All Comments on 'The Curse of the Aztecs'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

The professor seems to reaped the benefits of his research!

5

Comentarista82Comentarista8210 months ago

You definitely researched this, and although part of this was in my area of study, it was not detailed. I looked up much of what you listed, seeing what I could find. I would have already said any priest's account (like ones that went with Pedro Menéndez to San Augustine) would have been the most reliable. You definitely played the discoveries of the sites well, since the Mayan ones in the Yucatán were always reclaimed by the jungle and literally had to be dug out of all the vegetation. Where you had to employ your imagination was once you started with the possible curse, and you fleshed that out well with how it seemed Elena fell under the spell of Xochiquetzal (it should have been her, not Huixtocihuatl, as the latter appears to be the lesser of the two goddesses) to have her way with him. You really invented that credibly, as while there was prostitution listed in internet searches I executed, there wasn't much about the prostitution side. I have to admit, though, that I never thought Elena was under an actual curse, although the outside possibility was there had you opted to follow the idea of magic realism in the prevailing literature; however, the story presented none of those markers, which is what told me Elena cleverly disguised her actions and demonstrated great cunning in carrying out her plan...which indeed felt like someone with a crush would try. Despite that, you framed it rather ingeniously...although if there were one area I thought was a weakness, it felt a little too convenient he and Elena could get together without any negative ramifications and one that was a little more glaring was that to be admitted into a Ph.D program (at least where I went), the program required the applicant to already be fluent in at least 2 other languages related to one's field of study: this means the professor should have been 100% fluent in Spanish, also something related like Brazilian Portuguese, and with some ability to read basic Nahuatl or Mayan.

*

Despite those 2 weaknesses, the rest of the story was quite novel, since there was little to go on and I believe how you established it sold it well, especially how Elena handled it/acted it out. Thanks for such a unique tale! 5

KinPAKinPA10 months ago

Excellent as always!

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u10 months ago

Very interesting, love how she sets out to capture the professor. The little detail of the locals giving them space with a wink and a nod are what make your stories well above average.

Once again well done with an enjoyable read.

des911des91110 months ago

Very nicely done. You lead the reader into a world that most will have little knowledge of, but it didn't feel overwhelming or teacher-like. The characters are credible, but not very deeply developed; enough for your purpose in making a credible story. I enjoyed it and thank you

DrStingDrSting10 months ago

As always, I enjoy your writing. Thanks for sharing.

muskyboymuskyboy10 months ago

Pretty erotic, but not very much romance or affection. Don't fertility goddesses get pregnant, I was really waiting for that. Why did she want to get tied to her hammock after the third time???? Definitely not a romantic ending.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Well written with some research, no doubt, thrown in. I like the "prank", completely fooled me. Only thing that would make it better is if we learned how their life together ended up. 4.8*

A_BierceA_Bierce10 months ago

Did you arrange for the NYTimes to publish a fascinating article about the discovery of a previously unknown city overgrown by the Yucatan jungle the day after your story appeared? It was a Mayan city, not Aztec, and the key to the discovery was lidar, not a priest's journal, but still...

Ravey19Ravey1910 months ago

An 8nteresting little tale. Liked the subterfuge taken by Elena to get her man. .

KachinaDollKachinaDoll10 months ago

Well researched, but Elena's suggestion that she be tied in her hammock made no sense if her plan was seduction. Also, the sex was rather unimaginative and repetitive. Sorry, I'm a fan of yours but this story fell a little flat.

Caldwel2Caldwel210 months ago

Well done! A minor quibble - he wouldn’t be a full professor for his initial independent research. Normal appointment at his entry level would be Assistant Professor, and Full Professor would follow after a number of discoveries and publications.

luap50luap504 months ago

I am an admirer of the Aztec civilization brutally destroyed by the "christian" Cortez. This is one of the best stories I've ever read on Literotica. A dive into the mysteries and charm of the Mexica people (that's what the Aztecs called themselves). Congratulations to the author. Literotica is also culture!

Peapod41Peapod41about 2 months ago

Is there no end to your imagination? At least 11 stars, on a scale of one-to-ten!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories