All Comments on 'The Birthday Party'

by Exakta66

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Love for a parent

Being there with the cake was the greatest gift they could give his mother. Awesome story!

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 12 years ago
Just celebrated my Dad"s eighteth birthday...

And I am so fortunate that he is still with us. Great story.

nakdsubnakdsubover 12 years ago
Are you kidding me?

I know this was supposed to be a sweet, tear jerker of a piece, but you missed the boat, BIG TIME. Maybe I'm being over critical here because I've lost both my mom and dad, but here's a guy who lives only 45 minutes from his mother who lives alone, is abviously suffering from Alzheimer's, and all he can do for her is call her once in a while and come to see her once a year?

I won't even go on because I would have absolutely nothing good to say. Sorry.

OccamspiledriverOccamspiledriverover 12 years ago
Hits close to home

Thank you for your story it really hits close to home.

Despite what others may say 45 minutes away might as well be 45 hours sometimes when you have a family and life of your own making demands on your time. We all should try and make more times for our parents, just as we need to make more time for our kids, spouses and friends along with volunteer work.

It is often easier said than done. You do what you can but no matter how much time you give in the end you wil still feel it is not enough.

debbie2freedebbie2freeover 12 years ago
So sweet

I think this is sad yet sweet. I know how it can be hard to see family more so as they decline. I saw a few family members with this disorder and I also have a mother in law who worked a mile away from my house refuse to visit her grandkids and my spouse yet complain when we moved 900 miles away for a chance for home ownership . Loved the story brought a tear to my ear

MizTMizTover 12 years ago
Mixed Feelings

I understand that it would be hard to visit his mother to celebrate his deceased fathers birthday. But he should be visiting more often and is sounds like she needs more constant care than she is getting. And maybe this is just a story. It doesn't read like just a story. Maybe having lost me mother suddenly has made me overly sensitive but if this is anyway a true story, run to your mother. Make sure the last of her years are as happy as the ones she had w/your father. Don't let her be lonely anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What Happen To The Sex

i was thinking that you would have slipped a hard one to your mom.... Unlike other sites, most stories in here includes sex, if you want to write this fiction then go to the Hallmark site

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous