All Comments on 'The Council Ch. 18'

by JazCullen

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
mokkelkemokkelkeover 13 years ago

what a joy and caleb and demetri and the others. it's falling into place now!!

i'll be a sad puppy when this ride is over, for now!

donaldedonaldeover 13 years ago
loved it

i loved this chapter but what is going on with Celeb i hope we find out in the next chapter you just love your lil cliff hangers don't you love the new council with Mara and Emily on it

feelinromanticfeelinromanticover 13 years ago
oh my!

I thought you'd be slowing things down now that you're reaching the end of this story, but there's obviously so much more to read - I cant wait! ;oD

I hope that we'll hear more of stephen and emily too, there's a lot of potential humour there. And, as i seem to be putting out a wishlist, could there be someone out there for Freya too?

Thanks for another super chapter

lostchickenlostchickenover 13 years ago
Just a few words...

"He just wanted to go home..."

There is something so magical about that line. Even though it is a simply phrase, commonly used, the emotions it stirs is incredible. Poor exhausted Caleb just wanted to go home and be with the one he loves. All of this has been because of that and I think you portrayed well. I just wanted to go home with him at that point and give him a big hug.

Gotta love Mara on the Council, I kinda felt she suited that role more than Annie simply because of her inner strength/piranha nature. Annie, although a strong beautiful woman, would struggle with some of the feral elements that are needed.

And finally, Caleb's feral nature - for someone who is supposed to be 'retiring' for awhile, you sure love to give us little mysteries that peak our interest and imagination... a glutton for punishment maybe?

All and all, this was worth the late night wait with you, Don & Mo. Now I can go to sleep and think of interesting theories about the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Foreshadowing????

I wonder what Annie felt from Caleb in the Council chamber. Somehow I have a feeling that the vampire world is really in for a surprise!

willieonewillieoneover 13 years ago
Ahh Jeez Jaz!!

You had to leave it on a cliff hanger didn't you!

(He needed this time with his precious Annie, because he didn't know just what the future would hold for them when the truth came out.)

WTF don't even go there no more trouble in their paradice please!

Loved this chapter btw the meeting at Caleb's house was fantastic I love the Armand Hanlon Pack how could they not want to protect their new pack most of the members were are as close as family before they became a pack.

zooey4luvzooey4luvover 13 years ago
Ahhhhhhh!

Another cliffhanger....seriously...are you trying to kill me! I'm actually sort of looking forward to the break your forcing upon us, if only because I'll finally be able to get some sleep! With all these fabulous cliffhangers my brain just won't shut down after I read them, its always ticking away with thoughts, hopes and worries about what's going to happen next.

BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT... I know there I go again but I don't care, it is BRILLIANT and the world should know it. Readers should be warned that when they start this series they won't be able to stop (not that they'll want to - I know I don't) and they'll come to realise its not just this series but the entire body of work of the most BRILLIANT writer to grace the metaphorical pages of this site!

As usual I can't wait for the next and unfortunately last chapter of this beautiful and heartwarming tale, keep up the great work and try to keep the well deserved break to a minimum.

So...now that I think I've sufficently praised and complimented you for the night I'm going to try and get some sleep for as usual your stories keep me up way past a respectable hour (if not the actual reading of the chapter then the contemplating that is required afterwards) as it is about 1am here in Sydney. On the plus side I do always dream of your characters and the lives you have woven for them.

Signing out (for tonight at least), your eternal groupie

Zooey :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
cliff hanger ?

oh man if we weren't hooked befor we are now . i hope you don't make us wait to long . but what an opening of possibilities. keep up the good work.

KatLadyKatLadyover 13 years ago
There's something about Annie . . .

I knewt it! I knew there was something special about Annie. I'm thinking she's mixed with something else Other World and if she is, Rafe must be as well unless it happened after the Change. Whatever it is, it's gonna be interesting.

Rather high-handed of Caleb to play judge, jury and potential executioner at the Council meeting but if it will prevent open conflict between the Weres and Vamps, I'm on his side. I thought it bloody brilliant of him to add Younglings to the Council. I can't wait to see what happens.

Leave it to MEJ to end the story with a bang and then torture us with months, or at least a month, of inactivity but hey, she deserves this break.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
again!!!!! argghh!!!!!

good that some things never change.. jaz n her cliffhangers! hehe.. amazing chapters

love the series please continue!! m sure everyone would agree with me..

in an awe :)

take care

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 13 years ago
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

It would have been perfect if Annie hadn't asked that question! We were all thinking it but did she have to ask? Now I want an answer. Why? Why, why, why, why, why? Are we going to find out in the next chapter or are we going to have to wait until the next story? I hope we find out soon. I want to know nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Ok, this chapter was great, but I'm seriously two years old and can only focus on the cliffhanger. Looking forward to the next chapter!

bulltlrbulltlrover 13 years ago
words escape me....

Looks like I'm going to end up doing that Irish Jig after all.... Just wondering how long I have to perfect it!

@ first I thought Caleb was saying he'd end up having to let Annie go or some such nonsense... BUT... I agree with Katlady.... Annie and her brother are special.. Just how special is the question!!

You never cease to AMAZE Jaz and just when we start a wind down you go and throw another kink into the mix....

TemptressZeeTemptressZeeover 13 years ago
Wow!!

What a way to leave me hanging! lol I think Caleb IS a vampire king!! Awesome, awesome, awesome writing~ Thank you :)

Zee~

lilwolfspiritlilwolfspiritover 13 years ago
Intriguing!!!

What i find Intriguing is how You ended this particular chapter, and how Caleb seemed to be unable or unwilling to discuss it at this time with Anne, i was surprise like she was He didn't put her on the council, though i do think Mara and Emily will do a smashing job, maybe it is because Caleb knew what a big task it will be for the newly formed council to get its bearings and testing each other strengths and such.

It might also be that Anne's place might be on the Were council instead of the Vampire One, i am just speculating, after all she is closest to Rafe with their sister/daughter/brother/father bond, she has with him. She can see both sides and help both come together for the better of both Were and Vampires.

But *poke* with this lil cliffhanger we will have to wait to find out what Caleb meant and to find out what this other part of Caleb seems to be hiding within himself, after all He is the eldest Vampire of them all.

i definitely will miss all these people (i just don't see them as characters in some story) kinda like family members that are far away, whom we haven't had a chance to get together with in ages.

But i do understand the need for a well deserved break and my dear, You have earned it, just please don't take too long of a one..lol We will all miss you too much to let you stop for too long...lol

Anyway wonderful chapter as usually and can't wait for the last one to be posted.

Donna

rainbowsmmrainbowsmmover 13 years ago
Come on now!

man! Cliffhanger again? No fair! As I've come to expect, another great chapter. As someone said before, it seems that Caleb has a MAJOR secret hiding. I wonder what it is? Hmm? LOL.

MizTMizTover 13 years ago
Missed Already

I already miss the friends (characters) I have met. I know it's not over yet, but knowing there is an end has saddened me. Will these characters move on to the next story? Will there be all new characters you introduce us to? And why are you making us wait until next year to find out. OK so maybe you have a home life and want to be free over the holidays. No matter the reason I'll follow your writing wherever you take me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I think I love you

You have such a way with words it's amazing!! Soo excited for whatever secret Caleb is about to reveal. I knew there was something special about him especially when he seemed to know things before they happened and the fact that he is the oldest vampire of all probably has something to do with it. Completely in love with this series, it has got to be my favorite one on this site :)

You have amazing talent and I'm so glad you are sharing it with us for free but whenever you do become published let us know I'l definitely be there to buy your book.

Please don't keep me waiting too long, it would be cruel and unusual punishment lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I'm really hoping you reveal Caleb's big secret in the final chapter. I'll be very upset with you if you decide to keep it to yourself until your next story. Loving the progression of this series though, having Mara on the council should be interesting, haha.

mischievous_femalemischievous_femaleover 13 years ago
Figured It Out!

Annie is pregnant, I know!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
OMG

Caleb is the first hybrid baby. I see another series coming. YEAH

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Amazing as always....

Your twist arent easy to predict but I have a sneaky suspicion about Caleb's secret.

His easy (or easier) acceptance of The Hanlon Pack.

His adoption and protection of them.

His volunteering to join his wife as a member of the new Armand-Hanlon Pack.

I don't think that was just his amazing love for his wife... And learning of the vamp-were mating details while on his trip in Europe is too simple.

He's so old... I say that the first vamp-were couple somehow managed to protect their child (despite published accounts) and Caleb is that offspring! So now he has to deal with the whole hurt/heal issue so that he and Annie can make babies too!

Hurry hurry whatever it is and then we can all try to survive the holidays without you. :(

sexynoisesturnmeonsexynoisesturnmeonover 13 years ago
UGHHHHHH!!!

Why didn't I see it sooner?!!?!?!? YOU are an amazing writer!!!!!! You have a talent that should not be hidden from the world. Think of it this way, If you take your work to a publisher, you will be amazingly rich and never have to do anything but write your wonderful stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Words Can't Discribe

Jaz I can only say this has been an amazingly wonderful story. This year has flown by as I click click click to the next pages and thru these chapters with you. You are an wonderfully amazing writer. Thank you for always sharing your stories with us. Have a Happy Holiday and Wonderful New Year look forward to your next set of characters.

XOXOXOX

Teagan1fl

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Soooo good!

This is awesome and I can't wait for the next chapter! I love love your stories and all your characters! I'm thinking that Caleb is the first hybrid baby and that's why he is the way he is. Love it!! Please continue writing about all of them, and keeping the stories going about their pregnancies and having babies. Maybe a story about Pietro, Freya, Stephan and Emily, and the weres such as the Alexander brothers.

greencasandragreencasandraover 13 years ago

I can't wait to find out what the secret it! Amazing chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
aaaaaahhhhhhhh

YOU'RE KILLING ME! LOL.

I started reading this chapter thinking it would be a nice happy wrap up, and it was -- Caleb kicking ass (which was totally awesome), etc etc etc. And then you left it with the mother of all cliffhangers! aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh lol.

Now I'm D.Y.I.N.G. for the next one!

mikothebabymikothebabyover 13 years ago
speechless

I am going to go online right now and order a thesaurus. This chapter has left me with no words to describe your talent that I and others have not already used. I will be counting the hours until you post the last chapter. And when I am done reading that I shall cry for hours that a wonderful story has ended. Please, Please take this to a publisher immediately. And then let us all know who is publishing it so we can buy copies. I would so love to have this book in my collection. Take all the stories from the beginning and put them in the book. I do not care what the cost is, I will buy it. Hugs from your #1 all time fan. Kate - aka mikothebaby

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Oh Wow

As per usual Jaz you fill me and your other reader's with awe...the talent you have for drawing us into your world is incomperable and I (like others) would pay to have these stories (such a mundane word for what you actually do!) in print to add to my collection of books.

I both crave and yet dread the release of the final chapter of the Council as I know we will have to wait to see what fantastic idea's you can come up with in 2011.

frosty_hore8frosty_hore8over 13 years ago
I’m loving it........

horray that rafe is recognised by all in his pack. horray for caleb having the balls to sort out the vamp council. horray that the mated pairs are happy.

but as per usual jaz, you had to leave us with a cliff hanger. thank goodness it won’t be long ‘til the next chapter ;0)

pagemasterpagemasterover 13 years ago
I'm loving this!

I was so excited to see a new chapter when I came online tonight. This series gets better and BETTER! I can't wait to see what Caleb's secret is, but I'm with Rhianna on this one. He can't hide it from us forever!

I got goosebumps reading this chapter this time. Great work, Jaz. I'm looking forward to the stories the new year will bring us!

beibeegyrl_109beibeegyrl_109over 13 years ago
Fantastic....

your curve-balls threw me for a loop, i readily admit to that, but I've always had the feeling that Caleb was more than what he appeared. I've my suspicions as to what and WHO he is, but I'll wait for your next installment before i confirm or deny. I do hope you're seriously considering what myself and numerous others have said about you becoming published. I'd have no qualms about adding your literature to my current selection of all time favorites.

I'm rooting for u

KolrinKolrinover 13 years ago
OH MY GOD

Caleb's a hybrid, isn't he? That's how he is so powerful, why he knew about the mating possibility etc. He was a friend of the original vampire/were mating. That's also why he was so able to befriend Jared. Man that is just devious. If it is true. I am (almost) certain. But if not you really are even more devious as I thought, cause I can't think of anything that would fit so perfectly. But damn this is good stuff. You really rock.

donaldedonaldeover 13 years ago
interesting thought

i was thinking he might be the original vampire but after reading all of Jaz stories you may just be right Kolrin what that be interesting if it is very sneaky Jaz very sneaky indeed

sol76sol76over 13 years ago
Ooooooo

Jazz your naughty lol but if Calebs a hybrid who's his Alpha or is an Alpha hybrid oh and does hat mean he can have kids but he doesn't know it?

Oooo all very interesting.

1 last chapter before christmas? yikes what am I going to do.

Take care hun have a nice break xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sol AKA Jazz's groupie xxxxxxxxxx

princessTRprincessTRover 13 years ago
I'm confused?

So the general consensus is that Caleb is a hybrid, possibly the "vere" that we were told had been killed by the Council AND Annie can have babies.

Hmmmm.... I feel like I missed something somewhere? I thought that child died, and that Vamps can't have children - seeing that they are like dead and all.

My theory, Caleb has been around a long time. This would have exposed him to a lot of power and room for development so maybe he is like Super Ancient or something. Or maybe he is just Super Pissed off LMAO!!

willieonewillieoneover 13 years ago
What ifs

Ok since we are all doing the what ifs! What if the original vampire mated with the original were and their son had inherited the power of both his parent making him the most powerful being in existence, leaning more toward his father in appearance apart from his golden eyes that seemed to glow when his power was close to the surface and he also has power over vampire's much like an alpha wolf has over his pack but has chosen not to use it. Yet!

How is that for speculations. LOL

zouzounizouzouniover 13 years ago
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

'nuf said!!! Oh and the fact that I love it!!!!

LeftoverStoriesLeftoverStoriesover 13 years ago
Man, I need a "like" button for some of these comments!

Can't wait to see how you bring it on home.

Have a happy holiday, Jaz.

candi_kanecandi_kaneover 13 years ago
Great Job!

How can Annie be on the council when she will be Queen to Caleb as Vampire King? Just a thought..anyways, you have to do a story for Freya, she needs a mate. Her character is too strong to just leave as is. I love this story and I hope you continue with it. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Need!!!!!

There are many things that I require in my life for it to be healthy and happy. Food, water, air, family, friends and now it seems that your writing has joined the ranks! I know you require a break and I do understand that outside intrests come first but please consider those of us who are devoted fans of your work and don't leave us for too long. Love everything about this story and can't wait for the revelations of the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I know the truth!

Caleb was the one who sentenced the first were/vamp pair to death! That is what it is isn't it!! OMG!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Caleb

Is he the vamp/were hybrid? He was close to the Hanlon pack before Rhianna came along and has some extra side. Great story btw.

SkyDreamerSkyDreamerover 13 years ago
Thank you

Jaz, you keep me intrigued, on the edge of my seat, with the emotion, drawn from every word. Thanx for the awsome storytelling gift you have bestowed on us- mere mortals!!

luv_romanceluv_romanceover 13 years ago
oh my!!

another cliffhanger? a great secret? a break??

how could you Jaz??? YOu are killing us with all these things, and you do it so very well. kudos again. you really are a superb writer. :) marvelous! brilliant!!! now i am a lost for words.

i still cannot think and get over the fact that this story is about to end. i read all the "what ifs" scenarios of the other readers. wow! they really are so much into it as i am.

i cannot wait how you will finish this one. i am sure to i will not be disappointed. :) please do rest but still keep on writing ok? please do not make us wait very long (...and for sure you can't help but write anyways... hahaha).

caribbeanislandcaribbeanislandover 13 years ago
You not stopping now!!!

Want!!!

Absolute final chapter to be written. Take a break and come back in the new year, but no later than March. Need something for the Spring/Easter/Royal Wedding.

In the meantime, I'm going to print off all the chapters and read over the Xmas break. This is one fantabulous story.

PennLadyPennLadyover 13 years ago
Good job!

As usual, Jaz. :)

catman71catman71over 13 years ago
hmmm

me thinks that the can of worms is not yet fully open, and what is caleb hiding , you said an epilogue is forthcoming, i hope that it sets the stage for the next series

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Oh Goodness!

I loved it! You're wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Jaz!

This is Spoolee. How can you end this chapter like this!? I think this is the first time since I started reading this that I'm mad at you. haha. What is going on with Caleb? All I can say is that you're lucky the next chapter is going to be up in a couple of days. lol I can't wait! I hope you have a nice break from the writing. Take as much time as you want, I know you'll come back with something amazing for us to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
love you!!

hi.. love all your stories

i can easily say that you're one of the best writers whose work i have ever read.. :)

these characters have become as a part of me.. i feel as if noone can take them away from me.. i will such happiness re-reading these stories over and over..

please do continue the series, it may be selfish on my part, but i guess everyone would agree with me :)

love it totally.. got no words.. just wanna give you a big hug..

i feel such sheer happiness just thinking about these stories... the incredible love and care... i feel totaly overwhlemed by it..

please don't take it away from me

and wish you very happy holiday may this new year bring you lots of of love and happiness and more of jaz's cliffhangers to us hehe..

please keep up the great great great work..

wish you all the good luck

take care :)

addictivereaderaddictivereaderover 13 years ago
Speculation Aside

Absolutely love your work. Happy to see the last chapter will be out soon. I know this will only flow into another new and Fabulous story line. Have a very happy break and holiday season. Your devoted fan.

bearmad1963bearmad1963over 13 years ago
Jaz

Brilliant chapter as always. Makes you wonder exactly what secret Caleb is hiding. Cannot wait to see how the new council will get on.

DormDadDormDadalmost 13 years ago
You are a...

...Teaser, sneaky, and very talented.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
LEGLISLATION HAS BEEN DELIVERED

the house and senate will be in order, TK U MLJ LV NV

happyfeet92happyfeet92about 11 years ago
Amazing

I fell across your stories by chance and I have to tell you that they are awesome.. Once I started I couldn't stop until I had finished all of the series. The people who complained spelling should get as life...... Well done waiting with bated breath.....

willieonewillieoneabout 10 years ago
sigh!

Annie still pisses me off!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Annie's the Best!

Why anyone would say mean things of Annie is beyond comprehension !!! unless it's out of jealousy that her life had gone from normal to awful and then to simply amazing...I know I would love to live her live....or at least this fantasy world that JazCullen has managed to bring into our lives...come to think of it, lives come in many forms...so it really isn't surprising that there are the lives of weres and vampires...perhaps they really cover their track so well on this Earth that us humans has not discovered them yet.,.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Why didn't Caleb just go all the way and proclaim himself king since he obviously thinks he has the right to make up laws and appoint the council.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJazCullen@JazCullen
31 January 2021 Storm of Shadows Ch 12 has been submitted today. Hopefully it will be with you all soon :) Jaz Also, Fighting the Inevitable is now available to buy on Amazon... Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1SxJWkg Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Y52J5VY I have ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES