doing the pursuing. That is a big deal. It's not being a friend. He was just a guy at work going throug a hard time. That's a burgeoning, intimate relationship with a member of the opposite sex; pursued with purpose by the wife for months. WTF?!? And, hubby never really knew about it until the "honey, remember that free pass...?" bombshell. That would worry me more than anything else.

The author tells us everything ends happily ever after, and I will accept it. They have regular threesomes with other chicks from then on? Great. Again, he doesn't get to fuck any of them (with his dick, anyway). Just sort of that little bit of inequality to keep him from balancing the books fully, I guess. Oh, and throw in that one of their regular playmates won't let him touch her, and has an abiding love for the wife. Wonderful.

I get what the author was trying to do. But, despite his high degree of skill and attention and effort to this tale, no one, no matter how tightly wound, can shove a lump of coal up his ass and in two weeks have a diamond.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
This story was very annoying.

John's ex screws him over and Sheri's generosity results in HER husband getting screwed over. Meanwhile, our hero is spending three nights with three sexy women and he's remaining true to his marriage. What's wrong with this picture? What happens when the next hard luck story comes long? How does our hero now say no? And now her coworkers will think of her as a whore rather than the ice queen and her husband as being a cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
1,4,and 6

Don't even read the other pages, because this story is crap...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
One more thought ...

Very interesting comments.

I gave it five stars. While I do not accept the premise that it is ok to share your wife if the cause is noble, you did write it in the most believable way possible. I still don't swallow it, but I can almost see the reasoning.

I would not have married the bitch to begin with. If it takes a get out of jail free card to convince her, then it is not worth it. But, he did regret it and I understand his intent. He never wanted her to use it, merely to allay her fears. I understood that he wanted her to know that if she made a mistake, as she feared, he would forgive her. I get that. So the card was not a you have my permission to go do this, but rather an if you do slip, I will still love you. Don't think I didn't notice her immediate response that she wouldn't ever slip or need to use it. At that moment I would have torn up the card. So much for her word.

Once she brings it up later, he reacted correctly. However, he should have left her ass. Even if she decided to not do it, just the fact that she was willing is enough to kill the marriage. I agree with the previous comments regarding the fact that she essentially had established an intimate relationship with this guy at work. Long lunches, sharing private thoughts, flirting . . . And now her reasons for wanting to fuck him are emotionally based (she cares deeply for him), which means this is so much more than sex. As she explains her reasoning to the hubby, I was more and more thinking he should leave. Instead he grants her wish and gives her four days. That I do not get.

Others have picked up on her telling all her single friends. In fact, everyone seems to know about this, and agrees that it was a great thing to do. First, isn't this what true cuckolding is about, humiliating the hubby in front of everyone? Second, wouldn't there be at least one person who thought this whole thing was crazy and wrong? Real life . . . There needs to be a voice of reason represented. Apparently, all her friends were depraved bisexuals who had no qualms with this arrangement. Thirdly, the friends are willing to prostitute themselves for the husband, but not the single guy in desperate need. Really? You wrote in an explanation for this, which was somewhat believable. However, this woman is willing to risk her marriage because she is determined to help her friend. The other woman could have also gone to such Herculean efforts to help him as well. But again, this goes back to my original premise. This was never about helping the friend. This was about tricking the hubby into allowing the wife unlimited access to other pussy. The friends wanted his wife, that's why they went along. Then the wife admits that getting pussy was also what she had always wanted. The hubby gives his wife what she wants as a reward for being a moral saint. The truth is she isn't a hero. Just another slut trying to pull one over on her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Crazy story

Crazy story... 

Sheri honey, remember Vicki, well her hubby cheated on her, ran off with his young sexy secretary and I think she's suicidal. Vicki's a good friend and well I think I need to fuck her to straighten her out. You don't mind honey do you? I made a date with her on Valentines day. I know that's our special day, but I want to make it special for her too.

Yeah that plot line will fly - when pigs do.

Sheri's so concerned about another guy.... She'd risk her marriage? 

She gets to play but he can't. How's that making it up to him? He gave her the card, and if she was a truly loving wife she wouldn't have used it. Nice seven year itch though.  Or is it just a test to see if he'll cheat with one of his "dates"? When some one cashes in their get out of jail free card then you really know they can't be faithful nor trusted.

But did she or didn't she? Did Sheri do nothing more with John than Alex did with his  dates? The unanswered question. 

What's love got to do with it? As if sex was inconsequential and it only mattered that one was loved.  The "it's only sex with him, but it's you I love" device doesn't work either. When the wife says it's just a little meaningless sex, well heck I'd like to have a little meaningless sex too. Well OK, I'd like to have a lot of meaningless sex... 

So Sheri has  her work gals on dates with her hubby and they know about the whole deal. They know she's likely going the fuck John. Great... So they know he's a cuck. 

"You're a hell of a man, Alex. I don't know many guys who would be confident enough in their marriage to go along with this."

That is absolutely stupid. It isn't a lack of confidence that cause a guy to object. It's about lack of equality, of being inferior, of being an unwilling cuckold. What a dork. He needs a "get out of jail free" card too. But he doesn't insist on it does he.

"No," [Joanie]  said softly, kissing me for the umpteenth time that night. "Just the opposite. I wish I could find a man like you."

And  so Joanie wants a guy just like Alex, i. e. a wimp cuck that would let her fool around with another guy. And why wasn't Joanie with John instead of Sheri? Alex isn't a cheater but Sheri is... Great. 

And what's with John. His wife cheats, divorces him, so fooling around with a married woman is something he'd like to do? 

"She seemed so sincere in her need to 'save him' I just couldn't get in her way. Doesn't mean it isn't eating me up inside."

So Sheri wants to save John but at the expense of her loving husband. What a loving wife. 

 "I'm very happily married".  Uh, not so happily married after he's cucked... 

""Do you? Do you really? Because I do, you know. I might have fucked up the other night, but you have to know, Alex. You're my soul-mate. Absolutely." She sounded nervous. "We're Ok, right? I'm not ruining things. Please tell me that we're Ok?"

""I can't tell you we're Ok," I teased, hesitating. "We're so much better than that. We're perfect. I understand. I...I think it's a hell of a thing you're doing, and the courage it took to ask me is something else. You're a pretty amazing friend, aren't you?"

Fucking stupid again... The courage to ask? Does she have the courage to return the favor - actually let him fuck another woman? 

Just her asking to use the card changes their relationship - permanently.  Actually leaving and spending three days with the guy ... things would never be the same.

Alls well that ends well? Hardly. 

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
About the card

A man is a man and should have kept his word , as he did . Having said that , the fact that card is used changes the dynamics of the relationship. The author didn't understand that , did not explore it and just had the hubby be a passive receiver of events. Preaty borring I'm afraid.

I also hated the ending , in the sence that it tried to please both crowds. Wife gets to have all the sex and dictates all the rules care free. We got the cuckold crowd covered. Then the dude dies , we get a hint that the wife might not have done anything and the promise of an orgy. There you go , the hubby *wins*. Lame , unimaginative and an insult to the reader.

Come on dude , stick to your group sex stories. They are awesome , this is not.

zed0zed0about 11 years ago
Sick

You bitch writers idea of men is disgusting, you really need to get fucked more and pick up an STD or two, might mellow you out a little.

The poor little wimp didn't get to fuck in return, then hugged the guy who he let fuck his wife. I'm surprised you didn't have him watch them fuck, and get a little cream pie afterwards. I really don't have anything against gays or lesbians, but you are one sick male bashing dyke.

I will attempt to vote more than once from a number of different computers just to make sure you lose this contest, and become so discouraged that you never writie this crap ever again.

likeboblikebobabout 11 years ago

First, their wedding vows would negate the card as it was given to her before they married. Having said that, the whole story was beyond stupid and to say it was unbelievable would be an understatement.There was nit even any "romance" in the story just people talking about all the time . Bad story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
if my wife requested shit like that would be divorced

I dont share period. If some fuckup has a rough life my wife wont be the one to help him and remain married to me i dont give a fuck who he is.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 11 years ago
Thanks for the story!

I found the story entertaining. I wouldn't have reacted as he did, nor would I have allowed her manipulations to go unchallenged....but this is fiction, isn't it??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Could have been great

But this story fell to slightly better than average, first because it was never explained if the wife did or didn't.

Then off to into another homosexual story. Let's face it, if this one wins, I would fall over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Implausible - Show me the ring!

This story died on the first page:

"But she closed the box, without taking the ring out"

This was in front of female family members? No ohhing and ahhing? Even I would ask to see the ring, just to see how big the rock was. On her finger. Refusal to put ring on finger would make for a strange scene, and spectators would know something was up. Plus the thought of having to use a get out of jail card to convince a woman to marry oneself is pathetic. Better off with a mail order bride!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Disappointing

After the first page or so I was looking forward to a story about a wife who abuses her "get of of jail free card", the husband finds out, and there are consequences. This was just annoying.

hodunkhodunkabout 11 years ago
intresting

Liked the story and as always you are one of my favorite writers. Thanks for sharing. hodunk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
OMG

This story cuts both ways for me. Parts of it were scorching hot. Parts of it were tender and sweet. Parts of it were tragic. But then there was that other part, the part where her narcissism inflicted soul-searing pain. I'm certain being in love with her would involve visiting every part of the spectrum of emotion. I'd love the highs, and probably not survive the lows.

Be clear, though: this is an awesome story.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 11 years ago
I gave it 5 stars

Yeah it is over the top but so what?It isn't a cuck story,tx made it different.Yes she wad pretty fucking cold asking him on valentines day and I agree that you have to wonder the motives with sherri..the whole john and the friends at the office is out there a bit,but if you don't try to find ulterior motives it works.It seems like Sheri di didn't sleep with john from the way it was told and one weakness is sherri doesn't te him,I think she would.Especially with john dead I think she would want to clear the air.I don't understand about tbe gal pals and the no.penetration,what they do is sex

,so why the rules?

The bi angle is different and for all the jesus freaks I hate to tell you but a lot of men's biggest fantasies are bi women,and most would jump at the chance if their wife wanted to do it.Tx I do have problems with the threesomes,it does seem like sherri is having the fun but hubby isn't,that makes it a little unfair...

But overall it was interesting,for all its over the top wildness:)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A Really Good 5***** Story, Triple T

Thanks for making an hour and a half of my time worthwhile!!!

Do

katibkatibabout 11 years ago
Half and Half

I was entranced by the beginning: marvelous lead up to the card, it showed great control of language and style. Good up to when Sheri ;leave to go with John. Then you turned a story with great emotional potential into something a little better than a farce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
The kids.

A little over the top, but not in such a bad way. An even better ending would be for them to somehow gain custody of his children, like having his ex die just before he does and his will giving them custody. A happy ending for all and all that.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 11 years ago
A bit far fetched

But it's a fantasy, and a good one at that. Ignore what the woman haters that make up this section scream about, it was a well written story and even if it was a bit outlandish how everything just magically worked out it was a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Please don't get trapped into what this category has become

I still think that your "Accidental Nudist Resort" is the epitome of what the Loving Wives category should be (and it's no coincidence that it's the top rated story in the category): women who are married but who are involved in swinging, sharing, etc.

This disgusting, misogynist crap that seems to have taken over the category with the insanely unsexy revenge fantasies, etc., really need to go away.

It seemed like this story bent in that direction, instead of the wonderful ones you've written like the above-mentioned Nudist Resort, Our First Swing (Sheri's POV), the Sis-in-Law stories featuring the wife character, and Vegas Gamble. Honestly, these were all fucking brilliant and, you'll note, all got great ratings.

Anyway, I love your writing. You're frankly the best writer on her (by a long shot) and maybe I'm a little selfish in wanting you to keep writing the stories I like -- but they're also the stories that get you great ratings.

My advice: stick with the group stuff, the long build-ups, the teasing and the "I want to but I shouldn't", the swapping and sharing and you're going to get a bunch more top-rated stories.

IrfonIrfonabout 11 years ago

I really do not think I could do what this man agreed to,with his Wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
To Irfon - who gives a fuck

what is your point?

m48gunnerm48gunnerabout 11 years ago
Maybe, but

I don't think I could do that.....I understand the motivation, maybe, but to just tell my wife to go off with another man for several days is a bit tough to imagine. However, it was a good story and I enjoyed it as I do most, not all, but most of your writings. Thanks,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
wtf

The was terrible and I have read every word here

tgd60tgd60about 11 years ago
ENJOYED IT!

Was a tough go at first. But having read many of your other stories, I was confident the outcome would be worth it.. and it was!! Great story!! I want to hear about how Feb 15th turned out!!

cliqueggecliqueggeabout 11 years ago
Good read again

It isnt about what we as husband's can or cant do in similar situations - its about reading a good story and enjoying it.

Thanks mate a good read once again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
re: anonymous-To Irfon-who gives a fuck

The point is you stupid ass he didn't like this story, you ignorant piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
This story did not meet your usually high standard

of story telling. You made the cucks happy but did nothing for the rest of us that usually enjoy your style of story telling.Like somebody said, change your name when you feel the need to write cuck stories. I usually give your story a high rating, sorry this one didn't earn it. Good luck next time, you failed miserable at story telling this time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I just love the way the

cuckold lovers try to make this into a love story. Author you went to the bottom of the shit pile when you wrote this. Maybe well written, but the subject matter is for those cuckolds that seem to fall all over themselves trying to convince others how great this story is. Please stick to what you do best, write decent loving wives stories, and leave the cuckolds themes to others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Sigh

This category really brings out the worst people on this site. TX your one of my fav authors on this site by far and I enjoyed this story. Next time though you might want to find a different category to post under though. The rabid woman haters and trolls in this category will always foam at the mouth if the story doesn't involve a wife getting burned. It's likely the worst category to try a win a contest in for that reason alone.

NKenNKenabout 11 years ago
Liked the start..

but expected a different outcome!

After all, near the beginning John is supposedly a "friend" of Alex and Sheri!

That's some friend and some wife! A friend who can only be "comforted" by Alexs wife and the wife (Sheri) who loves her husband so much that she has been seeing John socially but has never told Alex anything until deciding to use her get out of jail card! And this she reveals on Valentines day when Alex has gone to town to show Sheri how much he loves her!

Having made John happy sheri then reveals that she's always wanted to try on a women or 3 for size and proceeds to do so with hubbys blessing!

Will there be another chapter where Sheri cons Alex in to letting her trying a man sporting a salami sized package!

I like happy endings but just felt like it had turned in to a farce by the end.

I sincerely hope that your next story shows you returning to your previous high standard.

DMarshalDMarshalabout 11 years ago
WOW....

Ok this is not the usual m.o. from TX. While I gave the story a 5* rating, it would have gotten a 3-4* if it had not been so well written. What I just don't understand is how could a wife ever find it acceptable to use GOJF card to seemingly have another man and then come back to her husband and basically say "Fooled you I really wanted the women I put in front of you." Then she gets to have all the fun she wants but the husband just gets occasional mercy BJ's to placate him. She would have been out the door with springing that on Valentine's Day or any day. Wedding vows supersede any "promise"made.

The way she manipulated him, even after the way she saw he reacted just shows how selfish she is. Then to throw her secret lovers into his face and then say you can look cop a feel but no interaction, but I can interact all I want is just unbelievable. The fact that the other women willingly played along shows they are no better than she is. Alex also needs a foot up his ass because for him not to realize he is being used is not a good way to go through life. If nothing else warned him something more was going on, it should have dawned on him at the will reading. Who leaves all of their money to people who were as the wife describes it "Just friends" and nothing more? That should have told him that whatever was going on was going on for a hell of a lot longer that he was told, if there was time and reason to include them into his will.

He didn't (it wasn't included in the story) even leave his child anything. I know his ex-wife or the other child wasn't expected to get anything but he still had a child. That makes her relationship with him more significant than what she lead her husband to believe. If she loved her husband like she said why would she have made a drawn out plan to deceive, manipulate, coerce, and willfully hurt him. If she went through this much planning to get what she wanted, what would she do to get another chance to do what she wanted. What happens if she gets interested if trying out anther man (again)? What happens if she falls for one of the women? So many questions of "What if" that frankly leave the story well open for a second chapter.

Jim44444Jim44444about 11 years ago
Another 5 * story from TTT

A great fantasy story. The fact that so many commented on the story with so many different opinions only shows what a superb storyteller you are. When an author can elicit such strong emotional responses from the readers then he has achieved his goal. Your technical skills are awesome, you presented a scenario that can be interpreted many ways as the comments show. I enjoyed the story for the fantasy it presented.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Not your usual good stuff

I normally love all your stories but this one left me disappointed. The whole cuckold theme I dislike anyway, and the fact he never had sex with his wife's friends, while she did whatever she wanted to seemed sorta nuts. I will look forward to other stories of yours.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Not your usually good story

Wimpy cuckolds don't turn me on. As to the whiners who moan about opposing opinions. Get a fucking life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Crap

Crap

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Oh how I wish I could give this two scores

like figure skating

Technical Merit - 4.5: Clean up those nasty apostrophe esses and it would be a five

And the title is more than a little mis-leading. It wasn't a Valentine's Day card. It was Get Out of Jail Free card, played on Valentine's Day (the Stupid Bitch How did she think he was going to react???)

Artistic Impression 1.5-2 at best:

How could the man who wrote "A Texan's Ending to The Joke" write this drivel? Sheri has been lying to Alex their whole marriage. Not once has she ever admitted that she is even bi-curious, much less bi-sexual Never. But they talk about everything according to her when she is pleading with Alex

Then she gets to do anything she wants with John, but Alex has to limit himself with "first date" ?? Come ON !!!

To the reader who insists that there is a long history with John since he left everything to them and nothing to his kids. The story doesn't say that It doesn't mention any other bequests at all. His kids may very well have gotten something, even if it was a trust so his ex couldn't get her hands on any of it If his family was a well to do as it sounds, his mother and sisters certainly didn't need it And his other friends (if he had any) certainly had not done much to deserve anything, had they??

I'll settle for giving this 3 stars, just 'cause I generally like TTT's stuff so well

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
High quality

Your stories never disappoint, and this is one of the best ever! It's a winner with me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20410 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).