That Girl Next Door Ch. 06a

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I figured out that you are in a menage a trois with both Mel and Jess. Strange as it sounds, I am okay with that and it doesn't change anything about how I feel. Even before the incident at the bank, I had realized that I couldn't go on like this anymore. The one thing that has changed in me is that I'm so stuck on you that I have decided that I will pay any price if you let me come home. That even goes so far and so deep within me that I have no problems with sharing you. A few months ago, I broke up with you because I knew that I was already sharing you with Jessie."

Jason started to interrupt her but Rebecca laid her fingers lightly on his lips to shush him before she continued.

"If you're fixing to tell me that you didn't cheat on me before we broke up, then save it. I have no reason to suspect that in a physical sense, you were anything but completely faithful to me the entire time that we were together. But you and I both know that your heart belonged to Jessie long before we ever met each other for the first time. If someone told me that you immediately bedded Jessie the day after we split, I wouldn't buy that either. It didn't happen overnight, now did it? It still took some time before you caved in to your heart, right?"

Jason was amazed at the depth of Rebecca's insight and simply nodded his head. He remained silent so that she could get everything that she wanted to say off of her chest.

"Look, I know that I burned a lot of bridges when I left, so I'm really at your mercy here. I'm not asking for any kind of an answer right now, so just think about it and we can talk later. I never stopped loving you, Jase. I'll accept whatever you decide...good, bad, or indifferent. Crazy as it sounds, I'm okay with sharing you but only with certain females in particular, present party included." Rebecca's and Melanie's eyes met and an affectionate understanding passed wordlessly between them.

"Ohhh-kaaayyy," Jason said as he began to try and put everything into its proper perspective. He wasn't prepared for the information overload that had actually happened just now. The old Becky had been almost as territorial as Jessie when they were still together. But now, she was willing to share? 'What the ever-lovin' fuck?'

"Jase, honey? Do you need any ice water or anything?" Melanie asked. She wasn't aware that with all of the IV fluid dripping into his veins that Jason most likely didn't feel thirsty at all. The IV kept his body well hydrated so the nerve centers that sent the 'thirsty' message to his brain, mouth, and throat were currently inactive. Jason just shook his head in the negative for a response to the inquiry.

Both girls were holding his hands as they stood by his bedside. Jason raised Melanie's hand to his lips and gently kissed it. 'Why do I feel so damn tired?' Jason pondered to himself. He wasn't thinking about the fact that his body had been under a lot of stress while he was unconscious. He was also still somewhat under the influence of all of the pain medication that he had been doped up on. But that only compounded the confusion of suddenly finding himself laid out in a hospital bed and made it harder for him to concentrate.

Rebecca and Melanie worked together to soothe him and comfort him in order to calm him back down. They made a good team and managed to reassure him that everything was well in hand. There came a moment when Melanie looked across the bed and watched Rebecca for a minute or two. Rebecca was pouring out genuine affection on Jason. Her concern for his health and wellness was plainly evident. Rebecca's love for Jason radiated out from her with solid strength. It totally warmed Melanie's heart. She new in that moment that she could trust Rebecca and that there was a new member on their team.

There was a short discussion with Jason about how the three women were getting along with one another. They both affirmed that Rebecca and Jessica had buried the hatchet and were not at each other's throats. Also, it was pretty obvious with both of them at his bedside that Melanie and Rebecca were fine with each other too. This was when Melanie informed her man that his parents were on the way and should arrive soon.

"Jessie is down in the lobby waiting for them. All you have to do is relax and get better, Sweety," Rebecca said. "You have three strong women who are going to take very good care of you and see that nothing falls through the cracks. Just let one of us know if you think something has been overlooked."

The girls had been loving on Jason for about ten minutes or so when he slipped back into a restful sleep. Melanie moved to sit on the sofa and Rebecca joined her sitting by her side. Melanie's thoughts drifted back to that morning at the campsite when she had made her decision about her own sexual orientation. Now that her concern over Jason was easing off, she realized that she could possibly be attracted to Rebecca.

After thinking about it for a moment or two, she decided that she would try and seduce Rebecca very slowly with baby steps. To test the waters a little, she gathered up Rebecca's hand and held it as they sat there together, standing watch over the one man that had a firm grip on both of their hearts. Rebecca reacted by giving Melanie's hand a gentle squeeze, but she didn't seek to break their contact afterwards either. Both girls eventually allowed their own fatigue to overtake them and they slumped together into a semi-snuggle on the couch while still holding hands with each other.

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

Jessica wasn't all that surprised when 4 adults walked in through the double doors of the Hospital. There had been no mention of the McLaughlins coming up to Nacogdoches with her own parents, but it made perfect sense even so since the two families were so tightly knitted together. Her father and Melanie's father acted more like brothers to each other than neighbors. The two mothers were close too, but they didn't seem as tightly bound as the fathers were.

"Jason's surgeon spoke to us earlier," Jessica began her update with the parents. "He's still under urgent care, but they are reasonably sure that he is out of danger now, so he isn't locked away in the I.C.U."

"What were the extent of his injuries?" Mr. McLaughlin asked.

"He caught a bullet fragment in the side of his chest near the area of his underarm and it nicked the artery that feeds his right arm. He lost a lot of blood, but they were able to close the artery and remove the shrapnel without any issues. Evidently Roe and Jason made some good friends at the Indian Reservation several years ago when they were helping the Life Scouts do conservation work for Eagle projects4. They sent a whole bunch of people up here to give blood for him."

"So what exactly happened at the bank?" Mrs. Stewart wanted to know.

"Roe and Jason were going to go burn some time at the gun range together. Jason offered to loan Roe the money since he was short. No pun intended." Jessica looked over to Roe who had just joined them. At 5'11" tall, Roe was only a hand-width taller than Jessica so the little bit of teasing earned her an affectionate nudge in the shoulder. "Roe wasn't having any charity so they stopped by the bank to grab some cash. They stumbled upon a robbery in progress and ironically enough, the crook was holding onto Becky as a body shield."

"Wait a second!" Jessica's father interrupted her. "Our Becky?"

"One and the same," Jessica continued. "And you know my stupid brother. Sir Galahad on his silver steed. He broke up the robbery by killing the crook, but only because he was forced to. One of the news outlets got a hold of the bank security video and it clearly shows the gunman taking the gun away from Becky's head to aim at Jason just before he shot him."

"Initially, we were kind of scared that the District Attorney was going to go after Jason with murder charges." Roel chimed in. "He started grandstanding about how he wasn't going to allow the citizens to get any ideas about being vigilantes and he was going to ask a Grand Jury to bring charges in the case. But that dumb-ass should have never opened his mouth in front of the cameras.

"Every single person inside the bank at the time of the robbery started hunting down reporters to tell the real story to. The DA shut his trap pretty fast after that. The groundswell of public support for all of us is amazing. The crook's mother had stood with the DA in his on-camera interview and now she is being publicly criticized as well. The whole town is in an uproar."

"Flowers and cards started pouring in from total strangers. Jessica continued, "Becky and I donated at least 3/4ths of the flowers to the Hospital Chapel and they in turn started sharing some of those to other patients in the care unit. It's been an amazing day apart from being scared for a little while that I had lost my brother."

"So Becky's here with Jason then?" Mrs. McLaughlin asked, "Is Melanie about to blow a gasket yet?"

"Uh...yeah. About that. There's been a full paradigm shift on that front." Jessica said, "Becky had phoned Jason almost a week ago. She wasn't looking to get back together with him exactly, but she was hoping to mend fences. So she and I buried the hatchet today and the three of us are all getting along rather well. Surprise, surprise, right? It feels weird as hell, but I think that she and I are actually becoming good friends now in spite of our past differences. We will still have to see how that goes. She's upstairs with Melanie right now. So don't be shocked when you run into her, okay?"

The small gathering quietly left the lobby of the Hospital and headed for the elevators. Most Hospital elevators are designed to be large enough to accept a bed with wheels so that patients can be easily moved from floor to floor and room to room, so they had no problems fitting the entire entourage into the lift together at the same time.

After they stepped off of the elevator, one of the nurses seated at the Nurse's Station saw the group quietly coming down the hall. She quickly stood up and rounded the console to greet them. She was the leading RN on duty for the 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. shift. Her photo/ID badge gave her name as B. Bridges, but she was of no relation to the family of actors with the same last name.

"I'm sorry, but visiting hours are already over. I can only let immediate family into the room of whoever you are here to see, and then only two at a time. It would really be best if you would all return tomorrow around nine in the morning when visiting hours begin again."

"I'm Mr. Stewart and this is my wife. We are Jason's parents and we just got in from the Houston area. We really need to check on our son if you don't mind."

"I can see the family resemblance, Mr. Stewart. Congratulations on having such a fine man for a son. A lot of people around here think that he is a hero after what happened today. I am sure that you must be proud of him."

"I am, but right at the moment, I am more concerned about his condition."

"I think that we can safely say that he will make a full and speedy recovery at this point. You, your wife, and your daughter can come with me, since you're immediate family. As for the rest of you I need to beg your forgiveness, but since it is after our regular visiting hours you still need to come back tomorrow."

Mr. McLaughlin chose that moment to assert his presence and made his way over to Nurse Bridges.

"I'm quite certain that my daughter is at Jason's bedside. They are...ahem...very close to each other shall we say. Could I have a moment to collect her up before we leave? I promise to do so very quietly."

Brooke Bridges was fairly astute at reading strangers. It was a natural born talent of hers. She was inclined to give him some latitude, but rules were there for a reason in a hospital.

"I'm going to have to ask your daughter and the other woman to leave now that Jason's parents are here. I hope that you can understand that I am already bending the rules as much as I can to let his sister remain here too with their parents. So please forgive me, but no. Just wait here for a moment or two while I go get her for you. Then all of you can come back tomorrow. Okay?"

Mr. McLaughlin nodded his head in defeat. He hated having to take on faith that Jason's condition was no longer life threatening. He wanted to see him with his own eyes to gain reassurance to match the words that he was hearing. But since nothing else could be done, he realized that he was just going to have to suck it up for a few more hours and deal with it.

Brooke stepped over to Jason's room while the two sets of parents whispered to each other about logistics and arrangements. The McLaughlins made the decision to drive back down US-59 to the Hampton Inn that was located just outside of the loop on the south side of the city. Using an app on his phone, Mr. McLaughlin quickly booked a full suite for his family.

When Brooke stepped into the room, she was amused to find the two girls holding hands while resting against each other and sound asleep on the sofa that converts into a bed for guests. She knelt down at their feet and gently shook them awake. A short explanation about making them leave for now was given, so they gathered up their things and prepared to go.

Something touched Brooke inside as she watched Melanie, and then Rebecca both kiss Jason gently on the lips before leaving the room together. She looked at the handsome young stranger, as if really seeing him for the first time. Then she too left the room with a fluttering feeling inside of herself. It felt like puppy love and she had not had anything like that hit her since she was a Sophomore in High School.

Rebecca approached Roel briefly and asked him for a ride back to her apartment. He was extremely tired from his exhausting day and agreed on the condition that he could crash in an extra bed or on the couch. Rebecca asserted that it would be no problem to satisfy that request. So once everyone was back downstairs in the lobby, Rebecca and Roel departed the hospital together in Jason's car.

Melanie had a short disagreement over her own sleeping arrangements when her parents refused to let her spend the night alone at her own apartment. Melanie and her mother both wore oversize tee shirts designed specifically for women as sleepwear when they were lounging around at home. It was modest enough to satisfy her father. Not knowing how long she would be away from home, Mrs. McLaughlin had packed more than one for her journey north. So it was decided that Melanie could wait until sometime tomorrow to return to her apartment for a change of clothes and whatever else may be called for at that moment. Her mother would provide her with one of her own night shirts.

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

When Roel and Rebecca arrived at her apartment, she ushered him inside straight away without thinking about the fact that she had a roommate, her best friend Cindy Combs. Both of them stumbled to a halt just inside of the doorway when Cindy squealed in horror and made a break for her bedroom.

Even though Rebecca had sent her text messages from the hospital, Cindy had been worried about her all day long and rightly so. Becky had also called her by voice twice during the day to give updates on both herself and Jason, but even so Cindy still found it impossible to sleep. So unaware that her BFF was bringing home a guest, Cindy had been casually lounging in the living room wearing only her baby-doll nighty.

Roel watched in amazement as Cindy fled to her bedroom. 'She has the most delicious little ass,' Roel thought to himself as he watched her backside jiggle with every step she took down the hallway. 'I already knew that she was very pretty, but damn!' His gaze was broken as Rebecca stepped into his line of view, following the route her roommate had taken. She stopped at a door to a linen closet in the hallway though and began to gather a few items that her guest would need.

"I'm sorry about that Roe," Rebecca began. "I assumed that she would be in her bed asleep. But as the old saying goes, never assume anything because you will always end up making an Ass out of U and Me." They both chuckled as Rebecca made her way over to the couch and started dressing it out for Roel to sleep on.

Cindy returned to the living room after a few moments, her partial nudity now modestly covered by the dressing robe that she had slipped on.

"I'm so embarrassed," she intoned as she began to assist Becky with making up the couch for Roe to sleep on.

"Don't be!" Roel exlaimed. "You're in your own home, Chica! You had every right to expect that your privacy was secure. I'm so very sorry for just barging in on you like that!"

Cindy looked up at that and her eyes connected with Roel's. In an instant, something passed between them. When Becky had been living with Jason, they had crossed paths many times. It was inevitable considering that they were each a best friend to one of the members of the couple that was dating. They certainly were not strangers and had always been cordial and friendly with each other, but the thought of double dating had never occurred to anyone in the group. Cindy had a steady boyfriend at the time and Roel, well he had several women that were seen with him on a regular basis.

Cindy had always thought of Roel as a 'player'. He had a target rich environment here at S.F.A. and had certainly played the part. Subconsciously, her mind had been gathering up data on the real man and not the persona that he projected. Deep inside she knew that the boisterous woman chaser persona was all fake. But on a conscious level, she had just played her own role as Rebecca's best friend and ignored his hijinks. But sometimes, everything needs to be positioned 'just so' in order for mother nature to whop you between the eyes with a two by four and awaken your inner spirit.

As Cindy stared at Roel something inside of her suddenly blazed to life. The tousled black hair, the Hispanic accent, the light brown coloring of his skin, all came together in that moment to squeeze her heart like a vise. Roel drew himself closer to her and gently took her hand. He lifted it to his lips and placed a feather light kiss on Cindy's knuckles. Her breath caught as her pussy suddenly lubricated itself.

He moved closer then after judging her reaction and whispered into her ear, "Felice sueña, chica."

Then he bussed her cheek before turning to give Rebecca a hug. In that moment, you could have knocked Cindy over with a feather. Her pussy was beginning to leak its natural lubrication into her panties. She managed to mutter her own, "Good night." in Roel's direction before she once again turned and walked briskly to her room. Her face felt like it was on fire from a sudden rush of blood to her head. Once she was inside and the door was closed, she leaned back against it while staring at the ceiling of her bedroom. She managed to cram the backside of her hand into her mouth to stifle the groan that escaped her lips, but only just barely.

She threw her robe off onto a chair nearby. It was quickly followed with her top and panties as she stripped herself totally naked. She threw herself into her bed and pulled the covers over herself before grabbing one of her pillows to cover her mouth and face. Her right hand then dove between her legs and she began to furiously jill herself while picturing a Latin lover whose facial features matched Roel's laying on top of her making love to her. Within mere moments she was cumming from her efforts, squealing into her pillow to muffle the sounds of her passion.

After wishing Cindy a good night, Roel had turned towards Rebecca and opened his arms. She didn't give the slightest bit of hesitation in closing the distance between them, wrapping her arms tightly around him as well while burying her face into his neck. She had a stray thought as she realized that Roel was only about 2 inches taller than herself.