All Comments on 'The Dairy State Boy, A Follow Up'

by DavidPatrick

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
BlowPopJBlowPopJabout 2 years ago

Hope Kevin will be able to find someone that can be all his.

BaladeerBaladeerabout 2 years ago

Hot, yet painful, does that make sense?

dnsontndnsontnabout 2 years ago

Still a ‘boy on the side’ years later. I’d consider it a life choice, a decision, if Kip hadn’t been mentioned. That makes it more damage than decision. Hella hot sex though! Don’t choose old and alone, little bird. Damage can usually be repaired.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Before someone would say nasty things, I think Kevin's solution is natural and good for him. No everyone can find his knight.

Dpj49Dpj49about 2 years ago

But I want this story to continue. (I removed the word “desperately”).

You have a rare talent making the story real and I loved the thinking and conversation they had about their feelings and viewpoints. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I found this follow-up way more sad than it was hot. Sad that Josh cheated so easily on his wife - not that they didn’t still have sex but she just wasn’t enough for him. Sad that Kevin doesn’t require more for himself - he has chosen to have only casual sex (because of the emotional damage inflicted by Kip and Attie). Sad that they were so wide openly sexually but so closed off emotionally. Sad that Kevin wants more but doesn’t demand more in this chosen lovers. Sad that a good friend like Thomas who seemed to want more from Kevin wasn’t what he wanted. And sad that what had gone on so long ended so unceremoniously. I have so much hope for Kevin - it’s sad that he doesn’t want the same for himself - or at least commit to finding someone he can really invest in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The first story made me sad, this one made me heart sick. It felt like Kevin hardened himself to the possibilities of a lasting, loving relationship with someone. He never allowed himself to be in a situation where that could be a possibility.

That isn’t a criticism of this story. In fact, quite the opposite. This felt like a portrait of the choices and consequences made by someone who was deeply hurt in his youth and consciously decided what his emotional boundaries would be as an adult. Sad. But realistic.

jonkingbrothersjonkingbrothersabout 2 years ago

Beautifully written. The guys are engaging and their reality is palpable. Like BlowPopJ, I too hope that Kevin finds somebody he can give his heart to. It sounds like he wants that, though he's not willing to admit it to himself yet. Thanks for letting us hear this part of the story and connect to these men.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Screw that, I would have kept it going with him. I've been with this guy for 10 years (while he dated women too).

Hutchison12Hutchison12about 2 years ago

I hope Kevin can find his someone, we will need it.. even when we don’t want to admit it , but deep down we do. Great story .

Kmax1958Kmax1958almost 2 years ago

Argh! Always leave your audience wanting more.

DV19DV19over 1 year ago

Another great story, except for the ending. I guess that is the appropriate ending, but I had hoped you could work some magic and come up with something interesting or spectacular..

It's a bit sad for them both to not continue to be friends, just because one is getting feelings and that is not what he is comfortable with.

DV19

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous