All Comments on 'The Cheating Zone 08: The Wish'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
An excellent addition to your Zone series!

saddletramp1956

I enjoyed this cleverly plotted gem from your Cheating Zone series. You managed to get outside of the box in terms of plotline. Nicely executed...keep writing!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Good

Another pretty good trip to the Cheating Zone. I enjoyed your story as you told it, but I did like Sandy better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Your best so far!

Hooboy, this story nailed it. Even though I kept thinking about Jimmy

Stewart. I didn't have any idea where it would end. You wrote very well, and the finish was spot on. The capper was the TV voiceover.

You captured the right amount of sweetness to go with the bitter, and wrapped it up in a way that was believable with the loose ends tied up. Masterful!

Yup, I liked it a whole lot, five stars worth. Maybe we need an asterisk for when the number of stars to be awarded exceeds the number available.

R..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well done.

You've done an excellent job of capturing the Twilight Zone vibe with these stories. :throws on 'Midnight Special' by CCR:

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

I think that was the best one yet!

Fulfilling her wish to have never married Manny was great, taking away everything that meant anything to her that she'd started taking for granted. The second wish fulfillment was funny too.

Christine learning from her mistakes and supporting her husband was a nice way to end it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing

Another great addition to the cheating zone series. Loved it

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago
Great

I love the cheating zone. Keep on writing.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 4 years ago
Awesome

Brilliant!

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 4 years ago
This isn't LIKE a scene from the Twilight Zone

It is a modified version of a Twilight Zone episode I saw in the 1960's. A woman's family is "erased" from her life one by one. I think because she isn't able to pay off a loan she had. First the family pets, then her kids, then her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"More childish idiocy" "From the childish idiot specialist"

Yet you keep reading them...

What a stupid comment! If you don't like someone's work, don't keep reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
a fun read. I like this series.

I was a bit surprised at how this turned out. In one way it could have been a great story for her as she got what she wanted (wish one) and she could have gone on being single and screw whomever she wanted. However, I thought she was going be happy to be single and care free but then find out Jake is an ass and used her and she eventually finds out from the girl meetings that they are all miserable and made up the happy stories and she is left alone with sucky dates and life.

Going by many of the other stories in the series I thought the ending would be she is eternally servicing big cocks in a never ending fuck fest.

Great twist that it is a dream but surprise ending that he for now keeps her.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Thoughts

I figured that just as she has HER regrets, he has his, and when she gets her wish to not have met Manny, he's going to have his outdoor adventures company.

The single girls may be enjoying the guys "fawning" over them, but most are looking for THEIR "Manny."

"she convinced herself that she deserved a little break from her humdrum married life." - Not to beat a dead horse, but how would she feel if MANNY took a "little break?"

Jake remembers her having a husband? I expected him to not remember Manny either.

Too bad her wish wasn't that they never MARRIED, then Manny could tell her how they decided not to get married when he refused to give up his dream of owning an outdoors adventure company.

Sandy was already pregnant her Junior year in college. Not saying it never happens, just feels a little odd.

Nice to have a happy ending here for once. Just one thing - does this mean that Sandy DID get killed in the avalanche?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@26thNC Re: Sandy

Except for her intelligence, was too much the big-boobed "second wife" for me.

SkyKing7SkyKing7over 4 years ago
Cool series with really neat plot lines

I really enjoyed this story. At first, it bothered me that she got to keep her “pleasant” memory of her affair with none of the “real” long term consequences. I realized she also got to keep her memory of him with his other wife and child and could appreciate the karmic balance in it all. Well done!

xtchrxtchrover 4 years ago
Creative and Original....Oh Boy!

What a creative and original story. The cheater got her wish. Thanks for a very entertaining story.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
Considered for your approval...

Nicely done. If only real cheaters had these thoughts before they fucked around and placed their proverbial dick in a blended with someone else's finger on the button.

My daughter's boyfriend's mother cheated and left her child and husband when the boy was a baby. The father raised him and now she is a mess. She wished her life had been different, but... she spent twenty two years jumping from cock to cock. Her son has no respect for her. My daughter met her a couple of times and said she looks older than she is and broken. She told my girl that she wished she could do it all over again and not have left her family. Too late now. THAT is reality for you cheaters to consider. Hey...but she got the cocks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sorry, but I would have liked

To see the story end after the coffee shop meeting. Now, another innocent has undeserved pain.

LownslowLownslowover 4 years ago

Just ignore the idiots. I love the cheating zone series that your doing. It's a novel approach to the loving wives genre keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Awesome!

You nailed it in this one. Really liked the story with the car accident twist at the end. Brilliant!

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineover 4 years ago
Thanks for a great read!

Went well with my ☕

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Nice.

Getting raped to death was too much but this was, overall, a nice zone tale.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 4 years ago
Straight out of Rod Serling

Great job. This would ha ve been given the Rod Serling Seal of Approval! I wonder what Hitchcock would say? :)

Best Regards,

C

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago
Tramp...

I have really enjoyed the journey in the zone so far but I have just one question.

They left the shop and walked down the block to a Starbucks where Sandy bought them a large cup of coffee.

Can they only afford one cup so it has to be shared?

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
The Family Man

Reminds me of the movie with Nicolas Cage and Tea Leoni. Well done 'be careful what you wish for' themed story. Thanks much

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 4 years ago
Excellent Story

This one could have served as the basis for a script for the original show with a little clean up. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nope

Physically cheating is simply the period at the end of a paragraph long run on sentence.

Intending to go thru with it is the last word, and even starting down the path is grounds for ending the relationship

I would have claimed we were christian scientists and refused all medical care for her

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice.

Loved it. 5*

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 4 years ago
Sad To See

While it wasn't my favorite saddletramp1956 story I enjoyed it.

The sad thing is these silly troll babies who anonymously post complaints about all of an author's stories. If you've hated the first three or four by an author, move on nitwit. Your complaints aren't going to change anything and it only makes you look stupid. But that's 'anon' for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

Lack of sex, of course, but it's a funny story.

I like it, thank you.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Me too. So far the best.

4-stars

(of course I’m comparing it to the likes of HKD and JPB, so it’s weighted pretty heavily).

StormKing33StormKing33over 4 years ago
5* Very Unique and Original, not the usual LW tired cliche

I enjoyed this very much! Write On!!!

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 4 years ago
A good one

Good story, well done.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
stopped her before she started

this one was pretty good

jneric2691jneric2691over 4 years ago
Loved your story

They're always interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
wish it ended with

next time..... on the cheating zone

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
Ah Yes!

What, it wasn't A true story? Hard to believe that. Okay, I did enjoy the Twilight Zone and you did a good job on that. I also enjoyed reading your story and judging by the smile on my face I have to give you high marks. Thanks for sharing.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 4 years ago
Thanks ST, well done, I enjoyed it. Nice application of the TZ style.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Zone

Love this series keep it going.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 4 years ago
Tough call on this one..............

What reality was real??? Apparently, it is the last one where she never did physically cheat on Manny. But the desire and want were there. Granted, that want and desire to cheat is probably dead forever, but what is the acceptable punishment for it.

Personally, I would haven't had ended the story this fast. I would have explored the ending more with Manny, Jake, and Christine. It's one thing for Manny and Jake to decide there will not be an affair but it is a decision that must be made by Christine. SHE needed to be the one to tell Jake NO it won't happen.

This is one of the better Twilight Zone Stories but with some more work, it could have been one of if not the best, to date.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 4 years ago
A great story ...

and a great series. Thank you. 5*

InsigniaInsigniaover 4 years ago
Great story

A lesson learned in the zone

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good One

Five stars for a very imaginative premise and execution of that premise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Pretty Good

That was pretty good. Perhaps the best yet in the series.

100 miles of D is bit off. Might say that about someone else, but surely not yourself.

Four stars.

frazodfrazodover 4 years ago
sbrooks103x

My goodness, way to destroy my happy feelings about the story. I truly hope Sandy didn't die and had a happy, fulfilling life.

Wow, way to bring me down.

I did enjoy this story.

penneydog55penneydog55over 4 years ago
Top Story!

I truly loved it !..I wish I had a second wish in life!...Thanks for sharing this Brilliant story with us! 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

Impo_64Impo_64over 4 years ago
Another good story...

Another good story from the twilight zone...This time with a happy ending...4*

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
THERE ARE LOTS OF SECOND CHANCES

that people didnt want, at least those with codicils and addendums TK U MLJ LV NV

RePhilRePhilover 4 years ago
Love the series

Great writing and perfectly paced. Thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Love it!

Wunderbar, weiter so! Dankeschön

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@frazod

Sorry, didn't mean to bring you down, saddened me also, but in the alternate reality Christine did say that in her original reality Sandy had died, so I was just concerned that now that we're back there, did that still happen.

Frankly, I hope that somehow she IS still alive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Its a wonderful life

Saddle Tramp style

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 4 years ago
Thanks!

Enjoyed the story a lot. Was a Twilight Zone/ It's a Wonderful Life mash! Thanks for the read!

Killian

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 4 years ago
Well worth a dip

I must admit, I really enjoy dipping into your CZ stories now and again. Just enough weirdness to make it interesting, and character portraits fleshed out just enough to make the reader care.

Well done, sir!

KRD19254KRD19254over 4 years ago

Now this 6* had shades of brilliance... Even a little Alfred Hitchcock could be found.

But was that the dramatic over-acting William Shatner playing Manny?

I can hear Rod's voice reading that last paragraph with the lit cigarette in his hand taking those last few steps to the camera. Hooyah, salute!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
@sbrooks

My take is that Sandy had to die for Manny and Christine to hook up. Given it's the cheating zone I can also accept that rather than things changing her and Jake were put in an alternate reality to see how things could be. Sandy survived and thrived there and Jake learnt his lesson too.

Unlike ST to drag them from under the bus, nice change up.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Among your best!

Great job fulfilling her hyperbolic wish, love how that was handled. It’s outlandish, but it worked well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really Good

Yes ! Be careful what you wish for, -- You Might Get It! Excellent imagination to produce this gem. Didn't she learn her lesson; a case of the grass being greener on the other side of the fence! Thank you. 5*s,

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

You have a heck of an imagination, Thanks for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I like it the subconscious mind in a coma knowing what she was going to was wrong this is the Twilight Zone

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The plot seems familiar

... much like “It’s a Wonderful Life.”

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 3 years ago

Well written story. Thanks.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 3 years ago
Good Idea For A Story

and you wrote it so well, Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great series but this installment should have ended with divorce since Manny knows she was in the wreck because she on her way to fuck another man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE LAST ANONYMOUS....................................

Walk away and consider her a dark period of time in life. She was a negative influence in his life and she's on the precipice of death due to her desire to take that to a new depth. She'd already shown so much disrespect and betrayal because she didn't just suddenly decide to fuck Jake, it was a conspiracy by them against an unsuspecting husband. I don't think I would have even been at the hospital after I had identified Jake for a later, private "talk" that would include speaking in Louisville slugger.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nope, no take backs. She had chosen to commit adultery. Just because she was prevented from doing so that time is irrelevant. Put an air bubble in her iv line. A dead mother is a better role model for the daughter than a cheating whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

pretty good one, tramp!

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Crazy good. Thanks .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The person I feel for is Sandy, having her dream life cut off by the avalanche. Christine is an affair waiting to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Different but great (jaybee186)

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 2 years ago

Wow, I just love that. Need more.

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg06almost 2 years ago

This could be one of the best yet

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Christine is a steaming pile of shit.

Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Two people do not have to stay married for a child to have both of his/her parents in its life.

Manny should have said

“Jake told me that you two have never had sex, but were planning to that night, and I believe him. I told him you were all his from now on because I am divorcing you.” With that Mani walked out of the hospital.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Forgiving a chest slut/whore makes you a wimpy cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hehe. That second wish backfired. To be clear a lot of her dialog that is so damning during the beginning is while she is in a medically induced coma. That being said, she fully planned to cheat with Jake. Forgivable? Maybe, depending on her actions. Reconcilable? That is tough without a lot of work and sacrifices. If he knew her thoughts about their daughter and him in her life at the start of the story when she talks to Jake? No freaking way. But again that was while in a medically induced coma.

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Dang, as a family we watched Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock and the Outer Limits, all as a weekly Family show. I think Outer Limits was the scariest though. Excellent story and worthy of 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thanks again ST!

Harvey8910Harvey89104 months ago

This was a great story. Imagine this happening. Christine got what she wished for in fucking Jake but then she wished she never met Manny but when that happened, she regretted it. When she was given a second chance, she treated Manny like she should and she resolved to be a better wife and mother and she would not cheat on Manny with Jake or any other man. Five stars for this story!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Lol.at the btbers. Yes she planned to have sex. No doubt she was intending to consummate her flirting, teasing relationship with Jake with adulterous sex. But the beginning of the first page where she has great sex, four orgasms, and says some disparaging things about Manny and Amanda including the "maybe" about giving him sloppy seconds or worse, was ALL in a medically induced coma, i.e. a deep, deep dream. The instant btb, "I am am not a cuck, hear me roar!" crowd, apparently missed the point of the story. Yes her mind entered the Cheating zone, but in her mind she worked out what she would lose and how hollow and crappy her life would be, but also how she had hurt Manny and kept him from his dreams. I am sure when she gets back home, they have a lot of counseling to do and work on their marriage. But grow up. A person with suicidal ideation who does not follow through with them, while suffering from a temporary (or permanent) mental problem, is not the same as the person who followed through and did actually jump off the building. Thr former is forgivable and possible reconcilable. The latter is just over. Nothing left except the sadness they leave behind.

MorbidromanticMorbidromantic2 months ago

It's very original and very well written, however it kind of depressed me. The woman who would have been the perfect wife during the whole marriage had died and the actual wife wasn't the "perfect wife" for 5 years. Death took away from him what would have been the ideal wife for him. A story too sad to my liking.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES