All Comments on 'The Accident Ch. 06'

by curious2c

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
fakers51fakers51almost 19 years ago
I liked his decision...

I liked his decision to get away, but since he is divorced from his wife, to keep writing on his relationship with Sue.

I looks as though they will get back together. If not it doesn't make sense to write anymore chapters. Jost thinking out loud.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
i find it curious that the whoring hasn't come up

i find it courious that he hasn't told Cheryl of the whoring Sue did for contracts, but he does bring up the drugs McGuffin that reduces Sue's culpability.

i wonder where you are going with Cheryl - will he get involved with her? he likes her kids, and needs a new world....or will you force him back to Sue? Nancy seems a lost cause - all they seem to have left is sex, and no relationship connection.....

i like how you are working thru this, author. nice psych stuff and long pain. the story lost my interest for a while, but this chapter has picked it up again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Contrivance & Manipulation Diminish Credibility

Flipping and flopping her actions and guilt in his mind amounts to stretching the story. Doing so discredits the story and you.

I credit you with his strong feeling of being cuckolded and going though with the divorce. Residual caring for her constantly being brought up causing his anguish isn't as real as the pain of her long term choosen actions of infidelity. They aren't compatible in one reasonable mind. To thrash this back and forth isn't credible for you. Go to your next story soon without her back with him. All the King's Men couldn't put Humpty back together again nor should you.

Onward and upwards having learned and grown. - with Regard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
dont like where this is going

I dont like where this is going i know he still kinda loves sue but he could never trust her again i say he should cut his loses and move on this new cheryl could be a good replacement i think,

PArebelPArebelalmost 19 years ago
Keep it coming

I disagree with those below who have problems with where you seem, to them, to be going. This was an excellent chapter. There are still a variety of ways you can take us.

Don't keep us waiting as long for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
great

in a very disturbing way this seems so real... no one can replace a memory... and if a cpl has problems and things happen that a cpl splits... you still cant just turn off that history ...life is never that simple and nice enought to put into categories ...i can see this as a very plausible feeling on his part and hers...still dont condone the cheating but revenge can affect maybe go to far sometimes because cant they be friends because of the memories keep it up curious2c thought provoking

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
LET IT GO AS GROWING PAINS…

Before I start let me clarify. There is a difference between a justified moral judgment (as in the case in this story –the terribly wrong acts of betrayal by the wife) and an effort to understand not justify

the possible background or typical motives as seen by similar couples. In my case I draw on my professional background.

We all keep growing and evolving through life and if we are wise we learn from our mistakes. Part of growing up is moving on in relations. The reality is that a particularly high percentage of the already high rate of the overall divorce rate is among those who marry young. Young married people make a lot of very bad mistakes in their first marriages, plus they each grow and change as individuals – and could grow apart.

At the time of her cheating the wife seems to be very immature and self centered as most cheaters turn out to be. Her Immaturity and selfishness did not allow her to connect her immediate sexual gratification with the potential real consequences to her relations with her husband or to imagine the emotional effect on him. For her, up to the point of the confrontation these were only abstract notions. Up to that point, She could compartmentalize (this is sex that is love), she could rationalize (he will never find out; what he does not know does not hurt him.)

In addition, she was too naïve to realize that there is an internal price to be paid for lying, even if no one catches you.

She did not see that sooner or later she will turn herself in by her own body language ; subtle behavioral changes and slip of tongue - all of which she may not be aware of. She totally set herself up for failure.

I believe that seeing her husband suffer so much did most likely shake her. Through her own

pain and sense of shame and loss she could have started to see things differently – not just as a manipulation or as a desperate effort to do damage control.

With all the pain she did benefit from the experience. As the expression goes, It could be concluded that:” She learned how to shave on his face” He paid the highest price. She and her future second husband will be the main beneficiaries from the painful lessons…

The husband on the other hand has a very good reason to be enraged. The ongoing lying is in my mind even worse than the sexual cheating. Lying is the worst emotional betrayal of intimacy. The lying could be active or by omission- it makes no difference. The fact that his wife could lie to him about such a major part of her and their life and the fact that she would have continued doing so without crushing under guilt shows how unready she was for mature marriage. Good instincts for the ex husband character. The whole area of lying is a separate yet totally unexplored issue in the story.

She has so much more work to do to get to the point where she starts seeing what allowed her to lie with no trouble for such along time. She is a work in progress. (Beginning stage)

As far as where the ex-husband character stands now. Please, do him (and us) a favor, did not he suffer enough? Let him come back from Alaska with the realization that his wife had made major mistakes and scarred him in the process. Yes he will always love her, and he is sure that she will not repeat the same mistakes. In time she will learn how to be a mature marriage material. But for him,

it is time to open a new page. As far as his own personal future, let him tell her enigmatically that he thinks that he found his future happiness in Alaska (we know with who)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Shitty

Your piss-poor attempt at writing an erotic story sucks.

gizzmo301gizzmo301almost 19 years ago
Next

Please kep it comming I am waiting for the ending .. well done!

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Meeting Cheryl

Meeting Cheryl may be the best thing since Nancy i believe Cheryl is good for John and not having any kids he can forget or try to live a better life i think John should move up there and leave everything like nancy and susan behind where all the anger and bad memories are .

Pat

Atlanta,Ga

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
This chapter was a pleasure ride

with nothing dramatic. I have also been wondering about the client who got a bit of her. She was all set to spread around the goodies until she got the wake-up call... This is almost

as bad as the lying in my book. I have to admit that I will not be very happy with reconciliation!

bigguy323bigguy323about 13 years ago
C2C keeps mentioning that his wife was "drugged". Maybe, but surely not for the whole time they were cheating.

The drugs may, just MAY have eased her into adultery, but once there, she loved it and continued ON HER OWN.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good points bigguy!

The drugs were a catalyst to what she really wanted to do - have an affair, and take advantage of her current sucker for the big meal ticket. Geez, what a brainless fucking slut. Unfortunately, a current author & story called "Shattered 2 by Azpiri" is most likely going to end up the same way. Shame!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
LET'S GIVE SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT

and use the results for a closure. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very good!

I do hope that Cheryl can open his eyes. He couldn't answer any of the questions she asked him about his wife and it really made him look dumb. Hopefully, that will be a wake up call that he needs to open his eyes and start using his brain a little. Good writing and good story! 5*

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
I remember this story and I remember how it ends.

I will skip to the last chapter and skim it. Fuck this wimp and fuck Sue, to (even though nothing was her fault, of course).

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

I guess the counselor he was previously seeing was a total hack.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 YOU CAN RUN...YOU CAN HIDE......BUT

the boogey-man will still be there, TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
I absolutely detest it when the author can't remember what they already told us

he tells Cheryl sue had been given a drug but he doesn't know what it was

but he is the one who told Sue that she had drugs in her system at the time of the accident and told her what they were.

He says sue was only drugged the first couple of times

and then tells of her still being drugged on the last time they were together, three months after they started.

The sting conducted by the police, as a favor to him, involved monitoring of the drug cocktail being given during the "date" with a complete analysis of the contents.

this sort of writing is sloppy, lazy, and off-putting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I like story but not sure about the standard of grammar. 4*

The husband speaks very ungrammatically, for example, using an adjective "bad"(used to modify nouns or pronouns) instead of an adverb "badly" (which answers 'how' about the verb) "She claimed that she was upset that she had hurt me so bad..." It should read: "She claimed that she was upset that she had hurt me so badly."

Numerous examples of this as I recollect. Not sure if only in the dialogue (which may mean it is the character, which is ok or in the narrative which means it is the author, which is not ok!)

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Good stuff

I love that you are addressing every question I have brought up.

I really want to know why Sue kept going back for more adulterous fucking with no damn guilt or remorse until her slutty ass was caught!

Great reading!

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
DEM of a convenient shrink

Still, I got to say, you sure can write. Wasted on loathsome wife and simpering hubby.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Good story. Cheryl is a pretty good shrink.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous