That Girl Next Door Ch. 06a

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay then. We have him stable for the moment," the doctor smiled. "I found the bleeder and sutured it closed. His blood pressure is still quite low, but I have been informed that a large number of blood donors arrived just a short time ago that share his blood type. Once we get his blood volume restored, he should be out of the woods. But we're not quite there yet, so keep praying.

"His X-Rays showed only one small bullet fragment and it was easy to get to it, so no worries there. He will be on antibiotics for a couple of weeks to prevent any possible infection. Fortunately, the paramedics got to him in time to get enough fluid into his veins that his heart didn't stop and also we got lucky and didn't lose him on the operating table either. He was in really bad shape when he got here, but things are definitely looking better now than when he first arrived. The prognosis for a full recovery is looking very good right now."

"Thank you, ma'am." Jessica said as Dr. Michelle Adams stepped closer and placed her hand on Jessie's shoulder. The doctor gave her shoulder an affectionate squeeze along with a gentle shake. Then patted her on the upper arm before returning to work still smiling. It was as close to a hug as propriety would allow for total strangers. But Michelle was happy inside because it was always a pleasure when you were able to give a grieving family some good news.

"I believe that I am feeling rather peckish at the moment!" Rebecca exclaimed using her best attempt at imitating a British accent. This elicited a giggle from both Jessica and Melanie.

"Oh, no! You poor dear," Melanie commiserated. "I had truly hoped that someone had escaped Jason's indoctrination into the Monty Python genre!"

"Honey, you haven't lived until you see Jase and Roe perform 'The Dead Parrot Sketch1' together." Rebecca said. "Roe's Mexican accent is so strong that he can't really do the British accent too well. That in itself is worth the price of admission! Jase does all of the John Cleese lines and Roe does the lines recited by Michael Palin as the shopkeeper. They are hilarious together!"

"Oh, trust me! We know! They do that gag for EVERYBODY! They also do Jake and Elwood Blues. The entire opening to the first Blues Brothers movie right up to the part where they park in front of the orphanage. That one has everyone rolling in the aisles too!"

The three girls laughed at the images that invoked, then they all agreed that they were starting to get a little hungry as well as thirsty too. Everyone that had donated whole blood or plasma had been instructed to drink plenty of healthy fluids like apple juice or orange juice and to eat well after their donations. None of the three girls wanted to part company with the others so together they gathered in the nearly deserted hospital cafeteria for some sustenance.

They purchased their needs after passing through the buffet line and found a table in a quiet corner for some privacy, being steered to that location by Rebecca. Neither Jessica or Melanie were immediately aware that she had manipulated them into being separated a good distance away from the rest of the people present in the room. Rebecca had an agenda with these two and she had decided to pursue it a few minutes ago after the doctor had reported on Jason to them. Once they were seated, Rebecca gathered her courage to address the other girls.

"Jessie, I know that you probably have no reason to like me at all much less trust me, but please do. I promise both of you that I have no desire to hurt either one of you or Jason. In the past, you were always so distant and aloof with me, but today we're both behaving just like long lost friends. You hugged me just a few minutes ago and that one little act of kindness made a HUGE world of difference to me. I want us to stay close like this! We really need this Jessie.

"When Jason and I were dating, it made me sad that I couldn't approach you without walking on eggshells. I never tried to push your buttons, but it just seemed like whenever I spoke to you that I was irritating you somehow. I never wanted us to be enemies. I always wanted you to be just like family to me." Having spoken her peace, Rebecca lowered her eyes and studied her hands that were resting in her lap. Jessica raised her hand and placed her index and middle fingers gently on Rebecca's lips to seal her silence.

"Becky, let me stop you right there. I need to apologize to you because everything that happened between us, you and me, was totally my fault. You didn't do anything wrong other than fall in love with and date my brother. I treated you badly because I was childish and inconsiderate. You didn't do anything at all to deserve it, but I was still such a bitch to you. It was entirely my mistake and I am terribly sorry for what I did. I was so very, very wrong for how I treated you and it will never happen again if you will please forgive me."

"Oh Jessie! Absolutely! You're totally forgiven! Pax?" Rebecca reached out and grasped Jessica's forearm just below the elbow while Jessica did the same in return. A singular-motion forearm shake between the two girls followed and they grinned at one another.

"Pax," exclaimed Jessica!

Rebecca took a deep breath and steeled herself for the next part. "Jessie, honey, please don't freak out on me. I promise that your secret is totally safe with me. It will stay right here with the three of us for all time and my hand to God, Jess, I will never tell another living soul."

Jessica cocked her head slightly to the side, a puzzled look upon her face. Rebecca lowered her voice to just above a whisper before she plunged ahead.

"The whole reason that you used to hate me was because you were in love with your brother, right? I've seen how jealous women behave, hun. You were showing all of the symptoms. That combined with how Jase was keeping you at a distance told me everything that I needed to know.

"But the thing is this, I didn't figure it out until last Sunday. It was just like trying to assemble a large jigsaw puzzle." Rebecca noticed Jessica's demeanor suddenly change to alarm, so she altered her tack. "Easy, babe! Calm down! I told you that I am on your side. Everything is okay and the secret is safe!"

Melanie had moved her own chair in closer now to show support for Jessica.

"Honey, please listen to me. I am not going to hurt anyone here and I'm not asking for anything in return other than just friendship and acceptance. Jase and I have not spoken to each other since our breakup and it is killing me."

"That's not entirely true," Melanie stepped in, the irritation showing in her voice. "You called him on the phone the other day."

"That's true in a technical sense. What I mean is that he and I have not spoken at length or had a full conversation since I walked out on him. Look, I'm just trying to share a little information with you to help everyone out. I still care deeply about Jase and I want the three of you to be happy. I am trying to do everything I can to help him, and both of you, too. Please believe me. I am here to give and not to take.

"What you don't know is that when Jase and I were together I was so totally besotted that my whole world revolved around him and making him happy. I guess it still does even though the embers have cooled a little bit. He has a very dominant personality though and that can sometimes make it difficult and frustrating when dealing with him. So my solution to that problem was to study him closely for certain 'tells', just like a poker player does with his opponents. I wanted to be able to correctly read him so that if I were setting my feet wrong, I could change course and fix it immediately before I made him angry.

"To the average person on the street, his quirks are just normal things that everyone else does, so no one really notices. But I was so very deeply in love with Jase," Rebecca paused briefly and then continued, "Truth be told, I still am." She paused for a moment to take a deep breath and continued on.

"So a couple of weeks ago, I happened to stop by Kroger for some things that I needed at home. Imagine my surprise when I saw the two of you with Jason inside of the grocery store. You guys never noticed me, but I watched the three of you for a few minutes.

"When Jase and I were dating, there were a couple of times that just out of brotherly love and affection, I noticed him hold your hand for a minute or two. Back then the two of you were holding hands like this." Rebecca demonstrated by taking Jessica's hand and curling her own around it holding palm to palm with her fingertips wrapped around the pinky finger side to the back. "When I hold hands with someone in my own family, I do the same thing. So there is nothing out of the normal for this gesture. But then, when I saw you in the store the other day, he was holding hands with you like this." She changed her grip so that their fingers were now separated and interlaced together, palm to palm and wrist to wrist.

"So?" Jessica asked with a look of curiosity on her face.

Leaning forward to whisper gently into Jessica's ear Rebecca continued, "That is specifically Jason's tell for intimacy. He only does that with a girl if he has made love to her. I swear to God that I will not tell another living soul, but I have no doubt that you and Jason are intimate lovers now. All three of you are in a love triangle together. I also saw the kiss between the two of you when you thought that no one was around to see it." She nodded in Mel's direction. "That was so totally hot that it left me breathless!

"I've seen two girls kiss before. I mean, at this college the girls outnumber the guys nearly 3 to 1, so a certain amount of sapphic love is bound to come out around here. But when you two kissed, it was so totally different somehow. Maybe it was the extra passion that you two put into it. But the two of you knocked my socks off. I have never felt attracted to another female, ever! But after watching the two of you, if the right girl approached me in the right way, maybe I could be seduced into trying it out just to see how it feels."

Melanie's face was as white as a ghost and Jessica was too stunned for words. The three young women just sat there for several moments exchanging glances back and forth between them.

"You need to keep this shit quiet!" Melanie had finally found her voice and raised it several levels. "If rumors like that get started it would hurt a lot of people and cause irreparable damage!" In a role reversal, it was Jessica that made the move to calm Melanie down this time.

"Easy, Mel. Slow down babe. Stop for a moment and look carefully into her eyes. She said that she isn't trying to hurt anyone and she is actually trying to warn us and let us know that we could be found out if she was able to figure it out. I believe her, Mel. I am starting to trust her, but I'm not totally there yet. Okay, so maybe I'm most of the way there. But for now I believe her. I really do believe that she has our backs. Calm down, babe."

Reaching over and taking Melanie's hand into her own Rebecca spoke again, "Please believe me. All of us have the same goal here. I know that I am going to put Jason first before anything else from now on. I'm quite sure that Jessie is already doing that. I'm taking a leap of faith by saying that you will too, Mel. Jason is the luckiest bastard on the face of this planet to have all three of us at his back."

The three women looked at each other and after a moment they all nodded in agreement. Little did they know that during that short conference together, they had just formed an everlasting bond that would stand the test of time.

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

Even though the current local time was approaching midnight, the waking world began to arrive at Jason's doorstep. As consciousness slowly descended on Jason, his senses also began to respond to interrogation sending information to his subconscious brain. The news was not pleasant. Every nerve in Jason's body was communicating messages of pain and he felt like he had been run over by a Mack® truck.

As more awareness slowly invaded Jason's mind, the next tactile inputs were the sounds in the room. He registered that he was laying in a bed, but it was obviously not at his apartment. It didn't smell like home because there was a distinct odor of Lysol® or some other such sterilizing chemical present. He became aware of the sounds of some machine issuing an electronic beep periodically. Next came the sensation of all of the tubes and wires attached to his body.

Rebecca was sitting at his bedside reading a magazine that she had found in the lobby to pass the time. The nurses had informed all of the friends and family standing watch over Jason in his room that the medication keeping him unconscious would begin to wear off shortly and that he would probably awaken at any moment. So Rebecca sat in a chair facing towards him that she had moved close to the bed and held her reading material in her left hand as she rested the other on top of Jason's right hand.

Mother Nature had summoned Melanie to the 'throne room' so she was just a few feet away enclosed inside of the water closet. The Stewart parents were due to arrive shortly, so Jessica had assumed the duty of waiting for them in the lobby. Rebecca felt the first tremors in Jason's hands as he began to return to the waking world. She threw the magazine over onto the sofa and was immediately on her feet moving to the head of the bed. She lowered the side railing of the hospital bed and leaned close to Jason, brushing his bangs back on his forehead while gazing upon him with loving eyes.

Melanie had just finished washing and drying her hands. As she exited the restroom, Melanie saw Rebecca standing beside the bed loving on her future fiancé. Melanie quickly crossed to the other side of the room to be at Jason's other side. She had just arrived when Jason issued a groan and slowly opened his eyes. On instinct alone, he turned his head to look at Rebecca because she was the closest girl to him at that moment.

"Hello lover," Rebecca spoke to him softly and gently.

"Becky? What are you doing here?"

"Easy, babe. Don't move. Take a few more minutes to gather your thoughts together."

Jason began to sift through his memories. He first remembered Becky, then the bank, and shooting the gunman that was trying to hurt her. It took a few moments more to remember the arrival of the police and his momentary feelings of relief that Becky was safe. While laying in the bed, he surveyed his surroundings to gain his bearings.

"Why am I in the hospital?"

"You got hit by a stray round and lost a lot of blood, honey. But you're going to be just fine. The doctor who worked on you found the bullet and got it out. She also sewed you up really well. She has true talent with a needle and thread. You might not even get a scar to show you where you got hit."

"She?"

"That's right you old hound dog! You're like a babe magnet lately," Melanie chimed in. "Your doctor was very pretty, even dressed down in scrubs like she was. I don't know how you do it, but somehow you seem to always have the prettiest girls at your beck and call!"

"Mel!" It wasn't until she had spoken that Jason realized that she was there. He could still see the remnants of concern written all over her face. "Oh babe! I'm so sorry! I never meant to upset you!"

"It's okay, dear heart." Melanie leaned over the bed and bussed his cheek. "I know that you're okay now and we're going to be just fine."

"That's not the proper way to kiss your fiancé," Rebecca teased. "Here, let me show you." She took Jason gently by the chin and turned his face back towards herself then lowered her lips to his. She brushed her tongue across his lips and in a knee-jerk reaction, Jason opened his mouth and accepted the intrusion. Rebecca french-kissed Jason for nearly a full minute with Melanie watching them totally amused.

'Jason is so disorientated that he doesn't realize that he is kissing his ex right in front of me. He is so going to freak out really bad when he gathers his wits!' Melanie thought to herself.

"Mmmm! Goodness gracious, but I have missed those kisses," Rebecca said after she broke the contact.

Melanie was momentarily stunned when she realized that she felt no jealousy towards Rebecca at all. Watching Jason's reaction to what had just transpired made her giggle with girlish delight. She decided in an instant to keep up the tease by joining in on the prank.

"I swear to gawd! There you go again, you no good cheating bastard!" She glanced quickly around the room. The door was securely shut and the three of them were alone. But she still lowered her voice so that only Jason and Rebecca could hear her.

"First, I catch you cheating on me by fucking your own damn sister! And now, here you go again. Right here in front of me, and in broad daylight no less, you're kissing your ex-girlfriend like you're more than ready to pick up right where the two of you left off! What am I going to do with you? It seems like every time that I suck on your dick, I am tasting some other woman's pussy juices on it! Up until now it has only been Jessie's cum, but I guess it won't be long before I find out what Becky's cum tastes like too!"

Jason was blushing furiously and spluttering while trying to form the words to speak that he needed to offer up a rebuttal. The fact that Melanie had just revealed his incestuous love affair with Jessica right in front of Rebecca horrified him. 'What in the hell is she thinking?' immediately flashed into Jason's mind.

"So! I see that you took my advice after all," Rebecca taunted her former boyfriend. When Jason looked back at her with confusion written all over his face Rebecca continued, "I still remember the last thing that I said to you when we broke up! Since you kept going on and on with telling me all about how Jessie was your ideal woman, I told you that you should be fucking her instead of me. I am glad that you took my advice for a change. I think that has to be the first time that you ever have actually done what I told you to do!" Rebecca was smiling ear to ear. She leaned down to Jason and kissed him firmly on the lips, albeit without any tongue this time. "Did you enjoy fucking Jessie? Is it everything that you hoped that it would be? A fiesty little wench like your sister? I'll bet is was probably some of the best pussy that you have ever had, wasn't it?"

"Okay, okay," Melanie broke in. "We've had our fun, Becky. We need to calm him back down. This panic is probably not good for him right now considering that he just got out of surgery a couple of hours ago. If we panic him too badly, his blood pressure may jump up and set off alarms on one of these machines. We don't need to entire staff to come rushing in here and telling us to get the hell out." Melanie was still smiling like the Cheshire Cat even so. It wasn't often that she ever succeeded in outdoing Jason in the pranks department.

"Jase, honey," Rebecca said. "Relax, babe. It's totally okay and the secret is safe with me. That's why I wanted to meet up with you and talk to you tomorrow night. I wanted to let you know that I had figured out the secret that you and Jessie have been keeping and that I would promise to keep it a secret as well. Personally, I am not attracted to any of my own siblings like that. But I'm really okay with you and Jessie being in love. It just fits right on the two of you somehow. It's actually really sweet and kind of hot too!

"I also wanted to ask you if we could end our estrangement. I need you back in my life, as a friend at a bare minimum. But depending on what you, Jessie, and Mel feel, I'm open to being more than just friends. You already know how I feel about being your 'fuck buddy'. That was never an option before and since we have been apart, my feelings on that style of relationship still hasn't changed.