All Comments on 'The Devil is Me'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
dwoelfledwoelfleabout 3 years ago

I enjoy that you characters have multiple dimensions. Really enjoyed this story. Thank you.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

Nice story, but why didn't they have kids together?

He was loaded and she didn't need to work, so it seemed odd that they never gave Emily a couple of siblings.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 3 years ago

Let's get the numbers straight. $15/hour, 40 hours per week, for 52 weeks comes out to only $31,200, less SSA taxes. Even if we assume no income tax, there really isn't anything there to do much of anything.

Sunset154Sunset154about 3 years ago

Very good story. 5

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112about 3 years ago

Five stars, BH. Thank you!

RanDog025RanDog025about 3 years ago

Excellent story! loved it, all of it. 5 starz!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

What a fantastic story! The characters always make any fictional work what it is, and yours are realistic and believable! Thanks!!

jneric2691jneric2691about 3 years ago

Great story!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story but dont knock Revenge as a concept. Its as natural as Love, Hate, Fear, Joy, Sadness and all those other wonderful emotions that makes us Human.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

You do a great job of bringing out the emotions of your characters and making them believable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I'm a sucker for stories with a kid(s) and a happy ending. Great story, thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

JacktacularJacktacularabout 3 years ago

I like how you highlighted the pitfalls of revenge. All of the bitter little people seem to never see how that never works out. Basic physics even in life, to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Best revenge is having a good and happy life

Jack

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 3 years ago

Nice story kind of a novel twist on the cheating spouse story. Enjoyed the fantasy thank you for another well played story.

5 stars of course.

Cheers

SAGE

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

Your storyline is great. Very entertaining read. Thanks for sharing.*****

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Dangers Of Overreacting

Good example of the dangers with Tom hitting Holly's husband too hard and Holly's reaction to seeing him could have led to him walking away.

Bit short on the details at the end but still good and worth 5.

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

I love happy endings. I just wonder why he didn't have more children with Holly.

racfguyracfguyalmost 3 years ago
My first thought . . .

Was the 'female logic': Holly blames Tom for causing all her problems, when her husband was out 'free-lancing' with other women. Tom did get him 'black-balled' work wise, but Tom was 'revenging' on him. I call it "don't get mad, get even", which Tom did.

Good that Holly finally realized that it wasn't really Tom's fault and eventually fell in love with him, and everything turned out OK.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story.

A well paced tale with a good blend of drama, romance, action, history, emotionalism and of course sex.

It actually softened my hard callous heart enough to bring a tear to these old male eyes.

The happy ever after was just sweet..

Thankyou

A R W

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Great story . Loved it. AAAAAA+++++

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Spectacular but subtle love story. Covered all the bases and the denouement is just about perfect. Great job 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've always wondered with all the BTB stories if someone would explore the aftermath. Only wish it was longer. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tom didn't do any wrong in getting rid of his skank wife and putting the plumber/handyman in his place

woodrangewoodrangeabout 1 year ago

Nice.slowly devouring your works.really like the way the children in your stories get portrayed and their importance to the outcome..

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Finally….reading through this author alphabetically and it took me 3/4’s of the way before a descent band was mentioned. I figured someone gaga over Kiss would probably also be a Dog Night fan or maybe the Cowsils but The Clash is actually a very good band.

Good show! 5 stars for the Clash…and a very sweet story.

shadrachtshadracht6 months ago

This was riding a hard 3* due to all of the bullshit blame shifting. The ending pushed it up to a 4 though.

Qky75Qky753 months ago

Sorry, I couldn't get beyond the first few paragraphs. This lady married a cheater. The cheater ruined her life not the main character. I REFUSE to feel guilty because someone else's husband got what he deserved.

Ocker53Ocker5321 days ago

A beautiful story⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...