The Council Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He was at her side in an instant, picking her up and crushing her tightly against him. "I won't, Ash," he groaned stroking her hair gently. "I was trying to do the right thing but I find I'm too selfish to follow it through. You would be better with the pack, possibly safer even, but I don't want to come home and find the house empty of you. I'd miss you too much if you left."

He brushed his lips gently over her hair, giving in to the need to do so, to try and comfort her. "I'm sorry I hurt you, little wolf. I swear I won't do so again. Please forgive me."

Ashleigh buried her head in his chest, her wolf settling down now their mate was no longer rejecting them. Nors sounded very sad, very sincere in his apology. He had always looked after her, always been there for her. She had to believe that he meant what he said. She didn't want to be apart from him ever.

"Can we go home now, Nors?" she mumbled into his chest, echoing the question he had asked not so long ago.

Nors let out a huge sigh of relief, kissing the top of her head gently once more. "Yes, my Ashleigh," he breathed softly striding quickly through the trees back towards the car. "My home will always be your home, little wolf, for as long as you want it to be," he said quietly cradling her close to his chest.

*****

Cedar climbed back inside the car with a disgruntled expression on her face. "Where the hell are they?" she grumbled irritably. She couldn't believe they'd driven all the way to Nors' house only to find it empty. She had things she wanted to do tonight, things that didn't include sitting outside a dark house waiting for the occupants to return home.

"We can always come back tomorrow," Alexei suggested, a hopeful note in his voice. If she said yes then he could go back to her house and roll around naked in bed with her all night. His body hardened at the thought and a wicked smile crossed his face. He still needed to pay her back for the earlier teasing of him, for having to seek her permission to enter the compound. He was sure he could drag some wonderful begging from her sweet lips as he played with her. That would assuage his wounded ego very nicely.

"Alpha's orders," she sighed regretfully. "Ashleigh's been through a lot the last year. It's important to make sure she's okay. She's pack whether or not she lives here with Nors. I'm responsible for her as her Beta as well as her friend."

Alexei sighed too and leaned back in his seat. Cedar's pack duties irritated him immensely because they interfered with the time he got to spend with her, and yet, he could understand that she had those responsibilities because he had his own that he needed to take care of.

He felt a deep pride too that she was so diligent in her role as Beta, so strong and reliable. Her strength was one of the things he admired most about her. Along with all the other wonderful attributes she had which were many. She was beautiful, intelligent, feisty, incredibly sensual and very strong willed. All the perfect ingredients for the woman who would appeal to him.

"I know how we can pass some time," he said silkily, reaching over to flip the handle that lowered her seat back. She gave a startled squeak as it fell back abruptly and she found him half pressed over her, his mouth searching for hers and finding it unerringly.

She considered fighting him but it lasted for only a fraction of a second before she opened her lips and let his tongue slide deep inside. Kissing Alexei always took her breath away. He was the most amazing kisser and appeared to really enjoy doing so from the amount of time she had his lips attached to hers. Not that she was complaining. She rumbled her approval and wrapped her arms around his neck as her tongue mated erotically with his, desire flooding her body instantly.

He groaned in response, his hand moving to caress her breasts through her silk blouse before moving swiftly downwards to slide under her short skirt. His groan deepened when he felt the lace top of her stockings and then the soft bare skin of her upper thighs. Her penchant for lingerie always made his cock swell that little bit harder.

He broke their kiss, looking down as he tugged her skirt up over her hips so he could admire body, his breathing already harsh and ragged. He stroked the soft silk of her stockings before lightly teasing her skin, growling as her thighs trembled under his touch. "You're so beautiful," he whispered huskily. "So sensual and wanton."

His hand trailed up to the lace of her panties, a wicked smile crossing his beautiful face as he felt her already wet and willing for his touch. She always was, her lust for him matching his perfectly. The sweet scent of her arousal filled the car along with her own heady scent of lemongrass. He wanted to lower his head between her legs and taste her but it was awkward in the cramped environment.

He pressed aside the lace of her panties and sank three thick fingers into her wet body with little warning. His nostril flared and he growled loudly as she cried out and her hips rose to meet his invading fingers. He scythed slowly in and out of her hot body, his eyes intent on his fingers disappearing inside her.

Cedar felt as if she was ready to come apart at his first thrust into her body. The fire Alexei could so easily set alight within her took her breath away and left her a quivering wreck. Despite their game playing she was under no illusions that she was putty against the assault of his hands, his mouth and his incredible body.

Hell, all he had to do was glance at her in a certain way and she was ready to surrender to him. It was almost embarrassing how easily she caved in to him. It was only the fact that he was just as helpless against her that didn't lead him to declare himself the outright winner of their game. Her touch brought him just as easily to his knees as his did to her.

She moaned loudly and pressed herself onto his fingers, her breath coming out in short hard pants as he ruthlessly stroked her body towards her release. His head was bent, intent on watching the havoc he was wreaking on her body and she knew how much he enjoyed being in control of her pleasure. It called to his need to be dominant but she suspected that he took so much more satisfaction at knowing he was pleasuring her than he would ever admit to himself.

Cedar's sweet moans called to Alexei, making his cock throb painfully hard in his jeans as he used his fingers to pleasure his wolf. The soft walls of her tight tunnel clamped hard around his digits as he stroked them firmly searching for and finding her sweet spot. He carefully lengthened a talon just a little, ensuring it wouldn't hurt her. He stroked against her sweet spot and her next hoarse cry filled the car loudly.

Her thighs trembled hard as he stroked her again with his next hard thrust into her wet hole, her juices flooded his hand as he pumped relentlessly into her. Her breath was harsh and ragged, her hips flexing hard against him. It vaguely crossed his mind that he had been plotting to tease her until she begged for her release but she looked so sexy, so delicious as she rode his fingers hard that all thoughts left his head apart from wanting to watch her come apart for him.

He increased the speed of his fingers, stroked harder against her sweet spot as he brought his mouth back to hers and lightly rubbed his lips against her. "That's it, sweet wolf," he growled against her mouth. "Ride my fingers. Cum hard for me."

Her cries reached fever pitch as she bucked wildly against his hand. His breath hissed out sharply as she stiffened with a loud, lusty wail, ecstasy dancing across her gorgeous face as she shattered on his fingers, her body straining and trembling with the intensity of her climax.

"So beautiful," he groaned hoarsely as he kept his fingers dancing inside her body for a few moments longer, prolonging her pleasure for as long as possible. He pulled his fingers from her and licked them slowly, savouring the taste of her sweet essence. There was always more than one way to taste her. He smiled his pleasure as he cleaned his hand leisurely, luxuriating in her flavour and the scent of her release pervading the car. His wolf truly was intoxicating.

Cedar took long shuddering breaths as she tried to get her heart rate back down to normal. Her eyes opened and she watched Alexei enjoying the taste of her body. The sight made her heart thump even harder than it already was and she stifled down a deep groan. She wanted to jump on him, feel his cock sliding deep within her but she was conscious of the fact they were in a car in the middle of a vampire's driveway. It was not the most prudent of places to satisfy themselves.

"You are so bad," she said huskily, pulling his mouth to hers so she could kiss him deeply, tasting herself on his lips. He laughed lightly, his tongue tracing her bottom lip slowly.

"I'm also horny as hell," he admitted ruefully pressing his aching body against her, a throaty moan escaping him as the soft curve of her hip teased his cock mercilessly. He wanted her so much it was all he could do not to release himself and try and figure out a way they could continue within the cramped confines of the car.

She laughed too, pushing at his chest so she could right her seat and her clothing. "You should have thought of that before you decided to abuse me," she countered as she laughed. "I'm way too old to be having sex in a car, Alexei. You're going to have to wait until we get home."

He snorted loudly and rolled his eyes. "Typical," he grumbled but his eyes were glinting with amusement. "Woman gets what she wants and the man gets told no!"

He gave her a hard kiss and sat back in his seat, carefully rearranging his stiff cock into a more comfortable position. Being told no was not something he was accustomed to but he wasn't particularly put out by it. Watching his Cedar achieve her pleasure was enough for him for the moment. He could indulge himself later when they had more time and more privacy.

The headlights of a car pulling into the driveway put paid to anything else happening anyway. Nors and Ashleigh were home.

Nors stifled down an irritated growl when he saw the car in his driveway. His self control was tested even further when the door opened and Alexei Romanov stepped out. His eyes automatically shifted to Ashleigh as he scented the sharp acrid scent of fear begin to invade the car.

He had carefully kept all vampires away from his house since she had come to live with him. The only vampires apart from himself who Ashleigh had come in contact with since the war were Caleb and Annie. She didn't view them as a threat the way she did every other vampire.

He hadn't even let Freya visit when she arrived back from Japan a couple of days ago. His sister was pretty volatile at the best of times and wasn't happy at hearing he had a wolf living with him. He didn't want Ashleigh subjected to Freya until she was able to handle the level of animosity his sister would most likely display towards her.

Now Alexei Romanov was on his property and his wolf was starting to shiver in fear and Nors felt a deep murderous rage overcome him. He could quite easily kill Alexei at the moment. The only thing stopping him was the fact it would scar Ashleigh too much to see him rip the other vampire to shreds.

"Stay in the car while I deal with this," he said quietly, moving to get out and confront Alexei.

A startled exclamation escaped Ashleigh's lips as he looked at her and then her face broke into a wide smile and her fear scent vanished immediately. "Cedar," she cried excitedly, quickly undoing her seatbelt and flying out of the car towards the tall, blonde Were who had exited the other car after Alexei.

Nors blinked slowly and counted to ten before he too alighted from the vehicle and walked over to the couple who were waiting for them.

Cedar took one look at Ashleigh's state of undress and shook her head with a fond smile crossing her face. She braced for the other woman's exuberant hug and returned it with as much feeling. "I see you're still shifting without undressing first," she remarked dryly.

Ashleigh laughed, a rueful expression on her face as she stepped back. "Nors annoyed me and I let my wolf have control," she answered dismissively as if it were a normal occurrence. "It's been so long since I've seen you, Cedar. Where have you been? You weren't at the compound the last couple of times I was there."

"I've missed you too," Cedar laughed softly, touching her cheek gently, her eyes quickly taking in how much better Ashleigh appeared to be, how much more at ease with life she was.

The relief she felt was overwhelming. The entire pack had been so worried about her. It was hard not to feel over protective of Ashleigh after all she had been through and Cedar had a particular soft spot for the younger woman. Living with Nors obviously had been the best thing for her despite the rather unorthodox decision at the time.

"Ash, I'd like you to meet Alexei Romanov," Cedar said quietly, knowing she was still skittish around other vampires and wanting to let her know that she was safe with Alexei, that he could be trusted. "My mate," she tagged on watching shock ripple across the other woman's face.

Ashleigh stared at Cedar silently for a long moment, stunned at her announcement. She was openly claiming a vampire as her mate and he was letting her? She turned her gaze to the tall vampire at their side, the one who had terrified her only seconds before.

He was beautiful in the usual inhuman fashion of a vampire. Not as beautiful as Nors but she could see why Cedar would find him attractive. He was really her mate? He wasn't denying Cedar's words, in fact he had a rather resigned expression on his face which made him look a little less scary than before.

His brown eyes watched her intently for a long, silent moment and then he smiled. "Hello, Ashleigh," he said gently. "I'm sorry if my presence here upsets you. I mean you no harm."

He could see the hint of fear in her eyes, knew the story of what she had been through. Cedar would want him to reassure the girl and he actually found that he wanted to as well. She was a pretty woman who appeared to be just coming out of a nightmare that he probably would never be able to comprehend himself.

He could also sense Nors' tension as he stood close to Ashleigh, his eyes boring into him. The other vampire was clearly displaying protective tendencies towards the young wolf which had his mind working overtime. It appeared they were correct in their assumption that Nors was interested in Ashleigh.

Nors couldn't work out how to react to the presence of the other couple. He wanted to get Ashleigh inside the house and away from Alexei, to make sure she was okay and not frightened. And yet, his wolf was happy to see Cedar, very happy in fact, so he didn't want to send them away and disappoint her again so soon after their disagreement.

Alexei wasn't behaving as he expected him to either. Cedar had calmly announced they were mates as if it was normal and the vampire was allowing her to do so without an argument. He was also being very gentle with Ashleigh. Alexei Romanov being gentle? That was a complete oxymoron!

"Pleased to meet you, Alexei," he heard Ashleigh answer quietly, her tone sounding firm and confident and he stifled down a sigh of relief. At least she wasn't afraid of the other vampire anymore. Cedar's claiming of him as her mate obviously held great importance to his wolf.

He nodded slowly to Cedar and Alexei and placed a hand lightly against the small of Ashleigh's back to shepherd her towards the front door. "Clothes," he growled softly not liking her state of undress in front of the other man. She was perfectly decent in his shirt but still, he wanted her to be properly dressed. He heard the other couple follow behind and resigned himself to the fact that they would be coming in whether he liked it or not.

His mind whirled at Cedar's statement. He hadn't known who the wolf was that had claimed Alexei. Caleb hadn't mentioned any names, just said the twins were messing with a couple of the wolves from the Hanlon pack. If he'd taken a moment to think about it he probably would have guessed it was either Cedar or Loretta. They were two of the more feisty females of the pack, the two most likely to attract the roving eyes of the Romanovs.

If Cedar had chosen Alexei did that mean Loretta was the one who had set her sights on Andrei? She would have a tough time taming him if she had. He was very volatile. But then so was Alexei and Cedar appeared to have lured him in pretty quickly.

The other burning thought in his mind was what this meant for him and Ashleigh. If Andrei allowed himself to be bitten by a wolf and he was a Council member, then would it really make any more of a difference if he let Ashleigh claim him? That was if she wanted to claim him in the first place which he was starting to fervently hope for the more he thought about it.

Nors held his silence as they entered the house. Ashleigh immediately hurried upstairs to change, Cedar close at her heels which left him alone with Alexei. He knew Ashleigh would be hungry and claim the kitchen when she came back down so he turned towards his downstairs study.

"This way," he said to Alexei heading into the room and leaving the other man to close the door quietly behind them. His study was more of a library, with large bookshelves filling one wall, a couple of large leather chairs beside an open fire, as well as a sofa against one wall and a desk and chair against another. He chose to sit in one of the armchairs, gesturing for Alexei to sit in the other.

Alexei watched Nors closely. He didn't really know the Ancient that well so he was on his guard around him. It seemed prudent to be so. Nors didn't look particularly annoyed anymore, not as he had first appeared to be outside. Probably he had handled his meeting with Ashleigh to the Ancient's satisfaction.

Nors watched the other vampire just as intently, meeting his gaze and holding it easily. It wasn't hard to guess why he was here, not after what had happened at the Council ceremony. Andrei had sent his brother to check up on the status of his and Ashleigh's relationship.

He almost snorted a laugh. The Romanovs wanted to know what his relationship was with his wolf? Perhaps they could tell him what it was because he had no idea himself. He wanted Ashleigh so badly it ached to be denied her. He knew he was in love with her and had been for what felt like forever, almost from the very first moment he had laid eyes on her. But was he her mate? Was that what she wanted from him? He would have no clue until he talked with her about it.

He was also conscious of the fact that the man before him held more knowledge of what it meant to be attracted to and even mated to a wolf than any other of their kind. Alexei was here to find out information from him. Perhaps he could also increase his own knowledge by picking the other vampire's brain. It galled him that he might have to rely on one of the Romanovs for something but his wolf was worth the irritation.

"Let me guess, your brother sent you?" Nors finally said after a lengthy pause as they sized each other up.

Alexei grinned slightly and nodded his head. "As Jared sent Cedar," he answered coolly. "It would appear we all had the same sudden need to find out just what the situation was here between you and Ashleigh." He saw little point in subterfuge. The Ancient was way too intelligent to fall for any half truths.

He knew Nors didn't like him or Andrei and he didn't particularly care one way or the other. He knew of very few people who did actually like him. The ones that did were the only important people in his life and that was all that mattered to him.