All Comments on 'The Assassin's Bride Ch. 02'

by Bellie444

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This girl

I admired her plan but I knew he knew. And I like that he knew it just goes to show how well he got to know her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More please!

I love it! The characterization is great, and she doesn’t come across as the typical girl you see in this genre. So great!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More please!

I hope they do really fall in love with each other lol I want a HEA for the two of them. Especially after what Eduardo did.

EGRIEGRIover 5 years ago
Well done Bellie444, I am on Carina's side and hope fro her happiness

A great chapter and I love Carina's strong personality. I want her to have an HEA ending. Looking forward to so much more about this "couple."

Bellie444Bellie444over 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks all

Will load ch3 soon :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yaassss

Can't wait for the next installment! I love all your stories.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 5 years ago
This just didn't play.

Carina didn't come across as clever or strong; she came across as defeated and weak. I actually went back to see if I missed the chapter where she had a mental struggle over the realities of her decision to fake things.There should have been some internal argument, or an unintentional physical clue that she didn't like what was happening to her, even if it appeared at first glance she was accepting it. Anger, tears, hopelessness, even complete dissociation would have played. But cheerfully succumbing to his advances, enjoying them without guilt and only regretting it afterwards is totally implausible. It's not so easy to fake love, especially when you're supposed to be repulsed by the idea of something. Because the first half didn't play, the second half, where she began to fight, didn't work either.

I like the storyline but right now, I don't like either of your lead characters, so I'm not invested in the outcome. Some minor tweaks when you edit could improve that. In the meantime, I'll read for another few chapters and hope the characters can hook me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So much better

While I still think you could do a better job at world building, this is hands down better than "The Ranch". I love that Michael is a dark Alpha male while still having genuine love for Corina and not just a possessive sexual obsession. I'm a little confused that a supposedly intelligent woman like Corina would love a cheating self-centered bastard like Eduardo. It makes her seem a bit shallow that perhaps she fell more for the lifestyle than the man. I'm definitely team Michael! I would let him cart me off to a tropical island any day! Sounds like they have danger ahead and that always seems to promote bonding.

WSM98WSM98over 1 year ago

Damn you and your cruel, creative need to end chapters in such a way that I have to convince myself that sleep is more important than clicking to the next chapter; that you have some sadistic, skillful urge to throw in new characters that immediately pique my interest and then leave me with confusion, knowing that I'll only relieve said confusion by reading more. Are you proud of yourself??

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBellie444@Bellie444
UPDATE: Hello readers, Announcing I am opening a Patreon profile. I’d like writing to become a bigger part of my life. If you want to support that, you can sign on and I’ll update here when it’s ready. I’m not removing my current works and any continuations to my existing Li...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES