All Comments on 'The Club'

by Ahazura

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good

Like the rest of the stories in the invitational, this is well written. Some of your work is in my favorites. But this isn't going to be there. I'm just not caring about sharing.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
A Nice...

... mix of sad and sweet. Certainly not your run of the mill story.

Thanks for sharing your work!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
This is definitely a sharing is caring type story.

Well written and plotted. I enjoyed it.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

A touching story and I'm glad it ended up happily for all three of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Interesting

I love your work, especially your Warlock series, which I hope you get back to at one point. A thing I would like to point and see if anyone else has noticed it:is it intentional that your stories seem to be set in the same universe? It took me a couple read throughs of your various stories to notice them. Kudos to you. It is always fun to see characters from other stories make a cameo, as long as they don't take away from the main focus of the story!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Damn good story.

Good conveyance of mood and atmosphere.

Too bad brutal rape was part of the story.

Did the rape gang get justice?

Was the rape gang plot from another story?

The sex and romance part of this tale was extremely satisfying and didn't even make me uncomfortable.

Very good work.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Nit Pick

ANDREA wasn't alone for too long? She was the first to go!

AhazuraAhazuraover 5 years agoAuthor
Sbrooks

I meant alone in the afterlife lol guess I should have cleared that up. Dan has a romantic streak and thinks that his wife is waiting for them to start the next journey.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Excellent story

Saw the ending early in the story but the twists and turns were credible and well paced. Five star story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved your story,better and different than the usual on this site.

The epilogue seemed rushed. But the story line was different and worked well. So she gave birth two to kids and they all shared. Lived happily ever after. Lucky guy the way you wrote it .this would not work for the rest of us married folks. Or maybe for the Mormans in Utah who have mutiple partners. But in this story it makes sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
There were two questions I found interesting

In the beginning the correct answer is "godless heathens". Something about lack of self-control, low self-worth, bad judgement and then, the ever popular, dumb as stumps, all come to mind. In the middle, during Nicole's first time at the club you suggested she had two choices - "cry or make the best of it". How about she simply dresses and leaves her husband there? Goes home, packs her things, moves out and files for a divorce. Maybe exposes the entire "Club" to the police? There are always choice to be bad. These characters made bad ones.

2 stars

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 5 years ago
Disappointed in the ending

That ended on such a bummer.

Why set it back in the seventies. Doesn’t seem that appropriate. The sex clubs, the covering up of the gang rapes by the BB players, the huge financial payouts. At all seems to be much more relevant to today.

5 stars all the way though because of all the love even though it was a little repetitive to keep hearing about his degrees.

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 5 years ago
Very interesting

.... and different, I gave a good score. I think I could have done with more of the aftermath of them getting together, but I get why he foreshortened that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

4 stars for jumping to the pat ending, but credit for sticking to the spirit of the theme of the “Sharing is Caring “ assignment. I haven’t finished all the stories, yet, but I still haven’t read a clear “sharing wife with another guy with positive outcomes” story.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Dude, to quote the great American performer Humpty (Shok G). You're sick, straight Gansta Mac!!!

Creative, tight, fun, and happy. El Cinco!!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Wow

Did not expect to enjoy that. But I did. A lot

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Anon 12/8

Why would the police care?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks

Liked it, thank you. Water Nymphs pt 2?

Dawn191270Dawn191270over 5 years ago
well done was superb

I was surprised that I enjoyed this . I liked it was a strong relationship . I even felt so sad .. Thank you so much

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60over 5 years ago
Well done

I enjoyed the quality of your writing as well as the pacing

It was a nice little read. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks for the effort.

2nd wife having babies has already been done better. Read like a story you wanted told but didn't really have the time or enthusiasm to tell it. Most of the interactions you summarized or reported rather than portrayed. I think the plot was too big and complex for the story you decided to tell. Just a lot of questions and details left hanging or unaddressed. Anyway, . . .

thanks for the effort.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 5 years ago
Wonderful story, nice development

I like the number of sub-plots you worked into the story. I loved the character development which you presented to us in bite-sized pieces.

The ending was a bit... shocking, stunning, even startling. Jumping ahead 35+ years to their deaths was a bit of a knife hand to the throat, but it does show a long-term loving relationship amongst the threesome. It's healthy but only for the open-minded.

RanDog025RanDog025over 4 years ago
A GOOD, SOLID 5 STAR STORY!

I CONSIDER YOU TO BE A PRETTY GOOD AUTHOR. CONSIDERING HAVING BEEN CHIEF EDITOR FOR TWELVE YEARS MY ONLY COMPLAINT OF ANY KIND IS THE DEATH IN YOUR STORIES. GOD, I'VE SEEN SO MUCH DEATH IN MY LIFETIME, CONSIDERING MY MILITARY BACKGROUND AND AS MUCH IN FAMILY LIFE. THANK YOU Ahazura FOR ALL YOUR SHORT STORIES!

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
Good story, unique plot but......

I could have really done without the last paragraph talking about their deaths. I don't believe it added to the story but it did take away from it in a bummed out sort of way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Life

I don't like death in the stories when it is done to people out of revenge, criminally or not to round out the story. Here though it's comforting, natural and a kind end for two abused women and the man who loved them.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Different... and very good

Liked this.

An alternate view on LW stories and positive relationships.

Really appreciate the different viewpoints

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Holier Than Thou

There is a really arrogant tone in this author's work that raised my shackles. More than once he touts his Masters degree in Psychology - very unnecessarily. In fact, with a complete absence of any real "psychology" other than the usual pop psychology drivel justifying "modern" marriage concepts such as swinging and consensual cheating, there really was no need to bring up the educational "qualifications" other than for a smug superiority by the author over the rest of the world.

Finally, the "death" and self-eulogy again smacks of smugness and was entirely superfluous to the story and wholly unnecessary.

Not only disappointing but outright insulting.

matuateneiramatuateneiraover 3 years ago
Great story; unique, credible, and absorbing

All the main characters were well developed as warm and believable people. The whole story line was unique and totally plausible. Well done. 5*

bobareenobobareenoover 3 years ago

Just added Azahura as a favorite author. I am not fond of swinger stories, so to read this and enjoy it was a pleasant surprise, and it tells me how skilled the author was.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Few

One of the very few Ahazura stories not in my favorites. Just don't do sharing.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesalmost 3 years ago

Threesome stories with a "happy" ending can work for a stroke story, but makes for an unsatisfying romantic drama. Extend a love story beyond two, and the dramatic energy dissipates.

AethurAethuralmost 2 years ago

While I am definitely not big on swinging or sharing stories, I have to admit that I liked this one. This is probably one of the few reasons where that type of relationship makes sense, though I doubt it would work in real life.

5*

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

I don't share but I guess it worked in this story. Good story, shitty ending talking about death from cancer and was not having treatment. The end where he is talking about saying his goodbyes at Christmas, but he wouldn't make it to New Year's all sounded a little like he was talking suicide. That is a big turn off. 4-stars for what could have been a 5 with a little polish by a proofreader.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the few sharing stories i could actually enjoy reading. Most churn my stomach and I generally avoid. But this author is very good.

goodshoes2goodshoes211 months ago

5 stars. BUT---Heavy! Phew. Makes me happy for them, but damn sad at the same time. I know it is only a story, BUT????

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Insane godless heathens. Perfect example of “If you’re a little bit nuts you go to therapy. If you’re batshit crazy, you become a therapist!”

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

One of the few sharing stories that I can see actually working out. Poor Andrea. She went through hell. Would have loved to see the romance detailed more between Andrea and the MC. Glad Nicole found happiness too. Usually I don't see poly relationships as viable.long term (statistics suggest stable poly arrangements are uncommon) but this one made sense. MC couldn't provide one thing that Andrea needed, which was to dip into lesbian sexuality which had been forced on her via her horrible experience. That Rape Brigade needed to be put down. Period.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous