All Comments on 'The Art of Divorce'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 192 Comments
incestor007incestor007over 13 years ago
nice one..

why all women here are moron , wait because the women who cheat are moron, and here stories are about woman who cheats.

very good one.

iamanogreiamanogreover 13 years ago
Well done

I seem to enjoy the journey your stories reflect.

So..... well done travel agent. I look forward to the next trip.

Thank you for your efforts

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
kept me reading

pace, characters, plot, descriptions, story had all the elements, entertaining piece, worth a re-read soon, keep up the good work

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
This writer is improving

in leaps and bounds. I really enjoyed the story. My thoughts are that you give too much detail. It is written in the first person, by two different people, which I have always felt defeats the artistry as well as the difficulty of writing in the first person. It eliminates the need to find ways to show what other characters are thinking and what they are doing when the main character is not physically with the others. It will surprise few that my feeling is that less detail is better than too much. Many readers like to be spoon fed information. I like to draw it from dialogue and thoughts of the main character. We had pages showing us how the wife compared the old bastard unfavorably with her husband, but she kept on cheating. Her actions did not completely mesh with her thoughts. I did not need to read that Rafe was a great guy and a great lover. I could pick it all up from his thoughts and actions. Her thoughts were often redundant, and it lengthened the story, unnecessarily. This was good. Make no mistake about that!

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 13 years ago
Great!

This story made my day. I think that you and I could be friends. I have contributed several stories to this site under the names of spiderman1 and hawkeye007. I can only hope that anything I will write could be as good as this story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Not Bad

Liked this one, and its becoming more difficult to get into familiar plots. Your choice of settings and characters helped to draw me into finishing the story. It turned into a good read, aside from the wife's redundant reflections. And for once I almost agree with HVA's comment about use of the 1st person. For once, he's insightful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Total Bull SHIT

May this skanky whore bitch get AIDS and die--Also you are one sick writer.

JusttooldJusttooldover 13 years ago
Fantastic

Great story that leads you along on a line where you may know where it ends, but you just have to find out how it gets you there.

roadbirdroadbirdover 13 years ago
well lol finally

any more you have to look long n hard to find a truly good story...but a good n orginal story at the same time is truly great...this is one of those...your absolute best stang ...keep writing and maybe we can say later ...so far...god job my man good job roadbird

victoriangentvictoriangentover 13 years ago
WOW

Take heed ladies, when you sell your soul to the devil, there are no refunds.

You are a very exciting writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

i liked the story a lot :) Had to get a mustang in there somehow , didnt ya ?

RehnquistRehnquistover 13 years ago
Better and better

I agree with the writer above: Your stories keep getting better and better. Then again, I've never thought any of them were less than very good, so welcome to the hell of keeping up with the expectations we're all getting when we see your byline!

A few minor things. First, I recommend you pick up and read the book Eats Shoots & Leaves. You repeatedly misplace commas throughout the story, and it's sometimes disconcerting. Remember, placement of a comma can change the entire meaning of a sentence. Thus a panda "eats shoots and leaves" while an armed robber "eats, shoots and leaves."

Second, I partially agree with HDK. Either pick first person for one character throughout the story, or write from the third person with each scene told from only one character's point of view. Either is fine. First person makes it easier to tell the story from only one point of view and allows the readers to really get to know that person and his or her feelings about the other. Third person can be told, essentially, from multiple POVs because you don't need to limit yourself, as here, to just the married couple.

That all being said, I found the story an original take on an old theme. Raphe didn't have to get much revenge since totally blowing her off and cutting her out of his now successful life was enough. His success was thus as complete as her failure.

Well done and keep 'em coming!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
THE BEST STORY I HAVE EVER READ HERE AT LIT

the only thing close is some of the stuff Langhorn use to put out. WOW... I am stunned by the EXCEPTIONAL quality of this work.

This is exceptional writing... with a very powerful story... and the consistency of the characters is PERFECT.

I do NOT get fooled a lot but the angle of using the art show as a way of divorce and destroying Smith was wonderful and Original.

The whole ART thing was well UNIQUE in every way and the essence of the high end art world was well flawless.

I am truly stunned by the exceptional skill you have in every story you make.

There is a new bad boy on the LW block and his name STANGSTAR06.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I enjoyed it

I found it well written and very engaging. The end point of the journey was clear every step of the trip, but the trip was fun to take.

Once again proving that the best stories have no wimps in them!

One thing I wondered about was if you intended for the wife to get preggers from the dick head? The comment from her about getting bigger around the middle while getting the new dress made me wonder if she'd gotten knocked by the asshole? It would had to have been his since the husband had the brains and guts to pass on having anything more to do with skanky wife.

Again, I enjoyed it a lot. More please.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
This line was perfect

when you see stuff like this you know you are reading a masterpiece...

Kathy is home and she is trying to mainpulate Raphne back to her... and she is trying to cook a steak... in a 21st century Oven... which cause Kathy to say

" I felt like some kind of pioneer woman."

Thts is one delusional woman

SupaSallySupaSallyover 13 years ago
Great

Simply a great read.

I am fairly new here, but I thought the whole idea of the slow build to the climax of the art show was novel. I haven't seen it used before (and plenty of plot devices are repeated and repeated here). A very good plot.

The sad thing for the heroine(?) is that she has learned her lesson, but it is all too late.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 13 years ago
Hard Act to Follow

Good luck on following this story. It is very well done and for me the happy ending was like icing on the cake.

I'm looking forward to your next tale. Thanks for your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A Work of Art Itself!!

Five stars says it all, a tremendous story. Your best yet! Keep it up.

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
Joint property and income holds until AFTER the divorce is final.

"Raphe had filed for divorce as soon as he found out about Smith and me. That was long before I thought it was. As such I would not get a penny of his earnings tonight from the art auction."

She would get some of his income unless he diverted it until after the divorce.

katibkatibover 13 years ago
Unbelievable!

Where did writing of this quality come from? Two or three of the commentators have raised respectable points. I'd merely like to say that in a few places you've used the personal pronoun "I" instead of the grammatically correct "me." But that's a quibble. This story is a delight to read and can be regarded as literature.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Masterful

Truly a fine piece of work

Your work keeps getting better and better

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WOW!

I loved it, the best story I've read on Lit this year. <P>

J

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Excellent

Kathy was such a parody of a self absorbed woman that the story worked beautifully. She never broke character. It was both hilarious and tragic. She is constantly telling us how wonderful Raphe is as she continues to cheat on him but cannot begin to see how what she is doing is wrong. Totally self centered. Amanda and Raphe are meanwhile undergoing a happy love story. It's clear from the beginning that these two will end up together. But the journey is still funny with all the McClowny and Burger Queen nonsense and wonderful because of the clear respect and growing love that Amanda has for Raphe. This is in dramatic opposition to how Kathy views and treats him. Amanda sees Raphe as something priceless. Kathy sees him as a tool to be used to get things she wants. Even Kathy's "love" for Raphe is a manipulation. The writing in general is very good. There is a sense of prose that is often absent in 'amateur' efforts. It was just a fun story to read. Even as Kathy is screwing him over we can see his relationship with Amanda building. As Kathy is betraying him to get the good life we see him actually getting the best life. The divorces and other lawsuits were almost superfluous. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Love it

Kudos! great story. you deserve all the praises that the readers have given you. looking forward to your next story.

extemporeextemporeover 13 years ago
Just Outstanding!

You're getting better and better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Urrrrh!

I want to apologize for the "One" I accidentally scored this. It should have been a "Five".

I've read the comments up to this point. I must respectfully disagree with HDK about your using the POV for both characters. Normally, I'd agree, but you did a masterful job so it wasn't annoying as it often can be.

Since you set this as being in California, you should do a little checking so that your story rings true. You cannot file an alienation of affection suit there. Moreover, it is a no-fault state where by code Judges cannot take adultery into consideration for spousal support. There was no need for the private detective.

Also, you really cannot fight the divorce, only the division of community property. Once you are served, the process is immutable.

Lastly, can anyone find a successful instance where a company was sued for not enforcing its morality clause? I can't even find any law discussing such a suit.

I really liked your setup at the end.

To be a little contrary, has anyone noticed that Ralphe traded in one controlling wife for a smaller model? I hope that she never tires of him, as you often see with the "rich and powerful".

Thanks for writing!

Ttom

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I Only wish I could give it 6 stars

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing this story. One of the best I've ever read.

pokeyman52pokeyman52over 13 years ago
good one!

You get better with every story. Thanks it was fun to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

wowb

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I'll finish reading it

I got through part 2 skipped to the comments. I planned to pan it as too slow and too little going on. However, reading the rave comments, I guess I need to read the rest and not prejudge it.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 13 years ago
Clever Title; Good Story

Excellent and clever story. I really like the end, "As I said most of this really wasn't my fault. Was it?" Kathy never did get it, which is very realistic for a narcissistic person. Scary to agree with Harry, but SS06 is indeed a good writer.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Well done Sir

Very well written story. Very sad on the ex-wife's part. But she must have known that she couldn't carry on and not get caught.

Anyway thanks for writing about a husband that didn't stay in a marriage where the wife cheated. As you know I approve of such husbands. Oh and thank for your comment on my story. However I will say that your story is far better than mine.:)

Thanks for writing.

AW

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Great emotional content!

You completely describe the emotions that Raphe and Kathy are feeling. Everything is there, and it plays out well. Five Stars and Thank You!

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
Great and original story

Most superlatives have been justifiably used so I'll just add my 5-star kudos.

Well done and thanks.

A point for Katib - use of 'I' instead of ‘me’ is correct - as explained from a prominent university below -

“I or Me?

Another source of headache is the use of the subject pronoun "I" and the object pronoun "me."

Example: Jennifer and I are meeting in San Francisco in July. Why not Jennifer and me? Because "I" is part of the subject of the sentence.

Example: They gave the promotion to me. Why not I? Because "me" is the object of the sentence.”

‘Nuff said. Personally I don’t care as long as the story is worthwhile (and this one IS worthwhile in spades) but didn’t want such a great author saddled with an inaccurate grammatical summation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Dang!

This is a really good story. I think this site has found another excellent author. Actually, it isn't really good, it is excellent.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Holy Shit Batman

The detail was very, very good. Sometimes what you want is not always what you get. You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't always get the gold digging bitch out of the girl. She will have time to figure it out now. Two A plus stories in a row. The sun is shining and the birds are singing.....

Blue88Blue88over 13 years ago
Well Done

I would also like to add my kudos to the author for a interesting and well told story, so few of them now appearing on Literotica. I enjoyed the Art tie in - it was also interesting that Kathy actually never really learned from this experience. "As I said, most of this wasn't really my fault." Now that is a classic closing line.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
And

Fifty bucks for a shot of WD, you gotta love that.

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
One of the best that I've read so far..

here or anywhere. Thank you for a really fine story!

DrPlutonDrPlutonover 13 years ago
Your best so far!

I've read your other stories, but I love this one for the story and the emotion (or lack thereof) in your characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Outstanding!!!

I love the story. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Outstanding and the use of figurative language was premier!

Liked it! This should happen to all the self-centered sluts & males out there who shit on decent spouses. Imagine "shoe 14 the Idiot" as the Smith character and the slut as the nearly-famous Debbie from DQS's epic saga. What a pair of useless human DNA.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
THIS STORY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep writing...

jkneusjkneusover 13 years ago
Liked it, pretty good story

Someone made a comment about using the art show as a revenge device being original. Not sure I agree. I liked the idea and could see it coming about half way or so through the story, but isn't it just a different take on the Marriage Ceremony, "Now if all of the guests will look in the envelope under your seats ..." story? We see the cheaters hurt and humiliated; and in this case our hero rides into the sunset with the gal. Wish it really happened that way.

Mongo837Mongo837over 13 years ago
I am beyond impressed !!!!

I normally hate long stories , but when I started reading , It felt like I was watching a movie instead !!! I think this is one of the best , most well written submissions this site has had in years !!! You have well earned your place as a great . This story sucked you in and kept you hanging until the end . Almost makes the reader feel sad at the fact that they had to stop reading when the story was over . Well Done !!!!

5 stars are not enough .

Mongo837Mongo837over 13 years ago
Just to add

Every writer has their own style and that is what makes their work interesting to read . I hate to say it but , for now I think the others have their work cut out for them , as StangStar06 just raised the bar .

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
"Word Pictures" They're stuck in my head, like a catchy tune ......

SS06,

I see Manda, the Bouncer, hear the Mustang. I can't imagine what's her name, the ex wife, how stupid she is. I can see it though, how clear your word pictues made her.

Thanks for sharing your best yet, on Lit.

x

VulcezVulcezover 13 years ago
Brilliant story

Excellent work.

bakiffbakiffover 13 years ago
Very entertaining

Thank You for a truly sweet ride.

bobby9909bobby9909over 13 years ago
My Thoughts...

For the last few years I've been reading stories on Literotica, mostly in the Loving Wives category. During that time I've developed a list of authors that I keep an eye on. Sometimes it's difficult for me to find a good read... and I've developed a real sense of caution about reading "new" authors because the content of what quite a few authors consider proper for the Loving Wives category I think should more properly be filed under another name. Just sayin'... it's how I feel.

So one day last July I stumble across the person using the handle stangstar06. I decide to read and see what this new author is bringing... Try to imagine my surprise! Since that time I have anxiously awaited each new submission and read it the same day it's posted.

You have brought me much enjoyment with your talent, and with your look into the human condition. This story is one of, of not the, best you have offered here.

Thank you...

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
It was a great ride

Very nice work. Harry hit the critical tone demanded by the story. The author deserves very high praise and a long life!

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Way Over The Top!

Way Over The Top! Which is why I Loved IT! This story is also a work of art. I am surprised Amanda only bought him a Mustang when she could have gotten him a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or even a Viper. Ah well this is a work of fantasy and fiction, and an awesomely great read, thank you for writing.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Brilliant!

I enjoyed everything about the story. Including her last statement which shows she didn't learn anything.

Thank you.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
Despite having to swallow the extreme stupidity demanded of the main....

....characters it was a fun read but not your best. Good enough on most days though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Yes!

Yes Yes Yes

Thankyou

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Your best yet...

That was a great story. The only thing missing was any reaction to what he did to the car. As far as why he was rewarded with a Mustang, instead of the other cars, is right there in your handle, StangStar06. The car in everyone of your stories is a Mustang, because you are a Mustang lover yourself. Your stories are getting better and better. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice!

I love your stories. You actually seem to have a tale to tell!

But tell me something. When are you going to finish Sophia?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very Enjoyable

Never boring, thanks.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Great read

Thanks for a great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wow one of the best reads ever within this group

keep it up, this was one of the greatest stories to date that I've actually enjoy in this category.

more please

Risq_001Risq_001over 13 years ago
Personally...... (^_^)

I think this is the best story you've ever written, bar none!

If you can keep up this level of style, intrigue, and balance, mixed with making the reader first re-like one of the wronged main characters (Raphe) after making us dislike him (how he always gave into what ever his wife wanted), and then have the readers feel good about how his level of hard work and fidelity and love was now only wanted but "rewarded" by someone who knew how to appreciate them then you're unstoppable (^_^)

-Risq

PS: This is also one of the best "romance" stories to boot >=)

eliocecheteliocechetover 13 years ago
Really a great story

This is really a great story I've printed and will read many times in future.

Thanks very much.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
Just found this one

Good read, thanks for writing.

morris53morris53over 13 years ago
GREAT!

I have read soooooo many stories here. But this is by far the best. Keep up the great work!

calibeachgirlcalibeachgirlover 13 years ago
what you did to me tonight

you made me cry and brought closure to my own unhappy marriage. thank you so much.

BigK10BigK10over 13 years ago
Excellent!

Kathy is the Queen of Denial, as some spoiled 'prom queen' types are. Is there a way to vote a "7"? This one clearly deserves it.

Mandy01Mandy01about 13 years ago
I don't normally read long stories

I really don't have the time. For some stupid reason I didn't check to see how long this one was. By the time I got to the fourth page I was damn well hooked. Bugger you Stang, you got me good.

There was no way I was going to stop until I got to the end. I loved the romance and you even made the stupid wife seem not so evil...lol

Well done, praise to the master. 5 one the floor, can't say anymore.

Amanda

ginrunnerxginrunnerxabout 13 years ago
GREAT

Wish there was a way to give it more than a 5. As a writer i think that you did a fantastic job of letting us feel Raphe's pain and Amanda's compassion and Kathy's arrogance and her self centeredness ,again thanks for a great read and keep up the good work....

BH

demantoiddemantoidabout 13 years ago
"art for art's sake, money for god's sake"

Brilliant characterizations of all concerned...particularly Kathy. Her simplistic naiveté was so endearing. How do you keep creating such wonderful people StangStar? Such a fantastic treat to read your stories. I so appreciate your talents! Ah delicious!

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Loved it again for the first time

Need at least a couple of your stories each week LOL

GualterioGualterioabout 13 years ago
Truly Striking Characterizations

Excellent! I'm reading through your stories alphabetically. There are many great ones but I'm sure this will be one of my favorites. As I recall, the only story that left me a little bit cold was "Sundown", but even there your talent is obvious.

Thanks and please keep writing!!

retiredMarineretiredMarineabout 13 years ago
Second reading of this story...

but now I'm depressed! I've read ALL of your submissions (twice) and am rapidly sinking into a morass of despair. Nothing new in over a week!! Where is my valium?

Now that I have your attention...

fabulous renderings of emotion and redeeming endings.

Thank you Sir! May I please have another!?! (huge smile)

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
StangStar06

I tried to find away to give you a ten star, this was one of the best stories ever, Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

A little joke. Wasn`t her fault! Good one StangStar06. Every cheating slut should have their day!!

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
Stang is in the house

Again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
GREAT STORY!

This story is great, especially the character of Raphe. A good man who isn't a wimp or a hater, but a man who felt pain, did his best and moved on with life.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Unrealistic but otherwise well written.

However, instead of 5 stars I could only give it 3 stars because he should have been arrested for his felonies of damaging a car and assult and battery. The story would have been much better if he had not commited the felonies.

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
This was an early story

So I have a hard time critiquing it for the grammer. I've already discussed the stupid paragraph blocking, the awkward dialogue, and other failures ('Site' is a location, like a room or a webpage. Sight is a view. Just pointing out the incredibly obvious)

That said, I've read this twice. Plot is good, near a five. Grammar is at best a three.

Practice makes perfect.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
Jeeze -

First let's address mistaken comments -

Vandalism is not - in itself - a felony and since no one knew he did (or could prove it) or pressed charges - no harm no foul. There was no assault - Smith explained how he got hurt - no harm no foul. A punch in the face is simple assault in almost all states or simple battery in those that define the difference - a misdemeanor. Without someone to witness the crime and or press charges there is no crime to be help accountable for.

OK the story - great style and perspective, a lot of fun, totally plausible if a bit off the center line. the characters all exist most of us have met all of them at one time or another.

Only minor negative is it is another numb, self centered, completely self absorbed bimbo neglecting the good she has for the unknown and - in the end - unwanted.

Thank you for your work and letting us share in the fruits -

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
fun read

keep up

the good work

TY

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
fun read

keep up

the good work

TY

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
nice

keep it up

thanks 4 writing

TY

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
nice

keep it up

thanks 4 writing

TY

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
nice

keep it up

thanks 4 writing

TY

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good Story

A good story,interesting and well written. A little over the top at the end, but great justice.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatabout 12 years ago
Sweet !

I love it when the good folks win. Nice job on the writing too, by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
stonking

Fantastic story Stang. The best so far mate.

LostchanceLostchancealmost 12 years ago
Loved it...

Loved the contemplation at the end even when she still could not face or realize the fact that it was she who caused everything and no one else. As always great work and please continue.

breezer1breezer1almost 12 years ago
great

this is one of the best stories i have read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

exellent!!!

mochakinkmochakinkalmost 12 years ago
Ridiculously Amazing!

That about says it all.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Excellent tale. Well crafted.

Simply wonderful!

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 11 years ago
What a great concept

A tried and true story, it's true. However, the way it was repackaged was amazing. Great job, again, Stang! i look forward to your next masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
...good story, but....

Stang: You're a really good writer so please take the following as constructive criticism. The story was good until then end. Then it became just too much. Also, if you live in California you don't have to be an attorney to know that this state does not have an "alienation of affections" ground for a lawsuit and that we are a no fault divorce state -- you cannot file on grounds of adultery, only on irreconcilable differences. Why not have Rafe just let her down quietly and walk away? It would have made the whole thing more believeable. That having been said, it was a good story and your're a great writer. Thanks.

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsabout 11 years ago
Second Read

Was scrolling through the stories and ran onto this one and read it again. Dang, just like good Scotch your stories age well. I enjoyed it almost as well as the first time.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Poor Amanda; she hitched her wagon to the wrong pony

The story was absolutely thrilling. The characters were actually vivid and the God ones were really lovable even the bad ones weren't to over the top except for Smith. Amanda was simply mentally ill, yet Amanda was not that bad except she destroyed herself and her marriage. The poetry of the revenge was nothing short of fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Phil u moron the wife is Kathy

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
woops; okay Kathy

Well character names mixed up never mind?

Hethen129Hethen129over 10 years ago
I keep reading

I keep reading your stories and keep giving ya 5's

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 10 years ago
Unusual and Very Rewarding

Interestingly told by the different characters with much emotion and high style. 5*

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous